The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #121  
Old 10-16-2016, 10:21 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 685
As we have reached mid-OCtober and still no announcement, I don't think we will see another state visit in 2016.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 10-25-2016, 07:22 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 685
My wishes predictions for 2017:

- Incoming state visit from Iceland (January)
- Incoming state visit from The Netherlands (March/April)
- Outward state visit to Argentina (September/October)
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 11-01-2016, 09:04 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,049
Yes it seems unlikely that there will be anymore outgoing/incoming state visits for this year unless something is announced this week for December. I have never heard a state visit being announced with less than a month away.

What to expect or hope for in 2017 ? Well i hope there will be atleast one outgoing visit to and one incoming visit from an another monarchy.

Possible Incoming Visits : Iceland, Colombia, Denmark, Spain, Netherlands, Bhutan, Argentina, Latvia, Germany, France...

Possible Outgoing State Visits : India, Colombia, Peru, Luxembourg, United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland...

The dream would be to see an outgoing Swedish State Visit to UK :)
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 11-02-2016, 10:40 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Yes it seems unlikely that there will be anymore outgoing/incoming state visits for this year unless something is announced this week for December. I have never heard a state visit being announced with less than a month away.

What to expect or hope for in 2017 ? Well i hope there will be atleast one outgoing visit to and one incoming visit from an another monarchy.

Possible Incoming Visits : Iceland, Colombia, Denmark, Spain, Netherlands, Argentina, Latvia, Germany, France...

Possible Outgoing State Visits : India, Colombia, Peru, Luxembourg, United Kingdom, Bhutan, South Africa, Ireland...

The dream would be to see an outgoing Swedish State Visit to UK :)
I think you have pretty good guesses here. It is hard to be more precise in the guesses as there haven't been that many rumors that we have heard of. I have the impression that the Swedish Government values state visits to/from non-European countries. However we come closer to European monarch state visit as the years go by. And I have a hard time to see more than one monarch state vist per year, even if I hope for both one incoming and outgoing.

I would say that Jordan is a possible candidate to the list as well, the King and Queen haven't visited the country in King Abduallah's reign and it is more than 10 years since their visit to Sweden.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 11-02-2016, 06:46 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,049
Jordan is definitely a possibility for an outgoing state visit.

I'd say that UK is a good possibility too. One of Swedens undoubtly closest partners in many things is UK.
The last outgoing state visit to UK was to Scotland in 1975 with only The King there as he was unmarried (Princess Margaretha and John Ambler attended the state banquet at Holyrood House) and the last incoming state visit from UK was in 1983. I know most head of state's do only one state visit during one reign but a few has done 2.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 11-07-2016, 03:01 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Jordan is definitely a possibility for an outgoing state visit.

I'd say that UK is a good possibility too. One of Swedens undoubtly closest partners in many things is UK.
The last outgoing state visit to UK was to Scotland in 1975 with only The King there as he was unmarried (Princess Margaretha and John Ambler attended the state banquet at Holyrood House) and the last incoming state visit from UK was in 1983. I know most head of state's do only one state visit during one reign but a few has done 2.
I do so hope for a state visit to the UK as well. But I think it is hard to predict a possible state visit to the UK due to Brexit, however UK is a very important partner for Sweden.

It seems that the Swedish Government has valued improved relations to the countries in the Baltic region. I don't know what countries that are left now, after the state visit to Germany, so perhaps that speaks for the very anticipated state visit from Denmark.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 11-30-2016, 12:41 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,814
Not a state visit, but...

Finland celebrates in 2017 100 years of independence. President Sauli Niinistö told about the celebrations to the press on Tuesday.
Among other things, the centenary year will also feature in the President’s trips abroad and visits from overseas to Finland. For example, on 1 June, visits to Finland will be made by all of the Nordic heads of state i.e. the monarchs of Sweden, Norway and Denmark, and the President of Iceland.
President Niinistö to visit all Finnish regions during the centenary year - The President of the Republic of Finland
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 11-30-2016, 05:43 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Not a state visit, but...

Finland celebrates in 2017 100 years of independence. President Sauli Niinistö told about the celebrations to the press on Tuesday.
Among other things, the centenary year will also feature in the President’s trips abroad and visits from overseas to Finland. For example, on 1 June, visits to Finland will be made by all of the Nordic heads of state i.e. the monarchs of Sweden, Norway and Denmark, and the President of Iceland.
President Niinistö to visit all Finnish regions during the centenary year - The President of the Republic of Finland
Thanks LadyFinn. I have actually thought of Finland's celebrations of 100 years of independence, and if that would mena anything for the visits. Once again, thanks. It will probably be a nice and festive occasion.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 02-16-2017, 04:56 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 685
Do we have any rumors of upcoming or planned state visits in 2017?
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 02-18-2017, 03:32 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,814
Not a state visit, but:
Crown prince Frederik and crown princess Mary will be heading a Danish business delegation to Stockholm in the end of May. The overall theme for the delegation visit is “Liveable Scandinavia.” There will be for instance an official dinner, so it would be nice to see Victoria and Daniel invited to the events too.
http://healthcaredenmark.dk/media/14...e-maj-2017.pdf
Liveable Scandinavia - DI
Healthcare DENMARK - Danish Royal Visit to Sweden 2017
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 02-19-2017, 09:01 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Not a state visit, but:
Crown prince Frederik and crown princess Mary will be heading a Danish business delegation to Stockholm in the end of May. The overall theme for the delegation visit is “Liveable Scandinavia.” There will be for instance an official dinner, so it would be nice to see Victoria and Daniel invited to the events too.
http://healthcaredenmark.dk/media/14...e-maj-2017.pdf
Liveable Scandinavia - DI
Healthcare DENMARK - Danish Royal Visit to Sweden 2017
Thanks LadyFinn for the information about this visit, I haven't heard of it before. I agree, hopefully we'll see some interactions with the Swedish Royals during this visit, but I'm afraid this means we won't see a Danish state visit to Sweden shortly.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 03-31-2017, 09:44 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 685
What could we expect for the fall. I think it is really hard to predict Swedish state visit right now, not much rumors about potential countries.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 04-22-2017, 02:04 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,814
In the year 2018, Sweden and Japan will celebrate 150 years of diplomatic relations. This anniversary year will be celebrated through a range of activities both in Sweden and Japan.
Sweden - Japan 150 years _ SwedenAbroad

Will we royals in these events?
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 04-22-2017, 03:23 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,572
I would think quite likely. Not an official state visit, but something. A smaller visit like Victoria in Italy. Maybe even someone like CP and if Japan sent someone, Takomodo. But will have to see.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 04-22-2017, 05:18 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
In the year 2018, Sweden and Japan will celebrate 150 years of diplomatic relations. This anniversary year will be celebrated through a range of activities both in Sweden and Japan.
Sweden - Japan 150 years _ SwedenAbroad

Will we royals in these events?
I have also thought about this one before, and it is nice too see that the event will be marked. I don't think it's unlikely that The Royal Couple pays an official visit to Japan.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 06-14-2017, 02:59 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 685
In the announcement of the state visit from Kazakhstan it was referred to the country as one of 26 prioritized countries for business and trade promotion. I checked these countries, from the Government's Export Strategy which could be found here: http://www.regeringen.se/4b003b/cont...t-strategy.pdf

Algeria, Angola, Brazil, China, Colombia, Egypt, Germany, India, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, the Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom

I guess we will see all, or almost every incoming and outward state visit during this government to be to these countries, some of them are already "ticked off".
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 09-08-2017, 10:26 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,814
Svensk Damtidning writes, that king Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia don't make a state visit abroad this fall. During the last three years there has been two state visits a year, but this year the state visit to Indonesia will be the only one.
Inget statsbesök för kungen och Silvia _ Svensk Damtidning
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 09-12-2017, 10:10 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Svensk Damtidning writes, that king Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia don't make a state visit abroad this fall. During the last three years there has been two state visits a year, but this year the state visit to Indonesia will be the only one.
Inget statsbesök för kungen och Silvia _ Svensk Damtidning
Maybe not a total surprise, the 2+2 state visit thing is nothing fixed, and seen over time it has varied a lot. It does not disqualify another incoming state visit this year, however I doubt it.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 10-13-2017, 10:49 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 685
It is still some months left of this year, but I'm already thinking of next year's state visits. I think it is quite hard to predict what will come next year, and there are no real hints about potential countries.

Iceland - I would say that an incoming state visit from Iceland is expected. I would like to see it in the early months of 2018, but it could also be after the General elections in Sweden in September.

The Netherlands - I just hope for an incoming state visit next spring.
Kazakhstan - The state visit was postponed, but honestly I doubt it will take place next year. Or it will, I don't know?

Japan - Sweden and Japan celebrate 150 years of diplomatic relations next year, and it will be marked. I think it is likely that mutual official visits will take place (compare Denmark), but don't know on what level and it might depend on the upcoming abdication.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
general royal discussion, state visit, sweden, visit from sweden, visit to sweden


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dutch State Visits: General Discussion, Suggestions, Musings Koningin Dutch Royals 30 11-11-2017 08:49 AM
Swedish Residences General Discussion Josefine Swedish Royal Residences 77 05-07-2017 12:42 AM
The Swedish Monarchy under Victoria; Suggestions and Musings Madame Verseau Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 5 02-22-2017 01:05 PM
General Swedish Royalty Facts, Discussion and Questions GrandDuchess Royal House of Sweden 263 09-09-2016 11:59 AM




Popular Tags
bernadotte best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events david armstrong-jones denmark duchess of cambridge style duchess of york earl of snowdon general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia ińaki urdangarín king carl gustaf king carl gustaf and queen silvia king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monarchy news picture of the week picture of the week december prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince nicholas prince oscar princess beatrice princess claire princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia gala dresses queen margrethe queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:19 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises