Swedish Weddings, Churches, etc

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hrhcp

Royal Highness
Country
Canada
Now that the crown princes of Belgium, Norway and the Netherlands are married, and the crown prince of Denmark has 'announced' his engagement, will the Crown Princess be 'free' to follow her heart?

Most of the european crown princes were born in the late sixties, and Victoria was born in late seventies, so there´s a gap of about ten years...and Victoria is just 26, so I would say, that she has still enough time to find somebody, who she loves really. But of course as woman she can´t wait as long as for example prince Philippe of Belgium.

I don´t think so, but maybe she can´t wait as long as the princes
its a bit risky to give birth if you are to old...
she has a few years untill she have to deside I think...

Is she the only heir left that is not yet married?

Last edited by a moderator:
If we count just heirs of kings/queens of europe...she´s the last one. There´s just poor Albert out there, who is unmarried too. But as we all know, he´s just the heir of a prince.

f we count just heirs of kings/queens of europe...she´s the last one. There´s just poor Albert out there, who is unmarried too.
... and poor Prince Charles too, once married.

She will wait as long as she wants to. Maybe she hasn't found the right guy yet...

was it only Haakon who was under 30 when he got married how old were the others?

wonder if her wedding will ba a gala as in denmark and Norway or a morning wedding

Josefine said:
wonder if her wedding will ba a gala as in denmark and Norway or a morning wedding
I hope and guess, that it will be an afternoon-wedding. The best Royal weddings I´ve watched (and I´ve watched all since prince Edward´s wedding...partly also princess Christina´s wedding) on TV were those of the 2 scandinavian crown princes.
But I would wish (though I know that this is almost an fact), that they (Victoria & ???) wouldn´t marry in "Storkyrkan" (Stockholm´s big cathedral). Don´t get me wrong...it´s a nice buildung, but so "dark" inside.

Swedish wedding

I heard that it is tradition in Sweden for the heir to marry first. So if Victoria doesn't marry just yet Daniel or anybody else, than Carl Philip wont either nor Madeleine. He could (do I doubt since they make a cute couple) break up with Emma. I mean Felipe was with Eva Sannum during 5 years and then they broke up. So anything could happen.

I've never heard of this tradition. It seems sort of unfair doesn't it? To ask Carl Phillip and Madeleine to put their lives on hold and wait until Victoria marries before they can marry their partners?

What happened in the case of the King and his sisters? I thought that they married before he did?

They all married before he did but they were also all older as well.

There is no such rule. It is the press who have written that they think Victoria has to get married first. They can do however they want too when it comes to order of marriage in a timeline.

It isn't an obligation, but a tradition. That's all.

Solange said:
It isn't an obligation, but a tradition. That's all.
How long ago was the tradition? And I wonder for how many generations such a tradition lasted?

It certainly didn't occur during the last several generations if the King was married after his sisters, no matter how old they were or how young he was. So I can't see that the King would hold his own children to such a tradition, knowing as long as Carl Phillip and Emma have been together especially.

I don't think that Victoria will marry first. Let's see for example the Netherlands. A crownprincely wedding is a very big event with protocal, organisation, etc. etc. If they let Carl-Philip or madeleine marry first, the organisers at the court get experience (and the media, tv stations doing the coverage) Also the royal family itself can see how everything will develop. This things they will take into mind when it is time to organise the big wedding.

royal_sophietje said:
I don't think that Victoria will marry first. Let's see for example the Netherlands. A crownprincely wedding is a very big event with protocal, organisation, etc. etc. If they let Carl-Philip or madeleine marry first, the organisers at the court get experience (and the media, tv stations doing the coverage) Also the royal family itself can see how everything will develop. This things they will take into mind when it is time to organise the big wedding.
That's not fair to say though that Carl Phillip and Madeleine's weddings will be "practice" or "trial runs" for the royal court, wedding organizers and the media for the "real" event of Victoria's wedding.

Victoria will get married whenever she is prepared to, whether that be first amongst her siblings or second or last.

In other nations the Crown Prince has married first as well as after his siblings. In Spain Felipe married after both of his sisters, as did Frederik after Joachim. But in Norway Haakon married before his sister Martha Louise.

I think there is no protocol in the order of when weddings should take place, period.

what do you think about places they can get married

i understand that victoria will get married in Stockholm
but i would love to see carl philip and madeleine get married in other parts of the country

Uppsala Cathedral

you can see inside the church - Virtuell rundvandring
http://www.uppsaladomkyrkoforsamling.se/

Lund Cathedral

see inside the church here
http://www.lundsdomkyrka.org/domkyrkan/domkrundhogkor.shtml

or the ice church in Kiruna
http://www.jukkasjarviforsamling.com/img.php?parent=6

Attachments

• CS005239.jpg
    CS005239.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 602
  • 745860-Uppsala_Domkyrka-Uppsala.jpg
    745860-Uppsala_Domkyrka-Uppsala.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 2,121
    12.7 KB · Views: 1,159
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,291
  • 6_2001-07-16_34.jpg
    6_2001-07-16_34.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 387
for a second a really thought there was a wedding going on :D

Perhaps Madeleine and Carl Philip could have their wedding in their Countys, it would be Karlstad and Gävle?!

Hi i´ve a little question:

What have to happen that Victoria will not being heir?
Means: When has CP or Madde have to do this job?
It is just a question that i´m interested in :)

Cerasma said:

If Victoria abdicates(?) (right word? "gives up her right to the swedish throne") Or, god forbid, something happends to her.
I dont think the King can change the succesion in favour of Carl Philip or Madeleine, like what happend in Jordan when King Abdullah became heir.

oh no god forbid, she makes her job quite good!!

and in my opinion the other two aren´t angry about not being the heir :)
because this means, so i think, more stress as only being a child of the king and the queen.

Cerasma said:

If Victoria does not assume the throne due to unforseen circumstances and she does not have children of her own, I believe the throne goes to Prince Carl Phillip and then after him or his descendants, Princess Madeleine.

Now, if Victoria is still Crown Princess, but something were to happen and she has children, then her firstborn (regardless of male or female) becomes the Crown Prince/Princess to succeed his/her grandfather, King Carl Gustav.

Someone correct me if my impressions are wrong, please!

tha sounds right
very much like what happned with the kings father who dies when carl gustaf was 5?

wow - when I read the name of this thread I thought: "It's really going to happen! Victoria is going to marry Daniel!"...this woke me up more easily than a LOT of coffee. :)

Smilla said:
wow - when I read the name of this thread I thought: "It's really going to happen! Victoria is going to marry Daniel!"...this woke me up more easily than a LOT of coffee. :)

:D The same for me
But I had checked Expressobladet and they had nothing, so my hopes weren´t very high. Nonetheless it wouldn´t surprise me, when the court would announce it firstly on royalcourt.se and when then the press release would be sent out.

robby86 said:
How many people have gotten married there. It looks beautiful.

lots n lots n lots n lots..i dont have a number, sorry..but i know its very popular for weddings..and since its an ice church..it looks different every year :)

swedishme said:
lots n lots n lots n lots..i dont have a number, sorry..but i know its very popular for weddings..and since its an ice church..it looks different every year :)
It's a very beautiful church, but somehow I don't think Victoria will be getting married there. ;) I'm always amazed at how it never manages to melt.

Danielle said:
I'm always amazed at how it never manages to melt.

mmm im kinda very sure that it melts... coz its a part of the ice hotel..and that hotel does melt every summer..but they rebuild it every year and it looks different every time :)

Josefine said:
tha sounds right
very much like what happned with the kings father who dies when carl gustaf was 5?
Carl Gustaf was only a baby when his father died. However, he became a crown prince at age four, because his great grandfather didn't die until then, so it wasn't until then, that his grandfather became king.

Back
Top Bottom