The Royal Court of Sweden's Website

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Opinion on The Royal Court of Sweden's Webbsite

• the website is Excellent

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • the website is Good

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • the website is Average

Votes: 29 26.4%
  • the website is Bad

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • the website is Lousy

Votes: 17 15.5%

• Total voters
Princejonnhy25 said:
The British website is the best of all the websites. It is the most appealing, has the most infor, and it much more fun. The Danish website comes next but it could have some more info and pics. The norwegian and swedish ones are really bad. But they are not as bad as Spains. That cite is atrocious.

The Spanish maybe poor in graphics, but at least, we get an updated news just as soon as the activities is over..
the norwegian updated news, and also upload some photo but for some reason, they had stopped.

the new swedish one are slightly better in providing daily calendar & photos,
so bravo!

I'm quite disappointed by the new website. I was looking very much forward to it & tried not to expect too much, but this is just too little, too late. They might have improved on the looks in terms of the head banner but not on the contents really. It's mostly a visual make over and that one is not too impressive either. The English version is still different and considerably less detailed than the Swedish one which is mind-boggling!
There are a few new pics - a new portrait of Queen Silvia which is not too flattering - but where's the picture archive? Either they dropped it or it's me who couldn't find it anymore? All in all, it remains a less than average website, IMO. :( :( :(

I agree with Boris even though it could have been worse
Plusses for the more detailed informations on castles and exhibitions, markets etc. at the castles.
To make an audio-version is an nice idea, but the english and the swedish voices sound like computer voices.
You can still find the current pics under aktuella Händelser (look for pics from November and farer back). To start that with the current pics was surely not an bad idea...good, that they go on

Big Minusses for:
Not providing a photo gallery with pics out of the lives of the members of the Royal family.
Not providing all informations in English

Minor things:
I´ve hoped for a page for children
I´ve hoped for more multimedia (little videos etc.)

The Design:
is ok...not overwhelming (some ppl here have done nicer fanarts) But maybe a design for such a page shouldn´t be "overwhelming"

Last edited:
Im also not too excited about this website, the overall design is ofcourse better (it could not get worse) I think the frontpage is a bit messy, I had to really search around to find things I and I can understand swedish very well. I also miss galleries of the members of the royal families from they were young til today, and also pictures and more information about the previous Kings, atleas in modern times. I also dislike that they have done as the danish CP couples website and airbrushed some of the official pictures so that all life disappears:( And also I think there should have been a gala portrait of Lilian. Im mostly disappointed they have not added more information, and that the english pages is inferior to the swedish.

and I also have to laugh at the interest of the royal children that are listed, they are portrayed as regular Svensson-saints
Victoria: animals, gardening, painting, walking, skiing and making hooney
Madeleine: riding, art, culture, taking walks in the woods, social questions and enjoys skiing.
Carl Phlip: when time permits:rolleyes: he enjoys motorsport. He also likes to hunt, ski and sail

I know it is an official website and I guess that hanging out on the riviera, attending Britney Spears and Destiny Childs concerts, shopping and working out at Master Training does no quite look good on it:cool:

I must agree with you all, I had such high hopes for the new website (which maybe I shouldn't have had, but I couldn't help it) and now when it's out I'm rather disappointed. The design is of course better and does look more professional, the old version looked so incredibly amateurish. But I miss a lot of things I had hoped would turn up on the new website... One positive thing though are the pictures of the staff on the website (not all, but for example there's a group picture of the bosses within the Royal Court)

Maybe it's time for me to send a letter to the new Director of the Press and Information Department at the Royal Court... :) I do have some hopes for her too, but I will try to cool down - but I guess no matter how she does, no one can do worse than the current stand in on that post, Ann-Christine Jernberg. ;)

Last edited:
GrandDuchess said:
I must agree with you all, I had such high hopes for the new website (which maybe I shouldn't have had, but I couldn't help it) and now when it's out I'm rather disappointed. The design is of course better and does look more professional, the old version looked so incredibly amateurish. But I miss a lot of things I had hoped would turn up on the new website... One positive thing though are the pictures of the staff on the website (not all, but for example there's a group picture of the bosses within the Royal Court)

Maybe it's time for me to send a letter to the new Director of the Press and Information Department at the Royal Court... :) I do have some hopes for her too, but I will try to cool down - but I guess no matter how she does, no one can do worse than the current stand in on that post, Ann-Christine Jernberg. ;)

What have Ann-Christine Jernberg been doing if it's so bad? I'm sorry, but I don't understand...:confused:

The Swedish Royal website is better now, I'm glad to say. But they have still some work to do in it...:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Karisma said:
What have Ann-Christine Jernberg been doing if it's so bad? I'm sorry, but I don't understand...:confused:

I think we have to talk here about 3 pilars:
- The technicans and web designers of the page
- The staff of the Royal family (mainly the press department)
- The Royal Family

The technicans and web designers have surely made suggestions and have worked with the realisation of the project. But for the content the Royal Family and the press department is responsible. They even say it on the page self:
Huvudansvaret för innehållet har informationschefen vid Kungliga Hovstaterna. Uppdateringarna görs, till största delen, av informations- och pressavdelningen.

So when GrandDuchess isn´t happy with the realisation, it´s probably best to give it a try and to contact the press department of the Royal court.
And the head is at the moment Ann Christine Jernberg. Obviously GrandDuchess hasn´t much trust in Ann Christine Jernberg (since she made some not so wise decision in giving out informations and attacking journalists...so I can understand GrandDuchess here), but hopes that the new Director of the press department will be better (one could say, GrandDuchess made a little mental leap, when going from the coming to the current Director)
Many members here have talked about Ann Christine Jernberg before, so you can do a search on her :) I guess in the retrospection, we though would be a little milder...especially since we know now about her disease.

The Swedish Royal website is better now, I'm glad to say. But they have still some work to do in it...:rolleyes:

I agree! Let´s hope the new homepage is the base for more.

Larzen said:
and I also have to laugh at the interest of the royal children that are listed, they are portrayed as regular Svensson-saints
Victoria: animals, gardening, painting, walking, skiing and making hooney
Madeleine: riding, art, culture, taking walks in the woods, social questions and enjoys skiing.
Carl Phlip: when time permits:rolleyes: he enjoys motorsport. He also likes to hunt, ski and sail

I know it is an official website and I guess that hanging out on the riviera, attending Britney Spears and Destiny Childs concerts, shopping and working out at Master Training does no quite look good on it:cool:

:D Ouch...probably not. But a "middle way" wouldn´t have been bad. I think listening to pop music, doing weight training and having a good time with friends isn´t "forbidden" in the unofficial "Knigge for young Royals"

how about a fresh poll save the results and start over see if there is changed of opinion on the site

Thank You Lena!

Thank You Lena! I've been doing a search and now I see what Grand Duchess write about. I wasn't clear about all those things. Thank You! :)

I didn't vote ..... the poll didn't allow for a new webpage being different.

I can't say its been improved .... there are too many things missing ... like images.

It does add on the people behind the scenes and what they do, so a plus sign for recognition.

I agree with everyone here, the webpage still needs more work on it!.... also I wish they would change the picture of the Queen it's not very flattering at all, and the one of Madeline makes her look like a barbie doll!.....

so here is my verdict
before the redisgn the webbsite would get 2 crowns from me now its 3½ crown, can i give a half crown lets say 3 crown and a tiara... its not as good as 4 crowns but better the evarge

one quastian
madeleines official photo did she not have her hair down for that photo i have seen a photo edited official picture of her with her hair up

Josefine said:
one quastian
madeleines official photo did she not have her hair down for that photo i have seen a photo edited official picture of her with her hair up

yeeeep..it was down before...and it looked much better then..now it just look..ODD...now its just face and that tiara..mmm i like the tiara but that hairdo is toooo strict..so the tiara looks massive...

however...this pic of victoria is probably the worst i've ever seen of her...what the f*** are they thinking with?
http://www.royalcourt.se/kungafamiljen/hkhkronprinsessanvictoria/biografi.4.187e1841020141a4c88000153.html

and the pix of the queen..well they arent that flattering...:rolleyes:

enough bout the pix...really the only thing they seem to have changed is the layout..i dunno i dont have time to look into every detail on it at the mo..but the first thing i noticed is that this one is MUCH trickier to navigate than the old one...

and as far as the layout r concerned..well i can do better than that...just give me sum tag free pix and 10-15 min with photoshop...:rolleyes:

i was thinking it was a photo edited baced on the first photo when madeleine wears her hair down

i was also thinking that i would like to read more about the kings sister at the webbste i know that they are not part of the royal family but look at the dansih site there is princess Elisabeth and princess Benedicte why not the kings sisters bios.

I would also like to see bios on the late king as well as the kings mom and dad

Last edited:
What did they do with Madeleine's head?! She has never worn that red dress with a hairstyle like that, that I'm aware of. I know that an exhibit Madeleine went to had a cutout of her like that, but it looks so fake! The overall design is better in IMO. The individual royal pictures are cut off, I wish they had the whole body like the previous website. Not to be harsh, they must have worked hard on it. So props to that!

soCal girl said:
What did they do with Madeleine's head?! She has never worn that red dress with a hairstyle like that, that I'm aware of. I know that an exhibit Madeleine went to had a cutout of her like that, but it looks so fake! The overall design is better in IMO. The individual royal pictures are cut off, I wish they had the whole body like the previous website. Not to be harsh, they must have worked hard on it. So props to that!
Yes, she looks very fake. But perhaps they just edit her hair out, and covered her up more to make her look more grownup or something :) But the dress, jewelry and the light looks the same in both photos:

photos from www.royalcourt.se

Yennie said:
Yes, she looks very fake. But perhaps they just edit her hair out, and covered her up more to make her look more grownup or something :) But the dress, jewelry and the light looks the same in both photos:

photos from www.royalcourt.se

bet someone just played a bit in photoshop:rolleyes: since its the exact same "pattern" in the hair n all..n then they just turned her head a bit 2 make it look like another photo..
the change in the dress kinda proves it..doesnt it?:rolleyes:

Crown Princess Victoria on royalcourt.se

engagements1xd.jpg
interest1vw.jpg

http://img447.imageshack.us/my.php?image=biografi6fd.jpg
http://img390.imageshack.us/my.php?image=interest1vw.jpg
http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=victoria7kw.jpg
http://img342.imageshack.us/my.php?image=engagements1xd.jpg

Last edited:
I'm really surprised and confused why the Royal Court hasn't updated their Agenda for January (at least).
i know the royal family are still on holiday, but there are events already scheduled, right?
am i missing something in the website?

purple_platinum said:
I'm really surprised and confused why the Royal Court hasn't updated their Agenda for January (at least).
i know the royal family are still on holiday, but there are events already scheduled, right?
am i missing something in the website?

The agenda is always updated only for the following week and this happens between Friday and Monday. I guess this is to protect the family from terrorists or mentally ill ppl. This week the plan was updated on Monday by writing, that there won´t be any duties this week ;)
Nonetheless a "rough schedule" for the first semester of the year is always send out to the press in January (and for the second semester it´s send out in late summer) I hope Svenska Dagbladet will get this soon (or they don´t get it, because too many off days and no trips for Victoria would hint, that there a wedding will take place. Wouldn´t be bad either :D )

Lena said:
The agenda is always updated only for the following week and this happens between Friday and Monday. I guess this is to protect the family from terrorists or mentally ill ppl. This week the plan was updated on Monday by writing, that there won´t be any duties this week ;)
Nonetheless a "rough schedule" for the first semester of the year is always send out to the press in January (and for the second semester it´s send out in late summer) I hope Svenska Dagbladet will get this soon (or they don´t get it, because too many off days and no trips for Victoria would hint, that there a wedding will take place. Wouldn´t be bad either :D )

thank you for the explanation, Lena!
i just miss seeing them... it's been 2nd weekof january and all we've seen is the king & queen in kenya. :eek: :eek:
i hope they'll start their activities in the 3rd week. ;)

i think they should change the official family potriats for one in gala

Back
Top Bottom