Name:	G14.jpeg
Views:	89
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	219507  

Old 12-10-2005, 05:34 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
In picture 3 you can see the Mistress of the Robes (behind the PM's wife, Anitra Steen, in red), one of the few non-royals who usually wear a tiara at special occasions like the Nobel.
she doesn't this time though..nooo jewellery what so ever...except some cheap earrings...

Quote:
Picture 4 is of the Party Leader of the Center Party (in an awful purple dress , it makes her look buff, and I think "German beer girl at Oktober fest...)
maud olfsson def got the coolest colour of the evening in my opinion..not so sure bout the model of the dress though..she look like a stuffed sausage

Old 12-10-2005, 05:37 PM
Heir Apparent

The banquet's dinner is over now, the Table of Honour are leaving in procession up through the stairs. The dance in the Golden Hall will soon begin, and the Royal Family are heading for the Prince's Gallery where they will chat with the Laureates and their families during the evening.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:37 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
"Picture 4 is of the Party Leader of the Center Party (in an awful purple dress , it makes her look buff, and I think "German beer girl at Oktober fest...)"

Yes, very much so. She should be in a dirndl! She looks rather buff or "buffy" as some people say...
Old 12-10-2005, 05:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

They shine and look much better at the reception then at the awards. They look wonderfull and I love the dresses but I was a bit dissapointed. I was expecting a "nobel" dress. I think those dresses would have been wonderfull for state visits and other occasions but i was expecting a bit more pizzaz.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishme
she doesn't this time though..nooo jewellery what so ever...except some cheap earrings...
I hope you mean the PM's wife here, and not the Mistress of the Robes, Countess Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister... I highly doubt she would ever wear "cheap earrings".

Quote:
maud olfsson def got the coolest colour of the evening in my opinion..not so sure bout the model of the dress though..she look like a stuffed sausage
Stuffed sausage, good description.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:43 PM
Aristocracy

ebba von sydow (the faishonexpert) wanted princess madeleine to change dress with maud (the lady in puuuuuuuuuuuurple..) i cant believe that!

Quote:
I hope you mean the PM's wife here, and not the Mistress of the Robes, Countess Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister... I highly doubt she would ever wear "cheap earrings".

yeah..i meant anita steen...Persson's wife (misread it a bit)

yeah i thought so
Old 12-10-2005, 05:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Ooh, harsh, but I also agree. That dress she was was certainly not a good colour. Only very few people can wear that shade of purple, and I'm sorry to say, but people who are that tanned just can't. Maybe if you were my level of paleness, but not like that.

Old 12-10-2005, 05:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle
Ooh, harsh, but I also agree. That dress she was was certainly not a good colour. Only very few people can wear that shade of purple, and I'm sorry to say, but people who are that tanned just can't. Maybe if you were my level of paleness, but not like that.

i like the colour..but not on her...it would have been better on the queen or on victoria..
Old 12-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Majesty

Quote:
ebba von sydow (the faishonexpert) wanted princess madeleine to change dress with maud (the lady in puuuuuuuuuuuurple..) i cant believe that!
That would not have been good. It would have caused heart attacks to a few males too! ha ha ha. And heart attacks for all of those who want glamour but class and elegance for these events. Anyway, bad fashionexpert. Stuffed sausage is right. ha ha ha.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Royal Highness

sitting in a chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
At least the King is comfortable .... he looks like he is taking some advantage of the chair back.

Sure glad its one rule for men, and another for women, at least where sitting is concerned !!!
Old 12-10-2005, 05:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Pictures from Scanpix via Svenska Dagbladet
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SvD5.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	219508   Click image for larger version

Name:	SvD6.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	219509   Click image for larger version

Name:	SvD8.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	219511   Click image for larger version

Name:	SvD10.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	219513  

Name:	SvD11.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	219514   Click image for larger version

Name:	SvD12.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	219515   Click image for larger version

Name:	SvD9.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	219516  
Old 12-10-2005, 05:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Pictures from Scanpix via Svenska Dagbladet
Nice photos. CP is charming somebody! Madeleine certainly is beaming.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8&d=1134251647

And Victoria looks like she is having a good time too.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
That would not have been good. It would have caused heart attacks to a few males too! ha ha ha. And heart attacks for all of those who want glamour but class and elegance for these events. Anyway, bad fashionexpert. Stuffed sausage is right. ha ha ha.
that fashionexpert..she's become an "icon" in away..and i just cant understand it...mayb her streetstyle is cool...i dont give a damn..but this? oh gosh...she doesnt know what she's talking about...

and it would have been an even worse dress on madeleine than the one she actually wore...atleast that one was a nice model..im just not so keen on the colour

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrhcp
At least the King is comfortable .... he looks like he is taking some advantage of the chair back.

Sure glad its one rule for men, and another for women, at least where sitting is concerned !!!

the king always sit in a funny way on these kind of things..its bound to b atleast one funny pic of how he's sitting..the man turns 60 next year and still doesnt know how to sit in a chair
Old 12-10-2005, 06:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Here you can see how the dessert was served. Pictures by Reuters via Yahoo.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Y13.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	219517   Click image for larger version

Name:	Y14.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	219518  
Old 12-10-2005, 06:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
that fashionexpert..she's become an "icon" in away..and i just cant understand it...mayb her streetstyle is cool...i dont give a damn..but this? oh gosh...she doesnt know what she's talking about...
O, yes. I've heard of her. I mean those who do casual like you said really shouldn't talk about such events when it comes to fashion. I mean it's like in Music. You generally wouldn't listen to P Diddy talk about John Cage or whomever. ha ha ha. Watch out. I'll be proven wrong and P Diddy is an expert on John Cage...
Old 12-10-2005, 06:23 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
O, yes. I've heard of her. I mean those who do casual like you said really shouldn't talk about such events when it comes to fashion. I mean it's like in Music. You generally wouldn't listen to P Diddy talk about John Cage or whomever. ha ha ha. Watch out. I'll be proven wrong and P Diddy is an expert on John Cage...
hehe mayb he is..who knows?
but i see what you're saying and i totally agree with you...i just hope they realize their mistake and DONT use her as the fashion expert the next year
Old 12-10-2005, 06:24 PM
Royal Highness

My two cents worth :

I see a trend here .... with the Princesses dresses ... a few years ago they were plain. Then the last two years there was a beginning with pattern. This year, finally some good looking dresses for the two. And delightful tiara's too.

The one looking a bit dowdy now is the Queen. But at least the contrast she provides makes her daughters look good.

And a minor point to some writers here .... have we become cynical or are we becoming jaundiced? ... inview of comments like the dress is too plain and so on.
Perhaps it is one thing to have to go repeatedly to this event, but each year it is a new bunch of Bobel Lauterates, if you see my point?

In regards to Madeleine .... her face is a marvel to behold. When she smiles, she lights up the world about her.

Victoria ... seems to have come into her own. Her smile at the dinner bespeaks confidence.

Nary a comment read about Carl Philip .... oh boo hoo hoo !!! :(
Old 12-10-2005, 06:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

- I thought Victoria looked wonderful. great makeup, great hair, great tiara. she smiled so sweetly. she seemed realy happy. i like the way the necklace matched the sash around her dress. that was different from what she usually wears. Victoria can still keep us guessing.

personally I would have preferred to see thicker straps on the dress. so much fabric and jewelry around the rest of her body and then just little spagetti straps on the shoulders-it seems asymetrical to me.

- Madeleine looked good too. not much to say about the dress, it was pretty. I thought her hair looked wonderful. it was very well done and the tiara was well situated in it today-that's an area she's struggled with in the past.

-Lilian-hmm...well she is still the only bernadotte who manages to wear the six button tiara well. kudos to her for that. the design of the dress was lovely, but I dont like that puke green color on anyone and Lilian is no exception.

-Silvia-delightful to see her wearing her wedding crown again. it's been languishing in the safe for too long. the color of her dress was fantastic. very regal. personally I dont think at her age her necklines should plunge that deeply, but that is just me. also, I thought she'd used too much eyebrow pencil. it made her look a bit severe.

anyway, all in all absolutely delightful royal Nobel. good work, ladies! can't wait till next year.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:43 PM
Aristocracy

why does everyone keep forgetting princess Christina?