The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-16-2016, 10:21 AM
Nobility

As we have reached mid-OCtober and still no announcement, I don't think we will see another state visit in 2016.

Old 10-25-2016, 07:22 AM
Nobility

My wishes predictions for 2017:

- Incoming state visit from Iceland (January)
- Incoming state visit from The Netherlands (March/April)
- Outward state visit to Argentina (September/October)

Old 11-01-2016, 09:04 AM
Serene Highness

Yes it seems unlikely that there will be anymore outgoing/incoming state visits for this year unless something is announced this week for December. I have never heard a state visit being announced with less than a month away.

What to expect or hope for in 2017 ? Well i hope there will be atleast one outgoing visit to and one incoming visit from an another monarchy.

Possible Incoming Visits : Iceland, Colombia, Denmark, Spain, Netherlands, Bhutan, Argentina, Latvia, Germany, France...

Possible Outgoing State Visits : India, Colombia, Peru, Luxembourg, United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland...

The dream would be to see an outgoing Swedish State Visit to UK :)
Old 11-02-2016, 10:40 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Yes it seems unlikely that there will be anymore outgoing/incoming state visits for this year unless something is announced this week for December. I have never heard a state visit being announced with less than a month away.

What to expect or hope for in 2017 ? Well i hope there will be atleast one outgoing visit to and one incoming visit from an another monarchy.

Possible Incoming Visits : Iceland, Colombia, Denmark, Spain, Netherlands, Argentina, Latvia, Germany, France...

Possible Outgoing State Visits : India, Colombia, Peru, Luxembourg, United Kingdom, Bhutan, South Africa, Ireland...

The dream would be to see an outgoing Swedish State Visit to UK :)
I think you have pretty good guesses here. It is hard to be more precise in the guesses as there haven't been that many rumors that we have heard of. I have the impression that the Swedish Government values state visits to/from non-European countries. However we come closer to European monarch state visit as the years go by. And I have a hard time to see more than one monarch state vist per year, even if I hope for both one incoming and outgoing.

I would say that Jordan is a possible candidate to the list as well, the King and Queen haven't visited the country in King Abduallah's reign and it is more than 10 years since their visit to Sweden.
Old 11-02-2016, 06:46 PM
Serene Highness

Jordan is definitely a possibility for an outgoing state visit.

I'd say that UK is a good possibility too. One of Swedens undoubtly closest partners in many things is UK.
The last outgoing state visit to UK was to Scotland in 1975 with only The King there as he was unmarried (Princess Margaretha and John Ambler attended the state banquet at Holyrood House) and the last incoming state visit from UK was in 1983. I know most head of state's do only one state visit during one reign but a few has done 2.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Jordan is definitely a possibility for an outgoing state visit.

I'd say that UK is a good possibility too. One of Swedens undoubtly closest partners in many things is UK.
The last outgoing state visit to UK was to Scotland in 1975 with only The King there as he was unmarried (Princess Margaretha and John Ambler attended the state banquet at Holyrood House) and the last incoming state visit from UK was in 1983. I know most head of state's do only one state visit during one reign but a few has done 2.
I do so hope for a state visit to the UK as well. But I think it is hard to predict a possible state visit to the UK due to Brexit, however UK is a very important partner for Sweden.

It seems that the Swedish Government has valued improved relations to the countries in the Baltic region. I don't know what countries that are left now, after the state visit to Germany, so perhaps that speaks for the very anticipated state visit from Denmark.
Old 11-30-2016, 12:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Not a state visit, but...

Finland celebrates in 2017 100 years of independence. President Sauli Niinistö told about the celebrations to the press on Tuesday.
Among other things, the centenary year will also feature in the President’s trips abroad and visits from overseas to Finland. For example, on 1 June, visits to Finland will be made by all of the Nordic heads of state i.e. the monarchs of Sweden, Norway and Denmark, and the President of Iceland.
President Niinistö to visit all Finnish regions during the centenary year - The President of the Republic of Finland
Old 11-30-2016, 05:43 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Not a state visit, but...

Finland celebrates in 2017 100 years of independence. President Sauli Niinistö told about the celebrations to the press on Tuesday.
Among other things, the centenary year will also feature in the President’s trips abroad and visits from overseas to Finland. For example, on 1 June, visits to Finland will be made by all of the Nordic heads of state i.e. the monarchs of Sweden, Norway and Denmark, and the President of Iceland.
President Niinistö to visit all Finnish regions during the centenary year - The President of the Republic of Finland
Thanks LadyFinn. I have actually thought of Finland's celebrations of 100 years of independence, and if that would mena anything for the visits. Once again, thanks. It will probably be a nice and festive occasion.

Tags
general royal discussion, state visit, sweden, visit from sweden, visit to sweden