The big fat Nobel 2005 guessing thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which of the Swedish Royal Ladies will wear a new dress at the Nobel 2005?

• Queen Silvia

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Crown Princess Victoria

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Princess Lilian

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Princess Madeleine

Votes: 25 55.6%
  • Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandDuchess

Heir Apparent
City
Somwhere
Country
Sweden
Here is a new 2005 version of the thread that member Lena started in 2004. This thread is opened at her request, and she will shortly add her questions to you all.

Please remember to observe the TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines while posting.

And here member Lena is ;) This year I will make the system less complicated with more free choices:

Which colours will the Royal Ladies wear?

Which Tiaras will the Royal Ladies choose?

Which hairdos will the Royal Ladies choose (hair up or down...)?

Who will look loveliest?

For the case you think that some or all will wear recycled clothes, which gowns would/could they choose?

Will the NPA 2005 be better than the one in 2004?

The poll above is MULTIPLE choice. So you can choose more than one (and I guess one nearly HAS TO ;) ...but let´s hope for the best)

Last edited:

I hope Victoria wears red, as she looks best with that colour. I guess Madeleine will again chose a soft colour like a light pink or yellow.
Silvia probably wears a strong colour like red. As Victoria, that colour suits her best.

I really have no clue, but I´d like to see Victoria with a more "grown-up" tiara than usual.

Madeleine will have locks, Victoria will wear her hair up.
Silvia will of course wear her hair up.

Who will look loveliest?

This year I think Victoria will look better than Madeleine.

For the case you think that some or all will wear recycled clothes, which gowns would/could they choose?

I´m almost sure that they will not recycle clothes. After all, the Nobel price is too important.

I sure hope so! Although Victoria was quite pretty in 2004.

Last edited:
Victoria: Red
Lilian: Blue
Silvia: White
Christina: I don't even know who she is so I don't know..
Madeleine: Baby Blue
Victoria: Hair down
Lilian: Hair up
Silvia: Hair Up
Madeleine: Hair Down
Who will look loveliest?
Lilian!
Victoria: The frog dress of course! nono.. The one she did use on the official visit to Norway earlier this year
Madeleine: Don't know much about her dresses...
Silvia: I loved the one she did use on the official visit from Norway earlier this year
No clue.. ehhh...Yes...No

Colours of dresses:
- HM the Queen: pale pink
- HRH the Crown Princess: lavender
- HRH Princess Lilian: soft yellow
- HRH Princess Madeleine: red
- Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnusson: blue

I'm pretty sure Madeleine will wear the Six Button Tiara since she has worn the Fringe tiara way too many times and the aquamarine one is so small. I have no idea about Victoria's tiara (hopefully not the Four Button Tiara, or we'll have too many buttons). Maybe Victoria will wear the Baden Fringe Tiara? She has only worn that tiara to one nobel...Nobel 2001? Silvia, will wear the Connaught Diamond Tiara or the Nine Prong Tiara (her favorites it seems) since she wore the sapphire one last year or she might change it up a bit and go with ruby and gold tiara. Just a guess!

Last edited:
soCal girl said:
I'm pretty sure Madeleine will wear the Six Button Tiara since she has worn the Fringe tiara way too many times and the aquamarine one is so small. I have no idea about Victoria's tiara (hopefully not the Four Button Tiara, or we'll have too many buttons). Maybe Victoria will wear the Baden Fringe Tiara? She has only worn that tiara to one nobel...Nobel 2001? Silvia, will wear the Connaught Diamond Tiara or the Nine Prong Tiara (her favorites it seems) since she wore the sapphire one last year or she might change it up a bit and go with ruby and gold tiara. Just a guess!

I have to agree! I think Madeleine will wear the six button tiara, Victoria will wear the Baden Fringe Tiara, and I think Silvia will wear the Nine Prong. As far as gowns, I think Silvia's will be a repeat with maybe Madeleine and/or Victoria with a new gown.

Nobel

I think we will see Princess Madeleine in a new dress.:) Maybe she will wear the new one she was going to wear for the Nobel 2004 awards? But didn't because she couldn't go due to being ill.

Perhaps Princess Madeleine will give us a huge treat this year - lovely hair, beautiful dress etc! I can't wait for this years Nobel, we have less than one month to go!:) :cool:

Silvia yellow or orange, Victoria blue or green (but NOT the one from fred & marys wedding), Madeleine Blue or red, Lillian light yellow or green

Silvia the nine prong tiara, Victoria the baden fringe or amethyst tiara, Madeleine the six button tiara, Lillian the laurel leaf tiara

Silvia hair up (in a very special way as always stunning!), Victoria hair up, Madeleine hair down (like 2002), Lillian as usual

Who will look loveliest?

Victoria (or lillian)

Victoria: Not the green dress, don´t even think about wearing it! ;)

Yes I think so, I would like to have more Regal dresses (bigger like silvia used to wear)

hm, her dresses are most of the time in the same colorscheme, different shades of blue, or creamy golden. with one big red exeption.....
i just hope it will be a new dress(for her, as well as her mum, sister and aunt), and that it won't be blueish for a change.
and don't you think that her make up was pretty heavy these last official galaevents? it often looked like a mask. well, i just have to wait and see, i guess.

Victoria, green
Silvia white with flowers
madeleine pink
lilian blue

Silvia cameo don´t fit the dress i have in min but she has not worn it for a few years
madeleine sic botton
victoria coonegh
lilian prince bertil tiara

silvia hair up
Madeleine hair down
victoria hair up
lilian hair down

Who will look loveliest?
victoria

silvia the one she wore in spain and in australia the one with flowers she wore it also at a recent wedding in sweden
madeleine her pink dress she wore in denmark

I think so

Just a thought...do you think Madeleine will wear the pink dress from the Danish Royal Wedding? :eek: ...It's a nice dress but she's worn it twice, but with the Swedish Royal Ladies, there seems to be no limit to recycling. I hope to see her in a deep blue color, she's never worn blue to a gala except to the Innocence Ball and the same dress to one of the Netherlands' pre-wedding celebration.

Last edited:
Dresses

I think we will see Princess Madeleine in a new dress this year, maybe the one she intended to wear to last years Nobel. Hopefully we will see Crown Princess Victoria in a new dress or one she has only worn a couple of times.

Silvia: copper
Victoria: green (not the frog dress...I rather think of a bright bottle-green)
Madeleine: blue
Lilian: beige/yellow

Silvia: The Nine Prong Diamond Tiara
Victoria: Napoleonic Amethyst Tiara (I hope though for a generous Mamma Silvia)
Madeleine: King Carl Gustaf's Fringe Tiara
Lilian: Six Button Tiara

Silvia: hair up
Victoria: hair up
Madeleine: hair down

Who will look loveliest?
When we exclude Lilians ALWAYS sweet appearance, then I would say Victoria

I could imagine Silvia wearing this copper coloured dress, she has worn for the french state visit to Sweden in 2000.
Even when I try to think hard, I can´t think of a dress, which wasn´t worn 1000 times of Madeleine & Victoria. But I fear there´s also nr. 1001 :rolleyes: :(

Yes, except Madeleine is ill again. Or when all Ladies would wear recycled dresses. But then I would push the Westling-o-meter up to 98% (so much modesty must have a reason) and this wouldn´t be bad either ;)

PS: A question I had asked last year was on most cleavage. I would say Madeleine will win the race here ;)

Last edited:
Lena said:
PS: A question I had asked last year was on most cleavage. I would say Madeleine will win the race here ;)

I would think that you´re right here, even though Victoria sometimes show a little more than usual, so who knows... (maybe it´ll be Silvia or Lillian :eek: )

rop81 said:
I would think that you´re right here, even though Victoria sometimes show a little more than usual, so who knows... (maybe it´ll be Silvia or Lillian :eek: )

:D :D She was 90 years so sweet, lovely and discreet, now she should get jester´s license to do what she wants. So why not ;)

I did very bad last year but will try again this year

Silvia: Pink
Victoria: Burgundy
Madde: Pastels
Lilian: Red-ish

Silvia: 9 pronge
Victoria: Fringe (fingers crossed and hoping for the connaught or atleast some new bling around her neck)
Madde: 6 button (yuck)
Lilian: Laurel wreath

Silvia. Up
Victoria. Up
Madde: down
Lilian. She will sport her usual senior hairdo and look lovely as usual

Who will look loveliest?
Lilian always looks darling but I will choose Madeleine and hope she makes up for the matronly apparance two years ago and her non apparance last year and her non apparance I dont understand the next day:mad: so she better take it all the way.

Silvia will wear the pink dress she has only worn *once* at the state visit to Iceland. Madeleine and Victoria have worn all their dresses so many times, and Victoria has also change body shape so I just think (and hopes) they will get something new after this year with repeat after repeat after repeat

Yes, last year was not very impressing IMO

Silvia: Dark bright colour, burgundy or bronze
Victoria: No pastels, perhaps bright blue, royal blue
Madde: I want to say pastel green or yellow
Lilian: Some bright colour, perhaps red

Silvia: Cameo
Victoria: A new one (9 prong?)
Madde: 6 button
Lilian: Fringe

Silvia. Up
Victoria. Up
Madde: down
Lilian: Down

Who will look loveliest?
Madeleine

If anyone repeats I think it will be Silvia

Yup!

I can´t wait to see what they will wear - and if I have got some of my guesses right (not likely...). Only three days left :D

rop81 said:
I can´t wait to see what they will wear - and if I have got some of my guesses right (not likely...). Only three days left :D

An now it´s only 1. Jaha! :D
According to the poll, it seems most think Madeleine will wear a new dress. Well, this is surely easier than to think, what dress she could recycle again. ;)

Lillian: Yellow or a light red
Madeleine: Red
Victoria: Dark blue
Silvia : Purple

Lilian: Down
Madeleine: Up
Victoria: Up
Silvia: Up

Who will look loveliest?

Victoria!

Victoria may repeat the red gown from Australia

Yes, not least of all because Madeleine will be attending...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom