The Swedish Royal Family and the Military

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
how many? oh, I have no idea. But I have two, three girlfriends who are doing military service right now....
but other than that I don´t know...

Attachments

• 9dabe20d.jpg
    9dabe20d.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 337

Attachments

• bd9af176.jpg
    bd9af176.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 346
Why are her fingers so red? Is this pseudo-blood?

I think you are right. (its a better idea then my first which was finger nail polish :innocent: )

From today: Victoria and her father are visiting the Viking 03 exercise (an military exercise).
Someone should give them a coat! ;)

Attachments

• fatheranddaughter280.jpg
    fatheranddaughter280.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 345
This is the second time in the past couple of days where Victoria, surrounded by men, has looked cold. As a man, of courteous ways, I have to be saddened by this.
Sure, in this case, everybody's eyes may not be on her but still a woman looks cold. The right thing to do is to offer her a coat. And I hope that she will become a godmother to this baby or anything baby. It would be a nice gesture.

post-52-1070896730.jpg

Originally posted by Dennism@Dec 8th, 2003 - 12:01 pm
This is the second time in the past couple of days where Victoria, surrounded by men, has looked cold. As a man, of courteous ways, I have to be saddened by this.
Sure, in this case, everybody's eyes may not be on her but still a woman looks cold. The right thing to do is to offer her a coat. And I hope that she will become a godmother to this baby or anything baby. It would be a nice gesture.

I guess that´s the side effect of emancipation. You want to be head of state like a man, so you have to freeze like a man ;)
But it´s sadly a fact, that women are freezing all the time, while men can even stand it just to wear a T-shirt in winter.

I'm all for emancipation but you should be courteous to your guests and that requires you do ask questions. Find out how they are doing. I know that if I were standing out there I would like someone to ask me about it As for the second part, women have a higher body temperature than men. Therefore, they get colder quicker than men do.

Originally posted by Dennism@Dec 8th, 2003 - 1:04 pm
I'm all for emancipation but you should be courteous to your guests and that requires you do ask questions. Find out how they are doing. I know that if I were standing out there I would like someone to ask me about it
You´re right...but then they should offer Carl Gustaf a coat too, or mulled wine/glögg (maybe with the second one the exercise is more intersting ;) ). As I know the net-pages of the swedish military there will be soon more photos, and we will see, if they still don´t wear jackets.

So it seems as if all her school friends would raise families, only she´s waiting, has to wait, or whatever.
More photos from the military exercise:
www.polfoto.dk

Attachments

• m1.jpeg
    m1.jpeg
    29.4 KB · Views: 376
  • m2.jpeg
    m2.jpeg
    21.7 KB · Views: 341
  • m3.jpeg
    m3.jpeg
    28.6 KB · Views: 275
  • m4.jpeg
    m4.jpeg
    23 KB · Views: 361
  • m5.jpeg
    m5.jpeg
    22.9 KB · Views: 328
  • m6.jpeg
    m6.jpeg
    22.2 KB · Views: 364
  • m7.jpeg
    m7.jpeg
    30.9 KB · Views: 368
Last edited by a moderator:
do you think she will do some more military training this fall

would you like her two do a proper military service?

so why is she serving if women don't have to. don't get me wrong i think it is great that she is doing it, i was just wondering why.

robby86 said:
so why is she serving if women don't have to. don't get me wrong i think it is great that she is doing it, i was just wondering why.
Basically you´re surely right. Why should she? Why should anybody (male or female), who really don´t want to handle with a weapon??
But Victoria will be one day head of the military in Sweden. She will get this job/titles anyway...but shouldn´t she at least pretend a little bit, that she has acquired this status?

BTW an little anecdote, that comes to my mind. Once I´ve searched for "Prinzessin Victoria" in google, and then I came across a german forum for soldiers, and they´ve talked about the right kind of camouflage. And there an user has posted a picture of Victoria with camouflage and an other (partly swedish) user has commented this with something like "the princess doesn´t wear proper camouflage...the parts around the eyes are left out etc." and then he got an furious answer of a female recruit, who has thought, that the soldier, who has posted this, calls all female soldiers "princesses" to ridicule them ;)

Good story, Lena. That is funny.

i don't like the thought that this Crown Prince representative, unlike all the other Crown Prince rep's in Europe is "sluffing" her way through the military.

Ok, sure Frederik of Denmark outdid his compatriots in going on to (tough guy) danish frog corps and then the sirius patrol. But the others, for example Willem Alexander of the Netherlands did a complete training in the air force if I recall correctly. I don't think it would have looked good for Philippe of Belgium, Charles of England, Haakon of Norway nor Felipe of Spain to have "wimped" their way through military training.

Hence, in that perspective, I could sympathasize with Carl Gustav's attitude that a son would make a better king than a girl. I mean, even Carl Philip did a complete military training.

Just an opinion ...

hrhcp do you want her to have more military training
Her making "lumpen" is not a bad ides in my opinion.

what royal women have done military training
can someone list them

I don't know if I think she should do the full military training ("lumpen") at this time of her life - I mean she's closing in on her 30's and military training is usually done after high school... To me, it would be quite strange if she would just enrol into the military now, leaving her spot as an active member of the Royal Family for more than a year and only having some weekends etc off... If she wants to do it, she should've done it when she was younger... That's my humble opinion at least. :D Besides, I think she's taken part in quite a lot of other military educational things.

Last edited:
you are maybe right

this fall seems to focus on the military subject
but we will never see her in a iniform as her father at different funtion

so could someone post a list on female royals that have a military education

Josefine said:
you are maybe right

despite the fact that she looks sexy in uniform ?

The nearest I can think of is QE2 of the UK.
Her daughter Anne is much like Victoria with no formal education but a "Colonel-in-Chief" of numerous regiments.

Carl Philip in the Military

anp-photo.com has some new pics of the Prince during a lunch break. He doing a special top military service right now and he wears uniform:wub:

An Example, more pics on the page:
ANP Beeldbank

I thought so, too. Maybe they made an exclusion for swedish princes;-)

If you look @ some of the other photos there is another guy with long hair....

you are maybe right

The Queen of Denmark and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark both have had military training.

Back
Top Bottom