The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-06-2014, 12:29 PM
Aristocracy

They could break with protocol and let Chris sit on stage as he is married to Madeleine. However, I think that Chris, gentleman as he is, will sit with Sofia in the audience. This would give a better impression. If Jonas sat in the audience Sofia will as well.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Old 11-06-2014, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissRoyal View Post
They could break with protocol and let Chris sit on stage as he is married to Madeleine. However, I think that Chris, gentleman as he is, will sit with Sofia in the audience. This would give a better impression. If Jonas sat in the audience Sofia will as well.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Or both Madeleine and Chris could seat in the first row together with Princess Christina. And perhaps from next year also Carl Philip and Sofia. So that only the monarch and the Heir will be seated on stagfe in tzhe future.

Old 11-06-2014, 02:31 PM
Majesty

Did Chris attend the Nobel in 2012? Last year Madeleine was pregnant and they decided to stay in the USA but I don't remember if he attended when they were engaged...
Old 11-06-2014, 02:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Did Chris attend the Nobel in 2012? Last year Madeleine was pregnant and they decided to stay in the USA but I don't remember if he attended when they were engaged...
No, Chris didn't attend in 2012. The reason was that he had to work. Madeleine attended alone.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The Nobel events have been added to the calendar of the royal family.
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
The King and Queen will attend the Nobel Prize Concert in the Stockholm Concert Hall in December 8th. The first time in a few years someone from the Royal Family attend. What I remember Princess Christina has attended the event for some years.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:30 AM
Serene Highness

I really wonder if someone from the norwegian royal family will attend this year because of this year´s norwegian Nobel Prize laureats?
I remember dutch Willem Alexander and Félipe of Spain attending in the early 1990s, I think it was. But as far as I remember it wasn´t the actual ceremony, but the banquet at the palace one day later.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Taken from the information for the media, official programme for the Nobel Week:
Seated on the stage will be nearly 100 people. They are members of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, the Nobel Assembly of Karolinska Institutet and the Swedish Academy, members of the Board of Directors of the Nobel Foundation and previous Laureates.
In front of them will sit the 2014 Laureates and members of Sweden’s Royal Family: H.M. King Carl XVI Gustaf, H.M. Queen Silvia, H.R.H. Crown Princess Victoria and H.R.H. Prince Daniel.
H.R.H. Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist as well as H.R.H. Princess Madeleine and Christopher O’Neill will sit in the first row closest to the stage.
Press - Nobel Media

The king and queen sit on the first row on the stage and Victoria and Daniel behind them according to the seating plan.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Taken from the information for the media, official programme for the Nobel Week:
Seated on the stage will be nearly 100 people. They are members of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, the Nobel Assembly of Karolinska Institutet and the Swedish Academy, members of the Board of Directors of the Nobel Foundation and previous Laureates.
In front of them will sit the 2014 Laureates and members of Sweden’s Royal Family: H.M. King Carl XVI Gustaf, H.M. Queen Silvia, H.R.H. Crown Princess Victoria and H.R.H. Prince Daniel.
H.R.H. Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist as well as H.R.H. Princess Madeleine and Christopher O’Neill will sit in the first row closest to the stage.
Press - Nobel Media

The king and queen sit on the first row on the stage and Victoria and Daniel behind them according to the seating plan.

Actually i find it a good soultion that this year and probably also in the future only the reigning Couple and the Crown Princely Couple will seat on the stage. but i don't understand why the will not seat in one row.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:31 AM
Courtier

I don't think this makes much sense, IMO all members of the Royal family should be seated on stage, or else only the king and Queen sit on stage and everyone else in the stalls, since it's only the king who serves a function in the event by handing out the prizes....it'll look bizarre having members of the Royal family spread all over
Old 12-05-2014, 07:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Actually i find it a good soultion that this year and probably also in the future only the reigning Couple and the Crown Princely Couple will seat on the stage. but i don't understand why the will not seat in one row.
I agree, it would be good if this would be permanent sitting order. And it is great that finally Daniel gets to sit beside his wife and not behind her. But they could sit at one row.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

I guess they figure it'll be crowded on the stage to add two more chairs.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-05-2014, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Imo it makes sense to focus on the monarchs and the crown princess couple on the stage. Eight people up there will probably be a bit crowed. Also it is in line with the current trend to stream-line the royal families of many European countries. We see minor royals slowly moving to the side-lines in many countries, while the focus lies on the monarchs and the heirs.
Also I imagine the Chris will be quite glad that he doesn’t have to sit on centre stage, as he chose to decline a title and not to become a member of the Royal House.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:47 AM
Nobility

I have to admit I'm a little disappointed because I love seeing the family together up on the stage- but I realise I am being silly- this night is obviously to celebrate the recipients, and I guess we will be seeing less and less of CP and Madeleine.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

We will have to remember that the members of the royal family are at the ceremony as honorary guests of the Nobel Foundation. So the Foundation can decide whom they invite and decide the sitting order.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
We will have to remember that the members of the royal family are at the ceremony as honorary guests of the Nobel Foundation. So the Foundation can decide whom they invite and decide the sitting order.
On the other hand I believe that the Foundation and the RF cooperated closely together. When it comes to the Royal guests the Foundation will certainly discuss the details with the Royal House before the invitations are send out. The Nobel Foundation wouldn't make such a big decision without consulting with the King.
Old 12-06-2014, 10:00 AM
Serene Highness

The Nobel Prize 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
On the other hand I believe that the Foundation and the RF cooperated closely together. When it comes to the Royal guests the Foundation will certainly discuss the details with the Royal House before the invitations are send out. The Nobel Foundation wouldn't make such a big decision without consulting with the King.

I do think they discuss with the royal house but they may not. Remember they doesn't have to as the royal family ar "only" guests that night. The royal family must tell some months before the actual day who will come and who won't.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

SVT has a special website for the Nobels
Nobel SVT.se
Old 12-07-2014, 04:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Imo it makes sense to focus on the monarchs and the crown princess couple on the stage. Eight people up there will probably be a bit crowed. Also it is in line with the current trend to stream-line the royal families of many European countries. We see minor royals slowly moving to the side-lines in many countries, while the focus lies on the monarchs and the heirs.
Also I imagine the Chris will be quite glad that he doesn’t have to sit on centre stage, as he chose to decline a title and not to become a member of the Royal House.
Since CP and Madeleine always sat on the stage, they have been definitely "downgraded". I don't think that was the King's intention though. I suspect the Royal Court didn't agree to Chris and Sofia being on the stage whereas Madeleine and CP insisted they wouldn't be on the stage without their significant others.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Yes the Royal Family is not only guests, and the Royals are a very important part of the events.

I remember from one of the shows with Året med Kungafamiljen that the King was not satisfied with the tempo or speed of the procession at the beginning of the Banquet. I think that they very much do as the Court or the King want and that nothing is decided without an opinion from the Court.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

The king and queen attended this evening at the Nobel Prize Concert at the Stockholm Concert Hall. Waiting for better photos.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4W2ZJZCUAAKTAQ.jpg

The Nobel Prize Concert is held to honour the year's Nobel Laureates, who attend with their respective parties. About the concert:
This Year´s Nobel Prize Concert Nobelprize.org

Tags
awards, chris o'neill, crown princess victoria, king carl xvi gustav, nobel, nobel prize, prince carl philip, prince daniel, princess madeleine, prizes, queen silvia, stockholm