The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda View Post

I know I posted this video before but does anyone recognise some of the staff here? I think some of them took part in the wedding (e.g. the guy on the horse around 1:15 and the people at the meeting around 3 minutes in).
There are at least these:
The mistress of the robes, countess Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister, 84 years old.
Hovets grand old lady | Bakom Kulisserna
The former Marshal of the Realm, Ingemar Eliasson. He worked as a Marshal from 2003 until the end of 2009.
Royal Court
The Director of the Information and Press Department, Nina Eldh
Aftonbladet
The First Marshal of the Court, Lars Hjalmar Wide
SvenskDam
The head of HM The King's Military Staff, Major General Håkan Pettersson, who was also the official wedding coordinator of the wedding of Victoria and Daniel
Stabschef Håkan Pettersson utsedd till bröllopssamordnare - Sveriges Kungahus

Old 09-09-2010, 05:57 AM
Nobility

Nina Eldh will be leaving teh royal court soon: Nina Eldh slutar som hovets informationschef - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen - Nyheter Sport Ekonomi Nöje

She has choosen to to renew it after it ends on 31 december. She feels great sadness. The king wanted her to continue, but she felt 5 years was enought and she was part of history during the wedding.

Tarras-Wahlberg planerar inte återgå som hovets informationschef - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen - Nyheter Sport Ekonomi Nöje

Tarras Whalberg say she will not make a comeback, she is fine were she currently is

Old 09-09-2010, 06:51 AM
Majesty

i do hope the next one will be better and make some changes

Boris i think you like this a lot who would you like to see on the job
Old 09-13-2010, 01:16 PM
Courtier

I can´t say that i´m very sad to hear these news

One person that i would want to succeed Nina Eldh is Lottie Knutsson - the head of information of Fritidsresor (a travel company) wich got the love and respect from all of Sweden during the Tsunami
Old 09-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Information from the court about the changes within the Office of Ceremonies:
Changes within the Office of Ceremonies - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 10-04-2010, 03:08 AM
Serene Highness

Article on how the King runs his court from last year. Based on interviews with some members of staff.
Han styr hovet med järnhand | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
Old 11-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Serene Highness

Interview with Jörgen Lindström, who became head of Crown Princess Victoria's household the beginning of last year.
Metro - Marskalken kommer inte att säga "Vickan"
Old 11-16-2010, 08:18 AM
Serene Highness

Kärlek vid första ögonkastet
Marshal of the Realm Svante Lindquist will be giving a lecture this Saturday. Has anyone been to these lectures?
Old 11-26-2010, 08:41 AM
Serene Highness

The new Director of Communications
Bertil Ternert ny informationschef vid Hovet - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Old 11-30-2010, 10:47 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Thanks Esmeralda; here an article from Svensk Damtiding about the same thing, but translated into english:

Google Translate

Bertil Ternert will take over the job from the much critisized (on the internet forums anyway) Nina Eldh. He used to work for SAS.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Master of Ceremonies (and the instructor of prince Daniel) Jan Warren tells in SvenskDam that in a normal month without special birthdays, dinners, weddings etc. his work takes three days a month. The work as an instructor to a very ambitious prince Daniel takes also some days. He tells that working with prince Daniel is exciting, privileged, fantastic and really pleasant. Jan Warren is 66 years old and he could have retired already. But since his working load is very variable and he can spend a lot of the month with his wife at their home in Öland, he hasn´t been thinking of retiring. The Warrens have an apartment in Stockholm also. Warren tells that he started working for the court 25 years ago as an adjutant. Last year he was appointed as the Master of Ceremonies. To the question which has been the hardest task during the years, he answers: To learn to find everything in the castle, it has taken 25 years!
Old 09-21-2011, 01:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

The adjutants of the king and the adjutants of Victoria (and Daniel). Eight of the twelve adjutants of Victoria are women.
Passar upp för 60 000 i månaden | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
Old 10-16-2011, 04:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Bertil Ternert about his role as the informationchef of the court, the publicity and how the media is treating the royal family:
»Allt kan hända i den här rollen« – Chef
Google Translation
Old 10-16-2011, 05:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The adjutants of the king and the adjutants of Victoria (and Daniel). Eight of the twelve adjutants of Victoria are women.
Passar upp för 60 000 i månaden | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
Twelve adjutants for Victoria!
I almost fell on my back, when I read that.
Then I started to read what they are actually doing and it makes more sense.
I see that Swedish adjutants have a much wider range of responsibillities than in say Denmark, where QMII has a staff of four or five adjutants and sometimes the other members of the DRF borrow and adjutant.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Victoria doesn't have lady-in-waiting, right?
She would hardly need one with an adjutant around.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Twelve adjutants for Victoria!
I almost fell on my back, when I read that.
Then I started to read what they are actually doing and it makes more sense.
I see that Swedish adjutants have a much wider range of responsibillities than in say Denmark, where QMII has a staff of four or five adjutants and sometimes the other members of the DRF borrow and adjutant.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Victoria doesn't have lady-in-waiting, right?
She would hardly need one with an adjutant around.
Actually, of those twelve adjutants two are Carl Philip´s, Victoria has ten adjutants.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Actually, of those twelve adjutants two are Carl Philip´s, Victoria has ten adjutants.
Thanks, LadyFinn,

So the three siblings have a staff of adjutants of their own, with CP Victoria, unsurprisingly, as the head?
Presumably then the King has a staff of adjutants of his own, of which Queen Silvia has been allocated some?

It interest me, because the Swedish system is a development of the typical role of royal adjutants beforehand, - for males that is.
For how long do the adjutants serve?

Do Queen Silvia and Victoria have a kind of personal assistant, which can be compared to a lady-in-waiting?
I mean you can hardly expect anyone to build up a relationship, that is very much built on confidence, with twelve persons, who on top of that rotate.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen has no own adjutants.
About Her Majesty The Queen´s Household
H.M. The Queen's Household - Sveriges Kungahus

The Crown Princess's household is headed by the Marshal of the Court, Jörgen Lindström. The Crown Princess has a secretary. Before the wedding it was announced that Victoria had got a lady-in-waiting, but I don´t know if she still has one.
H.R.H. The Crown Princess's Household - Sveriges Kungahus

Marshal of the Court Elisabeth Palmstierna heads Princess Lillian's household.
H.R.H. The Duchess of Halland's Household - Sveriges Kungahus

The Organisation Plan of the court
Organisation Plan - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Old 10-16-2011, 07:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks LadyFinn

It appears then that Queen Silvia has LiW's who perform a number of the roles CP Victoria's adjutants has performed, at least so far.

The First Lady of the Court, i.e. the one who is in charge of Queen Silvia's part of the court, is she a former LiW, who has been promoted or is she a professional administrator?

Do you mean that Queen is not accompanied by an adjutant, when on the job alone? Or that she just doesn't have personal adjutants? - I.e. she's lending one from the King.

Yeah, yeah, I know, I ask a lot of questions, but it intriques me.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:10 AM

Royal courts

Sorry to interrupt your discussions!
Although I am a member of royal family, but only as a lawyer, I know that the rules and even th
e definitions of the court for royal family is not the same as normal courts. It is mostly, in many cases even the rules enforced for the people, are just an optional rule for the royal family. I like it to remain the same and I support this. Although my royal family is not ruling in my country anymore and the people changed it to Republic about 30 years ago.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

Do you mean that Queen is not accompanied by an adjutant, when on the job alone? Or that she just doesn't have personal adjutants? - I.e. she's lending one from the King.

Yeah, yeah, I know, I ask a lot of questions, but it intriques me.
At this interview it is said that Madeleine doesn´t have any adjutants, because she just doesn´t want to have them. Queen Silvia has ladies in waiting instead of adjutants. Daniel doesn´t have adjutants of his own, but one of Victoria´s adjutants goes usually with him to his duties, I have often seen an adjutant with Daniel at the photos.
Madeleine kan klara sig själv - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen