The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 12-28-2015, 09:17 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 652
Johan T Lindwall, journalist at Expressen, writes in an article (about the Tunisian state visit to Sweden) that it's possible with a state visit to India in 2016. The lastest visit to India was in 1993 with an incoming visit this year.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 01-08-2016, 10:32 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,038
I expect things to be announced about this soon. An outgoing state visit to India is possible. An incoming state visit from Iceland is also possible by the end of the year as they will get a new President this summer.

Others than that i have no clue. Would be nice if the much anticipated state visit to Germany would finally happen. A state visit to The Queen's birth country would be a HUGE media affair.

Royals ? Maybe from Spain. Too early yet to expect visits from Belgium and Netherlands.

If i got to wish a royal state visit, it would be an incoming state visit from Denmark during the summer and that QMII takes both the royal ship "Dannebrogen" and and the whole Crown Princely family with her (PH can be at his wine castle and PJ can protect Denmark while they are here).
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 01-09-2016, 03:43 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,717
I don't expect more than one royal-royal state visit per year from the three new monarchs. Belgium will visit the Netherlands this year, and the Spanish mornarchs are visiting Britain. So Sweden might not be on their agenda before 2017.

Let's hope that there will be two incoming State Visits again, like last year. The incoming ones are just the bigger show.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 01-09-2016, 03:49 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 18,599
According to the -very reliable- royalblog.nl of Hans Jacobs, it says that there are 'whispers' about a Dutch state visit to Sweden for this year. No date has been set yet.
http://royalblog.nl/
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 01-09-2016, 03:55 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I don't expect more than one royal-royal state visit per year from the three new monarchs. Belgium will visit the Netherlands this year, and the Spanish mornarchs are visiting Britain. So Sweden might not be on their agenda before 2017.

Actually there are 2 belgian State Visits to other monarchies amnnounced for this year. One to Japan and one to the Netherlands.
But that makes it unlikely that the will visit Sweden this year. Also Spain is unlikely as there will be the State Visit to the UK in March and there wll be Visits to Japan, Jordan and Morocco. But it is not clear if it will all be State Visits.
Also nice would be a swedish State Visit to Luxembourg.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 01-09-2016, 06:10 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
I expect things to be announced about this soon. An outgoing state visit to India is possible. An incoming state visit from Iceland is also possible by the end of the year as they will get a new President this summer.

Others than that i have no clue. Would be nice if the much anticipated state visit to Germany would finally happen. A state visit to The Queen's birth country would be a HUGE media affair.

Royals ? Maybe from Spain. Too early yet to expect visits from Belgium and Netherlands.

If i got to wish a royal state visit, it would be an incoming state visit from Denmark during the summer and that QMII takes both the royal ship "Dannebrogen" and and the whole Crown Princely family with her (PH can be at his wine castle and PJ can protect Denmark while they are here).
I second that. The Icelandic state visit could how ever take place next year instead.

I also think that it is about time for a Danish state visit, and I want to see it in the same circumstances as you. It seems like Sweden and Denmark need to improve the relations a bit. But I don't think it takes places this year, mostly because of the King's birthday.

For this year, this spring, I really hope for a state visit to Germany. As you say, it would be huge in Germany, and far too long since the last one.

My list would be:
Outgoing to Germany
Outgoing to the UK (come on it would be amazing)
Incoming from the Netherlands
Incoming from Poland (to return the visit there a couple of years ago, and it seems to be a focus on the Baltic countries in recent years.)
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 01-09-2016, 08:27 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 18,599
Isn't it customary to pay a state visit to another head-of-state only once? King CG already went to QEII for a state visit, so that would rule out another one during the reign of QEII.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 01-09-2016, 08:40 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 7,011
The King and Queen of Sweden have paid an official visit to the new King of the Netherlands and Queen Máxima see picture, after -of course- the Dutch royal couple made an introductory visit to them first, see picture.

A Dutch State Visit to Sweden, after these two events in a short period, seems a bit unlikely to me...
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 01-09-2016, 08:47 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Isn't it customary to pay a state visit to another head-of-state only once? King CG already went to QEII for a state visit, so that would rule out another one during the reign of QEII.
Usually it is like this but there are exceptions. For example Queen Margrethe II. paid 2 State Visits to the Uk. One in the 1970's and one in 2000. And King Olav V. made one in 1987/88 and i believe that this was not his fierst State Visit to the Uk given the close Family relationships. And King CG paid 2 State Visits to Denmark.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 01-09-2016, 08:55 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,038
An incoming state visit from Netherlands to Sweden this year would be VERY surprising as it is only 7 years since Queen Beatrix was her on a state visit.

Although i would love it
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 01-09-2016, 09:52 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
An incoming state visit from Netherlands to Sweden this year would be VERY surprising as it is only 7 years since Queen Beatrix was her on a state visit.

Although i would love it
That was not a State Visiti of Queen Beatrix to Sweden but a State Visit of King CG and Queen Silvia to the Netherlands.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 01-09-2016, 10:06 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,038
Correct. I was too fast there. It was an outgoing state visit. The last dutch state visit to Sweden was in 1987
(although it has been official visits in between at both directions).
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 01-09-2016, 10:37 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
According to the -very reliable- royalblog.nl of Hans Jacobs, it says that there are 'whispers' about a Dutch state visit to Sweden for this year. No date has been set yet.
http://royalblog.nl/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Actually there are 2 belgian State Visits to other monarchies amnnounced for this year. One to Japan and one to the Netherlands.
But that makes it unlikely that the will visit Sweden this year. Also Spain is unlikely as there will be the State Visit to the UK in March and there wll be Visits to Japan, Jordan and Morocco. But it is not clear if it will all be State Visits.
Also nice would be a swedish State Visit to Luxembourg.
Ok, so that completely un-prooves my one-state-visit-per-year theory. And a Dutch SV to Sweden would be very welcome, I truely hope that those 'whispers' are right. What a glittering event that would be.

Is it certain that the Visit of Felipe to Japan is a proper SV?
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 01-09-2016, 11:31 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 7,011
Hans Jacobs is a reliable source but when he speaks about "whispers" that is not the same as "there is a date set for a State Visit", of course.

This is what he wrote in Dutch, here the translation:

[...]

France will receive the (Dutch) royal couple for a State Visit in March. The dates have not yet been made public, but the French President François Hollande already (untimely) announced the visit last summer. Paris is not the only destination for a State Visit, but the Household and Foreign Affairs remain silent. Sweden and Australia are names that are whispered, but these are not confirmed (yet). One incoming State Visit is certain: the Belgian royal couple is expected in Amsterdam, in the autumn. King Felipe of Spain will also make a visit in February, for the opening of the Hieronymus Bosch-exhibition.

[...]
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 01-09-2016, 11:45 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,717
When Albert II of Monaco opened a Princesse Grace exhibition in NL, there was a gala dinner with the Queen wearing a tiara. So, may we hope for some near-state-visit-glitter at King Felipe's visit? Or is it just a one day visit with the King flying back in the evening?
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 01-09-2016, 01:06 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 652
Of course the Dutch state visit is only a rumor, but perhaps there is some truth within it. I don't see previous state/official visits as a problem. The King and Queen paid a state visit to the Netherlands in 2009, and an official visit in 2014(?). The time since the last state visit is the a quite normal time between the first and second state visit between countries in Sweden. However there is a new King in the Netherlands, and that should out rule anything else.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 01-09-2016, 05:24 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 652
Found something that seems to be quite reliable. A incoming state visit from Chile is to be expected in May, according to the Swedish Government.

Sweden and Chile aim to enter social welfare agreement - Government.se
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 01-09-2016, 06:01 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
Of course the Dutch state visit is only a rumor, but perhaps there is some truth within it. I don't see previous state/official visits as a problem. The King and Queen paid a state visit to the Netherlands in 2009, and an official visit in 2014(?). The time since the last state visit is the a quite normal time between the first and second state visit between countries in Sweden. However there is a new King in the Netherlands, and that should out rule anything else.
WA visited Sweden in 2014 as a King. It would be different perhaps if he had still been CP back then, but 2 state visits in 2 years would seem a stretch IMO. Mathilde and Philippe have as well since coming to the throne. I don't believe Felipe and Letizia have since Felipe became king, so maybe them?
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 01-09-2016, 06:10 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
WA visited Sweden in 2014 as a King. It would be different perhaps if he had still been CP back then, but 2 state visits in 2 years would seem a stretch IMO. Mathilde and Philippe have as well since coming to the throne. I don't believe Felipe and Letizia have since Felipe became king, so maybe them?
Well that is really different things. King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima paid a visit to Sweden in October 2013. That was however just a introduction visit, alsting one day. The Swedish King and Queen paid an official visit to the Netherlands in April 2014 to celebrate the 400 years of diplomatic relations between the countries. None of these visits have been state visits.

Either it means that a "real" state visit will take place soon, or it means that due to the previous visits there is no need of a state visit right now. Who knows?
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 01-09-2016, 06:52 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 18,599
The Dutch king and queen went to Denmark on an introduction visit in 2013 and went back for a state visit in 2015. If that was not a problem then, I don't see why it should be a problem now.

Anyway, for now all we can do is wait and see.
__________________

__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
general royal discussion, state visit, sweden, visit from sweden, visit to sweden


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dutch State Visits: General Discussion, Suggestions, Musings Koningin Dutch Royals 25 07-12-2017 07:31 PM
Swedish Residences General Discussion Josefine Swedish Royal Residences 77 05-06-2017 11:42 PM
The Swedish Monarchy under Victoria; Suggestions and Musings Madame Verseau Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 5 02-22-2017 12:05 PM
General Swedish Royalty Facts, Discussion and Questions GrandDuchess Royal House of Sweden 263 09-09-2016 10:59 AM




Popular Tags
baptism best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill countess of snowdon crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark dutch state visit fashion poll general news grand duchess maria teresa hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king abdullah in australia king felipe king felipe vi king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monarchy news november 2016 october 2016 paris picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince nicholas prince oscar princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia cocktail dresses queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde visits jordan queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:57 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises