The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Nobility

Does the Royal Family also dance at this event?

And why did they give Madeleine the German Grünberg? Wouldn't communication be easier if he was seated next to Silvia?

Old 12-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen88 View Post
Does the Royal Family also dance at this event?

And why did they give Madeleine the German Grünberg? Wouldn't communication be easier if he was seated next to Silvia?
The Royal family never dance in public at the Nobel-price festivitas

There are traditions and roules about whome is sitting whith HM Queen Silvia.

Old 12-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen88 View Post
The Queen speaks six languages so I think she can manage most events fine no matter who she's next too, and besides she speaks enough German during her trips and they had lots of opportunity to speak after the banquet

About the setting at the table of honour, I think the Laureates are seated at the table of honour in accordance with their Nobel Prize, the "dignity" of each prize is set out by the order it was mentioned in Alfred Nobel's will. So those seats next to the highest ranking officials (the royals) are permanent, only the actual person/Laureate shift from year to year.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:24 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Nice dresses for Victoria and Madelaine, esp. Madelaine´s dress is very different (usually the Swedish princesses have dresses that seem interchangable to me). Madelaine´s hair was nice too and I loved the big pearl earrings she was wearing. The black part at the bottom of the dress looks nice too.

Victoria´s dress would have been nicer if the ´white´ wouldn´t have ended so abruptly in the middle, but still it was a lovely dress! And this must have been the first time I have seen Victoria with one of the Jeep tiara´s that it doesn´t look ugly. So thumbs up for that too (though I still wonder why they put two diamond bases there). The brooch was absolutely gorgeous, as was the pendant of her necklace (the pendant would make a lovely brooch).

The Queen ... I feared the worst after her visit to Latin America but it seems the worst effects of her ´cure´ have faded and she looks less plastic. Her hair is absolutely wonderful and it matches the tiara very well (though I don´t particulary like the design of the nine prongs tiara), the cross pendant isn´t something I enjoyed (I hated the one on Sophie Wessex pearl necklace too) as a cross of this size reminds me of those you put on a coffin ... not that those come in diamonds of course . The dress of HM.... it depends on what picture I see, in some pictures it looks very nice and in others it looks as if she just took a couple of loose red pieces of cloth and threw them over each other. Still, despite all that it has a nice dramatic tone and HM looks very royal indeed, which is most important to me.

Now I do think these orders are rather unfortenate for women, to have such a thing over a dress etc. the ribbon is hard enough but the portrait of the king.... I notice that they pin that one as much to the side as they can. I remember a picture of Princess Martha-Louise who had a simular order/portrait of her father in her armpit.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Serene Highness

I think all the ladies look pretty good. The dark red is really lovely on Madeleine. I don't love the mix of colors on Victoria's dress, but the cut is great and her hair and tiara look really nice. Silvia does look very regal in her dress and jewelry.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quite dissapointed this year. Last year was an extroardinary display but this year falls quite short of anything so splendid.

I favour the Nine Prong for Silvia but I'm not much for the hair being out and whatever it was that she wore, I hope never see's the light of day again. A walking frame of tomato soup...

I quite like the button tiara nowadays...it's grown on me. Infact, it's probably one of my favourite tiara's in the swedish collection and I think both Madeleine or Victoria wear it well.

Would have much preferred Victoria's gown to be a one piece and all black, but the cut flattered her well. Didn't think much of the brooch attatched to the necklace.

Madeleine chose a nice colour, though the actual gown was a bit drab.

The 'guys' always look dashing. Would be kind of hard for them not to really.

Here's to next year!

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 12-10-2007, 11:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Some new photos:
Victoria
ANP Beeldbank
Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Photo gallery/Expressen
Photo gallery/Aftonbladet

To me by far the best lady last night was Crown Princess Victoria. She looked absolutely stunning, radiant. Everything was great: the dress, the makeup, the jewels.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:31 AM
Heir Apparent

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2007...l-suecia5a.jpg
http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2007...l-suecia8a.jpg
http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2007...l-suecia6a.jpg

(HOLA)
Old 12-11-2007, 01:49 AM
Royal Highness

I think Vicotria and Madeleine looked lovely. I think Madeleine looks the best, but I don't see how her dress is trendy or even something that would appear on Hollywood's red carpet like one fashion commentator mentioned. I think it's kind of tame or conservative by red carpet standards. I'm not too cazy about Queen Silvia's look this year. I think it's the sleeves that kill it. They remind me of the sleeves on the Russian Court dresses. Maybe if the skirt was full and the sleeves didn't totally hide the Queen's hands when her arms hang down.....her hair and jewelry are stunning though. Was anything said about where Princess Lillian was this year and why she wasn't in attendance? On an aside, do you think that when CP Victoria becomes queen she can unite the 4 and 6 button tiaras into a prettier tiara?
Old 12-11-2007, 04:55 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
The 'guys' always look dashing. Would be kind of hard for them not to really.

Here's to next year!
Next year? Madame, the ladies will have a second chance tonight already during the gala. So more dresses, jewels and a dashing guy in a uniform/suit.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:25 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Gallery from Belga Picture

BelgaPicture - Category details
Old 12-11-2007, 06:01 AM
Nobility

The women are all gorgeous Especially Princess Madeleine

Thank you all for posting the pics.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:13 AM
Heir Apparent

For anyone interested in the Nobel prize winners - you can watch their lectures at the Nobel site, or read it in several languages: Nobel Lectures 2007

Doris Lessing's lecture is, ironically, called "On not winning the Nobel" and is quite interesting. Doris Lessing - Nobel Lecture
Old 12-11-2007, 08:25 AM
Aristocracy

I know that Victoria is future queen but I can't deny that princess Madeleine shines and is much more beautiful than Victoria. All dresses were beautiful but I think that queen's dress was most interesting. But there were 2 bad things for me too: 1. no new tiaras for Victoria and Madeleine, 2. queen silvia face looked beautiful but it was like a mask.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:30 AM
Commoner

May I ask, and please do forgive me my ignorance, but why are there separate ceremonies held in Sweden and Norway? I thought that the Nobel who established the prize was from Sweden.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:54 AM
Commoner

Nobel Peace Prize is given in Norway and all other in Sweden.

No known reason why.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenw View Post
May I ask, and please do forgive me my ignorance, but why are there separate ceremonies held in Sweden and Norway? I thought that the Nobel who established the prize was from Sweden.
At the time Alfred Nobel died, 1896 - Norway and Sweden were one country. I've read various theories as to why he selected Oslo, (Because Norway was more eager to have peaceful resolutions to conflict, at the time, more democratic, or he was influenced by author Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson who was a peace-activist at the time, etc. etc.) As he did not mention a reason in his will, it becomes guess-work.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Serene Highness

All three lady's looked Amazing I like what Victoria is wearing .
Old 12-11-2007, 12:43 PM
Aristocracy

tonight is there an gala for the winners of the nobelprizeaward at the royal palace
Old 12-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnessa View Post
I know that Victoria is future queen but I can't deny that princess Madeleine shines and is much more beautiful than Victoria. All dresses were beautiful but I think that queen's dress was most interesting. But there were 2 bad things for me too: 1. no new tiaras for Victoria and Madeleine, 2. queen silvia face looked beautiful but it was like a mask.
I have to agree, the Queen looks to me like she's had some work done on her face. She looks about 10 years younger than she did a couple of months ago. I may be totally wrong and it may just be the make up she's wearing.

Tags
nobel, nobel prize