The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-11-2003, 04:42 PM
Heir Apparent

As I┤ve said it already in this thread...Madeleine can do never wrong in fashion-questions in the eyes of scandinavian newspapers, especially in the eyes of Aftonbladet (and in the eyes of it┤s easy influenced readers) :P Because Madeleine is a PRO in design-things...and she had/has/and will have ALWAYS soooooooo "supersnygg" creations on her lovely body :P

Old 12-11-2003, 04:57 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
"(and in the eyes of it┤s easy influenced readers) "

And apparently, my call for more votes not for Madde has been stifled by a fight over which of the other 3 women had the tidiest dress on. O, well. That's democracy in action.

Old 12-11-2003, 04:58 PM
Majesty

11, 2003 before a dinner held at Stockholm Palace for the Nobel laureate

Polfoto

Polfoto
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	765.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	30750   Click image for larger version

Views:	133
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	30751   Click image for larger version

Views:	91
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	30752  
Old 12-11-2003, 05:00 PM
Heir Apparent

:o so NEW dresses for Madeleine and Victoria at the dinner, which isn┤t really noticed????

What┤s that on Madeleine┤s head? Is this the same tiara, which she wore at the NPA 2000?
Old 12-11-2003, 05:05 PM
Majesty

I think its this tiara
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	66
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	30753  
Old 12-11-2003, 05:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, that┤s the tiara I meant, but is it really the same? BTW Madeleine and Victoria are looking really SUPERSNYGG ( ) Much better than yesterday!
Old 12-11-2003, 05:12 PM
Majesty

I like that dress on Victoria. It reminds me of another one she wore once. I would like to see Madde in darker colors sometimes and now I see why! Looks great. And Silvia is lovely as always.
Old 12-11-2003, 05:12 PM
Heir Apparent

No wonder...I haven┤t expected such a great style at this event...and that we get pictures that early
Old 12-11-2003, 05:16 PM
Majesty

i have tried to make the photos larger

------

the dresses tonight is much more simpler then the dresses last night and the tiaras they wear are much smaller.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	108
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	30754   Click image for larger version

Views:	85
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	30755  
Old 12-11-2003, 05:22 PM
Courtier

I like Victoria's look, I'm still trying to decide on Madeleine's, I think I just don't like her posture in these particular pictures, but we'll see!
Old 12-11-2003, 05:27 PM
Gentry

Yes, new pictures! Madeleine looking beautiful

Victoria looks good too, but yesterday was much more royal and the same goes with Silvia. But I would bet that they look 10 times better in reallity. I┤ve been admiring the jewels on this site but yesterday at TV with all the lights in the tiaras, oh so lovely!
Lilian seems so frail nowadays, she is a person to admire I mean: at her age doing all the things she do :flower:

BTW, what┤s up with the King, hes looking so grumpy those two days, is it the attention the ladies are getting? :P
Old 12-11-2003, 05:41 PM
Heir Apparent

BTW is Victoria┤s hair shorter?
Old 12-11-2003, 05:43 PM
Majesty

"Victoria looks good too, but yesterday was much more royal and the same goes with Silvia"

Yes, less formal. I love it. Victoria's dress is a nice dress. Not too formal but just right. Same thing with Madde.
Old 12-11-2003, 05:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Dennism@Dec 11th, 2003 - 4:43 pm
"Victoria looks good too, but yesterday was much more royal and the same goes with Silvia"

Yes, less formal. I love it. Victoria's dress is a nice dress. Not too formal but just right. Same thing with Madde.
I agree with Dennis. Anyway both dresses are looking quite much the same way. Madeleine┤s dress has just those crinkles (right word?) and is blue. And the jewelry is decent too. I like it, when it doesn┤t look as if one wants to displace the other.
Old 12-11-2003, 05:53 PM
Majesty

" I agree with Dennis. Anyway both dresses are looking quite much the same way. Madeleine┤s dress has just those crinkles (right word?)"

She agrees with me! Just kidding. Anyway, crinkles. Yes. I was going to say it bunches up a little bit. I want to see the shoes though.
Old 12-11-2003, 05:57 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena+Dec 11th, 2003] I agree with Dennis. Anyway both dresses are looking quite much the same way. Madeleine┤s dress has just those crinkles (right word?) and is blue. And the jewelry is decent too. I like it, when it doesn┤t look as if one wants to displace the other. [/b]
Sorry girls/boys I like them really royal, otherwise they seam so close to us in a way. Yes of course that can be good some times as well, but when they are out there representing our country, and when they can look so good...!!
But I really do understand them, it must be so much more comfortable with this more laid back dinner ( if you can say that talking about an official dinner at the Royal Castle).
Old 12-11-2003, 06:03 PM
Majesty

".This was just an exception...don┤t expect that I will make this to a rule"

I know. I'm not going to expect it that's for sure!
Old 12-11-2003, 06:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alva
Sorry girls/boys I like them really royal, otherwise they seam so close to us in a way. Yes of course that can be good some times as well, but when they are out there representing our country, and when they can look so good...!!
But I really do understand them, it must be so much more comfortable with this more laid back dinner ( if you can say that talking about an official dinner at the Royal Castle). [/b]

Really tough times for the Royals...Some people want them more closer to them, they shouldn┤t own too much designer-clothes, luxury-cars, shouldn┤t have too many servants, the Royal children shouldn┤t deal too much with upper-class-guys...
And some people want them more regal, with more expensive dresses....
Old 12-11-2003, 06:08 PM
Majesty

You're right, Alva about the dress, formal or not And this family especially Victoria has been quite open for a royal about these things. Perhaps to seem more "normal". But Lena's point is valid too. Other people, not necessarily us at LTR but the general public, would criticize them if they were too "regal" or too "down-to-earth". It's a no-win situation.
Old 12-11-2003, 08:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Polfoto 11-12-2003 - Crownprincess Victoria and Princess Madeleine, arrives Thursday Dec. 11, 2003 to a dinner held at Stockholm Palace for the Nobel laureates.

I think Victoria looks much younger in these pictures. And I love the colour and cut of this dress. Much simpler but still regal as ever.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	30783