The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-11-2015, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Of course i mean Chris. The nobels take my mind!! Thank you for this informations.

Old 12-11-2015, 07:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Countess Bettina Bernadotte had also today a tiara
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

The whole gallery
IBL Bildbyrå

Old 12-11-2015, 07:21 PM
Heir Apparent

^ I wish Sofia would try an updo with a little fringe, hair not parted in the middle and with large curls piled on the top of her head. IMO, her little tiara would look much better that way.

A cool grey can look very elegant. However, I think that Madeleine's collar ruined her look. I didn't mind Sofia's gown at all and preferred it to yesterday's. It's a pity she's restricted at the moment to her wedding tiara.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I'm not sure if this has been posted before but here is some detailed info of the Laureates Dinner from the SRF's website:

The King's dinner for the Nobel Laureates - Sveriges Kungahus

That took me to the write up for last year's Nobels. Just letting you know. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-11-2015, 08:44 PM
Nobility

The King's Dinner of the Nobels:

Victoria - recycled a favorite, complete with the Baden
Madeleine - no fan of this gown tonight. She looks like a saloon girl. Return of the Modern
Sofia - This dress is a near knock off of Madeleine's from the night before. The emeralds do not work with this dress; green stones do not go with everything. Why didn't the king and queen gift Sofia with a tiara made of diamonds and/or pearls - stones that go with practically everything?
Old 12-11-2015, 08:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Victoria looked lovely, tonight, Madeleine's gown was odd, but she always looks beautiful. Sofia gown yesterday was much more attractive, and her tiara is just plain ugly. Looks like a birthday tiara you buy as a joke for someone.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:16 PM
Majesty

I don't know about anyone else, but the entire Nobel ceremony, banquets, etc. seem totally lacklustre. It can't be that every woman wore boringly flat gowns and jewels so I am blaming the latest photographic advancements.

True, their photo's may seem crisper and their long shots quite exceptional but the sparkling of threads, crystals and pearl beadwork and glowing of embroidery on truly amazing gowns and the glittering of beautiful jewels, both old and new, are missing. Everything seems almost one dimensional.

Take an early photo of Queen Silvia wearing the Connaught tiara.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2.../jewels/22.jpg

Versus Victoria this year.

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hp...15613794_n.jpg
Old 12-11-2015, 11:53 PM
Serene Highness

Marg, you are totally right!!
Old 12-12-2015, 02:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

New kind of photos from last night, they are great
http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/u...-Nobel-3_7.jpg
http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/u...-Nobel-3_5.jpg
Madeleine Kogevinas yesterday evening
http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/u...-NobelD_13.jpg

The whole gallery
Alla bilder från Kungamiddagen _ Svensk Damtidning

ROYAL: Style von Victoria, Madeleine, Sofia
ROYAL: Die schwedischen Royals bei Dinner des Königs für die Nobelpreisträger
ROYAL: Silvia und Carl Gustaf - stolze Gastgeber des Dinners im Schloss

The big part of the magic of the Nobel festivities for me is the music. The royal family arriving with the drums, the King's song starting and the family leaving the Nobel Ceremony with that great music, it is one of the highlights of the year for me.
And the procession to the Nobel Banquet with that great music is always so ceremonial, festive and grand.

What disappointed me this year, was the quality and selection of the photos from the Prize Ceremony and the Banquet.
What is also unbelievable, is how much the guests (not at the Table of Honour) used their mobile phones during the Banquet.
Old 12-12-2015, 06:18 AM
Commoner

I don't have a problem with Sofia's tiara or its placement, she looked very beautiful both days. I especially like the Friday's dress, it fits perfectly and has beautiful, fitting sleeves unlike Madeleine's dress on Thursday (which is my second favourite dress of the bunch). Hopefully she'll experiment more with her hair-dos in the future, for example, I would like to see how her lovely tiara looks leaning on a bun!

Victoria looked fine, although I don't personally like her shiny blue dress, nor queen Silvia's. But clearly they are comfortable wearing them, that's what matters. The Connaught tiara is stunningly beautiful, I'm glad Victoria decided to use it. Madeleine looks lovely in everything, though her second dress would have been better without the choking thing around her neck. Overall, I'm a little underwhelmed this year, beautiful dresses but nothing spectacular. No 5 points for anyone, 4 points for Madeleine and Sofia, 3 for Victoria and 2 for queen Silvia.
Old 12-12-2015, 06:49 AM
Serene Highness

Is there any big HQ photo of Carl Philip from the banquet?! Something like this one with Daniel: http://media.shootitlive.com/FGbuaAH...expressen/2105
Old 12-12-2015, 01:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video and gallery from Thursday from PurePeople
Victoria de Suède enceinte _ Radieuse avec la famille royale pour un grand dîner

According to the Svenska Dagbladet newspaper, the biggest scandal was a minor faux-pas which meant the king was last at his table to be served the sauce for the main course. “Embarrassing,” one of the waiters was said to have commented on the incident.
Glitz and glamour at Sweden's Nobel banquet - The Local

Gallery from Friday from PurePeople
Sofia et Victoria de Suède, enceintes et lumineuses, au dîner pour les Nobel
Old 12-12-2015, 05:17 PM
Heir Apparent

I was having theffeling that something went wrong behind the scenes as the kitchen didn'tappear organized:first the dishes for Victoria and Sofia, then this.... I mean, how could they don't know that Victoria was intollerant to lactose and that Sofia was a vegetarian?
Old 12-13-2015, 07:16 AM
Nobility

Where's Sofia's Seraphim badge at the King's Dinner? Silvia, Victoria and Madeleine have theirs on.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:23 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Where's Sofia's Seraphim badge at the King's Dinner? Silvia, Victoria and Madeleine have theirs on.
do not worry, she also left side, like other
Old 12-13-2015, 08:19 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
Is there any big HQ photo of Carl Philip from the banquet?! Something like this one with Daniel: http://media.shootitlive.com/FGbuaAH...expressen/2105
Something like this? http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/N...k1HyIuN7Px.jpg

Quote:
What about on her left side? Near her shoulder. Where the other women also have theirs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quest View Post
do not worry, she also left side, like other
Exactly.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Do you mean the Grand Star, which is normally on women placed on the waist?
The photos take of Sofia were taken from the angle that the Grand Star wasn't seen. But on this photo you can see that she has both the Grand Star and the badge.
http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/u...-Nobel-3_7.jpg

The Badge
The Badge consists of a white Maltese cross set in gold, in the centre of which is a blue medallion bearing the monogram of Christ "IHS" (Jesus Hominum Salvator - Jesus the Saviour of Mankind). The Badge is surmounted by a golden Royal crown, by which it is fastened to the collar or to a light blue moiré ribbon.
The Order of the Seraphim - Sveriges Kungahus

More info about the Grand Star and Badge of the Order of the Seraphim
www.ordersandmedals.net

Photos
Ebbas blogg _ Ebba Kleberg von Sydow » Victorias glittrande återanvändning
Kunglig glamour med kronprinsessan _ Åsas kungliga Europa
Prinsessan Christina – i en klass för sig _ Åsas kungliga Europa
Famille royale de Suède en photos - Victoria resplendissante future maman
Old 12-14-2015, 10:37 AM
Nobility

Once these medals/orders are granted is it a requirement to wear them at official functions or is it a personal choice?
Old 12-14-2015, 01:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess maggie View Post
Once these medals/orders are granted is it a requirement to wear them at official functions or is it a personal choice?
It isn't a personal choice, it goes with the etiquette and sometimes the king decides how the Orders are worn. For example, at the wedding of Victoria and Daniel the king wore Orders with chains, at the weddings of Madeleine and Carl Philip not. The Order of the Seraphim is the most outstanding distinction in Sweden. All the members of the royal family wear the Order of the Seraphim, if the King wears it.
The members of the royal family wear the Order of the Seraphim plus the royal women wear the King's miniature portrait at the Nobel festivities, at the state visit banquets, at the official dinners hosted by the king, at the formal gatherings of the Royal Academies, at royal weddings etc. Some of these events are events where the tiaras are not worn, but the Order of the Seraphim is.
At the Nobel festivities king Carl Gustaf, Carl Philip and Daniel had also the Order of the Polar Star cross, on a black band around their neck. And various decorations in miniature.

Victoria's and Daniel's wedding has been the most festive event during the last years, then the king had:
The King is wearing the Order of the Seraphim and Order of Vasa on chains.
Around his neck The King wears the Order of the Sword, the Swedish military order.
The King is wearing two grand stars; the Swedish Order of the Seraphim's grand star at the top and the grand star of the Order of Vasa underneath.
On the chest (from inside outwards) The King will be wearing decorations in miniature: The Order of the Seraphim, Gustav V's Jubilee Order, Gustav VI Adolf's Commemorative Medal, the Order of the Sword, the Order of the Polar Star and the Order of Vasa.
The Royal Family's Attire - Sveriges Kungahus

Video of the guests arriving to the King's dinner
Se filmen från kungens middag för Nobelpristagarna _ Svensk Damtidning
Old 12-15-2015, 08:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

King Carl Gustaf and crown princess Victoria met today in Princess Sibylla's apartment representatives from the Tunisian National Dialogue Quartet, Laureates of the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize.
Photo from court Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/_T_zx_P8...-by=kungahuset

Kungen och Kronprinsessan i möte med Tunisiska nationella kvartetten för dialog - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Kronprinsessan välkomnade fredspristagarna på slottet _ Svensk Damtidning

Galleries
IBL Bildbyrå
APA-Picturedesk
ROYAL: Carl Gustaf und Victoria empfangen die Nobelfriedenspreis Gewinner

The National Dialogue Quartet, winners of the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize, were received, Tuesday, by King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden and Crown Princess Victoria, at the Royal Palace in Stockholm.
King Carl XVI Gustaf congratulated members of the National Dialogue Quartet, praising their role in the success of the democratic transition in Tunisia, “an experience that has inspired admiration the world over,” the Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade and Handicrafts (UTICA) said in a statement.
National Dialogue Quartet received by King of Sweden

Some of the Nobel Diplomas
https://www.facebook.com/nobelprize/...53262419714103
https://www.facebook.com/nobelprize/...53265599354103
https://www.facebook.com/nobelprize/...53263908774103
https://www.facebook.com/nobelprize/...53262502684103

Tags
the 2015 nobels