The Nobel Prize 2013 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Somehow in close-ups Crown Princess Victoria looks sad, maybe just tired. I don't mean to speculate about nothing. Just noticed cos her smile is usually megawatt, from mouth to eyes!

How strange how opinions can always be so different - I was sitting earlier thinking how I always see such a glow/aura about CP Victoria and no matter what she is doing, she always looks amazing.

It would be a boring world if we all thought the same though :flowers:

According to some in tumblr Sofia has requested a vegetarian dish, while princess Victoria asked for a gluten-free dish!I reallt hope she has not gotten celiac!

According to some in tumblr Sofia has requested a vegetarian dish, while princess Victoria asked for a gluten-free dish!I reallt hope she has not gotten celiac!

That info is from Svensk Damtidning. Last year they claimed that Victoria had asked for a special dish, because she has lactose intolerance...

That info is from Svensk Damtidning. Last year they claimed that Victoria had asked for a special dish, because she has lactose intolerance...

Hope that's right, because it would be less serious that celiac disease

I think that there is a lot wrong with the cooks and kitchen staff of the Nobel banquet, if they tell to the press that a member of the royal family has asked for a special menu. They shouldn't tell that kind of things about anyone attending at the banquet.

I love the Connaught. I have to admit its one of my all time faves, not just among the Swedish tiaras. Twice in one year on Vic, I am spoiled. I think looks better here than wedding with her hair style. I love her dress and jewels though I prefer the red gown last year.

Madeleine looks amazing. My top pick. I love the tiara on her.

Sofia's tiara just looks wrong all around. the Spearmint tiara is up there with Mary's wedding tiara IMO. She is finally looking a bit pregnant, whether it is the dress or she has popped a bit, not sure.

How strange how opinions can always be so different - I was sitting earlier thinking how I always see such a glow/aura about CP Victoria and no matter what she is doing, she always looks amazing.

It would be a boring world if we all thought the same though :flowers:

I've just checked new pictures of Crownprincess Victoria and was glowing there. I'm glad it was just in a few picture in which she looked sad/tired and I am glad I was mistaken!

Video of the royal family arriving to the banquet
Glad kungafamilj anlände till Nobelfesten | Nyheter | Expressen.tv

From the website of the royal court
Kungen delade ut 2015 års Nobelpris - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Kungafamiljen vid Nobelbanketten - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

The best for me is of course seeing Victoria and Daniel and the king and queen. And after that the Laureates getting their Prizes and hearing them interviewed. Most of them are really fascinating people. But one of the highlight for me every year is the music at the Nobel Prize Ceremony. I enjoy of that so much every year. This year also the entertainment at the banquet was very good compared to some years.

Galleries
The Prize ceremony
IBL Bildbyrå

The banquet
IBL Bildbyrå

One more tiara: Eva Hafström, queen Silvia's lady-in-waiting
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Gallery
Swedish Royals at Nobel prize award ceremony 2015 - Monarchy Press Europe

Last edited by a moderator:
The points from the fashion experts (Five is the highest)
Expressen/Stylist Siroun Forsberg
- Queen Silvia 5, Victoria 5, Madeleine 5, Sofia 2
Getingbetyg! De sticker ut allra mest _ Nyheter _ Expressen

Aftonbladet/The You Way/Nina Campioni
- Queen Silvia 3, Victoria 5, Madeleine 4, Sofia 5, Christina 3
Vilken stilkamp! Se alla Nobelklänningar - The You Way

My points:

Madeleine 5
Christina 4
Victoria 3.5
Silvia 3
Sofia 3

ETA:
Carl Philip 10!!!!!! He's looking particularly yummy tonight!

Last edited:
I very much enjoyed the Nobels tonight...The only let-me-down of the evenings (fashion dissapointments) were the queen's dress and Sofia's awkard position of the tiara. I am glad she didn't wear a family's one for tonight.

I very much enjoyed the Nobels tonight...The only let-me-down of the evenings (fashion dissapointments) were the queen's dress and Sofia's awkard position of the tiara. I am glad she didn't wear a family's one for tonight.

I've felt that way now both times she's worn it. There's something about the design of it that doesn't sit well on the head. I can't say I really like it at all.

I've just checked new pictures of Crownprincess Victoria and was glowing there. I'm glad it was just in a few picture in which she looked sad/tired and I am glad I was mistaken!

I wouldn't say 'mistaken' that's just your interpretation of a particular picture(s) :)

Princess Madeleine looks like a dream. She makes the aquamarine kokoshnik look good.
Aquamarines bring out the blue in her eyes so much more.
She should wear aquamarines more often

Silvia wore the 9-prong, Victoria brought it with the Connaught, and Madeleine was a great surprise with the Aquamarine kokoshnik. Sofia's wedding tiara looked like small potatoes compared to the big guns the royal ladies wore. Even Christina rocked the 6-button. The Emerald & Diamond Tiara's history is still unknown, even with a jewelry expert SvD rounded up to take a stab at it: Historien bakom Sofias diadem | Svensk Damtidning . By its size Sofia's diadem could be a starter tiara for Estelle and Leonore, or for her daughter (if she's having a girl).

I don't think Sofia's wedding tiara would be used as a starter for Estelle or Leo. It is her personal tiara. If Sofia has a girl, it might be understandable for her to use it as a starter. But why would Estelle, the future queen of Sweden, be given her aunt's wedding tiara as a starter?? If the royals don't make one for the girls, it would make more sense for them to wear their mother's starter.

Not surprised to see Christina in the 6 button, she has worn it the past number of years. I like that Sofia, a new member of the family, is wearing her starter tiara. Christina is the king's sister and it is not surprising she wear one of the bigger family tiaras.

Frankly, Sofia was the best dressed. She needs to get rid of that ugly tiara. Hated Victoria's dress. The Connaught Tiara is lovely. Maddy look great, but gray is not her best color.

My call for the tiaras for night 2 of the Nobels:

Silvia: Luechentburg
Victoria: Steel Cut
Madeleine: Modern Fringe (she made a splash tonight)
Sofia: wedding (not sure if she gets a tiara from the vault yet).

It will be interesting to see what is happening with the Aquamarine kokoshnik tiara. I find it unlikely that Princess Madeleine just decided to borrow it considering the tiaras already available among from Bernadotte Foundation and privately owned. My guess is that someone bought the tiara from Princess Margarethe with the provision that it will continue to be "hers" for any tiara event she may attend. The King may have bought it as a gift to Madeleine especially as Sofia received her own and CP Victoria inherited Princess Lilian's. It has been written that Princess Margarethe has had very limited resources for a long time. Her husband's business did not do well besides he was sick and hospitalized for a very long time before he died. Selling the tiara back to the family yet retain the use of it for special occasions certainly would make sense. This is all pure speculation on my part but the "loan" of the tiara for the Nobel event this year simply does not make sense.

Do we have a reason to doubt what royal blogger and expert Johannes Öberg wrote at his blog in February:
The royal expert Roger Lundgren (SVT's royal expert and the chief editor of Kungliga Magasinet), had spoken with Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnuson, who has worn the Aquamarine Kokoshnik tiara twice in the past year.
- The jewellery is still owned by Princess Margaretha, who has at her brother for safekeeping, said Lundgren.
Diademfrågan löst _ Johannes Öberg

Svensk Damtidning tells that the court sent yesterday a press release about the outfits, orders and jewellery:
About Madeleine's tiara "she had princess Margaretha's aquamarine diadem"
Det bär kungligheterna ikväll _ Svensk Damtidning

The quality and variety of the photos from yesterday has been disappointing so far. Some photos of the king and queen with the Laureates.
https://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010010011O14498181291854436
https://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010010051O14498181291854436
https://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010010041O14498181291854436
https://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010010031O14498181291854436
https://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010010021O14498181291854436

The medicine Laureate Youyou Tu had asked not to be placed to the Table of Honour, for health reasons.

From the Nobel Foundation's Nobel Prize Youtube Channel you can see videos from this years events
Nobel Prize - YouTube

Birds-eye view from the Prize Ceremony
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...8_10153260921579103_8347952006949602829_o.jpg

The banquet
Nobel banquet 2015! _ Facebook

Last edited by a moderator:
I've felt that way now both times she's worn it. There's something about the design of it that doesn't sit well on the head. I can't say I really like it at all.

I think this tiara is too smal for her hear. Sofia has a huge forehead and she should wear a different/ larger tiara. To me her wedding tiara is short:ohmy:, that's why it looks so odd!

The dinner should start in about 20 minutes so hopefully we'll start to see photos within the hour.

Last year the first pics were posted around 8:30 - 8:45 PM. So in roughly 2 hours our curiosity will be satisfied.

Back
Top Bottom