The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-15-2006, 03:05 AM
Commoner

I just wish that people would get off of CP about the dresses. I think it's more important that she takes her duties seriously as the CP. I know that the monarchy's role in today's world is ceremonial, but as long as she's dressed appropriately, then it's okay with me that she recycles dresses. Maybe she's more concerned with important things. The poor thing is already plain compared to her siblings that it really doesn't matter what she wears. And to me sometimes Madeleine looks like an ompa loompa from the Wizard of Oz movie. She should give the tanning cream a rest.

Old 12-15-2006, 07:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
The royal family is representing Sweden and its monarchy at the Nobel festivities. The late gathering is for certain guests to let loose. It would not be appropriate for any member of the royal family to attend. I applaud Silvia for maintaining the royal standard at official functions. She has an excellent judgement of when to be royal and when not to be.
Silvia“s excellent judgement must always fail, when Madeleine is celebrating with the Stureplan brats gang
Better to party with the elite in brain work, than with a crowd of ppl, who even doesn“t know, how to spell "hard work"

Old 12-15-2006, 10:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Silvia“s excellent judgement must always fail, when Madeleine is celebrating with the Stureplan brats gang
Better to party with the elite in brain work, than with a crowd of ppl, who even doesn“t know, how to spell "hard work"
I agree going to a party with the smartest people in the world where the press is not allowed would hardly be scandalous, I would be delighted if my daughter wanted to talk more to the nobel laureate in physics, compared to their usual crowd who conists of inherited money and people working in TV/the club scene/interior decorating. Some new impulses would hardly hurt.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really don't know why a discussion about who of the Swedish Royal Couple's children is socializing with whoever would be an important issue... compared to other Royal Families, they are all doing pretty well IMHO!
Reverting to the original subject of this thread - the 2006 Nobel festivities - I noted that Queen Silvia wore part of the amethyst parure along with the Connaught tiara for the 2nd dinner, putting on the amethyst necklace without its pendant, and Princess Madeleine wore the sapphire brooch from the Leuchtenberg parure as a pendant on her diamond necklace - a first for the both of them, I believe.
I agree that Princess Madeleine's light blue dress on the 2nd night didn't fit too well but it's still a very nice gown.
Maybe the pure speculaton about Mother/Daughter talk could give way to just looking at pics and commenting on them...?
Old 12-16-2006, 12:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

I loved Madelines look for the Awards. Her hair was amazing. She outshined Victoria. I have seen that look on her too many times. Its alright, but for such an importent event there should be something new. Also, Princess Lillian blows me away. She is the very essence of royalty.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:04 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by afro1920
I just wish that people would get off of CP about the dresses. I think it's more important that she takes her duties seriously as the CP. I know that the monarchy's role in today's world is ceremonial, but as long as she's dressed appropriately, then it's okay with me that she recycles dresses. Maybe she's more concerned with important things. The poor thing is already plain compared to her siblings that it really doesn't matter what she wears. And to me sometimes Madeleine looks like an ompa loompa from the Wizard of Oz movie. She should give the tanning cream a rest.

i totally agree with you on the CP. The dress was beautiful and who cares if it is recylced. If she wore a new dress for every occasion then people would criticize her for spending too much money unnecessarily. I loved both of the dresses she wore.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:56 PM
Gentry

madeleine looks so good. she is so beautiful. i like the bluo-violet dress.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Courtier

I dont think this pics have been posted, I found them in Aftonbladet, and took the liberty to photoshop it a bit so it would look clearer

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/11...lphilip210.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/11...abarnen438.jpg

Link to article
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...951131,00.html
Old 01-04-2007, 05:31 PM
Commoner

Carl Philip is the best!! It's my favorite!!!!!
Old 01-14-2007, 04:49 PM
Gentry

Madeleine and Victoria always look wonderful. It reminds me to sit up straight and keep a pleasant face whenever possible- to be a lady in these times when it is so accepted to be slobbish!
Old 01-15-2007, 01:42 AM
Aristocracy

I wonder how many girls swoon over Carl Philip?
Old 03-16-2013, 10:30 AM
Majesty

i think was the last year lilian took part of nobel, am i right?
Old 04-01-2013, 03:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Some photos
http://aether.lbl.gov/Images/06_03_sthlm.jpg
http://aether.lbl.gov/Images/royal2.jpg
http://aether.lbl.gov/Images/royal3.jpg
http://aether.lbl.gov/Images/royal4.jpg
http://aether.lbl.gov/Images/CUbanquet.jpg
Old 04-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
i think was the last year lilian took part of nobel, am i right?
Yes, it was the last time princess Lilian attended the Nobel Prize Ceremonies, but only the award ceremony, not the dinner afterwards. Princess Lilian was disappointed for not attending the dinner, but I guess the reason for that decision was that she had already shown signs of suffering from Alzheimer's. Princess Lilian attended the dinner at the Royal Castle for the Nobel Laureates and was seated between Carl Philip and the Swedish Marshal of the Realm, I would say it was a "safe" seating for her.