The Nobel Prize 2002 - 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Too bad that Daniel wasn't there!! He will make his first appearance next year!!

Ladies were beautiful last night! the best one was still Victoria!

The Queen looked much better on the second night. What a gorgeous colour and the syle of the evening dress suits HM so very well.

After it was confirmed in the "Swedish-royal-family-forum" in the end of October that Daniel was vaccinated against swine flue than I can´t really understand why he didn´t attend the nobel prize festivities with the explanation that he will avoid to become sick with swine flue. How long does it last until the vaccine acts on?:cool:

After it was confirmed in the "Swedish-royal-family-forum" in the end of October that Daniel was vaccinated against swine flue than I can´t really understand why he didn´t attend the nobel prize festivities with the explanation that he will avoid to become sick with swine flue. How long does it last until the vaccine acts on?:cool:
The H1N1 vaccine is no guarantee against getting sick. It may protect you but it may not. There are more than one strain or mutation and with guests from so many countries it makes perfect sense that Daniel is staying away. Until his immune system is stronger even a cold could be much harder on him than most of us.

The H1N1 vaccine is no guarantee against getting sick. It may protect you but it may not. There are more than one strain or mutation and with guests from so many countries it makes perfect sense that Daniel is staying away. Until his immune system is stronger even a cold could be much harder on him than most of us.

I agree, Grevinnan. We all are excited about CP Victoria publicly appearing at functions, especially high-profile events, with her fiance. But I'm sure most of us would take every precaution and follow doctor's advice in this case. The Nobel Prize is an exciting event but this man's life is more important. I think it shows good judgement on his part as well as the CP and the royal family. Besides, it's not just that he might get sick. With his current medical condition, getting sick for Daniel is MUCH more risky than another man his age who had not recently undergone a serious medical procedure. If he got sick, his immune system is seriously deficient and he could die from an illness. Other events he has attended didn't have so many people from around the world, so this event was also a higher risk.

No matter what people feel about Daniel being a good/bad/appropriate choice as future Prince Consort, I don't think anyone would wish to see Victoria grieving over his death.

Rascal

I think the Queen's dress is a combination of colours from the 2 Princesses' dress. Just like the royal wedding in Denmark where Victoria wore green and Madeleine's light purple. A nice little touch!!

I agree. Better safe than sorry. No point in taking unnecessary risks.
Thanks Paty for the video link. :flowers:

I must confess that many times I prefer the royals of the past.
But the Queen of Sweden and the Princesses of Sweden impressed me by the way they wear gowns tiaras and jewelry, their happy smile, the way they accept the swedish protocole and way of life. The young royals received an exellent education.Well done TTMM.

And there was a case here in Sweden: a man with a new heart got the flu and his body started to puch the heart away... so to be careful is wise...

I loved the outfits from the kings dinner, Silvia looks awful though.
Was Daniel ever said to be attending the kings dinner? :)
Shame the bandeau can hardly to seen in Madelines hair.
I like both versions of Madelines dress.

Reasons for not attending the Nobel Ceremony

Hello to everyone on the forums. I know someone might be able to help with this question.

I know that Queen Silvia did not attend in 1980 because she was ill and Princess Lilian has not attended since 2006 due to her frailness and advanced age. Looking back, Victoria did not attend in 1996, 1998, 1999, and 2002. Does anyone know what the reasons were for the absences?

Also for Madeleine in 2001 and 2004, if possible.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rascal

Rascal, I know the princess(es) were abroad in some of the years you question. Additionally, Victoria was seeking medical attention for her reported eating disorders, which now, thank God, is in check.

The Nobel Prize 2010

The Nobel Prizes of 2010

Four of the five Nobel Prizes laureates have been announced over the course of this past week. The winner of the Economic Sciences Prize will be announced on Monday October 11th, at 11:00am GMT.

Physiology or Medicine - Robert G. Edwards; for the development of in vitro fertilization.
Physics - Andre Geim, Konstantin Novoselov; for groundbreaking experiments regarding the two-dimensional material graphene.
Chemistry - Richard F. Heck, Ei-ichi Negishi, Akira Suzuki; for palladium-catalyzed cross couplings in organic synthesis.
Literature - Mario Vargas Llosa; for his cartography of structures of power and his trenchant images of the individual's resistance, revolt, and defeat.http://openx.nobelprize.org/openx/w...l_prizes/literature/laureates/2010/index.html

The awards ceremony will take place, as it does each year, in December in Stockholm, with the prizes being presented by HM King Carl XVI Gustaf.

Please remember the TRF Rules and FAQ when posting.

Maybe this year someone of the Spanish Royal Family could go to the Nobel Prizes. Mario Vargas Llosa was born in Peru, but since 1993 also has Spanish citizenship. He is close to the Royal Family, and he was invited to the Asturias wedding.

My cousin is invited to attend the ceremony thi year. She is married to a relation of the Nobels and each year a certain number of family members get invited to the ceremony. This year she and her husband were invited. She is getting her dress made at the moment. I am very jealous!

The Nobel Prizes of 2010

Four of the five Nobel Prizes laureates have been announced over the course of this past week. The winner of the Economic Sciences Prize will be announced on Monday October 11th, at 11:00am GMT.

Economic Sciences - Peter A. Diamond, Dale T. Mortensen, Christopher A. Pissarides; for their analysis of markets with search frictions.

My cousin is invited to attend the ceremony thi year. She is married to a relation of the Nobels and each year a certain number of family members get invited to the ceremony. This year she and her husband were invited. She is getting her dress made at the moment. I am very jealous!
I really envy your cousins. It is cool to have cousins participating in such ceremony. :flowers:

Why this event is not yet in the calender of Swedish royal family? It's so soon anyway. And I wonder if Princess Madeleine takes part in it this year?
In the calender there is something else on December 10 for Silvia at least, is it a daytime event then? Isn't The Nobel Prize event on December 10, 2010?

Last edited:
:previous: Yes, the Nobel Prize event will be on December 10, 2010. I have to say that in the last days the calendar is updated really poorly, they add the events just a few days before they are scheduled, the visit to Norrbotten for example. I really hope the whole SRF will be present at Nobel Prize, would be nice to see them all together after all the media hysteria that's going on right now.

I think this year will be one of the most watched Nobel prizes in Swedish history since everyone will want to know how the family reacts to the scandals

I actually think it's a shame that so much focus is given to the SRF (and I love them!) rather than the achievements of the laureates, which is what the Nobel Prize is actually about.

Literature - Mario Vargas Llosa; for his cartography of structures of power and his trenchant images of the individual's resistance, revolt, and defeat.

I am so happy for him! He is my favourite contemporary writer.
And he waited for this deserved Prize for so long...:wub:
Viva Peru!

The Nobel prize awards start at 16.25 on SVT 1 December 10. The banquett begins at 20, same channel. I dont know if its on SVT-play, if you are lucky they might do that.

If you miss it, they always upload the ceremony and banquet to nobelprize.org though I don't know how long it would take.

If you miss it, they always upload the ceremony and banquet to nobelprize.org though I don't know how long it would take.

The awarding Ceremony can also be watched live at nobelprize.org. There it's in english.

Back
Top Bottom