The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-29-2006, 07:06 PM
Nobility

What is their connection to the RF? I know they have the same surname, but I'm not sure of the connection.

Old 05-30-2006, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by robby86
What is their connection to the RF? I know they have the same surname, but I'm not sure of the connection.
There are several non-dynastic males whom are titled Bernadotte of Wisborg, but this thread mainly focuses on the ones from Mainau, the family of the late Count Lennart Bernadotte of Wisborg. Lennart was the son of Prince Wilhelm (son of King Gustav V) and Princess Maria (Grand Duchess Maria Pavlovna of Russia)

Old 09-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Courtier

To all German speaking members: there is a new Doku-Soap on SWR starting September 13, 2008 at 3:10 p.m. called " blue blood and red roses" on the life on the flower island mainau featuring in particular different members of the Bernadotte family.

Dreharbeiten mit blauem Blut und roten Rosen - Regionen | SWR.de

Ab dem 13. September jeden Samstag um 15.10 Uhr: Mainau - Blaues Blut und rote Rosen - SWR Fernsehen | SWR.de
Old 09-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Nobility

Oh, cool!
I just learned today that Bettina speaks fluent Swedish! Didn't know that, she seemed to completely German to me.
Whatever comes, she said, cannot alter one thing. If I am a princess in rags and tatters, I can be a princess inside. It would be easy to be a princess if I were dressed in cloth of gold, but it is a great deal more of a triumpf to be one all the time when no one knows it. (F.Hogdson Burnett)
Old 09-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Courtier

The husband of Countess Catherina Bernadotte is fired as head of controlling of the island Mainau: Ehemann von Mainau-Gräfin verliert Job | suedkurier.de

He started in marketing in 2004, married 7/7/2007 . Also 2007 he was appointed to be the Controller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Schloss Mainau is a major tourist attraction and many events are held on the island throughout the year. Here is the website.
Please note though, that the management of the island is very business orientated. E.g. if you want to go to a concert there, you have to pay once for the concert plus you have to pay entrance for the island (which is not inclusive in the concert ticket) plus you will have to pay for the parking unless you come by bus ....

So really, it is expansive!

What is fair though, is the season ticket. It is available for one year starting the day you buy it, e.g. 9-9-2008 to 9-8-2009. I appreciate this handling. However I decline that one has to pay additional entrance to the island for going to a concert or another event! In Salem for instance you pay the concert ticket only and entrance to the castle is included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
The husband of Countess Catherina Bernadotte is fired as head of controlling of the island Mainau: Ehemann von Mainau-Gräfin verliert Job | suedkurier.de

He started in marketing in 2004, married 7/7/2007 . Also 2007 he was appointed to be the Controller.
Part Two:

Differenzen zwischen Gräfin und Schwager | suedkurier.de

The wife - Gräfin Catherina - and her two cents of wisdom concerning the affair. Sometimes silence is golden .... I don't see any good in communicating these things via a newspaper. If her husband and Gräfin Bettina had agreed upon silence, she should have followed suit.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:47 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I have moved the sad information about the death of Countess Sonja Bernadotte and the replies to it to this thread.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Aristocracy

here are two videos about the Bernadotte familiy. There will be more videos in the next days.

DasErste.de - ARD Morgenmagazin - Live & unterwegs - Von Rang und Namen

klick on " Teil 1 aus der Sendung"
and " Teil 2 aus der Sendung" to see the short videos.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:58 AM
Courtier

suedkurier.de | Traumhochzeit auf der Mainau: Graf Björn heiratet

Marriage of Count Björn, son of the late Count Lennart and Countess Sonja, and Sandra Angerer will take place on May 7, 2009. The couple met in Rorschach, Switzerland, during their studies.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:58 AM
Courtier

suedkurier.de | Graf Bernadotte bleibt an der Spitze

Count Björn has been electec unanimously for another turn as president of the society of nature and culture
Old 03-27-2009, 06:54 PM

I heard that Marianne Bernadotte is celebrating her 85th birthday this year. Nobody cant imagine she is 85! I think it will be a big party !

erik
Old 03-28-2009, 10:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Erik , Is Marianne the widow of Prince Carl, Queen Astrid's brother ???
Old 03-28-2009, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

No, she is the widow of the late Count Sigvard, born Prince Sigvard, the second son of King Gustav VI Adolf and his first wife Crown Princess Margaret.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Courtier

http://www.scienceblogs.de/lindaunob...chavan_540.jpg

Nice picture of Countess Bettina Bernadotte Haug during the opening of this year's meeting of nobelprice-laureates. Next to her you can see Annette Schavan, the German minister for education.

In particular I like her hat
Old 08-25-2009, 05:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Countess Bettina is chairwoman of "MiniKöche", a institution offers cooking courses to children.

Mainau-Gräfin Bettina Bernadotte ist Schirmherrin der "MiniKöche" in Europa | all-in.de - das Allgäu online!
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Courtier

Count Christian Bernadotte (30), the second son of the late count Lennart and the late countess Sonja Bernadotte became engaged to Christine Stoltmann (31), his longtime girlfriend.
The bride to be is a nurse working with physically and mentally handicaped persons.

Source: suedkurrier.de
Old 10-14-2009, 12:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Does anyone know how much the children of Lennart and Karin are in contact with the children of Lennart and Sonia?

Thank you!
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Does anyone know how much the children of Lennart and Karin are in contact with the children of Lennart and Sonia?

Thank you!
The children of Lennart and Sonja has, as far as I know, a very good contact with the eldest one in the family of brothers and sisters; Birgitta (m. Straehl), who actually lives near Konstanz and Mainau. She is often present at family meetings in Mainau.

The relationship with Jan and Cecilia isn't very good. As you can see in this thread, they were not even mentioned in Lennart's obituary notice...
Old 06-17-2010, 11:56 PM
Gentry

Have they confirmed their attendance to Victoria's wedding?
Old 06-26-2010, 06:11 AM
Courtier

Countess Bettina Bernadotte (Mainau) will talk about her attendance at Victoria´s wedding tonight at German TV-channel "SWR" at "Menschen der Woche".