The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-16-2016, 01:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg's (the former director of the press department and the former Marshal of the Cour), program as a "Summer host" (Sommarvärd) of Radio Sweden was broadcasted on 14th July, Victoria's birthday.
Elisabeth spoke about her life, childhood, studies, children. Her grandfather belonged to a Baltic baronial lineage and grandmother came from Turku, Finland. She told what the language has meant to her through her life, that she has spent half of her life in the royal family's service, her leaving the royal family and working for international relations advisor to Emir Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani of Qatar. And how she found love again a couple of years ago.
Elisabeth speaks about how she became a mentor for Victoria and the head of her household and how they worked very closely together and talked almost everything.
Victoria's first public speech on her 18th birthday made a big impression to many who heard it, also to Elisabeth. The same way this year when Victoria spoke at King's 70th birthday, Elisabeth got a tear in her eyes. She says that during the years together she and Victoria got trustful relationship and close friendship, which she cherishes tenderly. She speaks about Victoria with love, appreciation and respect.
She congratulates Victoria on her birthday with Stevie Wonder's Happy Birthday at the program.
The program can be listened here (in swedish, 57 minutes without music, 90 minutes with music).
Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg 14 juli kl 13_00 - Sommar & Vinter i P1 _ Sveriges Radio

Old 10-04-2016, 12:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Säkerhetspolisen (SÄPO, The Swedish Security Service) seeks new bodyguards during 2016 and 2017. They have published videos in Vimeo.
How is it to work with to protect the people in the government and the royal family? Meet Erika, who has protected the royal family for six years (the royal family is shown also at the video).
"For us it is work, for them it is their every day life. I think it is important to keep up the professional way of working. The communication between me and the person I protect is very important. The person trusts on us, they feel secure with us, they must be able to live a normal life, although we are with them, even when they are private. It is important that they feel that everything stays with us, we don't speak about the people we protect with our relatives and friends. To work with the royal family is very exhilarating. We travel a lot, meet a lot of people, I see a lot. The people we protect have a big pressure from the media, they are seen much at official context. It requires a lot from me as a person. I have to be able to cooperate both internationally and nationally to do a good job. The best at my job as a bodyguard is that I can be physical, I have to keep myself in good shape. And if a person likes to drive a car and be tactical, one has to look for a job with us".

Meet Sara, who has protected the royal family for eight years (Sara is often seen at Victoria's and Daniel's events).
"I went to police school in 1981 and have for the most of my career worked as a police in uniform. Then a colleague asked from me, if I would look for a job as a bodyguard. He thought that I would fit to be a bodyguard. I thought I was way too old. But I found out there was no age limit and attended a recruitment meeting and decided that I would look for a job as a bodyguard."
Sara tells about their training and education, which is shown at the video.
"I think that one should look for a job as a bodyguard because it is an exciting job, it is a challenge. One feels that there is a big responsibility, it is very good".

Old 11-03-2016, 12:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Bo Broman is the textile conservator at the Royal Palace and responsible for all the textiles that are in the collections taken care of. An exhibition of the Royal wedding dresses requires a large preparatory work. For the exhibition Bo Broman has prepared everything so that all the dresses and veils can be presented.
Here's some of what he said:
- What has been fun for me is from so close to see the incredible craftsmanship of these dresses. Tailoring is a craft form having an unbroken line back as far we can count. Sometimes when I work with older textiles I see craft forms that are completely extinct today, we do not have the knowledge to manufacture some textile items anymore.
- Most of the dresses are available here at the Royal Palace and stored in a dark, laid out on the pull-out shelves and stuffed with silk paper to prevent wrinkling.
Queen Sofia's bridal veil from the mid-1800s is also in the exhibition. What are the requirements to be able to exhibit such an old and fragile textiles?
- It is the oldest and most fragile of the textiles included in this exhibition. It is located in a specially designed stand where the light is a little weaker than other places in the exhibition. The veil is not hanging but lies on an inclined plane. We can see how over the years it has been reinforced precisely because it is so fragile but it is great fun to be able to show that everyone can see the craft in it.
Is there anything that has surprised you in your work?
- What I have been most surprised that the dresses are in such a good condition. They are all so clean - white dresses which nevertheless have been through wedding, cortege outdoors, photo shoots, and long dinners.
https://www.facebook.com/Kungahuset/...type=3&theater

The court has a new information officer, Irene Beertema Strömmer.
Media - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 11-13-2016, 02:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning has an article of Anna Hamilton, First Lady of the Court and the head of H.M. The Queen's Household, who is The Queen's closest member of staff.
She is a mother of two, a countess, and one of the few people who has the number of queen Silvia's mobile phone. Anna Gabriella Catharina Hamilton, 50, is married with count Peter Hamilton and has daughters Louise and Gabriella. Svensk Damtidning met Anna Hamilton when she was at the state visit to Germany with the king and queen.
Anna Hamilton said: The Palace is a fantastic place to work! Most fun is to see the incredible work the royal family does. And be able to be a part of that work, it is fantastic. Then you meet very exciting people and attend at interesting meetings. My role is to see that the queen's program goes along well.
Anna Hamilton worked as the Head of PR and Communication at Stockholms Auktionsverk but when the court took contact about the job has the First Lady of the Court, the choice was easy. Anna Hamilton says that of course she was flattered and honored. She said yes right away. Of course the queen wanted to meet Anna and the meeting went well and Anna started at her work. On a normal work day Anna works at the Palace with the queen's secretary and three ladies-in-waitings. Anna says that the atmosphere there is very warm and nice.
When Anna isn't working, she likes to spend time in the nature. She runs and skis, but doesn't want to describe herself as a training freak.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 12-03-2016, 12:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Court florist Claes Carlsson at the press meeting of the Barock Blomsterjul (Floral Christmas) exhibition at Drottningholm Palace on 1st December.
http://s02.imageupper.com/1/10/Y1480708875325754_2.jpg
http://s02.imageupper.com/1/10/Y1480708875325754_3.jpg
http://s02.imageupper.com/1/10/Y1480708875325754_4.jpg
http://s02.imageupper.com/1/10/Y1480708875325754_1.jpg
Old 01-13-2017, 01:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

The press department of the royal court organized a reception for information officer Ann-Christine Jernberg on 11th January at Slottsbacken 2. Ann-Christine resigned from her job as the information officer of the royal court on 1st December. The director of the press department, Margareta Thorgren held a speech where she spoke about Ann-Christine's interests, the four Ks. The first K is Kakor - cakes, Ann-Christine has always loved them. The second K is Karlar - men/husband. She is happily married with Per-Göran Grolander. The third K is Kultur - culture, which is her big passion, she visits often theatre and musicals and reads often reviews. And the fourth K is Katter - cats, Ann-Christine loves them and has some at home. And so she got a cat brooch as a present from the Royal Court. At the first photo Ann-Christine is with Charles Hammarsten, a long time royal photographer.
The three directors of the press department: Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg (1995-2004), Ann-Christine Jernberg (2004-2005) and Margareta Thorgren (2014-). Ann-Christine Jernberg came after Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg as the Director of the Press department in 2004. And in 2005 Ann-Christine was diagnosed with MS disease. So she retired from her work as the Director of the Press Department in the beginning of 2006, but stayed at the court as information officer.
Old 01-21-2017, 01:35 PM
Courtier

Some nice photos of the Hovstallarna!

H.M. Konungens Hovstall | Charlotte Gawell Photography
Old 01-30-2017, 12:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

The court gave a press release on Saturday about the delivery of H.M. The King's Medals
From the court staff H.M. The King's Medal 12th size medal with the Order of the Seraphim ribbon get
- First Marshal of the Court Mats Nilsson
- The Director of the Royal Collections Margareta Nisser-Dalman
- The Chief of Military Staff Håkan Pettersson

H.M. The King's Medal 8th size with a bright-blue ribbon gets
- Court Florist Claes Carlsson

H.M. The King's Medal 5th size with a bright-blue ribbon get
- Hairdressers Johan Hellström and Peter Hägelstam, who often do the hairdos of the royal women, especially queen Silvia's.

Some members of the staff of Royal Djurgården Administration and The Office of the Governor are rewarded of their long and faithful service.
Medaljförläningar 28 januari 2017 - Sveriges Kungahus

The medals are delivered on 7th February.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Silvia's lady-in-waiting Harriet Bredelius
Old 04-13-2017, 08:24 PM
Courtier

Margaretha Thorgren appears to be on a panel for the Royal Association.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSsvHcrljNL/
Old 04-14-2017, 12:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
Margaretha Thorgren appears to be on a panel for the Royal Association.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSsvHcrljNL/
Veckomagasinet is a blog written by Anne von Porat. She is a member of the Royalist Association and writes to Association's magazine Rojalisten. Anne von Porat writes also at her blog sometimes events with royals, she has for instance met Daniel many times, she writes especially of the events in Uppsala.

Anne von Porat writes at her blog about the Rikstämma (The Annual General Meeting) of the Royalist Association held on 1st April. Margareta Thorgren gave a lecture there about her work.
Now I have finally met the director of the press department, Margareta Thorgren. I have now got a picture of how it is to work with information at the court. At the meeting Margareta Thorgren told about her and the information department's work for the four royal families. She told that they are not as secretive as people think about the court. They only do their work and plan different events for the royal family. What Thorgren thought was sad is that the media notices more the princess's clothes than the work they do.
How do we get the media to notice their work?
Then I came up with an idea that they would stop wearing ball gowns and jewelry so that you can scale down the fixation with the appearance. Then the work they do would be more apparent and the royal house would not be as "superficial" as many may feel it to be.
Imagine if politicians were always dressed up with jewelry and ball gowns? Then you would listen less to what they have to say and just see how they are dressed. Because, did you know that people notice 90% of how you look like and only 10% of what you say.
When you should dress to the nines?
Logically, you can be dressed up if you don't have much to say about a subject. Because then you can talk without people thinking so much about what you've said.
Vill du jobba som hovets informationschef så läs vidare i bloggen.

Margareta Thorgren and Patrik Åkesson, the Chairman of the Royalist Association, at a dinner held after the meeting. Photo from Facebook of the Royalist Association.
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...19&oe=599AD238

Anne von Porat was interviewed at another blog last October.
- You are a member of the Royalist Association. Do you meet the Royal family sometimes?
"I am a freelance journalist for the magazine Rojalisten and hence I follow the royal family everywhere. I can also accompany them abroad but I do not have time. I have met everyone from the royal family and my absolute favorite before and after meetings is Crown Princess Victoria. She has the most beautiful face in Sweden!"
- Do you think Victoria will take over the throne now? I wonder.
"No, I think she should be able to be a mother of small children in peace, then she can take over the throne."
Exklusiv intervju med bloggerskan Anne von Porat! - www.sarapärleros.se
Old 05-03-2017, 12:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Office of the Governor of the Royal Palaces is hiring full-time palace guards.
Slottsvakter på heltid - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation