The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-02-2015, 07:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Countess Sandra Bernadotte delivered the diploms at the 29th International Mainau Youth Games. The Lennart Bernadotte Foundation has since 1986 organized the Youth Games. 16 schools from Baden-Württemberg, Bavaria, Austria, Liechtenstein and Switzerland took part. They had to go a course with a total of ten stations. The first task was a musical performance "Mainau May music" on theme "Journey through Europe".
At the other stations they had to solve tasks about nature and the environment in the areas of water, forest, animals and garden.
Schönwald_ Schönwälder Schüler auf der Mainau aktiv - Schönwald - Schwarzwälder Bote

Old 05-14-2015, 08:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

An absolutely great documentary about count Lennart Bernadotte and his families has been shown on ARD last December. Count Lennart tells about his grandparents, his parents, his life, there is a lot of old film material. His children continue his work: Catherina, Bettina, Björn, Diana and Björn's wife Sandra are interviewed. Also Lennart's children from his first marriage, Birgitta and Jan are interviewed. Birgitta and Björn visit the house their grandparents lived in Stockholm, they visit the Royal Palace and see once again the lovely boat where Lennart, Sonja and their children spend some time in Sweden during the summers. Birgitta was often with them.
Video _Die Bernadottes und die Mainau_ _ SWR Fernsehen _ ARD Mediathek

Countess Diana Bernadotte was interviewed on 6th May at ARD about her hats. She presents her new collection at the "Gräflichen Inselfest" on 14th - 17th May at the Mainau Castle.
Video _Diana Gräfin Bernadotte_ _ Landesschau Baden-Württemberg _ ARD Mediathek

Old 05-14-2015, 08:48 AM
Heir Apparent

So half-siblings have to have a strong bond between each other, despite enormous age differences (Birgitta could have been a grandmother to Diana)
Old 05-14-2015, 10:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Countess Bettina Bernadotte took part at the opening of garden show Gartenschau Enzgärten 2015 in Mühlacker on 9th May.
http://www.gartenschau-muehlacker.de...inigartner.jpg
http://www.gabot.de/uploads/pics/1_9707d3.jpg
Old 05-14-2015, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

That is a very interesting documentary on Count Lennart and his family. I used to have no idea about the extent of his work on films, that he had actually won an Oscar, his photography, or that he had started out on the Mainau as a farmer, with 30 cows and 2 horses. He tells how the island had been open for visitors and after a while the visitors asked if there were postcards to buy. So they started selling postcards. Slowly the island as a tourist destination developed, first a cafe, later a real restaurant, and then they started to turn the island into a park.

Coutess Birgitta stated that she and Countess Sonja got along very well from the beginning.

Old 05-25-2015, 12:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Interview of countess Sandra Bernadotte
Sandra Gräfin Bernadotte: «Mein Mann liebt Wurst-Käse-Salat»
Translation
Old 05-28-2015, 08:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Countess Marianne Bernadotte inaugurated on 7th May the exhibition "Sophia - Drottning i Tiden" at the Sofiero Castle.
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...2a&oe=55C872D0
http://iconosquare.com/p/979918570312815992_20794980
Old 06-02-2015, 02:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

A lovely short documentary of the spring of the Mainau Island. Bettina, Björn, Sandra and Diana Bernadotte are interviewed. During the Comital Island Party countess Diana always has a fashion show of her new hat collection and Bettina, Björn, Sandra, Diana's fiancé and Diana's daughter help Diana and act as models.
Die Mainau, Blumenschiff der Bernadottes ZDF Mediathek
Old 06-12-2015, 06:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning tells about count Björn Bernadotte's 40th birthday, which is tomorrow, 13th June. Björn's wife Sandra and sister Bettina have planned a program with lot of events to celebrate the birthday in the Mainau Island. The program includes walking at the garden, skeet shooting, boat trips, tours at the city and a ball at the Castle. The celebration continues until the last weekend of June and relatives from Bernadotte and Romanoff families are thought to attend.

Perhaps Björn's family celebrates his birthday on Sunday, because Bettina, her husband and son are invited to Carl Philip's wedding.
Old 06-13-2015, 03:50 AM
Serene Highness

Interesting that Bettina and her family seems to be the only from Count Lennarts family who are invited.
Old 06-13-2015, 03:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Why only Bettina?
Old 06-13-2015, 04:11 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Why only Bettina?

I don't know. Björns birthday is today so maybe he has been invited but said no. As far as i understand it is Bettina and Björn who are closest to the Swedish royal family.
Old 06-13-2015, 04:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to Svensk Damtidning, Bettina's and Philipp's son Emil is Carl Philip's godson. Emil (born in July 2005) is also at the guest list. So that may be the reason why they are invited.
Both Bettina and Björn attended at Victoria's wedding. Neither of them attended at Madeleine's wedding, so they probably weren't invited.
Old 06-13-2015, 04:19 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't believe because his birthday said no to go to the wedding.
Old 06-13-2015, 05:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Count Björn has given a long interview to "Anzeiger", he is on the cover.
http://www.anzeiger.biz/graph/aktuel...samtes-pdf.pdf

Björn saves dinner speeches and ceremonies to his 70th birthday. On the 40th birthday on Saturday Björn wants a loose party. He has invited about 200 guests, relatives of the family Bernadotte and Romanow. "Milestone birthdays are traditionally something bigger, that was already with my parents like that." It is celebrated at home. What is beyond most of the space frame, is, if you own a castle. Count Björn is the host on the island of Mainau, lives with his wife Sandra an apartment in the baroque castle.¨
Together with his sister Bettina, he is responsible for the tourist attraction and for up to 300 employees in the Mainau Island. He refers to this team as "wonderful dual leadership". With his sister, he gets along well, even though the relationship has changed: "It is no longer a purely informal and between siblings, but also professional".
Björn has to share the island with thousands of visitors every day, it does not matter. He knows how he can create his privacy. It is quite possible to open on a Sunday morning in his pajamas the window, he says, laughing. "We must just choose the right window." For his wife, the constant presence of strangers was a bigger challenge. Even that they have employees around them, who take care of the palace. "She had to get used to it."
My wife Sandra is for me
a benchmark in my life. My greatest supporter, but also my biggest critic. Someone with whom I can always deal, and I know that she stands behind me unconditionally. A very important partner in my life.
If I had the Mainau a whole day to myself,
I would play golf. No, I can not say that (laughs). I would invite my family and make a really nice picnic.
So lebt es sich als Schlossherr auf der Insel Mainau Anzeiger
Translation
Old 06-14-2015, 04:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

After sibling feud: The countess gets the house
Countess Cecilia Bernadotte af Wisborg felt that she had been tricked into giving away her farm.
Now, the Court of Appeal gives her the right to get back the house - and Count Jan Bernadotte rages against the judgment.
- The lawyers have done wrong, he says to Expressen.

Cecilia inherited Karl-Johan farm on Hyltingeö from her mother Karin Bernadotte.
A few years ago the farm was written over on Gunilla Bernadotte, Jan Bernadotte's 7th wife, through a deed of gift. But according to Cecilia it was never her meaning to give away the farm, which led to a long legal dispute.
- Cecilia was used and did not understand in her disturbed state what she did, said her lawyer Helena Kalliomäki.
The Svea Court of Appeal decided that it was invalid to give away the house considering Cecilia Bernadotte's health. The Court of Appeal considers it is contrary to "good faith". Jan and Gunilla Bernadotte lose the right to housing and must pay Cecilia's costs. Cecilia has been away from the family farm for almost two years and had to stay in another apartment in the meantime.
- The Court of Appeal's ruling means a total failure of our counterparty to enrich my client. Cecilia was very happy about the decision and began to cry. The sun has come back into her life. She said: "Now I can go home," said lawyer Kalliomäki.
Count Jan is not as favorable to the judgment and accuses lawyers for having done wrong.
- They have misjudged Cecilia's health. My wife Gunilla is completely innocent of these accusations that she would have tricked Cecilia, he says.
Now, the parties have to the July 7th time to appeal to the Supreme Court. None of them intend to appeal at present.
Efter syskonfejden_ Grevinnan får huset _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation
Old 06-14-2015, 04:54 AM
Heir Apparent

What ails Cecilia?
Old 06-14-2015, 05:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
What ails Cecilia?
It hasn't been told at the press. Cecilia has just said that she has been feeling ill during the last years.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photo of countess Diana Bernadotte's hat fashion show at the Comital Island Party in May.
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010090...46073361198739
Old 06-21-2015, 02:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Mainau GmbH, Lennart Bernadotte Foundation and the Ministry for Environment, Climate and Energy of Baden-Württemberg organised the first " Mainauer sustainability dialogue - prospects for human and environment" day on Friday 19th June.
Insel Mainau_ 1. Mainauer Nachhaltigkeitsdialog – Perspektiven für Mensch und Umwelt

Countess Bettina Bernadotte stated: "On Mainau we strive for a balance between economy and ecology and social responsibility, while working closely with regional partners is important to us", especially in terms of energy supply, the island has in recent years consistently worked on sustainability and may thus an example for other companies as well as cities and towns.
"In the protection of the climate every individual can achieve something," said court Björn Bernadotte.
Aktuelle Meldung_ Ministerium für Umwelt, Klima und Energiewirtschaft Baden-Württemberg
Translation