The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-06-2018, 11:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Here is Ulf Gunnehed, the Crown Equerry and Head of the Royal Stables. 61-year old Gunnehed has ben the Crown Equerry since 1st September 2015. He has previously also been aide-de-camp of king Carl Gustaf.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BnYQ0K4F...ken-at=2912343

Old 10-12-2018, 02:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Master of the Palace Claes Carlsson and Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnqvist at the VIP-event of the Reopening of the National Museum on Thursday 11th October.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Old 12-28-2018, 03:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Videos at the Youtube channel of the Royal Palaces

Taffeltäckare Eva Olsson shows napkin folding "Skölden"

Taffeltäckare Pär Hernell shows napkin folding "Hovsnibben"

First fatbursjungfru Louise Nordin shows how to take care for old linen. In this case, napkins from the Unionslinnet, a collection of tablecloths and napkins made in 1891, are taken care of after the King's dinner for the Nobel laureates.
Old 12-30-2018, 03:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

The court has finally updated the Marshal of the Realm Fredrik Wersäll's photo to the website. He started at his job on 1st September.
Riksmarskalksämbetet - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 01-07-2019, 02:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning's article about the staff of the royal court. The article tells among other things that Victoria's audience room is beside the office of Mats Nilsson, the First Marshal of the Court.
Old 01-18-2019, 01:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

In Svensk Damtidning's last weeks issue was an article about chambermaid Ann Schierenbeck, 75 years, who has worked 22 years at the court and has taken care of queen Silvia's and Madeleine's outfits and nowadays helps Madeleine as a chambermaid. Ann has qualified as a fashion designer in Paris and both draws and sews couture. Ann says that chambermaid is the old and beautiful term for a stylist and includes buying clothes, taking care of them, giving suggestions. Ann has also previously helped Victoria, and designed some dresses to her. Ann has sewn the green dress princess Leonore had at prince Alexander's christening. At the article it is also told that Linda Nurk designed the dress Madeleine wore at Victoria's wedding. Ann has also previously had her own furnishing company and has helped the members of the roya family in interior design.

The staff of the court was well represented at the Elle Gala this evening:
Director of the press department, Margareta Thorgren
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1100010050...47878682233001

Marshal of the court/The Head of HRH The Crown Princess's Household, Karolin A Johansson (left) and information officer Ulrika Näsholm
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010030021B154783899759195

Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnqvist (left)
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1100010050...47878682233001
https://cawamedia.files.wordpress.co...0.jpg?w=700&h=
Old 01-20-2019, 05:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
In Svensk Damtidning's last weeks issue was an article about chambermaid Ann Schierenbeck, 75 years, who has worked 22 years at the court and has taken care of queen Silvia's and Madeleine's outfits and nowadays helps Madeleine as a chambermaid. Ann has qualified as a fashion designer in Paris and both draws and sews couture. Ann says that chambermaid is the old and beautiful term for a stylist and includes buying clothes, taking care of them, giving suggestions. Ann has also previously helped Victoria, and designed some dresses to her. Ann has sewn the green dress princess Leonore had at prince Alexander's christening. At the article it is also told that Linda Nurk designed the dress Madeleine wore at Victoria's wedding. Ann has also previously had her own furnishing company and has helped the members of the royal family in interior design.
I know that Ann Schierenbeck has been involved in Princess Madeleine's wardrobe for many years, and played a role in her wedding outfits in particular. The green dress/suit Princess Madeleine wore to the bans, Ann ordered the fabric (the fabric house confirmed) and Pär Engsheden crafted the piece. Other brands have shared that Ann is the one that they do contact in relation to the Princess.
Old 01-31-2019, 02:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

The former Marshal of the Realm Svante Lindqvist has since 1st September 2018 been the Master of the Royal Orders (ordenskansler av Kungl. Maj:ts Orden). But as a result of Svante Lindqvist's assignment as a guest professor in Japan during the first half of 2019, former Master of the Royal Orders Ingemar Eliasson will be service-executing Master during Svante Lindqvist's absence.
Personalförändringar vid Kungl. Maj_ts Orden - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 02-24-2019, 02:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Members of the press department of the court:
information officer Ulrika Näsholm, director of the press department Margareta Thorgren, information officer Johan Tegel and press assistant Emelie Öberg attended at the launch of Gala Magazine (Aftonbladet's weekend magazine) on 21st February.
https://cawamedia.files.wordpress.co...dsc_0097-2.jpg

The event was held at the Stone Gallery at the Royal Armoury at the Royal Palace, and at the walls were big photos of the royals.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Mats Nilsson, the First Marshal of the Court, had a meeting yesterday

Today I had an emotional and important meeting with the King's first court marshal, Mats Nilsson. Thanks for the invitation and because I got to tell my story and how I have tried to turn everything that is broken into something good for others. I am grateful because I did not succeed seven years ago. Life became very good in the end.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BuTr9fUhrzJ/
Old 03-19-2019, 12:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen's article about the two men working very closely with the king:
Fredrik Wersäll, the Marshal of the Realm and Jan Salestrand, Chief of H.M. The King's Military Staff.

During the last six months, the king has received two new employees:
The Marshal of the Realm Fredrik Wersäll and the Chief of Staff Jan Salestrand - who both work very closely with the King.
- It is very exciting, says Jan Salestrand.
Fredrik Wersäll, 67, former court president of the Svea Court of Appeal, has taken over the role of the Marshal of the Realm.
He thus became the king's closest man, leads the Office of the Marshal of the Realm and keeps contact with, for example, the Riksdag and the government.
Fredrik Wersäll took over his role on 1st September - but already in the spring he assisted the court with advice on the Swedish Academy, which was in the middle of its worst crisis.
- The king has contributed quite well to creating peace in this organization, he says on a press lunch at the Palace.
Wersäll has a long career as a top lawyer behind him, and he says that he would like to contribute to the court becoming more open and transparent. Wersäll also says that there are certain structures within the court that he perceives as old-fashioned - and which he wants to review.
He accepted King Carl Gustaf's offer of this job with pleasure.
And now he is working at the office where the Marshal of the Realm has always worked.
- I sit in the same room that Axel von Fersen did. Hope it goes better for me, he says.
Fredrik Wersäll thinks that the most important task for the king is to be a gathering force for the people.
- The king has been monarch for over 40 years. He has tremendous experience, a tremendous drive and a great interest in society.
The king has also a new Chief of Staff and first adjutant - Jan Salestrand, 64, who supports the king and manages the contact between the Armed Forces and the court.
In August, Jan Salestrand left his job as State Secretary at the Ministry of Defense.
- It is very exciting after so many years within an authority to get this offer from the king, to see this side of the form of government.
For example, he works to recruit and educate adjutants to Crown Princess Victoria - and is in the middle of such a process now.
The King and Crown Princess have twelve each, serving one month a year as an adjutant.
Fredrik Wersäll says that Crown Princess Victoria has been in Queen School since she was born - and that it is the same for Princess Estelle, who will one day become the Head of State.
- I notice that the king has always very purposefully prepared Victoria for her future role, says Fredrik Wersäll.
Här är kungens nya närmsta män _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Old 04-03-2019, 11:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

The First Lady of the Court, countess Anna Hamilton attended at Min Stora Dags (My Big Day) Min Stora Middag (My Big Dinner) at Gamla Riksarkivet yesterday.
Old 04-25-2019, 12:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Companies that are appointed by the Royal Court to supply goods or services to a member of the Royal Family are Purveyors to the Court.
Purveyors to the Court are appointed by His Majesty The King.
In order to qualify as Purveyor to the Court a company must have delivered goods or services to the Royal Court for at least five years. Furthermore, the companies finances must be conducted without fault.
A number of companies in the same field can be named Purveyor to the Court.
Purveyor to the Court - Sveriges Kungahus

The list of the Purveyors to the Court
KHF_Matrikel_2019
Old 05-04-2019, 03:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

On 15th May at the Royal Palace

A mission in time
The Marshal of the Realm is accountable to the King for the activities of the entire Royal Court organization. This evening we will hear him tell us about the assignment to lead the organization "For Sweden - With the times".
- The royal Palaces are to a large extent living environments that are made available in our public program range. As a new Marshal of the Realm, I also have the opportunity to be part of this program, as I invite to a talk about "The Marshal of the Realm's mission in today's Sweden".
Fredrik Wersäll has been the Marshal of the Realm since September 2018. During the evening's lecture, we will learn more about what tasks he has in today's Sweden, who is responsible for the activities at the Royal Court, in the contacts with the Riksdag and the government, during state visits and the work with the academies. We get to know more about how the role of the Marshal of the Realm has changed during the more than 400 years that the service has existed in Sweden. Fredrik Wersäll also tells us why just he became Sweden's 47th Marshal of the Realm.
Föredrag Riksmarskalken - Kungliga slotten
Old 05-30-2019, 02:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Mistress of the Robes, baroness Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke and her husband baron Hans von Blixen-Finecke attended yesterday at the launch of Leif GW Persson's new rosé wine "GW:s Rosa" at Glashuset.
https://cawamedia.files.wordpress.co...4-4.jpg?w=1200
Old 06-02-2019, 02:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Speaker of the Riksdag Andreas Norlén hosted a Spring Dinner at Riksdagshuset on 9th May.
From the court attended The Marshal of the Realm Fredrik Wersäll (on the right), the Director of the Press Department Margareta Thorgren and The First Marshal of the Court Mats Nilsson.

And here is Speaker Andreas Norlén with his wife Helena.
Old 06-08-2019, 04:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Riddarhuset (The House of Nobility) tells at the first issue of their magazine Arte et Marte:

Portraits in Adelskalendern (The Swedish Peerage Book)
Nowadays, the editorial committee for Adelskalendern makes suggestions on who should adorn the calendar with their portrait.
Twelve prominent Swedes (six men and six women) are then selected by the Directory of The House of Nobility with regard to professional activity, age, effort for The House of Nobility and partial dissemination in the calendar.

The First Lady of the Court, countess Anna Hamilton, born as baroness Rudbeck in 1966 is one of the 12 people portrayed at this years Adelskalendern.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

At Youtube of The Royal Palaces

Claes Carlsson, the Master of the Palace and Court Florist, shows how to make a floral wreath
Old 07-06-2019, 06:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Lassi Koivunen, who has been working for 20 years in the Swedish court, has seen royal life from wedding to funeral - now he reveals how he saved Princess Lilian from trouble

Lassi Koivunen, 56, worked for the Swedish court for 20 years. During that time, he encountered many exciting situations and dealt with thousands of immeasurably valuable furniture.
It is early 90's when Lassi Koivunen, in his twenties, gets a special call. He has just started as a Conservator for furniture at the swedish royal court.
- It's a bad situation now. Princess Lilian's tiara has been left inside a bureau. Can you help? The caller is Lilian's court assistant.
Koivunen gets up in his car. After a few hours, the Nobel Prizes will be delivered, so the tiara must get out before that.
Koivunen has with him a box with keys topsy-turvy. How to find the right key from hundreds?
- I always remember how I drove very tense with the key box.
Koivunen rises upstairs hoping that the bureau is from period that opening would be easy for him.
- When I saw the bureau, I sighed for relief. I knew I'd get it open because it was late-gustavian.
- The locks from that era are of a certain type and pretty easy to open. I took one key among hundreds of keys. And the bureau was opened with the first try.
Lilian wore the tiara at the Nobel Prize ceremony.
- Shortly after the event, I acquired an appropriate storage box for the keys, Koivunen says.
At Koivunen's 20 years at the court, many of the cases described above happened.
- There's a lot of ordinary things going on at the Court. Similar to other families.
On the other hand, Koivunen's stories emphasize how accurate they are in the court. Traditions are important and furniture is an integral part of the ceremony of the court.
When Princess Estelle was born in 2012, a year before Koivunen left his job at the court, he was again in a special position.
The Supreme Person of the Court, the Marshal of the Realm, must prove the offspring to be royal and stamp the seal to prove this. However, the royal stamp lacked a handle. So Koivunen was again alerted to help.
- I designed and lathed a part of hazel on it.
Before each state visit, Koivunen toured the Royal Palace, checking that all the furniture was in order to accommodate the guests.
Particularly well, Koivunen remembers the situation when French President Jacques Chirac was coming to visit.
- He was a very tall man. Before he visited, we had to extend one bed.
The 18th century bed was made with new side parts to make the bed long enough. Now, the parts are safe if you need them sometimes again.
- Every state visit therefore requires a big organization. There were so many special wishes. We took into account the religion of our guests, and sometimes we decorated a prayer room for them.
Koivunen never dreamed of a career at the court, because a job was waiting him in his home town, Turku. He applied for furniture conservator training first in Finland then in the UK. However, the doors closed for the young man. That's how he ended up studying in Stockholm.
At the end of the school, at the court was a deputyship of a conservator. Koivunen got the job.
- I specialized at the school at veneered furniture from 18th century in Sweden. I believe that is one reason I got the job. Indeed, at the Royal Palace are a lot of furniture of this era.
The job at the Turku Provincial Museum got to wait.
- You could not refuse this opportunity.
His first work day started at 8am and after an hour Koivunen was working with the late baroque armchairs of the early 18th century.
These chairs can still be seen on the Princess Sibylla's floor this day.
- On the first day, the director of the Court's movable property said to me that you Finns have always belonged to the Swedish court. Now I think that there can't be a better welcome.
During his 20-year career, Koivunen handled thousands of furniture and objects. He estimates that the value of some of the furniture he has been dealing with has risen in millions.
However, even more valuable are the experience and moments. Now Koivunen lives with his family in Naantali, but he remembers warmly his time at the court.
- I especially remember the moments when the court was preparing for a party. Even though there are people from various areas in the court, those festivities always made us one big family.
20 vuotta Ruotsin hovissa työskennellyt Lassi Koivunen on nähnyt kuninkaallista elämää aina häistä hautajaisiin – nyt hän paljastaa, kuinka pelasti prinsessa Lilianin pulasta - MTVuutiset.fi
Old 07-28-2019, 12:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

A Royal Stables' driver
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByYHQssAvxZ/