The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-05-2015, 09:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Anna Hamilton, the Head of PR and Communication at Stockholms Auktionsverk (the world's oldest auction house), starts as the First Lady of the Court and the Head of Queen Silvia's Household in January. She becomes the Queen's closest member of staff.
- Yes, it is true that I will start working as the Head of the Queen's Household, she confirms.
She can even become Princess Sofia's mentor - a role currently held by the First Lady of the Court, Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke.
- There is nothing I can say at the present situation. But I'm obviously looking very much forward to my new job, says Hamilton.
The current First Lady of the Court, Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke retires officially in January in 2016. She had her 70th birthday in May.
Hamilton blir Silvias nya närmsta kvinna _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

Svensk Damtidning tells in their paper issue that the Crown Equerry and Chief of the Royal Mews, Mertil Melin, retired in the beginning of October. The new Crown Equerry is Ulf Gunnehed, who started working at the Royal Mews in the beginning of September and worked a month together with Melin.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Anna Hamilton, the Head of PR and Communication at Stockholms Auktionsverk (the world's oldest auction house), starts as the First Lady of the Court and the Head of Queen Silvia's Household in January. She becomes the Queen's closest member of staff.
- Yes, it is true that I will start working as the Head of the Queen's Household, she confirms.
She can even become Princess Sofia's mentor - a role currently held by the First Lady of the Court, Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke.
- There is nothing I can say at the present situation. But I'm obviously looking very much forward to my new job, says Hamilton.
The current First Lady of the Court, Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke retires officially in January in 2016. She had her 70th birthday in May.
Translation

Svensk Damtidning tells in their paper issue that the Crown Equerry and Chief of the Royal Mews, Mertil Melin, retired in the beginning of October. The new Crown Equerry is Ulf Gunnehed, who started working at the Royal Mews in the beginning of September and worked a month together with Melin.
Hon blir ny statsfru på slottet | Svensk Damtidning

Old 10-05-2015, 02:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Translation

And confirmed by the Royal Court: Ny statsfru vid Kungl. Hovstaterna - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 10-05-2015, 02:47 PM
Majesty

Interesting.

Could this be the beginning of a - shall we say - more hands on management of the SRF PR service?
Old 10-05-2015, 02:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Interesting.

Could this be the beginning of a - shall we say - more hands on management of the SRF PR service?
Ms Hamilton is a real superwoman, if she has in addition to her work as the First Lady of the Court time for the PR of the court. The Queen's Household and the First Lady of the Court are also responsible for the Royal Domestic Household at Drottningholm.

EDIT: Svensk Damtidning has edited their article and tells that Margareta Thorgren told them that Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke continues as Sofia's mentor.

It seems that ms Hamilton is also a member of the swedish nobility, at least according to a comment at Svensk Damtidning's article.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:59 PM
Majesty

Good. Sounds like she's what the SRF needs.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Good. Sounds like she's what the SRF needs.
What was lacking under the current staff?
Old 10-05-2015, 03:44 PM
Majesty

The Swedish PR-department has hardly been stellar in its way to conduct things.
Whether that is due to lack of co-ordination from above or simply being inept will probably be seen now when a true professional moves in.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
The Swedish PR-department has hardly been stellar in its way to conduct things.
Whether that is due to lack of co-ordination from above or simply being inept will probably be seen now when a true professional moves in.
Margareta Thorgren had worked as director of communications both at Scandic Hotels and Scan AB before she started as the Director of the Press Department. She had also worked on consulting, public relations and as a media advisor. She was also the founder and PR Consultant of M-agera.

According to the court press release ms Hamilton is involved in the overall planning of the Queen's and the King and Queen's program and is responsible together with the First Marshal of the Court for the implementation of the state visits.
About the work of the Queen's Household here:
H.M. The Queen's Household - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 10-15-2015, 06:03 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
It seems that ms Hamilton is also a member of the swedish nobility, at least according to a comment at Svensk Damtidning's article.
Well,she is Coutess Hamilton...

She was born Baroness Anna Gabriella Catharina Rudbeck...Rudbeck is a noble family that originated from the Duchy of Schleswig-Holstein.

Their ancestor Johan,who died in 17th century,was the one who came first to Sweden and settled there...the family was ennobled there in 1719.

On the other hand,her husband Count Peter Hamilton is even distantly related to the Swedish royal family having descended from of many great houses such as Leiningen,Reuss,Salm,Lippe,Wied,Solms,Schawrzburg,Erbach,Platen-Hallermund,Biron von Kurland...
Old 10-16-2015, 04:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Bishop emeritus Lars-Göran Lönnermark retires as Chief Court Chaplain in the end of October.
We saw him at the Prince baptism on Sunday with Archbishop Antje Jackelén. Already in 1988 Lars-Göran Lönnermark was appointed to the chaplain of the Court parish and to Chief Court Chaplain to the King in 2007. The king together with the Queen decides who succeeds Lönnermark. The only condition is that the person must be a bishop. There is currently no decision on who it will be according to the court's press service.

What do you remember most from those years?
- It has been incredibly fun years these nine that I had the responsibility of the Court parish. There are mainly three things that stand out. I got to work with two prayer books, both Queen Silvia's prayer book and Princess Estelle's prayer book, it was very special. Then we have all these baptisms, weddings and funerals. And the third is the TV-broadcasted Sunday services.
You are 76 now, how does it feel to take it easy?
- It is natural that existence becomes calmer. I live in Skara and have traveled up to the Court parish about every two weeks. But I have been constantly in charge and the phone has been able to ring anytime.
Finally, what will be your main memory of Sunday's baptism when little Prince Nicolas was baptized in the Drottningholm Palace church?
- That children are children. We all smiled big when little Estelle picked up the pacifier and when Princess Leonore went to the baptismal font. It was a very nice baptismal service.
Lönnermark slutar som överhovpredikant _ Kyrkans Tidning
Old 10-16-2015, 05:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Ah I thought that the archbishop was going to stay forever (longer). He really does looks younger. How does that work? I mean, how is the time of retirement decided? It is a pity really. Could the archbishop Jackelen replace him?
Old 10-16-2015, 05:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Ah I thought that the archbishop was going to stay forever (longer). He really does looks younger. How does that work? I mean, how is the time of retirement decided? It is a pity really. Could the archbishop Jackelen replace him?
Lönnermark isn't the archbishop and has never been. Lönnermark was bishop at the Skara diocese until 2004, I think he retired then at the age of 65 years but served at the same time as the chaplain of the court.
Archbishop Jackelén is now 60 years old, the former archbishop Anders Wejryd retired last year when he had his 66 birthday. So I think that Jackelén stays as archbishop the next almost six years.
I think that the court informs about the new Chief Court Chaplain before the end of the month, when bishop emeritus Lönnermark has his last work day.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Lönnermark isn't the archbishop and has never been. Lönnermark was bishop at the Skara diocese until 2004, I think he retired then at the age of 65 years but served at the same time as the chaplain of the court.
Archbishop Jackelén is now 60 years old, the former archbishop Anders Wejryd retired last year when he had his 66 birthday. So I think that Jackelén stays as archbishop the next almost six years.
I think that the court informs about the new Chief Court Chaplain before the end of the month, when bishop emeritus Lönnermark has his last work day.
Thank you. Sorry if I always ask, but as a raised catholic, to me other religions and how those work are a mistery
Old 11-04-2015, 01:00 PM
Nobility

Bishop Johan Dalman is appointed as new Chief Court Chaplain by the King. He accede during a service on First Advent.

Ny överhovpredikant utnämnd - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 11-04-2015, 01:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
Bishop Johan Dalman is appointed as new Chief Court Chaplain by the King. He accede during a service on First Advent.

Ny överhovpredikant utnämnd - Sveriges Kungahus
He is married with Margareta Nisser-Dalman, the Director of the Royal Collections. He is a member of the noble family Dalman, according to Wikipedia.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
He is married with Margareta Nisser-Dalman, the Director of the Royal Collections. He is a member of the noble family Dalman, according to Wikipedia.
Very interesting observations LadyFinn, I didn't know that.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke, who retires from her work as the First Lady of the Court and the Head of HM the Queen's Household on 1st January, starts on the same day as the Mistress of the Robes (överhovmästarinna), after Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister.

As the Mistress of the Robes Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke has an advisory function, assists at the incoming state visits and other ceremonies as well as continues to support Princess Sofia in her education. Blixen-Finecke also continues as a member of the Board in the World Childhood Foundation, the Global Child Forum and the Foundation Care About the Children.
Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke blir överhovmästarinna - Sveriges Kungahus

I was thinking about this when the court told about von Blixen-Finecke retiring from her work. Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister has also been the First Lady of the Court before she was appointed as the Mistress of the Robes.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:49 AM
Courtier

The Staff and Court of the Royal Family

Quote:
Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke, who retires from her work as the First Lady of the Court and the Head of HM the Queen's Household on 1st January, starts on the same day as the Mistress of the Robes (överhovmästarinna), after Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister.

As the Mistress of the Robes Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke has an advisory function, assists at the incoming state visits and other ceremonies as well as continues to support Princess Sofia in her education. Blixen-Finecke also continues as a member of the Board in the World Childhood Foundation, the Global Child Forum and the Foundation Care About the Children.
Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke blir överhovmästarinna - Sveriges Kungahus

I'm not surprised. Neither by the fact that Alice TW steps down or that Kirstine BF is the one taking over. Though I'll miss old Battleship Wachtmeister. What a character!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 11-05-2015, 07:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria's and Queen Silvia's friend and mentor Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister tells about her leaving from the royal family and her severe bone disease:
- Unfortunately, I have no choice. It is with great sorrow that I have not been able to be with the family recently. I don't have strength anymore.
The countess has a wish:
- To be able to attend the King's 70th birthday. I want to experience that.

Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister, 89, has since 1994 been the Mistress of the Robes of the Royal Family. It was Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister who once helped in Silvia as Queen and has in all the years acted as her mentor and even closest friend. Since Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine were born, she also served as their mentor and support in the royal world.
Now she is forced to end her work as the Mistress of the Robes, because of her illness. She is suffering from a while back of a bone disease that makes her been tied to her home in Skåne since last November.
How are you doing?
- It goes up and down. Occasionally, I feel good, but quite often bad, says Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister.
Vad is the bone disease?
- There's something about the skeleton. Some word for the disease that sounds great. I have not focused on the name, explains the countess.
The king and the royal court announced earlier today that Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister will be replaced by current First Lady of the Court, Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke:
- It will be fine. I can not, and don't have strenght anymore. One should not hang on there.
Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister reveals that she has tried to quit several times recently, but the king has refused to accept:
- He has said no every time. Each time, he said: "You will Return! You will come back!". But now he bowed. Now he understands that I will not return. Remember, I'm an old person, but only because I stop it doesn't mean that I don't exist. The family can still call me and ask advice. They do that quite often.
What they ask when they call?
- What I would do in different situations. I have been involved in a number of years and have some experience.
Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister has one wish: To feel so well that she can go to Stockholm in April next year when the king turns 70.
- Yes, I want to be healthy then. Be on the king's birthday. I remember it like yesterday when he was born. I was 19 and studied in Copenhagen. All were waiting for the royal birth.
At that time, there was the male succession to the throne and the king's late mother Princess Sibylla had until now had four children - all daughters, Hagasessorna. Succession was rocking and everyone was waiting for a prince:
- There was even prayers that it might become a prince. I'll never forget when our headmaster of the school came in and told that there had become a prince to the world in Sweden. We were all so happy. Of course I want to be with on his 70th birthday. It will be a special day.
Överhovmästarinnan__Jag orkar inte längre_ _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation