The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-18-2011, 03:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
At this interview it is said that Madeleine doesn´t have any adjutants, because she just doesn´t want to have them. Queen Silvia has ladies in waiting instead of adjutants. Daniel doesn´t have adjutants of his own, but one of Victoria´s adjutants goes usually with him to his duties, I have often seen an adjutant with Daniel at the photos.
Madeleine kan klara sig själv - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Thanks LadyFinn

Old 06-20-2012, 04:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Margareta Nisser-Dalman has been appointed as the new Director of the Royal Collections, after the former director Carin Bergstöm retires.
Ny överintendent för Kungliga Husgerådskammaren utsedd - Sveriges Kungahus
Google translation

Old 09-25-2013, 06:48 AM
Nobility

Press Chief Bertil Ternert is to retire

http://Hovets informationschef sluta...cle17538961.ab

The Chief of the Press Departement Mr Bertil Ternert is to retire by the end of the year . The recruitment of a new Press Chief has already begun.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:54 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

He's the one who's rather "bad" at his press job isn't he?
Old 09-25-2013, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Hovets informationschef slutar | Inrikes | TT | Senaste nytt | Aftonbladet http://www.aftonbladet.se/senastenytt/ttnyheter/inrikes/article17538961.ab

The Chief of the Press Departement Mr Bertil Ternert is to retire by the end of the year . The recruitment of a new Press Chief has already begun.
Not a great loss. Hopefully his replacement will be more media savvy and professional.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

If the court manages to get a person who is worse than Ternert, it would be a one sort of record.
Expressen has interviewed some experts about who would be suitable for the job, and they have listed some.
Experter De kan ta över efter Ternert Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation
Old 09-25-2013, 08:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
He's the one who's rather "bad" at his press job isn't he?
The one before was no better, IIRC.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:19 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
http://Hovets informationschef sluta...cle17538961.ab

Good news! The media policy of the Swedish RF has been down in the pits for a long time (already under his predecessor Nina Eldh). Let's hope that they will hire somebody who can pronounce: 'no comment' and 'private' in one sentense instead of eternally babbling nonsense to the gossip press.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:55 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post

Good news! The media policy of the Swedish RF has been down in the pits for a long time (already under his predecessor Nina Eldh). Let's hope that they will hire somebody who can pronounce: 'no comment' and 'private' in one sentense instead of eternally babbling nonsense to the gossip press.
I agree

I think they should recruit from inside the palace this time. Morgan Gerle would be good. He was press secretary during many years when E T-W were press chief and is still at the royal court, knows and respects each member the royal family enough to not talk too much to the gossip media.

Anyway, the man or woman who will get the job must be better than what has been. Nina Eldh and Bertil Ternert showed us that it's not about your background because they had very good backgrounds as press chief at Sony Ericsson (Nina) , The Swedish military and Scandinavian Airlines (Bertil) . It's all about who you are and how you can act in stressful situations and in times of heavy pressure from the media and at the same time protect the privacy of the royal family. That's not an easy task but i think the best "training school" is to work at the royal court in other public positions before becoming press chief. I won't be surprised if a former press secretary, a court marshall, a lady in waiting or a Chamberlain will be announced as the new press chief.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:30 AM
Royal Highness

I do have to say that I'm glad Mr. Ternert is going to retire. The PR for the SRF has been at a low for a long while now. I do hope that the person they hire can execute the phrase "The family has no comment at this time." or can just not say anything at all. Depending on the money involved, I might would think about the position, of course I don't speak the language, so that might be a big problem!
Old 09-29-2013, 03:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

The former Marshal of the Court and the Director of the Press Department, Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, has given an interview to Nyheter24.
She says that when she was working at the court "they had their storms".
Crown princess Victoria has the queen's empathy and the king's responsiveness. She is a very warm and inquisitive person. One should remember that the king, Victoria and Carl Philip have dyslexia, they usually develop other talents than theoretical instead. Carl Philip has creative talent and Victoria is with Daniel very much involved with the reality. Madeleine is well educated.
Tarras-Wahlberg says that many young people say they do not care about the royal family. But when something big happens, as the tsunami or a wedding, they do care. They follow the events, by TV or read about it. During travels in Sweden, it was always many young people out there in places the royal couple visited.
She says that she probably would not take a bullet meant for the King, but she is happy to defend the royal family.
Tarras-Wahlberg says about the king now have to report more about the use of the apanage, that she thinks that the king shouldn't have to disclose if he buys low-fat milk or skimmed milk. There are many others who are paid by taxpayers who do not have to account for every penny. In Norway, the king simply gets a salary and he doesn't have to tell what he makes with the money, just as any other citizen anywhere.
Tarras-Wahlberg has her birthday also 15th September, the royal couple didn't congratulate her, but Victoria and Daniel sent their congratulations.
The royal family follows the media and read the press reviews about what is written about them. Tarras-Wahlberg hasn't been involved in recent years with writings about the Queen's father's involvement in the war, and the book by Thomas Sjöberg (The Reluctant Monarch). But she thinks that the media could have been more source critical, now all ran in the same direction. No one questioned these images which then turned out to be fake. Because she doesn't have all the facts, she is careful with her opinion about how the court has handled these situations.
Many think that the king doesn't do anything really, and sometimes it was difficult to tell out that he's working hard. Many people don't see a dinner as a job. But he doesn't sit and talk about weather and kids and diapers but represents Sweden. It's a job to represent Sweden in both word and deed. Just because it's empty in the official program doesn't mean that the King is not in the office. He prepares carefully, writes speeches, plans, receives briefings, receives visitors, reads on and reads newspapers.
About the king's favourite course Tarras-Wahlberg tells that the king said: "I say now that it's stuffed cabbage, then I get stuffed cabbage every day. If I say that it is hash so I will get it." But he is fond of Swedish homely fare because he gets it so rarely.
Tar inte ta en kula för kungen
Translation
Old 10-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Mistress of the Robes, Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister told to Svensk Damtidning, that queen Silvia has a new lady-in-waiting. She is 52 years old Eva Hafström, who has been living in Washington the last years as her husband Jonas was the ambassador of Sweden there. Now Jonas Hafström has retired and they moved to Sweden again. Eva Hafström has graduated from both the Swedish National Police Academy and from the communications line of Skurup Folk High School. She worked for The Swedish National Police Board when she was younger.
Eva Hafström started her work on 1st September and Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister tells that she is on trial period, even the court has that nowadays. The state visit of Portugal was the first big work event for the new lady-in-waiting. Eva Hafström works as a lady-in-waiting with Christina von Schwerin, who has worked in the court for 30 years.
Eva and Jonas Hafström with Madeleine and Chris.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7284/8...b27e307b_b.jpg
Old 10-10-2013, 05:44 PM
Nobility

So this is a silly question- but what do the ladies in waiting do??
Old 10-11-2013, 01:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
So this is a silly question- but what do the ladies in waiting do??
Not such a silly question, but I'll give a silly answer: a lady-in-waiting is like having a bridesmaid all the time and not just on your wedding day!
Old 10-11-2013, 02:26 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Not such a silly question, but I'll give a silly answer: a lady-in-waiting is like having a bridesmaid all the time and not just on your wedding day!

I have known several ladies who have "waited." They were lifelong friends of "their" particular Royal and did a tour of duty for limited periods, when the permanent lady in waiting was away.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Silvia doesn't have adjutants, so the lady-in-waiting follows her at her work events.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

The court hasn't appointed a new Director of the Information and press department after Bertil Ternert retired at the end of December. The former Deputy Director Annika Sönnerberg is named as fixed-term Director of the department, obviously it isn't easy to find a new director.
Pressrum - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Old 01-05-2014, 05:39 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
The court hasn't appointed a new Director of the Information and press department after Bertil Ternert retired at the end of December. The former Deputy Director Annika Sönnerberg is named as fixed-term Director of the department, obviously it isn't easy to find a new director.
Pressrum - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
I must admit i am not unhappy Ternert retired, it's time for somebody with different approach to take his place
Old 01-14-2014, 05:38 PM
Nobility

Now that she's spoken to the press a few times, what do you think of Annika Sönnerberg? I think she does a better job then Bertil Tennert so far, because she is more like "I talk a few nice words in your direction but not really telling you anything." I think this is a good example of what I mean:

Quote:
Svensk Damtidning writes that the king and the queen wanted that the baby would be born but Madeleine's strong will won and the baby will be born in USA.
Madeleine's and Chris O'Neill's daughter becomes a U.S. citizen.
- It has no constitutional significance where she gives birth, as the King and Queen have approved Madeleine's decision.
But there is a risk that the baby will "drop" her ticket to the succession order to the Swedish throne.
If Madeleine's daughter gets a Catholic upbringing, which is her father's family tradition, it could mean that she loses her place in the succession. According to the king's attorney, the following applies: If the child becomes only a U.S. citizen, or if it takes too long before the family moves home, Madeleine's daughter can lose her right to the crown.
- We give detailed information on this in connection with the birth. I do not have all the information now, says Annika Sönnerberg, the deputy director of the press department.
Estelles nya kusin blir amerikanska! Svensk Damtidning
Translation

It seems strange that the king's solicitor doesn't know that the child of a Swedish mother will always become a Swedish citizen.
Automatic citizenship through birth, adoption or parental marriage - Swedish Migration Board

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning writes that the king and queen can't make a decision about the new director for the Information and press department. Various names have been mentioned, but the recruitment goes slowly. SD says that there are news that the younger generation has various views about who should handle their PR and communication. Madeleine uses her Facebook to telling news. Carl Philip has nowadays Christina Saliba as is PR-woman, she has trained Carl Philip's public performance skills. And Victoria and Daniel did a conscious choice when they appointed Karolin A. Johansson as the head of Victoria's household and as Marshal of the Court. She was earlier the press secretary of a minister, has a modern relationship with the media and is close to the age of the crown princess couple. The deputy director of the press department, Annika Sönnerberg says that the recruitment takes time and the process is going on but there is no reason to delay it.

Expressen reveals that the court has asked both the ceo of SVT Eva Hamilton and the informationchef Kristina Stenvinkel from H&M as the new director for the press department, but both have said no.
- I love my job at H&M and have no plans to change jobs, says Kristina Stenvinkel.
Eva Hamilton has refused to comment a job offer from the court.
Kvinnorna som nobbar kungen Nyheter Expressen