The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-08-2014, 06:01 PM
Nobility

There will not be any attendance from the Norwegian Royal Family during the events in Stockholm 10-11 of December, not if you look at the website if Norwegian Royal Court. I guess this was no big surprise, they are busy with their events in Norway.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:44 AM
Nobility

The table of honor for tomorrows banquet has been released.

Press - Nobel Media

Old 12-09-2014, 06:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
The table of honor for tomorrows banquet has been released.

Press - Nobel Media
Yes, and in 2009 Jonas was put to sit at the end of the table, but now Sofia sits beside Carl Philip in the middle of the table. She has got the speaker of the Parliament on the other side. Chris sits opposite them.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:52 AM
Heir Apparent

I can't understand very much... So where are CP, Sofia, Madde and Chris seated?
Old 12-09-2014, 06:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I can't understand very much... So where are CP, Sofia, Madde and Chris seated?
Click "Download document" and you see the whole Table of Honor.

"Like this Sofia sits at the Nobel fest". It is always about Sofia, not about Chris, although this is his debute too.
Så ska Sofia sitta under Nobelfesten Nyheter Expressen
Translation
Old 12-09-2014, 07:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
There will not be any attendance from the Norwegian Royal Family during the events in Stockholm 10-11 of December, not if you look at the website if Norwegian Royal Court. I guess this was no big surprise, they are busy with their events in Norway.

No, it´s not a surprise. But I do think there are enough members of the NRF present in Oslo while one of them could have flown to Stockholm (The King and Queen, of course, as most important members staying in Norway).
I think it would have been a fitting sign of respect towards the achievements of the norwegian Nobel laureats! A bit disappointing, though.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:19 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
No, it´s not a surprise. But I do think there are enough members of the NRF present in Oslo while one of them could have flown to Stockholm (The King and Queen, of course, as most important members staying in Norway).
I think it would have been a fitting sign of respect towards the achievements of the norwegian Nobel laureats! A bit disappointing, though.
I totally agree with you. Who knows when a Norwegian wins a Nobel prize again? Princess Märtha Louise could have attended in Stockholm. I think a member from the Norwegian Royal Family would have been very much appreciated by the Norwegian Nobel laureates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Yes, and in 2009 Jonas was put to sit at the end of the table, but now Sofia sits beside Carl Philip in the middle of the table. She has got the speaker of the Parliament on the other side. Chris sits opposite them.
It makes sense to me, as an engaged couple usually are seated next to each other. I would rather say that Jonas got a very odd place at the table in 2009.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:37 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Click "Download document" and you see the whole Table of Honor.

"Like this Sofia sits at the Nobel fest". It is always about Sofia, not about Chris, although this is his debute too.
Så ska Sofia sitta under Nobelfesten Nyheter Expressen
Translation
I can understand why. Sofia will stay in Sweden and become a working member of the Royal Family. Chris declined being part of the family and went back to New York instead. That decision may even cost his daughther her birth right to be in the line of succession. I see no reason for Swedes to warm up to Chris, irrespective of his being a nice person or not.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Off topic: I don't think Chris'd decision not to be a royal member is something bad...
Old 12-09-2014, 08:28 AM
Courtier

Are there any photos from the concert last evening?
Old 12-09-2014, 08:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
Are there any photos from the concert last evening?
I haven't seen any. Let's hope the court puts a couple to their website soon. No photos at the Nobel website and not at the photo agencies yet.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:52 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Off topic: I don't think Chris'd decision not to be a royal member is something bad...
I didn't say it was bad, or wrong for that matter. I just implied that, since Chris is not a member of the royal family, doesn't live in Sweden, and didn't even bother to learn the Swedish language, it is understandable that Swedes don't care too much about him.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:57 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't have the impression Swedes don't care much about him...They don't care much about Sofia for that matter too... (As several swedish posters have said here)
Old 12-09-2014, 09:28 AM
Courtier

I don't have a problem with Chris, but I can't say that he's my favourite either. I respect that he wanted to support himself and continue with his business, and declined a title. Good for him. But he's married to a Swedish princess. He speaks both german and English. Why don't make an effort to learn Swedish as well? I think that speaking Swedish would help his image. A lot.

However, when it comes to things like the Nobel prize dinner, this isn't a problem. There are so many english and german speaking guest that Chris can be seated with. I'm also quite sure that he's well educated in the art of making conversation, so he's not a problem at all for those who are planning the seating - quite the opposite.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Completely agree with you on that, he is more a free man then a man restricted by the rules of others who would be telling him how to live his life. And I bet this does not bother him in the least as he seems very comfortable in being who he is and he can just go and do his own thing in life....
Old 12-09-2014, 10:39 AM
Courtier

The Nobel Prize 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
I don't have a problem with Chris, but I can't say that he's my favourite either. I respect that he wanted to support himself and continue with his business, and declined a title. Good for him. But he's married to a Swedish princess. He speaks both german and English. Why don't make an effort to learn Swedish as well? I think that speaking Swedish would help his image. A lot.

However, when it comes to things like the Nobel prize dinner, this isn't a problem. There are so many english and german speaking guest that Chris can be seated with. I'm also quite sure that he's well educated in the art of making conversation, so he's not a problem at all for those who are planning the seating - quite the opposite.

In the infamous "Tihi" video the pair posted on the courts homepage at the time of their engagement Chris said "I'm learning swedish but it's hard" so at least at the time he tried to learn it. He had a good accent when saying it.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-09-2014, 12:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
In the infamous "Tihi" video the pair posted on the courts homepage at the time of their engagement Chris said "I'm learning swedish but it's hard" so at least at the time he tried to learn it. He had a good accent when saying it.
That video was posted more than two years ago. As far as I know, no one has heard him speak a word in Swedish since that. I would be happy if I'm wrong, but I don't think he's taking Swedish lessons or trying to learn Swedish in any other way.

But, as this is the Nobel thread, it sure isn't a problem when it comes to Nobel. He fits in perfectly here.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
As far as I know, no one has heard him speak a word in Swedish since that.
From previous interviews with the couple, he delivered his (private) wedding speech in Swedish and afterwards continued taking Swedish lessons.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:21 PM
Nobility

When does the ceremony start? (Sweden time is fine)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-10-2014, 01:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by robby86 View Post
When does the ceremony start? (Sweden time is fine)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
at 16.30.

Here is the link to SVT's live broadcast, starts at 16.25 according to the information now.
Nobel 2014: Prisutdelningen | SVT Play

You can also watch it from the website of the Nobel Foundation
Video - The Nobel Prize Award Ceremony 2014

Tags
awards, chris o'neill, crown princess victoria, king carl xvi gustav, nobel, nobel prize, prince carl philip, prince daniel, princess madeleine, prizes, queen silvia, stockholm