the website is Good 29 29.90%
the website is Average 28 28.87%
the website is Bad 15 15.46%
the website is Lousy 18 18.56%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2005, 11:52 AM
Majesty

i would also love some virtully tours of the palaces

one good webbsite is that of the dutch court but that webbsite also reminds me much of the british one

i would love to see a page about Fun & Interesting Facts
and a page where one can ask quastians and they put up a respond

Old 10-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Nobility

I like it.....but then I am only just learning abuot the Sweedish Royal family, which is probably why I like it more. Most of you probably know everything that's on there allready!
I also think that this http://www.royalcourt.se/images/18.5...7/KFAMwebb.jpg
is a lovely family photo of them all!:)

Old 10-13-2005, 02:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
"The Royal Court new client
2005-01-12 | Webupdate has received the prestigious assignments to build the Palace's (wrong expression there) new website. The assignment included design, navigation, contents and structure and it's a big acknowledgement for Webupdate's creative team. The technical implementation will be done by another part. The website wil be delievered for the summer."
Not that I want to be impatient...but aren´t we already in the middle of autumn? Could this also mean, that the page is already delievered, but won´t go online, as long as the Royal court doesn´t want that.
The boring blue-white style should finally go!
Old 10-13-2005, 02:36 PM
Majesty

i was just thinking the same
there has been a difference in reporting at the webbsite i must say but no sign of new design
Old 10-16-2005, 01:24 PM
Courtier

Anyway their homepage is boring...
Old 10-17-2005, 11:11 AM
Heir Apparent

For the second time the Swedish homepage reports about the birth of a baby---in an other Royal house.
When princess Alexia was born, they did and now the same with "prince Hamlet". Not that I really complain, but I wonder, why they don´t add something like "The whole Royal family congratulated/congratulates H.R.H the crown prince and H.R.H. the crown princess of Denmark..."
Otherwise it seems like an average article from a newspaper.
http://www.royalcourt.se/aktuellt/ak...800027757.html
Old 11-10-2005, 11:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanorama
The downside of the English version is it doesnt contain the equal amount of information of the Swedish version. Otherwise it is a good website
Wow! I did not know that but then I don't speak Swedish. That doesn't seem fair somehow to English speaking fans of Sweden's royal family.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:03 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
For the second time the Swedish homepage reports about the birth of a baby---in an other Royal house.
When princess Alexia was born, they did and now the same with "prince Hamlet". Not that I really complain, but I wonder, why they don´t add something like "The whole Royal family congratulated/congratulates H.R.H the crown prince and H.R.H. the crown princess of Denmark..."
Otherwise it seems like an average article from a newspaper.
http://www.royalcourt.se/aktuellt/ak...800027757.html
That's strange. I've never seen or heard of a royal website acting like a royal "news paper".
Old 11-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa
That's strange. I've never seen or heard of a royal website acting like a royal "news paper".
But many royal sites do keep us informed, and up to date on itineraries, planned tours, and so on.

In a way does that not amount to the same thing?:)
Old 11-13-2005, 05:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

The British website is the best of all the websites. It is the most appealing, has the most infor, and it much more fun. The Danish website comes next but it could have some more info and pics. The norwegian and swedish ones are really bad. But they are not as bad as Spains. That cite is atrocious.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

the website is updated Also some new pictures inbetween
http://www.royalcourt.se/
Old 12-01-2005, 08:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejonnhy25
The British website is the best of all the websites. It is the most appealing, has the most infor, and it much more fun. The Danish website comes next but it could have some more info and pics. The norwegian and swedish ones are really bad. But they are not as bad as Spains. That cite is atrocious.
The Spanish maybe poor in graphics, but at least, we get an updated news just as soon as the activities is over..
the norwegian updated news, and also upload some photo but for some reason, they had stopped.

the new swedish one are slightly better in providing daily calendar & photos,
so bravo!
Old 12-01-2005, 08:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
the website is updated Also some new pictures inbetween
http://www.royalcourt.se/

FINALLY!!
And now let´s look, what they have done. But that it´s changed already means a lot. Finally some action. :) :)
Old 12-01-2005, 09:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm quite disappointed by the new website. I was looking very much forward to it & tried not to expect too much, but this is just too little, too late. They might have improved on the looks in terms of the head banner but not on the contents really. It's mostly a visual make over and that one is not too impressive either. The English version is still different and considerably less detailed than the Swedish one which is mind-boggling!
There are a few new pics - a new portrait of Queen Silvia which is not too flattering - but where's the picture archive? Either they dropped it or it's me who couldn't find it anymore? All in all, it remains a less than average website, IMO. :( :( :(
Old 12-01-2005, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree with Boris even though it could have been worse
Plusses for the more detailed informations on castles and exhibitions, markets etc. at the castles.
To make an audio-version is an nice idea, but the english and the swedish voices sound like computer voices.
You can still find the current pics under aktuella Händelser (look for pics from November and farer back). To start that with the current pics was surely not an bad idea...good, that they go on

Big Minusses for:
Not providing a photo gallery with pics out of the lives of the members of the Royal family.
Not providing all informations in English

Minor things:
I´ve hoped for a page for children
I´ve hoped for more multimedia (little videos etc.)

The Design:
is ok...not overwhelming (some ppl here have done nicer fanarts) But maybe a design for such a page shouldn´t be "overwhelming"
Old 12-01-2005, 11:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Im also not too excited about this website, the overall design is ofcourse better (it could not get worse) I think the frontpage is a bit messy, I had to really search around to find things I and I can understand swedish very well. I also miss galleries of the members of the royal families from they were young til today, and also pictures and more information about the previous Kings, atleas in modern times. I also dislike that they have done as the danish CP couples website and airbrushed some of the official pictures so that all life disappears:( And also I think there should have been a gala portrait of Lilian. Im mostly disappointed they have not added more information, and that the english pages is inferior to the swedish.

and I also have to laugh at the interest of the royal children that are listed, they are portrayed as regular Svensson-saints
Victoria: animals, gardening, painting, walking, skiing and making hooney
Madeleine: riding, art, culture, taking walks in the woods, social questions and enjoys skiing.
Carl Phlip: when time permits he enjoys motorsport. He also likes to hunt, ski and sail

I know it is an official website and I guess that hanging out on the riviera, attending Britney Spears and Destiny Childs concerts, shopping and working out at Master Training does no quite look good on it
Old 12-01-2005, 12:23 PM
Heir Apparent

I must agree with you all, I had such high hopes for the new website (which maybe I shouldn't have had, but I couldn't help it) and now when it's out I'm rather disappointed. The design is of course better and does look more professional, the old version looked so incredibly amateurish. But I miss a lot of things I had hoped would turn up on the new website... One positive thing though are the pictures of the staff on the website (not all, but for example there's a group picture of the bosses within the Royal Court)

Maybe it's time for me to send a letter to the new Director of the Press and Information Department at the Royal Court... :) I do have some hopes for her too, but I will try to cool down - but I guess no matter how she does, no one can do worse than the current stand in on that post, Ann-Christine Jernberg.

Old 12-01-2005, 12:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
I must agree with you all, I had such high hopes for the new website (which maybe I shouldn't have had, but I couldn't help it) and now when it's out I'm rather disappointed. The design is of course better and does look more professional, the old version looked so incredibly amateurish. But I miss a lot of things I had hoped would turn up on the new website... One positive thing though are the pictures of the staff on the website (not all, but for example there's a group picture of the bosses within the Royal Court)

Maybe it's time for me to send a letter to the new Director of the Press and Information Department at the Royal Court... :) I do have some hopes for her too, but I will try to cool down - but I guess no matter how she does, no one can do worse than the current stand in on that post, Ann-Christine Jernberg.

What have Ann-Christine Jernberg been doing if it's so bad? I'm sorry, but I don't understand...

The Swedish Royal website is better now, I'm glad to say. But they have still some work to do in it...
Old 12-01-2005, 07:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisma
What have Ann-Christine Jernberg been doing if it's so bad? I'm sorry, but I don't understand...
I think we have to talk here about 3 pilars:
- The technicans and web designers of the page
- The staff of the Royal family (mainly the press department)
- The Royal Family

The technicans and web designers have surely made suggestions and have worked with the realisation of the project. But for the content the Royal Family and the press department is responsible. They even say it on the page self:
Huvudansvaret för innehållet har informationschefen vid Kungliga Hovstaterna. Uppdateringarna görs, till största delen, av informations- och pressavdelningen.

So when GrandDuchess isn´t happy with the realisation, it´s probably best to give it a try and to contact the press department of the Royal court.
And the head is at the moment Ann Christine Jernberg. Obviously GrandDuchess hasn´t much trust in Ann Christine Jernberg (since she made some not so wise decision in giving out informations and attacking journalists...so I can understand GrandDuchess here), but hopes that the new Director of the press department will be better (one could say, GrandDuchess made a little mental leap, when going from the coming to the current Director)
Many members here have talked about Ann Christine Jernberg before, so you can do a search on her :) I guess in the retrospection, we though would be a little milder...especially since we know now about her disease.

Quote:
The Swedish Royal website is better now, I'm glad to say. But they have still some work to do in it...
I agree! Let´s hope the new homepage is the base for more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
and I also have to laugh at the interest of the royal children that are listed, they are portrayed as regular Svensson-saints
Victoria: animals, gardening, painting, walking, skiing and making hooney
Madeleine: riding, art, culture, taking walks in the woods, social questions and enjoys skiing.
Carl Phlip: when time permits he enjoys motorsport. He also likes to hunt, ski and sail

I know it is an official website and I guess that hanging out on the riviera, attending Britney Spears and Destiny Childs concerts, shopping and working out at Master Training does no quite look good on it
Ouch...probably not. But a "middle way" wouldn´t have been bad. I think listening to pop music, doing weight training and having a good time with friends isn´t "forbidden" in the unofficial "Knigge for young Royals"
Old 12-02-2005, 12:29 PM
Majesty

how about a fresh poll save the results and start over see if there is changed of opinion on the site