The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-10-2005, 06:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishme
why does everyone keep forgetting princess Christina?
because she wasn't sitting on the platform with the rest of the family and there are next to no photos of her today.

Old 12-10-2005, 06:51 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
- I thought Victoria looked wonderful. great makeup, great hair, great tiara. she smiled so sweetly. she seemed realy happy. i like the way the necklace matched the sash around her dress. that was different from what she usually wears. Victoria can still keep us guessing.

personally I would have preferred to see thicker straps on the dress. so much fabric and jewelry around the rest of her body and then just little spagetti straps on the shoulders-it seems asymetrical to me.

- Madeleine looked good too. not much to say about the dress, it was pretty. I thought her hair looked wonderful. it was very well done and the tiara was well situated in it today-that's an area she's struggled with in the past.

-Lilian-hmm...well she is still the only bernadotte who manages to wear the six button tiara well. kudos to her for that. the design of the dress was lovely, but I dont like that puke green color on anyone and Lilian is no exception.

-Silvia-delightful to see her wearing her wedding crown again. it's been languishing in the safe for too long. the color of her dress was fantastic. very regal. personally I dont think at her age her necklines should plunge that deeply, but that is just me. also, I thought she'd used too much eyebrow pencil. it made her look a bit severe.

anyway, all in all absolutely delightful royal Nobel. good work, ladies! can't wait till next year.
It was interesting how most people thought that the tiaras and the jewelry were fine this year. That often is not the case. Normally, people have big complaints about the tiaras especially. I knew I recognized the Wedding crown. I watched the Wedding video last night. I knew it looked familiar. Yes, a rather steep neckline indeed. Not that one side of me is complaining...

Old 12-10-2005, 06:53 PM
Serene Highness

I really like Madeline and Victoria´s dresess. Perhpas Victoria need a bit suntan couse she looks pale in a white dress, however they were beautiful
I love Madeline hair! She has such a pretty hair and her hair looks better down IMO.
I don´t like Queen Silvia dress i don´t know it was too blue so shocking.
Carl-Philip as hot as always
Old 12-10-2005, 06:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
because she wasn't sitting on the platform with the rest of the family and there are next to no photos of her today.

i know she wasn't coz she's not a member of the royal family...
but she was sitting very near the center of the long table..bit odd there arent any pix...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
It was interesting how most people thought that the tiaras and the jewelry were fine this year. That often is not the case. Normally, people have big complaints about the tiaras especially.
well maybe because none of V and M got the bloody button tiaras? :p its Lillian and Christina who got them this year... and sumhow..people seem to agree that the 6 button tiara fits lillian (and i think that too) its much better on her than on M for example...
and well it seems like no one even noticed Christina but she got the 4 button one and i was soooooooooo happy when i saw that (coz she was first in the concert house and that ment that neither V or M could wear it..)

but the jewellery was kinda good this year..i just think the saphires had been nicer on the queen coz it would suit the dress better..and well M should have picked another necklance..but maybe thats just me...
Old 12-10-2005, 07:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Pictures from Pressens Bild via Swedish Television (SVT).

Princess Madeleine seemed to have a great time with the Bishop Emeritus (that's what former Bishops are titled in Sweden at least, not sure if it's the same in Norway?) of Oslo :)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SVT27.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	219519   Click image for larger version

Name:	SVT28.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	219520   Click image for larger version

Name:	SVT29.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	219521   Click image for larger version

Name:	SVT30.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	219522  

Old 12-10-2005, 07:10 PM
Courtier

I really loved Madeleines dress, very nice patterns on it to and I think that the color was good. Victoria was also perfect in both dress, hair and jewellery. The train on her dress seemed magnificent on tv does anybody have a better pic of the backside?
Old 12-10-2005, 07:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Princess Madeleine seemed to have a great time with the Bishop Emeritus
What sash is the Bishop Emeritus wearing?
Old 12-10-2005, 07:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Pictures by Pressens Bild via Dagens Nyheter
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DN2.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	219524   Click image for larger version

Name:	DN3.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	219525   Click image for larger version

Name:	DN4.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	219526   Click image for larger version

Name:	DN5.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	219527  

Name:	DN6.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	219528   Click image for larger version

Name:	DN7.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	219529   Click image for larger version

Name:	DN8.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	219530  
Old 12-10-2005, 08:32 PM
Royal Highness

Madeleine seemed kind of "lost" at the ceremony but seemed to loosen up and smile more at the dinner. Maybe she was hungry at the ceremony? Or maybe it was the wine..... I like Victoria and Madeleine's dresses. I think it was more about the subtle, beautiful detail. Not a fan of the button tiaras, but I think Madeleine should have experimented with the six button tiara. The fringe one has been used so many times! Madeleine and Victoria both looked beautiful but Madeleine's hair should go up and maybe Victoria's should go down? Lilian looked gorgeous but not a fan of Silvia's whole look this year. But I'm very happy that the whole family attended!
Old 12-10-2005, 09:09 PM
Nobility

I am so mad, I had to work so I missed the webcast. But I want to thank all of you for the pictures. I love what Madeleine and Victoria wore. (Althought I didn't like the lacey stuff on Madeleine's shoulders.) They looked very classic. Are there anymore picturs Of Carl Philip. There don't seem to be many at all.:(
Old 12-10-2005, 09:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Here you can watch a repeat of the Festivities in Oslo and Stockholm:
http://nobelprize.org/nobel/events/v...-05/index.html
Old 12-10-2005, 09:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishme
and well it seems like no one even noticed Christina but she got the 4 button one and i was soooooooooo happy when i saw that (coz she was first in the concert house and that ment that neither V or M could wear it..)
can you imagine...Victoria, Madeleine and Christina fighting over who gets to wear the four-button tiara? it's terrible.

i could envision myself coming to blows with someone to snag the Baden tiara for myself. but the four button! I'd say, "take it. it's all yours, baby!"
Old 12-10-2005, 09:48 PM
Majesty

O, the criticism of this tiara. I wonder what it did to all of you. Maybe you should just ignore it and it will go away...
Old 12-10-2005, 10:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

I dont think the tiara is that bad, if the buttons were a little bit closer and didnt stand out like antennas it would be a nice. I am not a fan of Queen Silvias tiara. What is the history behind that one.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejonnhy25
I dont think the tiara is that bad, if the buttons were a little bit closer and didnt stand out like antennas it would be a nice. I am not a fan of Queen Silvias tiara. What is the history behind that one.
It's the cameo tiara. She wore it when she got married to the King. All 4 of the king's sisters wore the same tiara. From Danjel:

"The bridal tiara of Queen Silvia was given in 1932 to King Carl Gustav's mother, Princess Sybilla as a wedding gift. Before she left it to her son her daughters Birgitta and Dsire were also allowed to wear this piece at their wedding. Now it is only reserved for Queen Silvia. Such an historic jewel is only for special occasions. In the treasure chamber of the Bernadotte Foundation, installed in the palace of Stockholm, this showpiece rests in a display case.

Originaly owned by the French Empress Josephine, it was inherited by her granddaughter Queen Josephine, born princess of Leuchtenberg. Then it went to her daughter princess Eugenie, who left it to her nephew, prince Eugen. He gave it as a wedding gift to princess Sybilla of Saksen-Coburg-Gotha, when she married Crownprince Gustav Adolf in 1932. Her mother in law, Crownprincess Margaret has also been seen wearing this tiara. The color of this historical bridal tiara is very special; it's white: it consists of pearls, heightened with 7 cameo's who depict mythological figures. In the centre there's the crowning of love (mother and child), to where portrait-cameos of a man and a woman aim their sight. On the backside portrait-cameo's are interchanged with a godess who has a putti on her lap (caretaker) and a man with a staff (guard). Amongst the Polish and British aristocracy there is a smaller diadem and a necklace with exact the same cameos, which leads to the suspection that all these parts have been a parure. This fine piece was made by Biennais, the parisan Court Jeweller of Napoleon, who was the predecessor of Chaumet."

Old 12-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you for the sum up. When I saw the tiara I thought of Charlamagnes and the Holy Roman Empire crowns. It kinda looks like those.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejonnhy25
Thank you for the sum up. When I saw the tiara I thought of Charlamagnes and the Holy Roman Empire crowns. It kinda looks like those.
You're welcome. It's cool that you see a connection between this tiara and those from the era of the Holy Roman Empire. A connection in style between the Napoleonic era and the era of Charlemagne. Not a mere coincidence though. :)
Old 12-10-2005, 11:18 PM
Courtier

Madeleine look at her best, she looks gorgeous... perfect, very very pretty
Old 12-10-2005, 11:23 PM
Courtier

Princess Madeleine looked a little pouty at the ceremony (much like how a model looks), but she cheered up at the banquet. I love the pictures of her being so animated with the banquet guests! For the longest time, I just couldn't understand why everyone thought she was so beautiful, but now I see. Her hair, makeup, dress, everything was just perfect on her. Beautiful girl!

I liked CP Victoria's dress. I think it wasn't too bold nor too delicate for her -just right!

Prince Carl Philip is HOTTTTTTT! The brunette Orlando Bloom!

I think the King always looks sour and I'm never impressed with him, his demeanor, anything. It makes one wonder how he got such a special wife who looked wonderful!
Old 12-10-2005, 11:58 PM
Heir Apparent

i agree on Carl-Philip... looking hot as ever.. too bad there aren't more pictures & close-ups on him..