The Nobel Prize 2002 - 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are there two concerts? I was reading about the schedule in the Norway thread, and there was a mention that the concert was scheduled for 11 December. Does Sweden have a separate concert?

Yes, the Nobel Concert (as opposed to the Nobel Peace Prize Concert) took place Monday night as part of Stockholm Nobel week. Quite an elaborate affair with great classic music, see the information from the official website:

http://nobelprize.org/nobelmedia/concert/2008/

The concert was broadcast live on Swedish TV, it was attended by the King and Queen, the Crown Princess and Princess Christina, and it’s quite incomprehensible that the photo agencies don’t seem to have pics of the evening…

Thank you, Boris for the clarification.:flowers: I am also wondering why photos of this concert have not yet been released. I tried to search for them a few minutes ago, but came up empty-handed. Does anyone know if Princess Madeline and Prince Carl Philip attended the concert with the rest of their family?

No, Princess Madeleine and Prince Carl Philip weren't present at the concert.
Of course they will attend the award ceremony and following banquet tomorrow, and probably also the annual ‘Day After’ gala dinner given by the King for the Nobel laureates at Stockholm Palace on Thursday.
In the meantime, the Nobel Academy has released the seating plan for the banquet’s table of honor tomorrow, here it is:

http://nobelprize.org/nobelfoundation/press/2008/table-of-honor.html

I still hope that pics from yesterday’s concert will turn up, the lack of any is rather annoying.

Thought it would be interesting to see some pictures of the security measures prior to the Award-ceremony:

ANP Beeldbank a policeman with a snifferdog search the rows of the Concert Hall

ANP Beeldbank another sniffer dog searching the stage

Last edited by a moderator:
The queen is wearing the dress from state visit in Danmark last year - she looks beautiful.

The crown princess and princess Madeleine wearing new dresses!

The queen is wearing the Connaugh tiara + the pink topas necklace, Victoria is wearing the Baden fringe tiara, Madeleine is wearing "her" usual fringe tiara, Princess Christina is wearing her own small tiara - wich I think that she has mounted on a frame (i don´t recall seeing it like that before - does anyone know?), not with very much success imo... sort of like a smaller version of the six-button tiara :nonono:

but from the little i can see of the dresses they look good! Silvias dress ofcourse we all know (and i love), Victorias dress is new and looks good, Madeleines dress is also new but i haven´t really viewed it enough to give a comment on it - looks kind of strange with a little "jacket" around the shoulders...

Here's a pic without watermarks:

Swedish royal family at the Nobel Prize award ceremony in the
conert hall in Stockholm, Sweden Wednesday December 10 2008.

----> Pic

And some more:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Last edited:
Queen Silvia looks beautiful and regal, and this year she wears gloves for the first
time at Nobel. The swedish newspapers doesn´t think it suits her. When she wore
the dress in Denamrk last year, she didn´t have gloves, but that event took place in the early summer, not in midwinter... I find her very elegant with the long gloves. But Victoria is Nr 1 Fashion Queen this year imo.

Victoria looks lovely in her dress .good to see her in a New dress

The queen looks very good-as always- but IMO Victoria is the best, she looks absolutely gogeous. Madeleine´s dress is not the best I´ve seen, I don´t like it...:nonono:

About Queen Silvia and her gloves - she actually wore gloves 1979 at Nobel.
But never since until this year.

I think the three Swedish royal ladies have all hit home runs tonight. Their outfits and choice of jewelry are fabulous!

I think, however, that Madeline's "jacket" was a last minute addition to cover up any decolletage! It looked fabulous, anyway!

:ROFLMAO:

The concert was wonderful. svt.se - Play landningssida

Many time before the end of the concert (55min.+1.10.37) the camera stop at the royal couple and crown princess louge - do you can made screen of this moment and give us a link to this pic?

I still hope that pics from yesterday’s concert will turn up, the lack of any is rather annoying.

IMO all of the royal ladies looked beautiful. I watched the ceremony in the internet and it was very good, although I do not like the voice over for the translation from swedish into english. I think it would be better to hear only the original sound. The voice over gets on my nerves.

Can't wait to see more pictures of the evening.
And of course there will be more fantastic pictures tomorrow. I am wondering if the royal ladies will wear new dresses tomorrow too. In my oppinion Queen Silvia could wear a new dress tomorrow. Not sure about the dresses of Madeleine and Victoria. I would love when Victoria would wear an old dress. The one she wore at the statebanquet at the statevisit from Luxembourg in April this year. Here is a picture of the dress: ANP Beeldbank

The queen looks very good-as always- but IMO Victoria is the best, she looks absolutely gogeous. Madeleine´s dress is not the best I´ve seen, I don´t like it...:nonono:

Oh I think its nice to see the Queen in a "normal" gown again - I didnt like last year and 2006... And Victoria :clap::clap::clap: today!!! And Madeleines hair is sooooooo beautiful!

I think, the ladies wear old dresses tomorrow evening.

Silvia❦CarlGustaf;865471 said:
Can't wait to see more pictures of the evening.
And of course there will be more fantastic pictures tomorrow. I am wondering if the royal ladies will wear new dresses tomorrow too. In my oppinion Queen Silvia could wear a new dress tomorrow. Not sure about the dresses of Madeleine and Victoria. I would love when Victoria would wear an old dress. The one she wore at the statebanquet at the statevisit from Luxembourg in April this year. Here is a picture of the dress: ANP Beeldbank

Again, no photos from the Prince....

Important point! I was watching TV together v my kids and I caught myself making komments on the ladies only, but my 4 year old son said : "There is the King" and that remind me of the gender thing... and then we was looking at the prince and the King too.... and they was very very handsom as always... but they didnt have new colours on their outfits :D and my daughter (6 y) said about the men "why are they so black"... but then we started to look for their orders, medals and decorations ant that was fun. Light blue on the royals. Light blue on Horas Engdahl.Red on the foreign minister Carl Bilt and red on one of the prize winners...

I just forgot about Nobel's gala.

I really like Silvia's dress.
I don't know what to think about princesses dresses. Victoria's dress looks nice but is little boring. I would change something on the top. Madeleine's dress looks quite well but I don't like this bolero. What she was thinkin to wear it!

I think the three Swedish royal ladies have all hit home runs tonight. Their outfits and choice of jewelry are fabulous!

I think, however, that Madeline's "jacket" was a last minute addition to cover up any decolletage! It looked fabulous, anyway!

:ROFLMAO:
Most women do not have their "decolletage" on their shoulders but rather on the front of their chests.

Most women do not have their "decolletage" on their shoulders but rather on the front of their chests.

Good, that we have our little pro in anatomy, maybe the Nobel Prize Committee will give a prize in "medicine" for this highly scientific observation ;)

Nice colour on Victoria. The little extra at the cleavage looks a bit too much "circus" for me.
IMO she had looked a bit angry tonight, which had just added a lot to her looks :wub:

I am liking, that the Queen is wearing gloves and I am glad, she is "off Yuki", after two years with his dresses.

Madeleine...undecided. That Lars Wallin is the designer, makes me automatically judging it more negatively (talking about being neutral ;) )

Carl Philip got his hair cut :clap:

I am liking Princess Christina´s dress. After a heavy serie of recycling...it seems to be new

princess Madelaines bolero remindes me of the "thing" my grandmother would throw over her shoulders in the morning while doing her hair, to protect her clothes from hair and hairspray, etc... :)

Back
Top Bottom