Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-08-2010, 08:20 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

The Nobel Prize 2010

The Nobel Prizes of 2010

Four of the five Nobel Prizes laureates have been announced over the course of this past week. The winner of the Economic Sciences Prize will be announced on Monday October 11th, at 11:00am GMT.

Physiology or Medicine - Robert G. Edwards; for the development of in vitro fertilization.
Physics - Andre Geim, Konstantin Novoselov; for groundbreaking experiments regarding the two-dimensional material graphene.
Chemistry - Richard F. Heck, Ei-ichi Negishi, Akira Suzuki; for palladium-catalyzed cross couplings in organic synthesis.
Literature - Mario Vargas Llosa; for his cartography of structures of power and his trenchant images of the individual's resistance, revolt, and defeat.

The awards ceremony will take place, as it does each year, in December in Stockholm, with the prizes being presented by HM King Carl XVI Gustaf.

Please remember the TRF Rules and FAQ when posting.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Maybe this year someone of the Spanish Royal Family could go to the Nobel Prizes. Mario Vargas Llosa was born in Peru, but since 1993 also has Spanish citizenship. He is close to the Royal Family, and he was invited to the Asturias wedding.

Old 10-31-2010, 05:19 AM
Royal Highness

My cousin is invited to attend the ceremony thi year. She is married to a relation of the Nobels and each year a certain number of family members get invited to the ceremony. This year she and her husband were invited. She is getting her dress made at the moment. I am very jealous!
Old 11-11-2010, 10:44 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
The Nobel Prizes of 2010

Four of the five Nobel Prizes laureates have been announced over the course of this past week. The winner of the Economic Sciences Prize will be announced on Monday October 11th, at 11:00am GMT.

Economic Sciences - Peter A. Diamond, Dale T. Mortensen, Christopher A. Pissarides; for their analysis of markets with search frictions.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:52 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
My cousin is invited to attend the ceremony thi year. She is married to a relation of the Nobels and each year a certain number of family members get invited to the ceremony. This year she and her husband were invited. She is getting her dress made at the moment. I am very jealous!
I really envy your cousins. It is cool to have cousins participating in such ceremony.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 11-12-2010, 01:49 AM
Aristocracy

Why this event is not yet in the calender of Swedish royal family? It's so soon anyway. And I wonder if Princess Madeleine takes part in it this year?
In the calender there is something else on December 10 for Silvia at least, is it a daytime event then? Isn't The Nobel Prize event on December 10, 2010?
My photos of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel in their official visit to Finland on 1-2 of November, 2010: Photos from Lahti and Photos from Helsinki.Check out also my royalty postcard collection.
I never thought Prince William would be faster than me to get married - but he is!

Old 11-12-2010, 03:58 AM
Courtier

Yes, the Nobel Prize event will be on December 10, 2010. I have to say that in the last days the calendar is updated really poorly, they add the events just a few days before they are scheduled, the visit to Norrbotten for example. I really hope the whole SRF will be present at Nobel Prize, would be nice to see them all together after all the media hysteria that's going on right now.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Nobility

I think this year will be one of the most watched Nobel prizes in Swedish history since everyone will want to know how the family reacts to the scandals
Old 11-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Serene Highness

I actually think it's a shame that so much focus is given to the SRF (and I love them!) rather than the achievements of the laureates, which is what the Nobel Prize is actually about.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
Literature - Mario Vargas Llosa; for his cartography of structures of power and his trenchant images of the individual's resistance, revolt, and defeat.

I am so happy for him! He is my favourite contemporary writer.
And he waited for this deserved Prize for so long...
Viva Peru!
Old 11-22-2010, 12:35 PM
Nobility

The Nobel prize awards start at 16.25 on SVT 1 December 10. The banquett begins at 20, same channel. I dont know if its on SVT-play, if you are lucky they might do that.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Serene Highness

If you miss it, they always upload the ceremony and banquet to nobelprize.org though I don't know how long it would take.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda View Post
If you miss it, they always upload the ceremony and banquet to nobelprize.org though I don't know how long it would take.
The awarding Ceremony can also be watched live at nobelprize.org. There it's in english.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 11-22-2010, 06:30 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The Nobel Prize Ceremony on December 10 is now listed on the calender at royalcourt.se:
Quote:
Utdelning av 2010-ĺrs Nobelpris, Stadshuset
Deltagare: Konung Carl XVI Gustaf, Drottning Silvia, Kronprinsessan Victoria, Prins Daniel, Prins Carl Philip
Quote:
Attendance at the 2010 Nobel Prize, City Hall
King Carl XVI Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel, Prince Carl Philip
and at the King's Nobel dinner on December 11th:

Quote:
Kungens middag för nobelpristagarna, Kungliga slottet
Deltagare: Konung Carl XVI Gustaf, Drottning Silvia, Kronprinsessan Victoria, Prins Daniel, Prins Carl Philip
Quote:
The King's gala dinner for the Nobel Prize Winners, Royal Palace of Stockholm
King Carl XVI Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel, Prince Carl Philip
Old 11-22-2010, 06:35 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

As i had read on "Svenskdam", Madeleine will not attend at those events
Old 11-30-2010, 11:25 AM
Aristocracy

I'm waiting so much to see prince Daniel first time at this event!

There will be live broadcast also at SVT website: http://svt.se/2.146551/nobelpriset_2010
My photos of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel in their official visit to Finland on 1-2 of November, 2010: Photos from Lahti and Photos from Helsinki.Check out also my royalty postcard collection.
I never thought Prince William would be faster than me to get married - but he is!

Old 12-01-2010, 07:52 AM
Serene Highness

Kungaparet och Kronprinsessparet informerades om ĺrets Nobelpristagare - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
The King, Queen, Crown Princess and Prince Daniel were briefed about this year's laureates yesterday. (Maybe so they could do some research on conversation topics? :)
Old 12-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Aristocracy

http://svt.se/2.146857/1.2241991/8_12_nobelkonserten
Nobelconcert will take place on 8th December at 21:50 Swedish time. I wonder if SVT has live broadcast for it also. They say royals would attend, but who?

Old 12-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessJenni View Post
Nobelpriset 2010 | svt.se
Nobelconcert will take place on 8th December at 21:50 Swedish time. I wonder if SVT has live broadcast for it also. They say royals would attend, but who?
SVT1 until 23.20
Old 12-06-2010, 05:41 AM
Aristocracy

tonight will be given the alternative nobel price. -will the royal family be there too?