The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-04-2005, 06:05 PM
Gentry

oh no god forbid, she makes her job quite good!!

and in my opinion the other two aren´t angry about not being the heir :)
because this means, so i think, more stress as only being a child of the king and the queen.

Old 04-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
How many people have gotten married there. It looks beautiful.

Old 04-07-2005, 05:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerasma
Hi i´ve a little question:

What have to happen that Victoria will not being heir?
Means: When has CP or Madde have to do this job?
It is just a question that i´m interested in :)
If Victoria does not assume the throne due to unforseen circumstances and she does not have children of her own, I believe the throne goes to Prince Carl Phillip and then after him or his descendants, Princess Madeleine.

Now, if Victoria is still Crown Princess, but something were to happen and she has children, then her firstborn (regardless of male or female) becomes the Crown Prince/Princess to succeed his/her grandfather, King Carl Gustav.

Someone correct me if my impressions are wrong, please!
Old 01-06-2006, 05:06 AM
Majesty

tha sounds right
very much like what happned with the kings father who dies when carl gustaf was 5?
Old 01-06-2006, 06:05 AM
Courtier

wow - when I read the name of this thread I thought: "It's really going to happen! Victoria is going to marry Daniel!"...this woke me up more easily than a LOT of coffee. :-)
Old 01-06-2006, 06:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilla
wow - when I read the name of this thread I thought: "It's really going to happen! Victoria is going to marry Daniel!"...this woke me up more easily than a LOT of coffee. :-)
The same for me
But I had checked Expressobladet and they had nothing, so my hopes weren´t very high. Nonetheless it wouldn´t surprise me, when the court would announce it firstly on royalcourt.se and when then the press release would be sent out.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:28 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by robby86
How many people have gotten married there. It looks beautiful.
lots n lots n lots n lots..i dont have a number, sorry..but i know its very popular for weddings..and since its an ice church..it looks different every year :)
Old 01-08-2006, 11:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishme
lots n lots n lots n lots..i dont have a number, sorry..but i know its very popular for weddings..and since its an ice church..it looks different every year :)
It's a very beautiful church, but somehow I don't think Victoria will be getting married there. I'm always amazed at how it never manages to melt.

Old 01-09-2006, 12:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle
I'm always amazed at how it never manages to melt.
mmm im kinda very sure that it melts... coz its a part of the ice hotel..and that hotel does melt every summer..but they rebuild it every year and it looks different every time :)
Old 10-29-2006, 11:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
tha sounds right
very much like what happned with the kings father who dies when carl gustaf was 5?
Carl Gustaf was only a baby when his father died. However, he became a crown prince at age four, because his great grandfather didn't die until then, so it wasn't until then, that his grandfather became king.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

How old was Carl when he Became King.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:50 AM
Nobility

Well, Royal Fan, King Carl XVI Gustaf was born in 1946 and he became King of Sweden in 1973. So he was 27 or 28 when he ascended the throne after the death of his grandfather.

He actually became second in line to the throne at age four.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:26 PM
Serene Highness

He was twentyseven. And still my mum, who's six months younger than him, thought he looked childish when he became king. Well, she was used to old kings like Gustav V and Gustav VI Adolf.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:26 AM
Aristocracy

I can't wait to see CP Victoria get married. I think it's gonna be grand. And she must be wear a very beautiful dress...
Old 12-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Serene Highness

Yeah, I think it's about time we have a royal wedding! It's been thirty years since the last one!
Old 01-23-2007, 04:40 PM
Gentry

I'm sure it's come up with the family, especially with Victoria's age and two younger siblings who might want to be married and might have to wait for her to do it, but it has been said before- they aren't in any rush either. A marriage is not "just a marriage" to a CP! Also her boyfriend is surely going through EXTENSIVE training, being (somewhat) new to the world of royalty. Even something as simple as using the proper fork may be something he needs to learn!!
I would love to see a wedding, and I think Victoria is of a good age for it and has certainly been with Daniel long enough for there to be no scandal, but we just have to be patient! It will be worth the wait, I'm sure!!
Old 01-23-2007, 09:48 PM
Courtier

I know someday Victoria will be able to find a suitable guy to be her prince and reign will her when she becomes queen it is going to take much longer time.But I have will continue to keep my fingers crossed and be waiting to hear a public annnoucement that she is indeed engaged to marry a wonderful and loving man in the future.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Nobility

Crown Princess Victorias wedding will most likely take place in Storkyrkan (Stockholm Cathedral) but a few other churches in Stockholm can also host a big royal wedding.
They are Engebrektskyrkan at Östermalm, Gustaf Vasa Kyrka at Odenplan,
Högalidskyrkan at Södermalm and St Johannes Kyrka in the central of Stockholm.
Off course the Palace Church can also host a royal wedding but not with more than 700 guests and I guess it will be more at Victorias wedding.
The royal palace church will most likely be used for the christening of Victorias, Carl Philips and Madeleines children and also for the funeral of members of the royal family except for The Moarch and his / her consort and the heir apparent if he /she die before the accesion. Their funeral will take place in either Storkyrkan or Riddarholmskyrkan.

Another possible church for the christening of Carl Philips and Madeleines children is Räpplinge Kyrka at Öland, frequently used by the royal family in the summers when they are at Solliden Palace.

But I think we can say that the wedding of our Crown Princess will take place in Storkyrkan.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:32 PM
Majesty

is there any royals that has got married in skåne or maybe Norrland
Old 03-03-2014, 06:48 PM
Royal Highness

Gammelgarns kyrka (Gammelgarn Church) is a medieval Lutheran church on the island of Gotland.