The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-10-2015, 01:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Det bär kungligheterna ikväll _ Svensk Damtidning
Ebbas blogg _ Ebba Kleberg von Sydow » En fullträff, Victoria!
Ebbas blogg _ Ebba Kleberg von Sydow » Hur många solar blir det_

Old 12-10-2015, 01:30 PM
Heir Apparent

When will the streaming of the Banquet start? On svt? I followed the ceremony on the youtube channel earlier but can't find the link for the banquet!

Old 12-10-2015, 01:32 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Wow, so any surprises tonight! The Swedish court certainly didn't let us down. Victoria with the Connaught tiara and amythist necklace, Madeleine Bernadotte (daughter of Prince Carl) present with tiara, Bettina Bernadotte with tiara and last but not least Pss Madeleine with the aquamarine tiara of her aunt. It looks spectacular on her.

The Queen did not surprise us as she put on the party antlers. Although it is one of her best tiaras I also find it one of the ugliest. Sofia giving her own tiara and lovely earrings a second go, which was expected. And finally there is Pss Christina with the 6-buttons, which is a relief as she is the only one who can show the tiara to its best advantage.

I didn't find any of the dresses spectacular -like last years red dress of Victoria, but they all look nice.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
When will the streaming of the Banquet start? On svt? I followed the ceremony on the youtube channel earlier but can't find the link for the banquet!
Here it is.
http://www.svtplay.se/video/5191642/...en-10-12-19-00
The Banquet will only be brodacasted by svt live.
It starts at 19h00 local time.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:39 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

Wow, Princess Madeleine looks amazing with he aquamarine tiara. Crown Princess Victoria looks lovely. I really like the dress. I like the earrings of Sofia.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:42 PM
Courtier

hmmm...for some reason the Queens dress looks as if it needs a little "fluffing" under the skirt area to make it lay right. Something like a petticoat? It just looks as if it was made to have some sort of underskirt under it and she did not want to wear it. But all in all, she looks good. Victoria...not sure I like the to part of the dress with that sheer cape like top. I think it would have looked better if it were a full dress with sleeves, but she looks good as well. Dress looks better when she stands rather than sitting also.
I would like to see better, full, top to bottom pics of both Madeline and Sofia. Madeline looks good from what I saw and not sure I like the top part of Sofia's dress, but that could change once I see the full version.
But all ladies still look lovely regardless. A little less "regal" than previous years, but lovely just the same.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I think better pics of the gownswill come when he royals descend the stairs into the banqueting hall. Can't be long now.

Old 12-10-2015, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

I guess the Queen's gown is made so that she can wear it with different tops.
Old 12-10-2015, 02:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Nobel Banquet Menu
Nobel Banquet Menu 2015

The photos are updated here:
http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/nobelfesten/
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/live/3/
Old 12-10-2015, 02:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

After much debate and careful thought, I have decided that Madeleine is my best dressed this year. The tiara loaned from her Aunt is the tipping point for me. She just looks wonderful. The color of the dress, the design and fit are all very good on her.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
Because there is a different in hairstyles, for one, and a difference in the make of the tiaras. The Aquamarine kokoshnik is made in a way that it doesn't look awkward when sitting the way it does. Sofia's emerald tiara is lacking something. A better hairstyle, a better base, etc. It looks childish, imo, the way it sits on her head. Like a regular person who bought a cheap tiara (not that the tiara itself is actually cheap) from a store for her wedding and just plopped it on her head. It needs more give on the sides to help it sit better on her head.

So yes, there is a big difference between the two.
Thank you for putting it in words I could not find. I kept looking at the picture of Sofia's tiara and thought something is off there,yet what? I think it was maybe made to small for her head, like maybe the sides of the tiara should be long so that it can be placed better on her. Just sitting on top of her head makes it look awkward to me, this is just MO now.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:20 PM
Royal Highness

NOBEL PRIZE 2015 | Selda Göktaş
Old 12-10-2015, 03:22 PM
Nobility

I must say i love the victoria's outifit and tiara, but I am particularly fond of her amethysts jewellery. I really like the whole outfit of the Queen. I must disagree with most of you as I am not very fond of madeleine's tiara, even though i do believe she looks great today. I'm afraid i don't like sofia's tiara not dress, I like the upper part though.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

The points from the fashion experts (Five is the highest)
Expressen/Stylist Siroun Forsberg
- Queen Silvia 5, Victoria 5, Madeleine 5, Sofia 2
Getingbetyg! De sticker ut allra mest _ Nyheter _ Expressen

Aftonbladet/The You Way/Nina Campioni
- Queen Silvia 3, Victoria 5, Madeleine 4, Sofia 5, Christina 3
Vilken stilkamp! Se alla Nobelklänningar - The You Way
Old 12-10-2015, 04:23 PM
Nobility

Somehow in close-ups Crown Princess Victoria looks sad, maybe just tired. I don't mean to speculate about nothing. Just noticed cos her smile is usually megawatt, from mouth to eyes!
Old 12-10-2015, 04:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by wok_kym View Post
Somehow in close-ups Crown Princess Victoria looks sad, maybe just tired. I don't mean to speculate about nothing. Just noticed cos her smile is usually megawatt, from mouth to eyes!
How strange how opinions can always be so different - I was sitting earlier thinking how I always see such a glow/aura about CP Victoria and no matter what she is doing, she always looks amazing.

It would be a boring world if we all thought the same though
Old 12-10-2015, 04:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Cute
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Countess Bettina with her tiara
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0400010090...49780932185989
Old 12-10-2015, 04:59 PM
Heir Apparent

According to some in tumblr Sofia has requested a vegetarian dish, while princess Victoria asked for a gluten-free dish!I reallt hope she has not gotten celiac!
Old 12-10-2015, 05:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
According to some in tumblr Sofia has requested a vegetarian dish, while princess Victoria asked for a gluten-free dish!I reallt hope she has not gotten celiac!
That info is from Svensk Damtidning. Last year they claimed that Victoria had asked for a special dish, because she has lactose intolerance...
Old 12-10-2015, 05:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
That info is from Svensk Damtidning. Last year they claimed that Victoria had asked for a special dish, because she has lactose intolerance...

Hope that's right, because it would be less serious that celiac disease

Tags
the 2015 nobels