The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-12-2006, 09:38 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
I agree. I believe that their individual styles speaks volumes as to who they are and what their roles are/will be. Victoria is more cautious in her style. And that is all right with me since I do tend to be more conservative. So I do favor the Crown Princess more.

Old 12-13-2006, 03:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

That dark blue dress that Madeleine wore is by far the best dress she's ever worn to this event. I never though that red dress would get eclipsed in my mind, but it did. It is one of my favorite colors anyway, and it looks so good on her because she is just tan enough that dark colors don't wash her out. She gets an A+++++ from me for that dress. Wow. I want the dress for myself!

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 12-13-2006, 03:31 AM
Majesty

i also liked the dress a lot that madeleine wore and she had a soft hairstyle

can it be that victoria will have many new dresses next year due to something grand and big event ;-) and they want to spend the dress money for that instead
Old 12-13-2006, 03:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodora82
Pictures of Madeleine and Victoria for the nobel dinner today ( link Polfoto )

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/9...polfotouy2.jpg

This picture of Victoria is alarming to me for some reason. Her face particularly, looks absolutely skeletal. Maybe it's just lighting/camera angle or something, but she looks really, really bad. I know she had issues with eating disorders in the past, and I sincerely hope it's not rearing its ugly head again.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 12-13-2006, 05:08 AM
Royal Highness

http://www.hola.com/galeria-de-image...bseccion=sueca

Is Madeliene wearing one of the Buttons from the hideous Button Tiaras as a brooch on her sash?
Old 12-13-2006, 08:44 AM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
This picture of Victoria is alarming to me for some reason. Her face particularly, looks absolutely skeletal. Maybe it's just lighting/camera angle or something, but she looks really, really bad. I know she had issues with eating disorders in the past, and I sincerely hope it's not rearing its ugly head again.
I was thinking a little back how great Victoria looked. I hope she isn't relapsing, too. I'm keeping my finger crossed.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:09 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168
http://www.hola.com/galeria-de-image...bseccion=sueca

Is Madeliene wearing one of the Buttons from the hideous Button Tiaras as a brooch on her sash?
no that is another broche
Old 12-13-2006, 12:11 PM
Courtier

but this isnt the dress for this year! wasnt madeleine wearing black and victoria pink/red?
Old 12-13-2006, 02:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1
but this isnt the dress for this year! wasnt madeleine wearing black and victoria pink/red?

There were two seperate events. One where Madeleine wore dark blue and Victoria wore red, and another where Madeleine wore a light blue and Victoria wore a light blue as well. They are both from this year.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939
I thought victoria looked fab !! didnt much like Madeliene, really dont like loose fitting dress's much .
i think the dark blue ''pregnancy'' dress Madeleine was wearing is supposed to hide her waist and the fact that she's been living in New York for the past year. For some reason, gravity or whatever, one tends to gain weight there.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:40 PM
Commoner

Can anybody translate this Article
Sorry but i don't speak swedish.
It sound very interessting!
Please help me!!

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...951491,00.html

Thanks
Old 12-13-2006, 05:41 PM
Aristocracy

The first half of the article translated with Systran and my modifications (to make it comprehensible) (The last part of the article doesn't involve the princesses).

They weren't allowed to go on the after-party

(Text under the princess picture) WANTED TO PARTY but Silvia said no enlig the physics prizewinner George F Smoot.

(Small pictures from the after-party)

Silvia was firm to Madeleine and Victoria
Victoria and Madeleine were stopped from Nobelbankettens exclusive after-party this night.
Queen Silvia did not want that kungabarnen (the king's children) went to the wild party.
- Madeleine wanted actually to come, says the physics prizewinner George F Smoot.
Aftonbladet met him during the exclusive after-party ''Noble Night Cap'' in the School of Businesses of Stockholm this night.
He disclosed that Madeleine, that where his lady dinner partner during the dinner, gladly had partied further with the prizewinners.
- both Madeleine and Victoria wanted to go, but the queen stopped them. She did not want to to see her children on such a untidy party. Moreover, Victoria was to get up early and study hard, says he.

Until five this morning
At mdnight the selected guests left the Nobelfesten.
Kungafamiljen (the royal family), the noble prizewinners and a few other prominent guests around the table of honour (the main table) each invited persons from the business community, the parliament and the government.
- very few and specially selected guests are allowed to this party in order for the prizewinners to relax and actually to enjoy that the won a Nobel prize, says party director Erik Nilsson.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:36 PM
Commoner

Thank you!!!

I think its very funny that the princesses heard about what her mother say.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:35 PM
Courtier

Perhaps Queen Silvia was worried going to a party like that might give the Princesses a bad reputation or get negitive press even though I do not see why they could have not attended. After all they are sensible young ladies and would never do anything to give themselves a bad name.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:03 PM
Aristocracy

or perhaps the somewhat ... eh let's say jovial Nobel Prize Winner that Aftonbladet met at some point in the night, simply felt so enchanted by princess Madeleine, and so his remarks were cut right out as headlines.

Besides, it sounds better / more appropriate for princess Madeleine to say to him ''no I can't go to the afterparty because my mom forbids me'' rather than ''no I don't wanna see drunken Noble Prize Winners who behave like they never seen booze before, I've seen it once before and the impression last for a lifetime, thank you very much''.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneborn
or perhaps the somewhat ... eh let's say jovial Nobel Prize Winner that Aftonbladet met at some point in the night, simply felt so enchanted by princess Madeleine, and so his remarks were cut right out as headlines.

Besides, it sounds better / more appropriate for princess Madeleine to say to him ''no I can't go to the afterparty because my mom forbids me'' rather than ''no I don't wanna see drunken Noble Prize Winners who behave like they never seen booze before, I've seen it once before and the impression last for a lifetime, thank you very much''.
Yes, I could also imagine it was Madeleine´s (and Victoria´s) gallant way of saying no and passing the puck to Momma.
The interesting thing about this story is though, that not many seem to have problems to believe it. And IMO this is the result of maaaany "Mamma says this", "Mamma says that..." and "Pappa would be not amused..." statements (done by all three of Silvia´s children), of Victoria living very close to her parents, of Victoria coming up with her doggy as the person, she is in love with. The Bernadottes seem like a close nuclear family and I admire this really. But sometimes I wonder, when and if Victoria, who soon will turn 30 will ever "grow up". Of course it´s the same about Carl Philip and Madeleine...
Old 12-14-2006, 05:48 PM
Nobility

That's so cute how Madeleine and Victoria still listen to there Mom. I bet that Silvia stills talks to them like they were five-year-olds.

Maybe she would've let them go if Carl Philip went with them?

Old 12-15-2006, 12:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Errhh... well. I'm rather late with my comments on this year's Nobel festivities featuring my favorite Royal Family because I hae been so busy, but here I go, regarding the main ceremony:
Queen Silvia:
A daring choice. Not a great dress by any means but I admire her for being unpredictable. Last year, she looked too much like the Royal Matriarch... this year, she went for something new. I can't help but like that gown, as strange as it looks at first view... it grows on me really. Those pleats and the back view show some dress maker's expertise... The dress looked much better on TV than it photographed on pics because the fabric was floating nicely, IMHO.
CP Victoria: So nice, such a great color, the tiara that suits her best... but predictable and somewhat boring. She still needs to find her own style I think... those Lars Wallin dresses are fine but they don't allow for any individuality...
Princess Lilian: Great. What a classy lady... I don't care at all if anybody thinks she's showing too much cleavage at her age - she's just looking fabulous. Great color, great fabric, great appearance...
Princess Madeleine: Close to perfection. Wonderful dress, just the right combination in-between of being fashionable and still presenting a Royal look.
Princess Christina: Terrible. The steel-cut tiara just looks awful with the pink topaz demi-parure...
This might not have been one of the best Nobel's, but it certainly was a most interesting one!
Old 12-15-2006, 02:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

The royal family is representing Sweden and its monarchy at the Nobel festivities. The late gathering is for certain guests to let loose. It would not be appropriate for any member of the royal family to attend. I applaud Silvia for maintaining the royal standard at official functions. She has an excellent judgement of when to be royal and when not to be.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:10 AM
Aristocracy

I think Madeleine looked great in the dark blue dress but I think the light blue was too big. I did not like her hairstyle in either dress. Victoria looked pretty but she seems like she has lost weight and does not look as healthy as Madeleine.
As far as them listening to their mom, I think that since they are royalty they pretty much have to listen because they have to meet the royal standard not unless they rebel against their mom and make the family look bad. No, they are not those kind of girls. I think Silvia knows what she is doing and she told them that for a good reason.