The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-12-2004, 12:05 PM
Heir Apparent

The King's Dinner for the Nobel Laureates

On Saturday evening, The King hosted his annual dinner for the Nobel Laureates with their families and other guests. The 140 guests where received in Vita Havet, and the dinner was taken in the Karl XI’s Gallery. The Laureates where of course the Honorary Guests.

The Royal Family was represented by (except the King and Queen) Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Carl Philip, Princess Lilian and Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnusson with her husband General Consul Tord Magnusson. Countess Bettina Bernadotte af Wisborg and her husband were also invited. Other guests where representatives from the Government, the Ambassadors of the Laureate’s countries, representatives from the Nobel Foundation, representatives from the Royal Academies’ Nobel Committees, representatives from Norway and the Norwegian Nobel Committee, representatives from the Royal Academies involved with the Nobel Prize, representatives from various universities and colleges, the President of the Bank of Sweden and the President of the European Central Bank, and one representative from the Nobel family.

The King had Jacquelyn Savani, wife of the Nobel Prize winner in physics Professor David J Gross, to the table, and on his left side was the Nobel Prize winner in chemistry, Professor Aaron Chiechanover. The Queen had the Nobel Prize winner in physics, Professor Frank Wilczek to the table, and had the Nobel Prize winner in medicine, Dr. Richard Axel, on her other side, who in his turn had Princess Lilian to the table. The Crown Princess had the Nobel Prize winner in chemistry, Professor Aaron Chechanover, to the table, and had Nobel Prize winner in physics, Frank Wilczek, on her other side. Prince Carl Philip had Cornelia Bargmann, husband of the Nobel Prize winner in medicine, Dr. Richard Axel, to the table, and has Jacquelyn Savani on his left side.

The menu consisted of fried duck liver, saffron fried pikeperch with lemon glazed vegetables, whole roasted roe deer fillet, and apricot soufflé with hazelnut praline ice cream for dessert.

Lena has posted a few pictures from this in an earlier post.

Old 12-12-2004, 12:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
After a long search I´ve finally found the first pictures of the dinner today at the Royal castle (at Corbis)...
I think the whole family looked fantastic! I like Silvias dress...its new right? Lilian is very.. well, cute! A very impressing lady
And Victorias dress, even if its old, is one of favourites! But she could have skip the necklace...
and ofcourse: Carl Philip is handsome as always :)

Old 12-12-2004, 12:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
After a long search I´ve finally found the first pictures of the dinner today at the Royal castle (at Corbis). The black dress, we have seen so many times before and the 4-button-tiara....hmmmmmmm, couldn´t she simply have "borrowed" the dress, which Madeleine would have worn yesterday? Madeleine is ill, she can´t fend
But at least she looks happy and fit.

I like the outfit of the Queen, though I can imagine, that not too many will agree. I wonder how her hairdo looks in detail...she hadn´t too much time to prepare today.
I actually much prefer Queen Silvia's outfit at this occasion than the one she wore to the ceremonies the previous day. Something about this outfit has more of a presence and seems more grand and regal to me (might be the colour contrast). While the white/silver dress from the night before seemed rather plain and, even though I don't care much for fussiness, I think the Nobel Peace Prize is one occasion in which fussiness and pomp in one's clothing is okay, even demanded!

As for Victoria's dresses the past two days, the pink dress was lovely on its own; the cut was nice and the colour I love. But I don't think it was appropriate for the occasion in that it didn't say much or do much for her. It seemed rather plain -- which I normally like, but as mentioned above, at the Nobel Peace Prize I want something more! I was delighted to see however no ponytail on Victoria at either night! I wouldn't have put it past her to don a ponytail to one of these ceremonies as I think her hair will refuse to form in any other style. :p
Old 12-12-2004, 05:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
I think the whole family looked fantastic! I like Silvias dress...its new right? Lilian is very.. well, cute! A very impressing lady
And Victorias dress, even if its old, is one of favourites! But she could have skip the necklace...
I think Silvia also wore that dress during the 2. gala on the statevisit to Iceland, at least it looks very much like the same dress

I also like Victorias dress even if it atleast the 3. time she wears it I agree about the necklace, Im sure it is worth what I will make my intired life but its to long and to grandma looking for my taste. I will never approve of that tiara, buttons are not ment to be worn on the head. CarlPhilip looks very handsom.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	is15.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	64851   Click image for larger version

Name:	is11.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	64852  
Old 12-12-2004, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent

1: Good overview of the Nobel Prize Awards
2: This year's dessert
3 & 4: Our role model and idol (), Court Marshall Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg at the Nobel Banquet
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Nobel Prize Awards.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	64853   Click image for larger version

Name:	dessert.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	64854  
Attached Images

Old 12-12-2004, 11:33 PM
Aristocracy

I know Victoria has worn that black dress before (many times) but I understand why. She looks fabulous in it! It is so flattering on her and compliments her coloring as well. And even though I usually don't like that four-button tiara, I liked it this time. I think she looked great both days even though the pink dress was a little plain.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:52 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
At first, I thought you meant the necklace at the ceremony and I thought "I don´t believe it. I would have thought that Yennie would have liked it." Phew. The one at the banquet could have been left back though It doesn´t really fit. And that is my favorite dress of all of Victoria´s dresses.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:13 AM
Courtier

I love silvia's hair. I thought Victoria was beautiful...even if her dress was a little simple. I think CP looks great with shorter hair.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:34 AM
Commoner

I think Victoria's dress totally flattens her figure because it does not fit at all and it is a bit too lame for such an important occasion. I like her tiara and hair, though.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:50 AM
Heir Apparent

The Queen's dress looked very nice.I love her hair too.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 12-13-2004, 12:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
At first, I thought you meant the necklace at the ceremony and I thought "I don´t believe it. I would have thought that Yennie would have liked it.
Haha you think you can read my mind now? It might be true :)
I liked the one she wore at Nobel on friday but I disliked the one she had on Saturday. But on the other hand, I´m not fond of jewellery at all.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

I actually prefer CP Victoria's looks and dress on the 2nd Nobel gala - in spite of the Four Button tiara, which I usually hate on her.
But with her hair swept up again (it was about time!) and her dress being one of my favorites as well, and with her wearing for the very first time the long diamond necklace for the very first time - worn by Queen Silvia at her pre-wedding gala in 1976 - I just wish she would have appeared like that at the main event the night before.
Queen Silvia looks great as usual, but, mhm-hmmm, isn't the beautiful ensemble she's wearing one size too BIG for her?
More pics have appeared on rexfeatures.com , where you can see that Queen Silvia's dress has a very nice train...
Old 12-13-2004, 09:39 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Haha you think you can read my mind now? It might be true :)
I liked the one she wore at Nobel on friday but I disliked the one she had on Saturday. But on the other hand, I´m not fond of jewellery at all.
Yes, it´s a skill that apparently, I didn´t know I had.
Old 12-14-2004, 06:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Two more pics from the King's Nobel Dinner for the Laureates with families and other people this past Saturday. Unfortunately I haven't found any pics with Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnusson or other guests, but in the 2nd pic here, you can see her husband Tord in the background. The pics are from the Royal Court:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	NobelSlottet1webb.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	66051   Click image for larger version

Name:	NobelSlottetwebb2.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	66052  
Old 01-02-2005, 10:53 PM
Majesty

From SVT:

The Crown Princess

The Queen

Grand Duchess posted the original link to the page but I´ve decided to post the video links to help out those for whom Swedish is rather unreadable(which sometimes, trust me, includes some students of Swedish as well...:)) Be careful though. these go directly to a video on a page(or a standalone player) so if you have video problems sometimes, it may be wise to shut down your browser and to copy and paste the address into Real Player or Windows Media Player or whatever...

The King meets the Italian Boy

A good report on the proceedings.

All about the menu. Check out 3:00 when they bring out the dessert.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

two photos that I dont think has been posted before. Victoria looks amazing!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	nobel.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	163488   Click image for larger version

Name:	20041011.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	163499  
Old 06-26-2005, 09:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
two photos that I dont think has been posted before. Victoria looks amazing!
That she does. Thank you, Yennie for these photos.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:57 AM
Majesty

i have lost a very good HQ photo of vicptora fron the nobel 2004 thought it may be here but i could not find it
does anyone have such photo?