The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-21-2019, 07:21 AM
Courtier

New Heads of H.M. The King's and The Crown Princess' Households.

From August 26th, Göran Lithell is new chief and Head of H.M. The King's Household/Court. Göran Lithell is currently serving as Deputy at the Swedish Embassy in Washington D.C. He has previously worked at the Embassies in Copenhagen and Tallinn.

Göran Lithell will be responsible for the schedule and events of The King's, The King and Queen's joint program, as well as the Prince Couple's engagements.

From August 19th, Lena Bartholdson is new Head of The Crown Princess's Household/Court. Lena Bartholdson comes from a position at the Ministry for Defense, and previously at The Swedish Defense Research Agency. Lena Bartholdson is a member of The Royal Swedish Academy of War Sciences.

Lena Bartholdson will be responsible for planning the joint and individual engagements of The Crown Princess and Prince Daniel.

https://www.kungahuset.se/press/pres...7fde272fd.html

Old 08-21-2019, 03:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Lars-Erik Tindre (43) has been the Head of The King's Household since January 2015, before that he was the under-secretary at the Government Offices/Ministry for Foreign Affairs and also worked at the swedish embassies in Hungary and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
It will be interesting to see what is Lars-Erik Tindre's new job.

Svensk Damtidning writes that it was surprising, that no one expected that the King would change the Head of his Household now at the same time with Victoria.
Kungen överraskar – Göran Lithell blir hovmarskalk _ Svensk Damtidning

Old 09-04-2019, 11:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

The king's new Marshal of the Court Göran Lithell tells about the first week at the Palace - and about the challenge of finding a workplace with a total of 1,430 rooms ...
Congratulations on your new job! How has the first week been?
- Thanks. Of course, it is very much new to introduce myself to this in the beginning. Thanks to my knowledgeable, generous and pleasant staff, it has been a very good first week.
Have you learned how to find everything at the Royal Palace yet? Read that there are 1,430 rooms!
- At least I've learned how to find my office.
What are you most looking forward to as Head of H.M. The King's Household? And what is most different from your previous job at the Swedish Embassy in Washington?
- First, I would like to express my great joy in getting the honorable assignment to work for the Head of State and his family. The assignment is very different from my previous work as a second man at the Embassy in Washington, but something that is in the focus of both assignments ito highlight modern and innovative Sweden based on Swedish traditions.
What has your contact with the royal family been like before?
- My first contact with the royal family was when I did my military service as a military police officer at K1 in Stockholm and was part of the Mounted Royal Guards. After that, I have had the privilege of being with at different occasions and receiving different parts of the royal family during my foreign postings for Foreign Affairs in Russia, Estonia, Denmark and now most recently in the USA.
Finally 3 short questions! Which book did you read most recently?
- I often read several books in parallel. The most recent was the anniversary book: Ätten Bernadotte 200 years on Sweden's throne 1818-2018.
What are you listening to, on the way to work?
- Then I listen to P1 Morning.
And what you don't miss seeing on TV?
- The family moved home from the US just a few weeks ago, so I'm still establishing new-old habits. Something I do not miss, however, is the news program.
In private Göran Lithell is married to Karin, who is a civil and environmental economist and has worked at Sida, among others, but who is an artist. They have twins Svante and Harald, 11, and daughter Astrid, 16 together.
Kungens nya hovmarskalk om första veckan på jobbet _ Svensk Dam

Svensk Damtidning has a little mistake at their article. Both Göran Lithell and Lena Bartholdson, the new Head of Victoria's Household, aren't now called The Marshal of the Court (hovmarskalk). They are called hovintendent, during their probationary period, I think. Because Karolin A. Johansson was also first called as hovintendent, and soon after hovmarskalk.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning's article about the staff of the court

The Marshal of the Realm
The Marshal of the Realm is a state title in Sweden. The Marshal of the Realm is a kind of head of the royal court and thus stands in rank and position closest to the Head of State. He is responsible for the cooperation with the parliament and government and has an office to help. The current Marshal of the Realm is Fredrik Wersäll. In 2016, Fredrik Wersäll was appointed as Lord-in-Waiting at the Royal Court. On September 1, 2018, he succeeded Svante Lindqvist as The Marshal of the Court. Wersäll is the 47th Marshal of the Court since the office was established in 1607 and the current king's eighth Marshal of the Court.

The Mistress of the Robes Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke
Baroness Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke was the First Lady of the Court when she succeeded Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister as The Mistress of the Robes on 1 January 2016.
As the Mistress of the Robes Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke has an advisory function, participates in incoming state visits and other ceremonies and continues to support Princess Sofia in her education.

The First Marshal of the Court Mats Nilsson
The king appointed Mats Nilsson as the new First Marshal of the Court on 1 January 2012. The First Marshal of the Court is leading the work of planning the royal family's official program and representation. The Marshal's Office is responsible for planning and conducting official visits, solemn audiences, official dinners, anniversaries, municipal visits and more.

The First Lady of the Court Anna Hamilton
Countess Anna Hamilton has since 1 January 2016 been Sweden's First Lady of the Court and Head of Queen Silvia's Household.

HM King's Chief State is led by Chief Superintendent Göran Lithell
H.M. The King's Household is lead by Surveyor to the Royal Household Göran Lithell
Göran Lithell is newly recruited at the Royal Court. He is a political scientist and most recently comes from the position of Deputy Head of Government body at the Embassy in Washington DC. Prior to that he has served at the Embassies in Copenhagen and Tallinn, and at the Consulate General in St. Petersburg. In August 2019, Göran Lithell succeeds former Marshal of the Court Lars-Erik Tindre. Göran Lithell is responsible for the planning and implementation of the joint program of the King and the royal couple. He is also responsible for Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia's mission.

HRH The Crown Princess's Household is led by Surveyor to the Royal Household Lena Bartholdson
Lena Bartholdson, who in August 2019 succeeded The Marshal of the Court Karolin A. Johansson, is responsible for the planning and implementation of The Crown Princess and Prince Daniel's individual and joint programs. Lena Bartholdson is a political scientist and most recently comes from a position as head of the secretariat for security policy, international relations and analysis in the Ministry of Defense. Prior to that, she served as Head of the Security Policy Unit at the Total Defense Research Institute (FOI) and served at the Embassy in Pretoria. Bartholdson has also worked for a long time within the Folk och Försvar organization, including the last five years as its secretary general. She is a member of The Royal Swedish Academy of War Sciences.

The Ceremonial Household is led by The Master of Ceremonies Odd Zschiedrich.
Who works with table seating at official dinners? It is done by The Ceremonial Household, led by Odd Zschiedrich.
Zschiedrich is an educated middle school teacher and subject teacher. He has worked in several different primary and secondary schools and was head of school in the municipality of Torsås from 1988 to 1990. He was the Castle Manager at Kalmar Castle, Chancellor of the Swedish Academy, as well as administrative director for the Nobel Library, and chamberlain at the Ceremonian Household in 2009–2015: then Master of Ceremonies. He is a member of the Småland Academy on chair 13.

The Household is headed by Surveyor to the Royal Household Åke Hovgard.

Ladies-in-waiting
The ladies-in-waiting help the Queen. The Queens have at all times had ladies-in-waitings, but today's modern lady-in-waiting differs very much from the ancient lady-in-waiting at the court.
Lady-in-waiting baroness Christina von Schwerin
Lady-in-waiting Harriet Bredelius

The Master of the Palace & Court Florist Claes Carlsson

The Royal Collections is headed by the Director of the Royal Collections, Margareta Nisser-Dalman.
Margareta Nisser-Dalman holds an economics degree and a PhD in art science at Uppsala University in 2006 with a dissertation on interior painting by Johan Nils Asplind at mansions in Dalarna and Gästrikland in the late 1700s and early 1800s. She has since 2012 been the Director of the Royal Collections with the Bernadotte Library. Margareta is married to the bishop and Chief Court Chaplain Johan Dalman.

Director Jan Lindman
As Treasurer at the Royal House, Jan Lindman has learned to deal with the unexpected and odd. Among other things, he will ensure that the state's allocation is sufficient for more and increase transparency about the economy of the court.

The Royal Housekeeper (Åldfrun)
Since Ebba von Mecklenburg retired, Claes Carlsson has taken over parts of her responsibilities. Other parts are the responsibility of Liisa Hartikainen.
Här är vi som arbetar vid hovet! _ Svensk Dam
Old 09-30-2019, 02:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Interview of Fredrik Wersäll, the Marshal of the Realm, at Chefstidningen magazine, published in September.
https://chefstidningen.se/sites/defa...906_omslag.jpg
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 10-04-2019, 03:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Margareta Thorgren, the director of the press department, at Ruter Dam event yesterday at Berns Salonger. Ruter Dam's target is more high-level female managers in large companies.
Old 10-29-2019, 12:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Director of the Information and Press Department, Margareta Thorgen, was today as a guest at Malou von Sivers' talkshow Malou efter tio at TV4. Thorgen was at the program with her son Sven. Sven is a snowboarder who competes in slopestyle.
In the program, Margareta Thorgren talked about her role. Among other things, she will provide media with information and, together with her team, show the king's work with and for the royal family.
- If everything goes well, the Director of the Information and Press Department should not be seen. It is the office of the royal family and the head of state to do so. It is important to understand the Swedish form of government and why we have a monarchy, she says in the program.
Thorgren's predecessor was on the post for four years - and Malou von Sivers asked as the closing question how long she plans to remain as the Director of the Information and Press Department. Margareta Thorgren's message to the king was clear:
- A lot is happening right now and there are many fun things going on. I'll probably stay for a few more years. If I get the trust, she said and smiled.
Beskedet till kungen_ Så länge stannar jag _ Svensk Dam