Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-10-2003, 04:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Josefine@Dec 10th, 2003 - 2:53 pm
I would like to her how many crowns the dresses get

1 is bad 5 is great
Queen Silvia - - Great colour and cut to the dress

Crown Princess Victoria - - The colour was very nice, but I am not crazy about that outside layer to the skirt. What was that about?

Princess Madeline - - Too matronly and unstylish and unshapely for someone as young and beautiful and nicely-figured as Madeline.

Princess Lillian - - A nice dress all around for the Princess. The only thing that would've given her my complete thumbs up would be a richer colour rather than the bland cream colour of her dress.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena@Dec 10th, 2003 - 2:59 pm
Princess Madeleine: It looks like a curtain with laces
That made me laugh out loud in my office!

Old 12-10-2003, 04:08 PM
Majesty

---
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	32.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	30512  

Old 12-10-2003, 04:24 PM
Heir Apparent

This dress makes her (Madeleine) looking as if she would weigh over 70 kg (more than 155 pounds) . And she does 100% not.
Old 12-10-2003, 04:24 PM
Courtier

Queen Sylvia
Her dress is very nice, but I'm debating on the necklace, it seemed rather large for such a slender neck, but alas, this is just my opinion.

Princess Madeleine
I love this dress, her hair, everything. She looks elegant, and grown up. It's a great cut for her, and it makes her hair look less yellow then it seems to be lately. It also makes her tan look a little more gentle.

Crown Princess Victoria
A great style, and if this is indeed the same skirt as the Jordan Visit the top is much better matched. The top showcases her toned upper body!

Princess Lillian
Looks as gorgeous as ever, however I must agree with Alexandria the color was a little bland for my liking.
Old 12-10-2003, 04:25 PM
Majesty

the paper Dagens Nyheter

http://www.dn.se/DNet/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=1...ousRenderType=2
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	92
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	30513   Click image for larger version

Views:	114
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	30515   Click image for larger version

Views:	78
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	30516   Click image for larger version

Views:	60
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	30517  

Views:	91
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	30518  
Old 12-10-2003, 04:28 PM
Courtier

I think overall, all the Royal ladies did well for the Nobel.

Lena- I couldn't disagree (in the nicest way possible as I tend to agree with you on most of your posts&#33 more about Madeleine looking heavier in the cream dress...I think she looks slightly trimmer, but again that is just me.
Old 12-10-2003, 04:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Britters@Dec 10th, 2003 - 3:28 pm
I think overall, all the Royal ladies did well for the Nobel.

Lena- I couldn't disagree (in the nicest way possible as I tend to agree with you on most of your posts&#33 more about Madeleine looking heavier in the cream dress...I think she looks slightly trimmer, but again that is just me.
No problem with that. A message board/forum lives from it´s discussions :flower:
But I fear you can´t me convince that much, that I think the dress is cute
Old 12-10-2003, 04:33 PM
Royal Highness

Queen Silvia - very pretty. I loved the color too, looked really nice with her jewels.

Crown Princess Victoria - I think she looks great. I'm not too crazy about that particular tiara though.

Princess Madeleine - agree that she looks matronly, and it looks as though she is just trying to hard since she was criticized for looking too sexy and revealing. She took this one waaayyy to far.

Princess Lilian - - gorgeous as always. Could be livened up a little though.
Old 12-10-2003, 04:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
So do you think too, that Victoria´s skirt was "recycled"?
I dont think that its the same one she wore at the Jordanian statevisit, but I think I´ve seen the "top" before, but with a different skirt

Quote:
it looks as though she is just trying to hard since she was criticized for looking too sexy and revealing. She took this one waaayyy to far
I agree with you on that one!
Old 12-10-2003, 04:40 PM
Courtier

Queen Silvia a nice dress with beautiful color that matches her dark hair beautifully, but i think she would have looked even better in a slightly "larger" dress, more volume so to say...

Crownprincess Victoria I love this dress on her, it has the volume that i wanted in silvias dress and the colour works very good on her, maybe that second layer in the skirt looks kind of odd, but on the whole i love it!

Princess Madeleine She looks elegant and very royal, but i tend to agree with some of the others that she looks a bit to old in it. But the colour is nice.

Princess Lillian She´s such a sweat little lady that almost always looks nice. The dress fits her well i think the only thing is that the dress could have had more coulour

A little boring i think about the jewels. The queen fits good in that tiara and it was a long time ago that she wore it on the nobel day so that´s good, but madeleine and Victoria could have done better. we have seen those tiaras on them for quite a lot of times now, it would have been fun with some changes, but i like them anyway.

Well now i have to go back to the tv to watch the show, i absolutely love this day
Old 12-10-2003, 04:44 PM
Nobility

I thought Queen Silvia looked lovely, but I expected Her to wear something more spectacular to the Nobel as She has in previous years, but the dress was pretty and I loved the color.

I thought Crown Princess Victoria looked absolutely amazing. I loved everything about the dress, the color, the style, the shape. It was amazing. I especially loved her posture while sitting, making sure that her dress flowed over the chair making her look more regal and magnificent.

I thought Princess Madeleine's dress was amazing as well. She really looked elegant, mature (not in a bad way), and classically beautiful. I loved the lace, the color, the style, everything. Yet I must say that I thought Princess Madeleine shouldn't have worn this dress so close to the time she wore it to the Jordanian State Banquet. If you are going to repeat the dress so close after wearing it once, I think you should have it altered or wear it with new jewels.

Princess Lilian looked very classic and beautiful as well.

I haven't seen any pictures of Princess Christina.
Old 12-10-2003, 04:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Yennie@Dec 10th, 2003 - 3:38 pm
Quote:
So do you think too, that Victoria´s skirt was "recycled"?

I dont think that its the same one she wore at the Jordanian statevisit, but I think I´ve seen the "top" before, but with a different skirt
So in the worst case the skirt and the top is recycled :P

@Josefine

On Aftonbladet there´s a serial of pictures...unfortunaetly the pics are to huge to post...

It seems as if in the eyes of the scandinavian newspapers Madeleine can do never wrong in fashion-things... Madeleine forgylte Nobelfesten i Sverige (the same headline was in Aftonbladet) or Stjal showet igjen
Old 12-10-2003, 05:22 PM
Aristocracy

When I see the skirt in this light it's exactly the same colour! I'm pretty sure it's a recycled dress. I don't rember seeing the top though...

By the way, I'm not so fond of Victorias tiara. Otherwise I think she looked amazing!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	V_Bl__2.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	30521  
Old 12-10-2003, 05:25 PM
Majesty

http://story.news.yahoo.com

http://story.news.yahoo.com
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	113
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	30522   Click image for larger version

Views:	108
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	30523  
Old 12-10-2003, 05:51 PM
Gentry

Just came home, couldn´t follow the hole thing today until now, it feels odd. Usually I sit in front of the TV at 17.00 until late night. I´ve just seen the pictures here so far but I really liked Victorias dress and it must be the same skirt, I mean WHY SHOULD SHE BUY ANOTHER SKIRT SO IDENTICAL AS THE ONE FROM THE JORDANIAN VISIT??????????????
Silvias dress was a bit boring, it feels lika a dress for any dinner, not the Nobel dinner, but maybe she´s leaving space to Victoria and Madeleine to glow.
Madeleine´s dress, I really can´t decide, but the face, the hair and make up looks better than ever!

Is there anyone else that comes to think about Mickey Mouse when Victoria wears the 4 button tiara, because I do, weird or? ( but it´s better this heigh upon her head than a bit lower on her forhead)
Old 12-10-2003, 05:53 PM
Swedishroyalsfan

"s there anyone else that comes to think about Mickey Mouse when Victoria wears the 4 button tiara, because I do, weird or? wacko.gif ( but it´s better this heigh upon her head than a bit lower on her forhead)"

OMG, Alva. I just noticed that. You are funny. This seems like a funny board.
Old 12-10-2003, 06:06 PM
Majesty

--------

-------
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	87
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	30528   Click image for larger version

Views:	57
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	30529  
Old 12-10-2003, 06:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Alva@Dec 10th, 2003 - 4:51 pm

Is there anyone else that comes to think about Mickey Mouse when Victoria wears the 4 button tiara, because I do, weird or? ( but it´s better this heigh upon her head than a bit lower on her forhead)
..you´re right, like a mutated mickey mouse.
If I wouldn´t know the princesses and you would show me two pictures of them from this evening..I would say Madeleine is the crown princess and not Victoria...and that just because of the tiaras. Victoria should have chosen a more regal one. The 4-button-tiara was her teenage/young twen-tiara.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Now that I am home and can appreciate these lovely pictures posted by everybody I can seem them more properly without the glare from my ceiling-high windows. And I can really appreciate the lovely make up job on Victoria. Perfect for an evening function but not so overdone so that it's obvious, like make up with a side of Crown Princess Victoria! You see first Victoria's lovely features, which the make up enhances but doesn't overwhelm.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:25 PM
Nobility

Victoria is pretty, but Madeleine is stunning. She could be a model.