The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-03-2005, 05:16 PM
Nobility

Do any other royals attend the Nobel ceremonies besides Sweden's?

Old 07-03-2005, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by delineate
Do any other royals attend the Nobel ceremonies besides Sweden's?
Not by tradition or so, but occasionally. In 2002, Princess Benedikte of Denmark attended the banquet.

Old 12-10-2005, 09:44 AM
Courtier

Aftonbladet has posted photos of Lillians Nobel dresses through the years with grades from a "fashion knowhow" from one + up to five +, five being the highest grade.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/mode/s...743905,00.html

Klick on the link next where it says Bildspecial to open the review.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:10 AM
Aristocracy

from 1985...princess lillian wore the six button tiara every nobel except for 6...does anybody know why she wear it all the time?
Old 12-12-2005, 09:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

thanks for all the wonderful photos everyone!

the nobel is such a wonderful glittering event. not only does everyone look wonderful, they all seem very happy too. it's so festive. i love that.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well...
...actually Queen silvia has been wearing rather more haute couture dresses than the Royal Court would like the general public to know.
There's not only the great black & white 1993 Nobel dress by Nina Ricci, but Nina Ricci also created the 1995 Nobel pink & grey silk tafetta dress, the 1997 turquoise & black print dress and the fairytale-like 2001 white 'ballerina' dress.
In addition to this, Queen Silvia keeps wearing Valentino (the pink gown last seen during the state visit to Australia), Caroline Herrera and Natan, among others.
Jacques Zehnder, a very discreet Paris couturier, has been Queen Silvia's recent favorite - so she is definitely wearing haute couture but obviously chooses not to give her designers free publicity like other Royals do. This way, she's opting for the good 'old-fashioned' way but nevertheless, most of her gowns are definitely haute couture.
As far as the upcoming Nobel is concerned, I fear that we won't see Queen Silvia wearing a new dress.
My prediction is that it will either be the heavily embroidered white & silver dress last seen during the state visit to Thailand or the lavender dress last seen for the King of Thailand's Diamond Jubilee.
No new real 'grand' evening gown has appeared ever since then... but then we can always hope for a happy surprise on Dec. 10, can't we...
Old 11-28-2007, 01:47 PM
Serene Highness

I thought princess Lillian's dress was more beautiful than Silvia's. But the queen had a beautiful necklace and a beautiful tiara.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Some photos from Nobel Ceremonies

1977 Queen Silvia
Corbis
Old 11-30-2007, 01:57 PM
Royal Highness

What a beautiful Queen Silvia is! I really enjoyed all the photos, and it was nice to see Victoria as she was maturing, too. Fun thread!

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Nobility

Princess Lilian is much beautiful dress and she is 91 year activing!!!! More photo on Princess Lilian 2000-2006?? Princess Lilian is grand old lady of royal familys sweden!

She is 92 activing!!!, sorry not she is 91!
Old 12-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

More photos:
Silvia
Corbis
Silvia, Carl Gustaf and Lilian
Corbis
Old 12-08-2007, 02:08 PM
Nobility

Thanks you!!! with photos on Princess Lilians dress nobel!!! Princess is grand lady of royal family Sweden!
Old 12-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Nobility

I can't wait for monday!!!!
Old 12-08-2007, 04:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

As a tribute to the 'Grande Dame' of the Nobel ceremony, and on the sad occasion of not seeing her attend this year, here's a review of Princess Lilian of Sweden through the Nobel years.

With Queen Silvia and the Queen's parents in 1981:
ANP Beeldbank
1983:
Förhandsvisning av ' 199184.jpg ' - Sjöberg bild +46 (0) 940 360 14 *|*registrera dig eller e-posta
1987:
Förhandsvisning av ' 199182.jpg ' - Sjöberg bild +46 (0) 940 360 14 *|*registrera dig eller e-posta
1990:
Förhandsvisning av ' TR8980.jpg ' - Sjöberg bild +46 (0) 940 360 14 *|*registrera dig eller e-posta

..and aided by Queen Silvia at what hopefully won't become her last Nobel appearance , in 2006:
ANP Beeldbank
Old 12-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
As a tribute to the 'Grande Dame' of the Nobel ceremony, and on the sad occasion of not seeing her attend this year, here's a review of Princess Lilian of Sweden through the Nobel years.

With Queen Silvia and the Queen's parents in 1981:
ANP Beeldbank
1983:
Förhandsvisning av ' 199184.jpg ' - Sjöberg bild +46 (0) 940 360 14 *|*registrera dig eller e-posta
1987:
Förhandsvisning av ' 199182.jpg ' - Sjöberg bild +46 (0) 940 360 14 *|*registrera dig eller e-posta
1990:
Förhandsvisning av ' TR8980.jpg ' - Sjöberg bild +46 (0) 940 360 14 *|*registrera dig eller e-posta
2000:
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65
2002:
2004:
...and aided by Queen Silvia at what hopefully won't become her last Nobel appearance , in 2006:
ANP Beeldbank

Great photos. Thank. When was the last time Prince Bertil was present ?? Just looked through the photos in the thread and it looks he was not present in 1995 and 1996. Did he attend the last time in 1994 ??

Royal Travel and Events

Old 12-08-2007, 06:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess View Post
This thread is for Nobel years which don't have their own thread (only 2002, 2003 and 2004 does). I felt that it was needed since I have pics that I want to share from past Nobel years, so I will post them here. This can also be a conclusive thread for things to do with past Nobel things (historically, questions etc).

First, some historical pictures:

King Gustaf VI Adolf in 1948 (Corbis)
Dear GrandDuchess, I would deeply appreciate some feedback in reference to that picture:
1) If the year was 1948, then King Gustav VI Adolf was still the Heir to the Throne, but I do not see the King
2) Is the person to Gustav VI Adolf's right Louise Mountbatten?
3) Is the person next to her Prince Bertil?
Old 12-08-2007, 06:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe Egalite' View Post
Dear GrandDuchess, I would deeply appreciate some feedback in reference to that picture:
1) If the year was 1948, then King Gustav VI Adolf was still the Heir to the Throne, but I do not see the King
2) Is the person to Gustav VI Adolf's right Louise Mountbatten?
3) Is the person next to her Prince Bertil?
1) I suppose it was 1948 since I wrote it was and was ony following the year given in the picture's caption. That is King Gustaf VI Adolf, but of course at the time he was not King yet, perhaps I should've cleared that out by posting his correct title at the time. I suppose he stood in for King Gustav V who might've been to poorly to attend, just like King Carl XVI Gustaf did for his grandfather.

2 & 3) Yes, to the right if you look at the picture from their perspective. If you look at the screen perspective Louise and Bertil are next to her on the left side of the screen.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:08 PM
Nobility

Princess Lilian is much beautiful royal familys tiara and dress! Princess Lilian photo 2006,see she is much eldery woman now and queen Silvia help Princess Lilian talking. Princess Lilian is much more happy and humour royal family of Sweden.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:13 PM
Aristocracy

I would like to say this and it is heartfelt.
The Nobel Prize Ceremony is certainly a unique annual world event that in everyone's mind is linked to the entire Swedish Royal Family. But in my soul, somehow, it is specifically and intricately linked to HRH, Princess Lilian, The Duchess of Halland (I took the liberty to add the The for she deserves it).
Upon trying to analyze why I feel that way, I came up with the explanation that, while in these events, the World honors Scientific, Literary and Humanistic achievement, the World also honors in The Duchess's person the unique set of values and principles she has stood for, for a lifetime.
My homage to you, Madam.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:40 PM
Heir Apparent

I know it's not done, and there's no reason that it should be, but I'd love to see all the Scandinavian Houses attend the Noble Prize ceremony. The Dane's of course have no function to play, but could be guests of Their Majesties, The King's and Queen's of Sweden and Norway.

To see them all together at such a world event would be just fantastic.

First row: King Carl XVI Gustav, Queen Sonja, King Karald, Queen Silvia and Princess Lilian.

Second row: Crown Princess Victoria, Crown Prince Haakon Magnus, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Prince Carl Phillip and Princess Madeleine

Thrid row: Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Crown Prince Federik, Crown Princess Mary, Prince Joachim and Princesss Benedikte.

Ahh, it was a nice thought..hehe.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent