The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-12-2005, 12:49 PM
Serene Highness

I don´t like Victoria dress. It is too dark , bad choise IMO
Madeline´s tiara is ugly she should left it at home. But the dress is nice, i love blue.
Silvia dress is better than the blue one.
Carl-Philp:hot

Old 12-12-2005, 12:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

I consider the comment of 'grevinnan' to be a case of humor failure.
Commenting on clothes & jewelry is not to be taken that deadly serious, IMHO.
Plus: Especially the Nobel Ceremony is mostly about the APPEARANCE of the Royal Family which includes all 'superficial' matters of fashion. It is not a memorial service for someone or the site of the Tsunami on Thailand where their role is quite a different one - and no-one here would focus on their choice of clothing on those occasions! But when it comes to strictly glittering affairs, the focus on the glitter along with well-meant and mostly very amusing comments is absolutely legitimate.

Old 12-12-2005, 01:00 PM
Royal Highness

Madeleine always looks great, so I like the dress, and the choice of jewelry. Victoria chose a dress that was a little too 'shapeless', but the height of her tiara balanced that out, IMO.
The Queen looks great also, a better choice than the blue dress, that one, IMO, was too awkward looking.

And, about the comments, I agree with Boris. We shouldn't take fashion related comments and opinions too seriously.

Old 12-12-2005, 01:02 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris
I consider the comment of 'grevinnan' to be a case of humor failure.
Commenting on clothes & jewelry is not to be taken that deadly serious, IMHO.
Plus: Especially the Nobel Ceremony is mostly about the APPEARANCE of the Royal Family which includes all 'superficial' matters of fashion. It is not a memorial service for someone or the site of the Tsunami on Thailand where their role is quite a different one - and no-one here would focus on their choice of clothing on those occasions! But when it comes to strictly glittering affairs, the focus on the glitter along with well-meant and mostly very amusing comments is absolutely legitimate.
Spot on but I do agree with grevinnan that we should perhaps take it easy on the comments. Hate is a strong word and should only be used sparingly. Maybe we need a "tongue-in-cheek" smilie. :)
Old 12-12-2005, 01:06 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree... Carl Philip looks hot hot hot... we need some spotlight on him.. oh, if he only appear more often every now and then, not get some attention on his own (without his sisters to steal the show...)

I actually like what Madeleine wore, she looks terrific, probably if the tiara just a bit smaller then it would fit her head & hair better..

I don't know what to say on Victoria. she looks ok... nothing to great, not ugly either..

Princess Lilian looks great.. i think for her age, no matter how she looks or what she wore, we should show some respect... looked fragile but still present & fulfill her role.. what a remarkable lady.

as for the Queen... well, i think she chose to downsize her appearance and let her daughters steal the show for the evening...
Old 12-12-2005, 01:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
Spot on but I do agree with grevinnan that we should perhaps take it easy on the comments. Hate is a strong word and should only be used sparingly. Maybe we need a "tongue-in-cheek" smilie. :)
perhaps..but when i say i hate those three tiaras..i do mean it :p
Old 12-12-2005, 01:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
I have to agree to that. It's not nice to say you hate something... not even royal wardrobes... But next to that I think there are lots of people on the board who aren't native speakers of the english language and who can't put the nuances into their post they actually would love to put in it. At least, that is what I'm sometimes suffering from...

Oh, and I just would love to add that I changed my opinion about Madeleines Nobel dress. Though I'm not a big fan of the colour, after seeing the pictures of the dining party, I actually came to like it very much. Nice details and beautiful laces! :)
Old 12-12-2005, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie
I have to agree to that. It's not nice to say you hate something... not even royal wardrobes... But next to that I think there are lots of people on the board who aren't native speakers of the english language and who can't put the nuances into their post they actually would love to put in it. At least, that is what I'm sometimes suffering from...
I agree...it´s also about language..."dislike" is such a boring word...even though I use the german equivalent in my daily life and use seldom the equivalent to "hate"...but in my daily life, I also don´t judge Tiaras or similar things I guess the Tiara doesn´t cry itself into sleep, when reading, that it´s hated here :p And one can hardly blame the Royal Ladies for choosing them. It´s not, that they have a choice out of 1000 Tiaras. And it´s also not, that they have self designed or bought these Tiaras. It´s not all deadly seriously meant and we don´t talk about war, famines and all the other terrible things in the world.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Heir Apparent

http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebri...12/nobelprize/

Meanwhile, in Sweden, Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Madeleine lent a touch of glamour to the proceedings as their father King Carl Gustaf handed out awards to winners in the fields of medicine, physics, chemistry and economics. Veteran playwright Harold Pinter won the literature prize, but was too ill to attend in person. The event was followed by a glittering banquet for 1,300 guests in Stockholm's city hall.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nobel-dop2a.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	219918   Click image for larger version

Name:	nobel-dop4a.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	219920  
Old 12-12-2005, 02:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebri...12/nobelprize/

Meanwhile, in Sweden, Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Madeleine lent a touch of glamour to the proceedings as their father King Carl Gustaf handed out awards to winners in the fields of medicine, physics, chemistry and economics. Veteran playwright Harold Pinter won the literature prize, but was too ill to attend in person. The event was followed by a glittering banquet for 1,300 guests in Stockholm's city hall.
oh i just love the spelling on Carl Philip's name.. crappy site..they never get it all right when it involves the swedish royals...

*gutted there wasnt a picture of Westlife:( *
Old 12-12-2005, 03:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishme
oh i just love the spelling on Carl Philip's name.. crappy site..they never get it all right when it involves the swedish royals...
The author must have thought of Zara Philips
I think even worse is HOLA with its habit to change names ("Carlos Felipe"). I don´t get, why one shouldn´t try at least to adapt to other cultures and languages.

Quote:
*gutted/disappointed there wasn´t a picture of Westling:( * Last year around the NPA I was 99% sure, he would sit the following year in the front row with the King, Queen and Crown princess.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:19 PM
Courtier

I actually liked Victorias look from the palace dinner, the dress is nice I think - not every dress has to be red or blue... and the tiara is nice and goes very well with the dress. Madeleine is another story, the tiara looks totally misplaced on her head - just strange and not beutiful, she should not wear it again. And the dress i´m not to fond of either, not to mention the queen that I can´t even count the number of times she has worn that dress the last few years! She really must go shopping bigtime really soon. Lillian lovely aswell as Christina.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
The author must have thought of Zara Philips
I think even worse is HOLA with its habit to change names ("Carlos Felipe"). I don´t get, why one shouldn´t try at least to adapt to other cultures and languages.

*gutted/disappointed there wasn´t a picture of Westling:( * Last year around the NPA I was 99% sure, he would sit the following year in the front row with the King, Queen and Crown princess.
but zara philips spell with ONE "L"..not two..

coz they are spanish? (no offence to spanish ppl on here)

well...i still got my doubts if she'll ever marry daniel...
but WL (=Westlife)was there..so i was hoping..but nooo :(
Old 12-12-2005, 03:37 PM
Courtier

[quote=Lena]The author must have thought of Zara Philips

Oh yes, Hola even call the princes of Denmark, Mary Donaldson and Prince Federico!
Old 12-12-2005, 03:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rop81
I actually liked Victorias look from the palace dinner, the dress is nice I think - not every dress has to be red or blue... and the tiara is nice and goes very well with the dress. Madeleine is another story, the tiara looks totally misplaced on her head - just strange and not beutiful, she should not wear it again. And the dress i´m not to fond of either, not to mention the queen that I can´t even count the number of times she has worn that dress the last few years! She really must go shopping bigtime really soon. Lillian lovely aswell as Christina.
I completely agree with everything you said. Madeleine should be banned from ever wearing the six button tiara again.

I wish the Bernadottes would be more like the Oranjes who just breaking up tiaras to make brooches. those buttons would look lovely on the left shoulder of one of Madeleine's suits or dresses. but on her head...they just looks strange.

I dont much care for Lilian's tiara. it's also a bit "weird." but I do adore her royal blue dress though. looks wondeful.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
I completely agree with everything you said. Madeleine should be banned from ever wearing the six button tiara again.

I wish the Bernadottes would be more like the Oranjes who just breaking up tiaras to make brooches. those buttons would look lovely on the left shoulder of one of Madeleine's suits or dresses. but on her head...they just looks strange.

I dont much care for Lilian's tiara. it's also a bit "weird." but I do adore her royal blue dress though. looks wondeful.

or give the six button one to Lilian..she manages to wear it without looking like a UFO with antennas on the head...

(and the four button one...mmm give it to christina...)
Old 12-12-2005, 04:06 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
or give the six button one to Lilian..she manages to wear it without looking like a UFO with antennas on the head...

Or give them both to me and i shall take them to pieces and redesign them
I wonder if the Royal family actually like the button tiara's or just wear them because there isn't much else to choose from?
Old 12-12-2005, 04:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

giving it to Lilian is a good temporary solution, she won't live forever though. she's 90 already. Ultimately,the buttons on those tiaras need to be sent back where they belong: on people's torsos, rather than on their heads.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:23 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy
Or give them both to me and i shall take them to pieces and redesign them
I wonder if the Royal family actually like the button tiara's or just wear them because there isn't much else to choose from?
very good question...but but but...if its coz of lack of other things 2 wear..why not buy sum new tiaras? they cant say they dont got money

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
giving it to Lilian is a good temporary solution, she won't live forever though. she's 90 already. Ultimately,the buttons on those tiaras need to be sent back where they belong: on people's torsos, rather than on their heads.
lol...yeah... mmm lillian could wear it though aslong as she likes..n then they can become buttons/brooches again...

haha just imagine..if they became buttons again...the king with those as the buttons on his amiral uniform
Old 12-12-2005, 05:55 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:

You can find photos of Westlife from the concert at the Nobel Peace Prize 2005 thread in the Norwegian Royals Forum. :)