The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-10-2005, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla1971
Wow! Australian wine is served in Sweden? I didn't even think that would happen!
Didn't the King and Queen visit a winery in Barossa Valley on their State Visit? Maybe that's why the Nobel Foundation serves this particular wine tonight, with Their Majesties visit in mind.

I really love Crown Princess Victoria's dress! It comes out much better during the banquet, it wasn't made justice in the Concert Hall earlier tonight. The Crown Princess looks spectacular, wow! Her hair is great, the tiara is one of my favourites, and the train is very elegant. Superb!

The colour is the only thing I can really remark on, I like her in more colour, but this colour is okay too.

Old 12-10-2005, 03:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla1971
Wow! Australian wine is served in Sweden? I didn't even think that would happen!
Well, Australian wine has a very good reputation. And since 2 winners are Australians, it doesn´t surprise me.

Old 12-10-2005, 03:24 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Barossa Valley is in South Australia, an hour from Adelaide so maybe they did. It's funny. I saw Barossa Valley in a store just last week. It's a small world.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7&d=1134241913

A most elegant photo.

" Well, Australian wine has a very good reputation"

That they do. Not like in the past.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Pictures from the Nobel Award Ceremony and Banquet from Reuters via Yahoo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	219401   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	219402   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	219403   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	219404  

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	219405   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	219406   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	219407  
Old 12-10-2005, 03:28 PM
Majesty

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...4&d=1134242787

These children were moving around during the ceremony. Wow, Madeleine looks really tanned in that photo.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...4&d=1134242787

These children were moving around during the ceremony. Wow, Madeleine looks really tanned in that photo.
Yes, it's the grandchildren of the Economy Laureate Robert Aumann from Israel. Such handsome young boys. But even if they moved around quite a lot in their chairs during the Nobel Prize Award Ceremony, I'm impressed that they managed to stay in their seats! :)
Old 12-10-2005, 03:39 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Didn't the King and Queen visit a winery in Barossa Valley on their State Visit? Maybe that's why the Nobel Foundation serves this particular wine tonight, with Their Majesties visit in mind.

I really love Crown Princess Victoria's dress! It comes out much better during the banquet, it wasn't made justice in the Concert Hall earlier tonight. The Crown Princess looks spectacular, wow! Her hair is great, the tiara is one of my favourites, and the train is very elegant. Superb!
Yes, they did visit a Barossa Valley vineyard on the trip to Australia. So that was indeed nice of them to use such a wine for the Nobel dinner. Yes, her hair looks great. I like that hairstyle for her. No more scrunchies!
Old 12-10-2005, 03:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Yes maybe. But being Royal is about looking as interested as possible. No matter, if you actually think of chocolate cake or your boyfriend. The face should show empathy.
true, she must work on that. Victoria is a real pro when it comes to always looking interested no matter what...

Madeleine´s dress looks much better in these photos from the dinner..
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...4&d=1134242059
Old 12-10-2005, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Pictures from the Nobel Prize Award Ceremony by Stella Pictures and Pressens Bild via Expressen
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	E1.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	219417   Click image for larger version

Name:	E2.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	219418   Click image for larger version

Name:	E3.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	219419   Click image for larger version

Name:	E4.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	219420  

Name:	E5.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	219421   Click image for larger version

Name:	E6.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	219422   Click image for larger version

Name:	E7.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	219423   Click image for larger version

Name:	E8.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	219424  

Name:	E9.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	219425  
Old 12-10-2005, 03:59 PM
Nobility

To me it seemed that Victoria was the one that looked like the Queen this time. Silvia starts to look "old" somehow (well, she is not 35 anymore...) and Victoria looks so young and regal next to her. Nevertheless, everyone looked really nice!
Old 12-10-2005, 04:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Well, Australian wine has a very good reputation. And since 2 winners are Australians, it doesn´t surprise me.

Barossa Valley is in South Australia, an hour from Adelaide so maybe they did. It's funny. I saw Barossa Valley in a store just last week. It's a small world.
I remember seeing a photo of the King and Queen's visit to that winery, it was cold and raining, yet the Queen still looked great.

It's nice that my country's food/wine has a good reputation overseas, even a decade ago we couldn't have said that!

I loved Lillian's choice of lime green - it was a great color among so many neutral ones. Victoria's dress was beautiful, I love the embroidery, and the hair & tiara.
Silvia's dress was a little to low in the front IMO, and the dress seemed very awkward (it's the only word I can think of at the moment!), and I liked the overall look of Madeleine's dress - it suits her light hair, and was a 'safe' choice.

Old 12-10-2005, 04:10 PM
Majesty

More from Getty at the Dinner:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Getty1.jpeg
Views:	937
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	219435   Click image for larger version

Name:	getty2.jpeg
Views:	220
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	219436   Click image for larger version

Name:	getty3.jpeg
Views:	133
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	219437   Click image for larger version

Name:	getty4.jpeg
Views:	59
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	219438  

Name:	getty5.jpeg
Views:	100
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	219439   Click image for larger version

Name:	getty6.jpeg
Views:	62
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	219440  
Old 12-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Courtier

I really liked Victorias dress and the color is great on her I think, have been wanting her to wear something white for long time now... (even though they called it light blue on the tv). She´s the queen for the night i agree, Silvia I don´t like that much this year, I agree that she looked old today and the dress is not her best and I don´t think that the cameo jewels mached the dress. Madeleines dress also looked lovely but I haven´t seen that much of it yet so I´ll have to wait a bit with the judgement on that. Lillian looked lovely as usual. Now back to the tv, must be time for the dessert soon :)
Old 12-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena

kung hösäck...
sorry..cant translate that..
he'll just never learn how to sit in a chair ..will he? haha

well im thrilled that victoria chose to wear that tiara..its my fave tiara...and i her hair looks great and i like the model of the dress and all..but the colour suck. it would have been nice with a colour on her...dark red or purple or so... maybe i missed something, but i havent seen the necklance before on victoria so i think it was really nice to see her in that necklance instead of one of the "usual"

madeleine..aaaaaargh! she looks soo bored and the colour of the dress doesnt help. grey? what is she thinkin with... that dress had been soo nice in any colour really but esp a blue shade *my opinion atleast* and whats with the hair? couldnt she have curled it a bit atleast? *hmm* ah well..at least she picked the nice tiara...

the queen...people here keeps saying its recycled..i havent seen it before and i think its great...def my fave dress of the evening (and the only one with colour..) but as someone said (dunno who) the jewellery doesnt go with it..the saphires would have been better...

lillian..nice model, nice colour ...and im glad she picked one of the "button tiaras" because that means non of the other princesses can have it.. :p and the button tiaras really fit her..but i think it would have been interesting with sum deatils on the dress in a darker shade of green or so...

princess christina, just cought a quick glimps of her..sum black/darkgreyish dress with something that sparkeled...so boring i hardly even remember it..but her dresses usually are like that ..but she was the first of the royals in the concert house and i was sooooo happy when i saw the four button tiara on her head..coz i really feared that victoria would have it...(dont like those tiaras, esp not on victoria)
Old 12-10-2005, 04:24 PM
Majesty

i am starting to like victorias and madeleines dresses
and are not to sure if it would looked better in stronger colours in the design
Old 12-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
i am starting to like victorias and madeleines dresses
and are not to sure if it would looked better in stronger colours in the design

ok...not strong then..but pale shades? pink,blue, yellow..anything? :p *sorry..i just cant help it*..i just think its booooooooooooooooooooooooring, even tho they look geat

couldnt madeleine atleast have picked a necklance with some stones in...(with colour) ?
Old 12-10-2005, 04:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

I’m quite impressed this year.

Fashion notes:
I really love Victoria’s gown. It’s so pretty, and as people have mentioned, the waist looks lovely and is a nice addition. In this photo (courtesy of Dennism), you can even see her shoes. Oh how I love those shoes! Thank goodness she didn’t wear a colour where those white shoes were appropriate. I would have screamed and cried. Lilian looks so sweet. Every time I see her, I want to give her a big hug. Green looks good on her. I’m also impressed with Silvia too. I was expecting something ‘dowdy’ () but I think the style is good. I would prefer it if I could pick out her outfit, but she looks pretty nonetheless. I also like the bold blue. Really stands out. Madeleine’s gown is also really nice too. It looks like it has satin or something underneath, and embroidered silk organza over the top.

Overall, I’m very happy with the fashions of the evening, and of course, that’s the most important thing.

Old 12-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Heir Apparent

More pictures from the Nobel Prize Awarding Ceremony and Banquet! Pictures 1-5 are by Pressens Bild via Swedish Television (SVT) and pictures 6-9 are by Pressens Bild via Polfoto.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SVT11.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	219441   Click image for larger version

Name:	SVT12.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	219442   Click image for larger version

Name:	SVT13.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	219443   Click image for larger version

Name:	SVT14.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	219444  

Name:	SVT15.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	219455   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	219456   Click image for larger version

Name:	P2.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	219457   Click image for larger version

Name:	P3.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	219458  

Name:	P4.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	219459  
Old 12-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishme
couldnt madeleine atleast have picked a necklance with some stones in...(with colour) ?
do you have a necklace in mind? maybe the necklace victoria wore for new year 2000 we have not seen that for many years

do you think madelienes dress is the 2004 dress we never saw
Old 12-10-2005, 04:38 PM
Aristocracy

Thumbs down

interesting though is that lots of you seem to think that tiara = hair up
(i agree) n i read that some arent tooooo keen on Madeleine's hair 2nite...but miss "faishonexpert" Ebba von Sydow(whom i cant stand) keeps saying "have the hair down down down DOWN"... what is she thinkin with?