The Royal Court of Sweden's Website

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Opinion on The Royal Court of Sweden's Webbsite

• the website is Excellent

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • the website is Good

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • the website is Average

Votes: 29 26.4%
  • the website is Bad

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • the website is Lousy

Votes: 17 15.5%

• Total voters
The downside of the English version is it doesnt contain the equal amount of information of the Swedish version. Otherwise it is a good website

i would like to have a list of orders the royals have
and maybe a new design on webbiste

i would also like to have some more information about thier dukedoms
maybe some dates when they visited them and some photos

good is that they have a list on state visit and what year would like to know what royal were at the state visit for example lilian carl philip
the same goes for the Eriksgata the king made with and with out the queen

Last edited:
Sorry, but compared to the Danish, Norwegian, British Royal Family's websites etc., the Swedish one is really lousy.
Very bad design, updates usually being very late, the English version being inferior to the Swedish, the picture's quality not the best and the site's overall impression unappealing. If I had a say in it, I'd certainly advise the Royal Family to employ someone else to take better care of it.
Once all other forums on the Net - first of all, this one! - are always one step ahead of a Royal Family's official website, there's obviously something wrong with it, I'd say.

Boris said:
Sorry, but compared to the Danish, Norwegian ....
Very bad design, updates usually being very late, the English version being inferior to the Swedish, the picture's quality not the best and the site's overall impression unappealing.
I inputted "average" as a polite way of saying "poor".

Other than that, I generally agree with Boris.
- at one time the Norwegian webpage was poor, but
they did an extensive revision.
- the Danes did an extensive revision too.

- I recall the Royal Court did a revision too, but they
could do with another one.
They're very behind in their "Bilder".

One plus, is their pictorial sequence of a visit of an
ambassador is good.

The description of castles should be as extensive in
English and German?, as it appears to be in Swedish.

Minus-points
-The design, IMO the worst thing about the site. It´s boring and made for slow modems (28 and 56kb). nowadays most ppl have fast modems, so why not Flash, or more design elements??
- As other members have mentioned, it´s only partly translated into english.
-They seldom publish new official pictures on the page.
-Some older pictures would be nice (old historical pictures, but also e.g pictures of a young king, pics of the Royal children, when they were little...)
- They haven´t started to work with modern medias...e.g. little video clips
-Spokeswoman of the court, Ann Christin Jernberg uses the homepage as her personal playground and publishes her "weekly column"
- I want a site/an area for children on the page

Plus-points
I agree with the members, who have told their opinions. In general I haven´t much positive to say. I hope they do a big makeover in the case of a Royal wedding and see the chance-> they can raise their popularity with a good made site.

Yeah an equal up to date Engish and Swedish page woulde be already ok. I think the Design well is classic but still ok. Hey its a monarch so it cannot be most modern super style ;)

needs a refresh and update

I feel that the website is tired. This was a veery early royal website - it is starting to look tired and needs to be reworked.

I'd love to see a few more features - and even a regular monthly special piece on some aspect of the royal family or the royal collection.

I would also like to see more on the heraldry of the royal family on their bio pages. We have their Cyphers, why not their seraphim order shields. This shows their royal duchies and for Princess Lilian, her late husband's duchy arms and her personal arms. A piece on SWedish royal heraldry would be most appreciated!!!

so many of you think that the webbsite is pretty good

have in mind that it could be a language problem
pretty good = ganska bra
ganska bra is a bit over avarge
and in the poll it seems that the webbiste is loked on as a bit better then avarge

Well avarage would result in a value of 2.5 for the mean of all votes. Better than avarage a value lower than that. Actually the avarage at the moment is 3. So its below avarage and therefore has a tendency to poor!

Opinion on The Royal Court of Sweden's Webbsite
the website is Excellent
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
0 0%
the website is Good
bar3-l.gif
bar3-r.gif
7 35.00%
the website is Average
bar4-l.gif
bar4.gif
8 40.00%
the website is Bad
bar5-l.gif
bar5.gif
3 15.00%
the website is Lousy
bar6-l.gif
bar6.gif
2 10.00%

Voters: 20.

take me through that again

avarage would result in a value of 2.5 for the mean of all votes

we get this by dividing 5 with 2

Better than avarage a value lower than that.
i would say the oppisite

1-----2-----3-----4-----5
Lousy----Average-----Excellent

1*2 + 2*3 + 3*8 + 4*7 + 5*0 = 60
60/20 votes = 3 that would mean Average

But i also look at "Normalfördelningen" that is a higher curve to the higher grade

3-----4-----5
Average-----Excellent
40% + 35 % = 75%

1-----2-----3
Lousy----Average
15% + 40% = 55 %

Last edited:
normal distribution just can applied if you have a big enough sample which is not given. 20 out of one million? its even not 1 %. I say at a mean of 2.5 a tendence to good wold be could be concluded. At an avarage of 3 well the page is just avarage. But wenn you look at the actuall votes its somehow obvious that ther are 2 extreme negative votes. I think extremley negative votes should be taken more in to regard esp if assumin normal distribution is nonsense here.

mixer2002de said:
normal distribution just can applied if you have a big enough sample which is not given.
true

I think extremley negative votes should be taken more in to regard esp if assumin normal distribution is nonsense here

i am not sure i totally agree there

but lets hope we will get some more votes and see where it leads us

there is one thing i am missing at the webbsite
its a evensts plan when they are on longer trips like state visit for the king and queen and official visit for victoria

there rae more and more reports on the evenst the roylas so
but i would like it to be in english so others can read about it also

i would like to know what orders and medels they have in the royal family
and facts about past royals

it seems that the webbsite is getting better on reporting on big evensts like victorias australien visit but the state visit that is going on now

there is absolut a change in the information flow at the site but i also hope we will see a desifn change

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope a new website is coming soon!

Denmark, Britain and Norway have modern and updated websites. BRAVO! :)

The Swedish site is so bad that it embarrass me! I've heard though that The Royal Court in Sweden are working on a better and more modern site. HM King Carl XVI Gustafs mottoe is "For Sweden - With the times"! :rolleyes: Just hope a new or updated site will come soon... :eek:

I think the Norwegian webiste is bad (it contains little information, bad quality picture and only little is translated to english), however clearly not as BAAAAAAD as the swedish one which is so amaturinsh one would think it was made by a (bad) webstudent in his first class and not appropriate for the head of state. Also the norwegians are getting an update on their website, hopefully both the Swedes and Norwegians can try to take examle from the British website which is great, always updated with pictures and storys from events, easy to navigate and modern to look at with a good searchable archive that goes way back.

Last edited:
Agree!

Larzen said:
Also the norwegians are getting an update on their website, hopefully both the Swedes and Norwegians can try to take examle from the British website which is great, always updated with pictures and storys from events, easy to navigate and modern to look at with a good searchable archive that goes way back.

I do agree about the British website! I'ts excellent!:)

I wish that they post the curent stuff on the english side too so we can read about the stuff that is going on.

robby86 said:
I wish that they post the curent stuff on the english side too so we can read about the stuff that is going on.
Yes, but that's what I and the other Swedes inform you on here on TRF! :) With the lack of a good English website of the Royal Court, and also a good Swedish one for that matter, there's always TRF... I have high hopes for the new, coming, website.

i would also love some virtully tours of the palaces

one good webbsite is that of the dutch court but that webbsite also reminds me much of the british one

i would love to see a page about
paperclip.gif
Fun & Interesting Facts
and a page where one can ask quastians and they put up a respond

Last edited:
GrandDuchess said:
"The Royal Court new client
2005-01-12 | Webupdate has received the prestigious assignments to build the Palace's (wrong expression there) new website. The assignment included design, navigation, contents and structure and it's a big acknowledgement for Webupdate's creative team. The technical implementation will be done by another part. The website wil be delievered for the summer."

Not that I want to be impatient...but aren´t we already in the middle of autumn? Could this also mean, that the page is already delievered, but won´t go online, as long as the Royal court doesn´t want that.
The boring blue-white style should finally go!

i was just thinking the same
there has been a difference in reporting at the webbsite i must say but no sign of new design

For the second time the Swedish homepage reports about the birth of a baby---in an other Royal house.
When princess Alexia was born, they did and now the same with "prince Hamlet". Not that I really complain, but I wonder, why they don´t add something like "The whole Royal family congratulated/congratulates H.R.H the crown prince and H.R.H. the crown princess of Denmark..." :confused:
Otherwise it seems like an average article from a newspaper.
http://www.royalcourt.se/aktuellt/aktuelltarkiv/5.19fe5e61065eb9aeea800027757.html

Scanorama said:
The downside of the English version is it doesnt contain the equal amount of information of the Swedish version. Otherwise it is a good website

Wow! I did not know that but then I don't speak Swedish. That doesn't seem fair somehow to English speaking fans of Sweden's royal family.

Lena said:
For the second time the Swedish homepage reports about the birth of a baby---in an other Royal house.
When princess Alexia was born, they did and now the same with "prince Hamlet". Not that I really complain, but I wonder, why they don´t add something like "The whole Royal family congratulated/congratulates H.R.H the crown prince and H.R.H. the crown princess of Denmark..." :confused:
Otherwise it seems like an average article from a newspaper.
http://www.royalcourt.se/aktuellt/aktuelltarkiv/5.19fe5e61065eb9aeea800027757.html

That's strange. I've never seen or heard of a royal website acting like a royal "news paper".

Alisa said:
That's strange. I've never seen or heard of a royal website acting like a royal "news paper".

But many royal sites do keep us informed, and up to date on itineraries, planned tours, and so on.

In a way does that not amount to the same thing?:)

The British website is the best of all the websites. It is the most appealing, has the most infor, and it much more fun. The Danish website comes next but it could have some more info and pics. The norwegian and swedish ones are really bad. But they are not as bad as Spains. That cite is atrocious.

Back
Top Bottom