The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
So the court did confirm that Princess Madelaine has diarrhea? I am all in favour of openness at the Royal Courts but here they are going a bit over the top .
That's exactly what I thought! Gee, I wouldn't want to have the whole world knowing that I'm having diarrhea and am throwing up...
Here she already looks not so good:
Gala.de - Nobel mit Krone und Musik - Party

Old 12-13-2007, 04:48 AM
Serene Highness

Over the past few years, there was always a reception given by the Swedish royal couple in Stockholm for the Nobel Peace Price laureates two days after the Nobel Peace Price ceremony in Oslo.

Does anyone know why this did not take place this year for Al Gore and the IPCC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alva View Post
The Nobel Peace Prize ceremony always takes place in Oslo, Norway, not in Stockholm, Sweden. That is due to the fact that Sweden and Norway were in a Union at the time when Alfred Nobel died. Its according to his will that the Peace Prize cermony is in Norway.
That ceremony is not as formal as the cermony in Sweden, and the dinner is not open for the public eye. Take a look in the Norweigan section, I think you will find some pictures there!

Old 12-14-2007, 05:21 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulajohanna View Post
Over the past few years, there was always a reception given by the Swedish royal couple in Stockholm for the Nobel Peace Price laureates two days after the Nobel Peace Price ceremony in Oslo.

Does anyone know why this did not take place this year for Al Gore and the IPCC?
It looks like both Nobel Peace Prize laureates were in Sweden on December 12, 2007. I have no idea whether they met with Swedish royal couple or not.

Nobel Peace Prize laureates Al Gore and Rajendra K. Pachauri with the Prime Minister of Sweden, Fredrik Reinfeldt, during a press conference at the Swedish House of Parliament in Stockholm, Sweden, December 12, 2007

12.12.2007 ANP Beeldbank

Nobel Peace laureate Muhammad Yunes and Swedish Queen and King on December 13, 2006. Crown Princess Victoria was also present at the meeting last year.

13.12.2006 ANP Beeldbank
Old 12-15-2007, 04:13 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess View Post
That is not correct. The King's annual dinner for the Nobel Laureates is an evening gala dinner.
You are correct. And thank you for providing the correct spelling of "Laureates".

However, it seems to me that around 2000, I read it was a lunchtime affair. Is this still a wrong perception?
Old 12-15-2007, 07:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Still a wrong perception as the second evening event has always been a white tie gala dinner at Stockholm Palace, popularly known in Sweden as 'Day After Dinner'.
Maybe you mixed it up with a lunch for the winner of the Nobel Peace Prize, discussed above, which didn't take place this year for whatever reason.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulajohanna View Post

I think it was because the Nobel Peace Prize winners were only in Stockholm for a few hours, Al Gore just landed here a while and then flew to the UN climate meeting in Bali. So I suppose it had been decided in agreement with the Royal Court that the lecture in the Parliament and following press conference with the PM was a priority as there was simply no time for a luncheon anyway.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Courtier

All the royal women look regal but I don't like the print on Victoria's gown. I think it would've been better if it was plain black. Those kind of gowns are better left plain IMO. Madeleine's was ok but she looked really pretty. Silvia's gown was very eye-catching not to mention the red color plus the wide sleeves...I actually like Victoria's second gown from the dinner, the light-blue one. Silvia is like Maxima, both of them loves strong colors.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:01 AM

The Getty Images Gallery
37 Images
Old 12-17-2007, 10:53 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks to all for the links and lovely pictures of the Nobel event!

It's the first Nobel since 30 years which Queen Silvia wear a NEW dress. All the years she wear a dress which she wear during the years, for example by state visits or Galas.

Why didn't she wear this year the beautiful state visit (first days) dress "Danemark" or "Austria". She look by both Gala very lovely. I don't need the new dress this year.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Tags
nobel, nobel prize