The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-20-2015, 02:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Official visit to Lithuania by swedish royal family
A visit of the Swedish royal family is planned in Lithuania in the coming autumn, according to Jovita Neliupšienė, chief adviser to Lithuanian President Dalia Grybauskaitė on foreign policy issues.
"Symbolically, we plan to finish the construction of a power link with Sweden this year and the visit of the Swedish royal family is also planned in the fall. It's exceptional for its protocol elements. It will be royal family's official visit and it will crown our relations with Sweden, with the Nordic states," she told the Žinių Radijas radio on Tuesday morning.
Swedish royal family plans visit to Lithuania - EN.DELFI

Old 01-23-2015, 05:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Official visit to Lithuania by swedish royal family
A visit of the Swedish royal family is planned in Lithuania in the coming autumn, according to Jovita Neliupšienė, chief adviser to Lithuanian President Dalia Grybauskaitė on foreign policy issues.
"Symbolically, we plan to finish the construction of a power link with Sweden this year and the visit of the Swedish royal family is also planned in the fall. It's exceptional for its protocol elements. It will be royal family's official visit and it will crown our relations with Sweden, with the Nordic states," she told the Žinių Radijas radio on Tuesday morning.
Swedish royal family plans visit to Lithuania - EN.DELFI
I wonder if this will have the status of a state visit or just an official visit. It is perhaps not surprising after all. State visits to the other Baltic countries has taken place during the last couple of years. Also interesting to see which people of the Royal Family that will attend.

Old 01-23-2015, 05:19 AM
Nobility

It doesn't seems to be any incoming state visits before the Kings Birthday (a.k.a. before the end of April). In the closing schedule of the State Apartments of the Royal Palace there are no major closing, as necessary for a state visit. Let's hope there will be some in the fall instead.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:39 AM
Serene Highness

Swedish State Visits: General Discussion and Suggestions & Musings

Now things starts to happen

The Swedish government and the Royal Court has just announced that King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia will pay a state visit to Finland between 3-5 March at the invitation of President Sauli Niinistö.

http://www.kungahuset.se/royalcourt/...748ba2fb7.html
Old 01-23-2015, 10:14 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Now things starts to happen

The Swedish government and the Royal Court has just announced that King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia will pay a state visit to Finland between 3-5 March at the invitation of President Sauli Niinistö.

http://www.kungahuset.se/royalcourt/...748ba2fb7.html
Yes finally! And a bit earlier than expected. Let's hope for a very glittering visit in Finland
Old 03-06-2015, 11:03 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
Yes finally! And a bit earlier than expected. Let's hope for a very glittering visit in Finland

So now we are past a VERY successful state visit to Finland. Fantastic to see how popular the swedish monarchy is in Finland. I think a lot of finnish people deep down wished that Finland was monarchy instead of a Republic. But it's apparent that the Finnish Presidential Couple and the swedish King and Queen likes each other very much and have a great chemistry.
And we got to see a lot of sparkling jewels too with both the Sapphire parure and the Nine prong tiara being used.

I wonder where the next visit will be. I would love to see the King and Queen to pay a state visit to Chile or the Chilean President Michelle Bachelet to pay a state visit to Sweden as Chile is my birth country :)

Would also love to see the 3 Nordic monarchies pay state visits to each other. There is always a "special feeling" in the air even outside the Palace walls when there is a state visit from Denmark or Norway that can't be replicated by other monarchies.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I wonder where the next visit will be. I would love to see the King and Queen to pay a state visit to Chile or the Chilean President Michelle Bachelet to pay a state visit to Sweden as Chile is my birth country :)

Would also love to see the 3 Nordic monarchies pay state visits to each other. There is always a "special feeling" in the air even outside the Palace walls when there is a state visit from Denmark or Norway that can't be replicated by other monarchies.
Oh I think it is so hard. There is so many state visits that I want to see. Of course an incoming state visit from the new Kings in Europe. I also want to see a visit from Denmark, but think that has to wait until 2017 (wedding this year and King's 70th birthday in 2016). It would be nice if the Royal Couple paid a state visit to UK in the fall and an incoming visit from Chile (yes why not) or Mexico.

Some countries I wish there will be a state visit to or from in a near future:
Incoming
Denmark
Netherlands
Spain
Belgium
Mexico

Outgoing
Luxembourg
Jordan
UK
Germany
South Africa
Old 03-06-2015, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Don't think it very likely that there will be State Visits to the other scandinavian monarchies soon. Usuallly there is only one State visit in each reign. The swedish State Visit to Denmark in 2007 was an eception but if i remeber right it was then said that Queen Margrethe was invited to make a State Visit to Sweden.
As for other monarchies in Europe perhaps the swedish Royal Coupkle will soon pay a State Visit to Luxembourg as the have not visited Grand Duke Henri .
And for incoming State Visits i think the three new monarchies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Spain will be invited to Sweden in the next years.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
O

Outgoing

Germany
It is really time the swedish King and Queen are invited to a State visit to Germany again as their last one was in 1979 short before the birth of Prince Carl Philip.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Don't think it very likely that there will be State Visits to the other scandinavian monarchies soon. Usuallly there is only one State visit in each reign. The swedish State Visit to Denmark in 2007 was an eception but if i remeber right it was then said that Queen Margrethe was invited to make a State Visit to Sweden.
As for other monarchies in Europe perhaps the swedish Royal Coupkle will soon pay a State Visit to Luxembourg as the have not visited Grand Duke Henri .
And for incoming State Visits i think the three new monarchies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Spain will be invited to Sweden in the next years.

I don't think it is out of the question that will will see a second state visit from Denmark to Sweden during this reign. Carl-Gustaf have as you said made 2 state visits to Margrethe during her reign and the countries (not only it's royal families) is extremly close and have a lot in common.

But i agree that it's more likely that the 3 new european monarches will pay a State visit to Sweden before Margrethe makes her second visit.
Judging from when their parents were here i guess Felipe and Letizia will come first (J-C and S were here in 1979), the W-A and Maxima (B and C were here in 1987) and then Philippe and Mathilde (A and P were here in 1994).

It would indeed be nice to see Swedish visits to Luxembourg and
Germany soon.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:16 AM
Nobility

Quote:
But i agree that it's more likely that the 3 new european monarches will pay a State visit to Sweden before Margrethe makes her second visit.

Judging from when their parents were here i guess Felipe and Letizia will come first (J-C and S were here in 1979), the W-A and Maxima (B and C were here in 1987) and then Philippe and Mathilde (A and P were here in 1994).
I think that a visit from Margrethe can't be on hold for that long, neither her or C-G are getting any younger.

They can take that it to consideration, but they don't have to. The last visits from Spain, Netherlands and Belgium took place in the order the acceded to the throne, about 3-4 years after. So it is possible they will visit Sweden in the same order, one every year. It would indeed mean a lot of glitter.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

The last visits from Spain, Netherlands and Belgium took place in the order the acceded to the throne, about 3-4 years after. So it is possible they will visit Sweden in the same order, one every year. It would indeed mean a lot of glitter.
But Albert and Paola already visted one year after the came to the throne. for Beatrix it was seven years later and also Spain was four years after the came to the throne.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:45 AM
Nobility

Quote:
But Albert and Paola already visted one year after the came to the throne. for Beatrix it was seven years later and also Spain was four years after the came to the throne.
Of course you are right Stefan. I made a quite badly generalization. This means that the first new King already could have been on a visit to Sweden if they would have done as in the past.

The question is how likely it is with an incoming state visit from a fellow monarch the same year as the Kings 70th birthday?
Old 03-07-2015, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Of course you are right Stefan. I made a quite badly generalization. This means that the first new King already could have been on a visit to Sweden if they would have done as in the past.

The question is how likely it is with an incoming state visit from a fellow monarch the same year as the Kings 70th birthday?

Will probably depend on how big the birthday will be celebrated. What incoming State Visits took place in 2006? And i think in the autumn it could be well the case. Look to Denmark. There the new dutch Royal Couple will pay a State Visit to Denmark only cvery short before the 75th birthday celebrations of Queen Margrethe.
My guess is that it was simply a coincidence the the belgian State Visit in 1994 took place already one year after Albert and Paola came to the throne. Henri and Maria Teresa visted Swdeden in 2008 or 2007 also some year after the came to the Throne.
We will have to wait and see who from the new Royal Couples comes first.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I don't think that the Dutch will pay another SV to a monarchy this year, since they already visit Denmark this month. So maybe in a year or two?

The Spanish government seems to be very focused on their ties to South American countries. Therefore I don't see them visit in Sweden in hurry either.

And Belgium seems to have ongoing issues with forming governments. Do they have one at the moment? Without a government there is noone to organize State Visits, so a Belgium visit is also not likely at the moment.

Old 03-07-2015, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post

And Belgium seems to have ongoing issues with forming governments. Do they have one at the moment? Without a government there is noone to organize State Visits, so a Belgium visit is also not likely at the moment.
Actuially the goverment formation in Belgium last year went better then expected and the have since the End of last year a goverment. The belgian Royal Couple will make a State Visit to China in June
Old 03-07-2015, 08:33 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Will probably depend on how big the birthday will be celebrated. What incoming State Visits took place in 2006? And i think in the autumn it could be well the case. Look to Denmark. There the new dutch Royal Couple will pay a State Visit to Denmark only cvery short before the 75th birthday celebrations of Queen Margrethe.
My guess is that it was simply a coincidence the the belgian State Visit in 1994 took place already one year after Albert and Paola came to the throne. Henri and Maria Teresa visted Swdeden in 2008 or 2007 also some year after the came to the Throne.
We will have to wait and see who from the new Royal Couples comes first.
In both 1996 and 2006 there was only one incoming respectively (Hungary and Botswana) but some outgoing visits instead. Probably no major incoming state visits during next year, but as you said, we have to wait and see.

We shall remember that the RC paid an official visit to the Netherlands last year and a state visit as late as in 2009.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:06 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
In both 1996 and 2006 there was only one incoming respectively (Hungary and Botswana) but some outgoing visits instead. Probably no major incoming state visits during next year, but as you said, we have to wait and see.

We shall remember that the RC paid an official visit to the Netherlands last year and a state visit as late as in 2009.

Hence why i don't expect W-A and Maxima will pay a state visit to Sweden anytime soon. And it's not very long since Albert and Paola was here and C-G and Silvia did their return visit.

But i won't be surprised if an incoming state visit from Spain will be announced during next year or even earlier.

The dream would ofcourse be an outgoing state visit to UK during the fall but has a monarch ever made 2 state visits to QEII 2 ?
Old 03-07-2015, 12:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Hence why i don't expect W-A and Maxima will pay a state visit to Sweden anytime soon. And it's not very long since Albert and Paola was here and C-G and Silvia did their return visit.

But i won't be surprised if an incoming state visit from Spain will be announced during next year or even earlier.

The dream would ofcourse be an outgoing state visit to UK during the fall but has a monarch ever made 2 state visits to QEII 2 ?
We'll have to wait and see! Hopefully it won't be long until we have a monarch on a state visit in Sweden.

Yes, Queen Margrethe has paid to state visits to QEII (1974 and 2000) and the latter is not mentioned as an official visit.
Old 03-07-2015, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
We'll have to wait and see! Hopefully it won't be long until we have a monarch on a state visit in Sweden.

Yes, Queen Margrethe has paid to state visits to QEII (1974 and 2000) and the latter is not mentioned as an official visit.
King Olav made alson an State Visit to the UK in the late 1980's. I'm prety sure that this was not his first State Visit to the UK- And King Harald paid on State Visit to the UK in the 1990's and the official Visit in 2005 who was a State Visit all but in name.
Queen Margrethe has also paid two State Visits to Sweden as she first visited her grandfather King Gustaf VI. Adolf.

Tags
general royal discussion, state visit, sweden, visit from sweden, visit to sweden