Swedish State Visit to Iceland: September 7-9, 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love victorias dress and this tiara is better then at the Nobel 2003

Does silvia have a new dress?

Also do you think there will be one more gala
sometimes there are two sometimesw there are only one and at times there are non

Dennism said:
"Just look at these two of Princess Victoria from today--without the hat her outfit looks so much younger--although overall she really does dress too dowdy for such an attractive young lady with such a winning smile."

Hmm. Interesting. You say dowdy and I think classy and elegant. O, well. To each their own.
I didn't mean her red outfit from yesterday (I just didn't like the hat), but I meant that generally, for such a young and winning lady, her day clothing is a bit too old for her, IMO. She always looks lovely when she dresses for a Gala.

I know what you mean and it´s a complaint I hear a lot. I just disagree. But I see why you would say that but I feel it´s just nice to see a woman such as herself dress like that. But we agree on the Gala wear. Always lovely.

Dennism said:
I know what you mean and it´s a complaint I hear a lot. I just disagree. But I see why you would say that but I feel it´s just nice to see a woman such as herself dress like that. But we agree on the Gala wear. Always lovely.
What really matters is the warmth of her personality and that lovely smile.

am I the only one that loves hats

About Victoria dressing if we talk about the things she wears at royal duty I think the Swedish people would not like their princess dress like she was at a Hollywood premier of a movie. and Hollywood people do not do what she does listening at different conference

What I want to say that we can’t compare her to celebrities like them in the movies or music business.

Josefine said:
Actually, I would guess that I am one of the only ones who does not love hats. Except for weddings.

Dear Lena and Dennism,
Many thanks for the lovely and wonderfull pictures from the first day.

Josefine said:

I like hats. Just not too fond of that one.

Picture

Victorias skakiga besök på Island

Grattis, Victoria! Kronprinsessan lyckades i går sätta nytt prinsessrekord i att skaka hand. Under statsbesöket på Island hälsade hon på 500 personer på mindre än 40 minuter.

Victoria kom till Island sent i söndags kväll för veckans officiella statsbesök. Med sig har storsessan mamma Silvia och pappa kungen. Men som vanligt stal Victoria föreställningen. Sedan fick också kungen och Silvia se dottern slå nytt svenskt prinsessrekord – i handskakning. När det i går eftermiddag var dags att besöka Nordens hus på Island passade Victoria på att genomföra sitt lyckade rekordförsök.

Seg efter 30 minuter
Hon och föräldrarna var där för att träffa svenska kolonin – 400 vuxna och 100 barn. Under 40 minuter stod hon – outtröttligt och ständigt leende – och hälsade på svensk efter svensk. Efter cirka en halvtimme började hon se seg ut, men skärpte till sig och lyckades genomföra alla 500 handskakningar och ett antal kramar.

Jan Davidsson, kläddesigner på Island, var den förste att få skaka Victorias hand.
– Stort. Det var första gången jag hälsade på de svenska kungligheterna. Men att de orkar? Jag skulle få tennisarmbåge efter bara 100 personer.

Last edited:
What was this visit for? What is the relationship between them?

robby86 said:
Thats cool!!! What in the world is he doing????????
That´s a flying drone watching out for a (future) Queen ;)

Thanks for all the photos. The Crown Princess and the Queen both look spectacular, hats and all. :)

lucys said:
I don't know about hats being a requirement for princesses--I think it's more a northern thing. Infanta Elena, for example, or her sister, usually only wear hats at functions like weddings, but I think most people find them "princessey" enough. Some of these hats just make these young ladies look too old. If these new crop of princesses are breaking molds, can't the break the hat required mold too?

Just look at these two of Princess Victoria from today--without the hat her outfit looks so much younger--although overall she really does dress too dowdy for such an attractive young lady with such a winning smile.

With hat: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/lena1953/is23.jpg
Without hat: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/lena1953/is10.jpg
I think hats are lovely even for young women. We wear them a lot here in Palm Beach so to me it’s nothing out of the ordinary. Victoria looks great in hats & she has a number of very nice ones but this particular hat however, I’m not a fan of.

Maybe something like this would have been better on her (in a diff color).

http://www.hatsandthat.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=339

Also do you think there will be one more gala
sometimes there are two sometimesw there are only one and at times there are non
Royalcourt.se says that there´s a return dinner this evening at the Nordic hotel.

there are pictures on Brainpix from the dinner... Victoria looks beautiful

kittencrews said:
there are pictures on Brainpix from the dinner... Victoria looks beautiful
How can you access brainpix? I even can´t look at the thumbnails...there´s only a red cross.
What is Victoria wearing? And the Queen?

I don't have access to Brainpix either, but I'm sure somebody does and could post them for us... =)

I just saw the one picture of Victoria and Silvia on the main Royals page on Brainpix.

kittencrews said:
Victoria looks beautiful

That she does and her mother as well. :)

"Maybe something like this would have been better on her (in a diff color).

http://www.hatsandthat.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=339"

Nice hat. A different color. Not a fan of the back part though. Reminds me of Mette-Marit´s hat at the christening.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few pictures 1 (from Fotomarktplatz and Seeger-press)

Attachments

• is2.jpg
    is2.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 352
  • is3.jpg
    is3.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 307
  • is4.jpg
    is4.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 287
  • is6.jpg
    is6.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 410
  • is7.jpg
    is7.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 311
  • is8.jpg
    is8.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 264
  • is9.jpg
    is9.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 358
  • is10.jpg
    is10.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 354
  • is11.jpg
    is11.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 61,734
  • is1.jpg
    is1.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 289
A few pictures 2

Attachments

• is16.jpg
    is16.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 359
  • is21.jpg
    is21.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 337
  • is20.jpg
    is20.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 301
  • is19.jpg
    is19.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 363
  • is18.jpg
    is18.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 375
  • is17.jpg
    is17.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 255
  • is15.jpg
    is15.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 377
  • is14.jpg
    is14.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 292
  • is13.jpg
    is13.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 328
  • is12.jpg
    is12.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 331
A few pictures 3

Attachments

• is22.jpg
    is22.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 308
  • is23.jpg
    is23.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 401
  • is24.jpg
    is24.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 380
  • is25.jpg
    is25.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 262
  • is26.jpg
    is26.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 292
  • is27.jpg
    is27.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 314
  • is28.jpg
    is28.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 356
  • is29.jpg
    is29.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 284
Thank you so much for all the gorgeous pictures, Lena! You're the best!

The ladies look lovely! and fun that victoria is wearing a more prominent tiara, i just think (from the little i´ve seen) that victoria could have done something more with her hair, but atleast it is not a pony tail...
Is that purple dress the one that she wore at haakons & m-m wedding?

Back
Top Bottom