Swedish Royal Videos & Sound Clips (+ coming TV appearances)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A video of "The Lilian Look!" -exhibition, which queen Silvia inaugurates tomorrow. The director of the Royal Collections, Margareta Nisser-Dalman tells about princess Lilian's style and some dresses are shown.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3V0qo3QFPA

Året med kungafamiljen 2015 (The Year with The Royal Family) will be broadcasted on 5th January at 20.00 on SVT1 and SVTplay.

The Prince wedding and Prince Nicolas baptism were two major events in 2015 which was a year of both celebrations and duties. We follow princess Sofia to South Africa's shanty town and Project Playground. Queen Silvia and Princess Madeleine meet the Pope in Rome. The Crown Princess couple travels to Colombia and Peru. And the king shows his best fishing grounds.

SVT has published first teaser video of the program, it is Sofia's "princess debut", visit to Värmland.
Sofias prinsessdebut_ ”Bra att börja med stövlar i skogen” _ SVT.se

Nothing about the two impending motherhoods? When was it filmed?

Nothing about the two impending motherhoods? When was it filmed?

Producer Sara Bull and the SVT crew follow the members of the royal family during the year and film many events, like we have seen on previous years. Well, last year it was more about the holiday in Solliden and less about their work.
And then after the Nobels they normally cut the material and decide what stays at the final program. Those events which they tell being at the program aren't the only ones, there is a lot more.
According to the photos at Sara Bull's Instagram they have been at least:
- Daniel at at Swedish Ski Association's "All young people on Snow" -day at Hammarbybacken
- Nordic World Ski Championships in Falun
- The king and queen on a state visit in Finland
- The queen, Madeleine and Chris meeting the Pope
- The king at the Living Salmon Rivers conference
- Carl Philip and Sofia on their visit to Värmland
- The Lilian Look -exhibition
- The king at royal audiences in the beginning of September
- Sofia's trip to South Africa
- Carl Philip and Sofia on their visit to Dalarna
- Victoria and Daniel on their visit to Peru and Colombia

We will see if all these are at the program.

Last edited:
Producer Sara Bull and the SVT crew follow the members of the royal family during the year and film many events, like we have seen on previous years. Well, last year it was more about the holiday in Solliden and less about their work.
And then after the Nobels they normally cut the material and decide what stays at the final program. Those events which they tell being at the program aren't the only ones, there is a lot more.
According to the photos at Sara Bull's Instagram they have been at least:
- Daniel at at Swedish Ski Association's "All young people on Snow" -day at Hammarbybacken
- Nordic World Ski Championships in Falun
- The king and queen on a state visit in Finland
- The queen, Madeleine and Chris meeting the Pope
- The king at the Living Salmon Rivers conference
- Carl Philip and Sofia on their visit to Värmland
- The Lilian Look -exhibition
- The king at royal audiences in the beginning of September
- Sofia's trip to South Africa
- Carl Philip and Sofia on their visit to Dalarna
- Victoria and Daniel on their visit to Peru and Colombia

We will see if all these are at the program.

Thanks. Maybe they will mention the two pregnancies in the packed film of the officisl visits...

SVT has updated three new videos from "The Year with the Royal Family" to their website:
- The King's birthday, Estelle dancing
Prinsessan Estelles glädjedans i vårsolen _ SVT.se

- The Lilian Look! exhibition
Prinsessan Lilians tidlösa stil – och oförglömliga person _ SVT.se

- Victoria's exclusive interview, made in Colombia. She tells about the peace process, why the trip is so important for Sweden and about the visits to various places during the visit.
Hoppfull kronprinsessa på plats i fredsprocess _ SVT.se

The Year with the Royal Family 2015, link here:
Året med kungafamiljen 2015 - Avsnitt 1 _ SVT Play

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished watching it online. It was a nice resumè. I think they should show the clips and events in time order as it gets confusing sometimes. I have to say that one of my favourite moments was the King's fishing and reaxing. I think he really looked like a different and less grumpy person!
I also have to say that I feel like most of Victoria and Dan's south americna trip was a bit neglected and not very well focused on. All in all it was a nice video to see...

Very nice video which captures most of the years highlights. Thanks for the link.

SVT has for a long time broadcasted program "Året med kungafamiljen" ("The Year with the Royal Family"), usually close to the New Year.

Now TV4 makes an own program of the royal family, the host is Ebba Kleberg von Sydow (who changed from SVT to TV4 this year). It will be broadcasted at Christmas. Ebba tells that the program is not "The Year of the Royal Family", they want to make something of their own. Ebba thinks it's a little boring that there wil be only one program, she would have wanted to make a mini-serie.
Ebba visited Solliden for the first time in her life. She has never been there before although she has hosted so many royal family celebrations. Ebba bought some apples and made apple pie to her children from the Solliden apples.
Ebba and the staff documented Victoria inaugurating the Öland Harvest Festival, and tomorrow she will travel to Germany and cover the king's and queen's state visit. It is the first time for Ebba to take part at a state visit with the royals.
Hurra, mitt nya uppdrag! » Ebbas blogg

Yesterday Ebba was with Victoria at the Baltic Sea seminar
Så, vilket kungligt program är bäst_ » Ebbas blogg

Last edited:
The traditional "Året med kungafamiljen" (The Year with the Royal Family) will be shown on SVT1 on 28th December at 20.00.
"In 2016, the royal family had much to celebrate. The king turned 70 this year, two new princes, Prince Oscar and Prince Alexander, were born, and the royal couple celebrated 40-year anniversary. SVT has followed the royal family on trips both in Sweden and abroad. There is a Technique Mission trip to Japan, a trip to Mexico, a state visit to Bhutan and in the Queen's homeland Germany."
TV-tablå _ SVT.se

And this year also TV4 has made their own program of the royal family.
"Kungahuset 9–5". Ebba Kleberg von Sydow has followed the royal family's work during the year. The program will be shown on TV4 on 25th December at 20.00.
"At festive occasions, parties and celebrations, we see the royal family in all its glory. But how is a day at the job for Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia? How committed the king is for newly arrived immigrants and refugees? What Crown Princess Victoria is dedicated to and how she passes on her commitment to Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar? And what really inspires Prince Daniel? These and many more questions about the royal family's days, tasks and driving forces get answers in Kungahuset 9-5.
We have made a program that gives viewers an exclusive glimpse into the world of royals. We want to show their ordinary days and working which is a new way to tell about the royal family's situation and the responsibility that rests on the king as head of state. A documentary that I hope is both entertaining and interesting, says Mattias Hagerlund, executive producer TV4."
Kungahuset 9-5 ger unik inblick i kunglighet som yrke _ TV4-Gruppen

Last edited:
A trailer from TV4's and Ebba Kleberg von Sydow's program "Kungahuset 9-5"
Häng med Ebba i Kungahuset 9-5 - Nyhetsmorgon - tv4.se

Svensk Damtidning has an article about Ebba Kleberg von Sydow. She tells a little about "Kungahuset 9-5". The program doesn't focus on royal events on a chronological order. There will not be retro photos of the royal family's archive. The program shows the every day life of royals. What they do between the big celebrations and festive events. The two questions Ebba always gets are: What the members of the royal family are doing during the day? How much they work? In addition to some clips from the Royal Palace and Solliden Palace in autumn there wil be personal interviews with all members of the royal family except Madeleine and Chris who live in London.
Ebba says: "It was fun to get a real chat with the crown princess. We spoke about what she is passionate about, how she sees her role, her responsibilities and how she forwards her interests to princess Estelle. My impression of her is that she is extremely well prepared and driven".
And about the outfits of royals, Ebba has a personal favourite: Victoria's Elie Saab -dress at Alexander's christening. Ebba says that it has been put to her royal style album, she gets always very inspired about crown princess Victoria's look.

Svensk Damtidning tells also about SVT's program "Året med kungafamiljen"(The Year with the Royal Family).

"It has been a bewildering year", says Victoria when Sara Bull meets her at Haga Palace. "To get a son, one more child. And having been able to give Estelle a sibling. It has been fantastic to experience little Oscar. He is already almost a year old so a lot is happening for him. It is a great gift to be able to follow a little child from so close and see his growth".
Victoria tells also how Estelle is as a big sister: "She is a very good big sister. Incredibly warm and involved, and she has patience. So she is very nice with Oscar".
Victoria also says that her daughter has already started to pick up her mother's concern for the Baltic Sea. They don't get so much fish anymore when they fish together at Kalmarsund in the summer: "It brings up many good discussions at our home. We can already talk with Estelle that the fish don't feel so good."
Estelle shares that engagement with her grandfather, and at "Året med kungafamiljen" people can see the king at his private fishing trip in Mexico, snorkel with whale sharks and feeding sea lions in shorts and T-shirt. The King also tells a very funny detail from his private breakfast table: he has actually always crisp bread and Kalles Kaviar with him when he travels, one never gets really the right bread when one is traveling.

A short clip from "Året med kungafamiljen"
Kungen erkänner vad han saknar på sina utlandsresor

In addition to "Året med kungafamiljen" and "Kungahuset 9-5", there will be two programs of Drottningholm Palace shown on SVT.

"Drottningholms Slott - Ett kungligt hem" (Drottningholm Palace - A Royal Home) at SVT1 on 5th and 6th January.
Drottningholms slott - ett kungligt hem _ SVT.se

Part 1
The story of Drottningholm Palace from the 1600s to the present, from the cellar to the attic. Princess Christina presents Drottningholm's first queen, Hedvig Eleonora. Crown Princess Victoria shows the secret silk cabinet. The king is involved in the renovation of the Chinese Pavilion. Queen Silvia tells about Drottningholm's friendly Palace ghosts.
Part 2
In the second of the two programs Christmas is celebrated at Drottningholm and Queen Silvia tells about when Father Christmas was caught by the security guard. Crown Princess Victoria talks about what it was like to be a child at Drottningholm, with among other, a scary mummy. Princess Christina has memories of a younger brother who was driving a pedal car through the palace.
TV-tablå _ SVT.se

Both Svensk Damtidning and Expressen tell about how queen Silvia tells at the program "Drottningholm - A Royal Home" about Estelle and Father Christmas.
Queen Silvia tells about how Christmas usually is in the royal family.
- It is always very nice. It may be where we live, in the private part of the Palace, or in a basement, or at Oscar II's old kitchen. It is always very nice. I think it's important to have a certain tradition.
As an example, she takes up Father Christmas coming with packages and Christmas spirit to the family, and perhaps especially to the youngest.
- When children grow older Father Christmas comes. It is very important. We see him always come with a light and he's so hard to walk, it's so heavy! But last year little Estelle was very nervous, happy and excited. It was very exciting that Father Christmas would come and she saw him coming closer, says Queen Silvia at "Drottningholm Palace - a Royal Home."
But the tensed anticipation exchanged quickly to disappointment.
- Suddenly he was gone! And she was so disappointed and said: "Where did he go?" We did not see him either. Suddenly, he came from a completely different direction and then the palace guard had caught him, says Silvia in the program and laughs loudly.
It turned out that Father Christmas had been taken by the palace guard because he was not able to show identification.
- It is clear, which Father Christmas has an ID? He had not, says Silvia and concludes:
- All families want to build a tradition on birthdays and Christmas and we also try to do so.
Silvia om Estelles juldrama_ _Hon var så besviken_ _ Nyheter _ Expressen

A clip from TV4's "Kungahuset 9-5", Ebba Kleberg von Sydow interviewing crown princess Victoria.
Exklusivt klipp från dokumentären _Kungahuset 9-5_ - Nyhetsmorgon - tv4.se

The program will be shown today at 20.00 at TV4 and TV4play.

Ebba Kleberg von Sydow at her blog about Victoria:
A question I received many times over the autumn: 'And how is Crown Princess Victoria, then?' - Something many seem to be amazingly curious. My impression is that she is extremely dedicated to her mission, well prepared, hard working and with high ambitions in everything she does. And she certainly is knowledgeable and genuinely interested in, for example, environmental issues and particularly the water issue. It feels that this commitment is personal.
And it is wonderful to interview a person who has such an authority, inspires such respect - there is a special atmosphere. Sure, she is human, but she is also Sweden's future queen. A very, very special role, of course. Then I am also thinking 'good for her' when I see that she is really working on things she is passionate about. If you have a profession which happens to be a lifelong mission, so of course there is a lot more fun, it is more rewarding and better for all concerned if you love what you do. And the crown princess seems surely to constantly challenge herself - and has fun at work. Smart!
Och hur är kronprinsessan_* » Ebbas blogg

You can watch TV4's and Ebba Kleberg von Sydow's program "Kungahuset 9-5" at TV4play, but you have to register if you haven't done it already previously. It is free.
Kungahuset 9-5 - Streama TV4 Play

TV4play has published another short video from "Kungahuset 9-5", Daniel at Sports Day and Prince Daniel's Race.
Prins Daniel_ _Väldigt nöjd med min roll_ - Streama TV4 Play

Here is the link to SVT's traditional "Året med kungafamiljen" (The Year with the Royal Family)
Året med kungafamiljen 2016 _ SVT Play

Victoria was interviewed at Haga Palace.
https://imageupper.com/s02/1/6/D14829531251117655_2.jpg
https://imageupper.com/s02/1/6/D14829531251117655_1.jpg

The best at the program were the interviews with the king and Victoria. The king was relaxed and Victoria is such a pro, her knowledge and passion at the environmental, water and sea issues is great to hear. And it was nice to see Daniel playing floorball with the kids in Jordbro, he is so natural with the kids. It was also good that they didn't show so much the big events of the year which had had their own programs.
The program was better than in many years.

TV4's "Kungahuset 9-5" was a huge disappointment. I liked the interviews of the king, queen, Victoria and Daniel. It is always good when the royals speak seriously about their work. But there was too much of everything at the program, too short clips, bad filming, it was confusing. And the music was just awful. No solo events of the queen were shown. Ebba Kleberg von Sydow was shown too much. The part of the royal fashion was totally unnecessary.

In the unique interview at Året med kungafamiljen with Crown Princess Victoria at Haga Palace, where the whole crown princess family lives, Victoria tells in a very personal way about her concern for the state of the Baltic Sea.
- The Baltic Sea is so complex and looks so beautiful on the surface. But then, with a little more information, you realize that it is feeling very bad, she said at the program.
Crown Princess Victoria takes at the the program up availability of fish as a concrete example of how badly the Baltic Sea is feeling.
- When I was little we fished a lot outside Öland, particularly Kalmarsund. There are other fish that you get up today, if you even get fish. Sometimes there is not enough fish. Then we have the algal bloom that most people who try to swim in the sea in the summer suffer. You realize that you can not swim or it does not look especially fun, says Victoria.
Victoria also mentions that Princess Estelle, 4, shares concerns with her.
- Our daughter Estelle is four years old, but we talk with her about it. That the fish is not good, that we fish in a way that is not sustainable. We talk a lot about dead zones and oxygen deficient seafloors. That out of ten of the world's dead marine zones, seven are at the Baltic Sea.
Victorias och Estelles oro för framtiden _ Kungligt _ Expressen

En Frisk Generation (The Healthy Generation) Foundation tells at their social media that Daniel's visit to their activity in Jordbro is shown at the program. Daniel is the patron of En Frisk Generation.
https://www.facebook.com/enfriskgen...553553783134/1239373769434436/?type=3&theater
https://www.instagram.com/p/BOkrB9EAmPw/?taken-by=enfriskgeneration

I always have a feeling that Victoria (and Carl Gustav) articulate very distictively when they speak.
When I hear others speak Swedish it flows more.
But this can be a totally wrong impression as I don't speak any Swedish.

Despite me not speaking swedish, I was able to catch some parts of the speech with the help of subititles, as I know some swedish words...

About Victoria's interview at "Året med kungafamiljen"
Victoria said about her speech at the king's 70th birthday that most important thing to bring out for her and on her sibling's behalf was that they love their dad as a father and what he has meant to them, but also that they appreciate him for what he has done as a king also.
Victoria also told what she wants to take with her from her mother and father about the way to be king and queen one day in the future:
- I think that as a child one watches her parents and says that I take that with me and that I hopefully can improve and manage, I have very wise parents, two very curious parents. I think curiosity is something I particularly want to protect and the best way give to my children, I think it is a great gift to be able to be curious, because I think that in that way most things will be easier.
Kronprinsessan Victoria_ ”Jag har väldigt kloka och nyfikna föräldrar” Gala magazine _ Gala magazine

Video of Victoria's interview where Victoria speaks about Estelle as a big sister, and also the baptisms are shown.
Så är Estelle som storasyster_ ”Otroligt varm” _ SVT Play

Last edited:
Expressen has a short clip of queen Silvia speaking at "Drottningholms Slott - Ett kungligt hem" (Drottningholm Palace - A Royal Home) which will be broadcasted at SVT1 on 5th and 6th January.

The king and queen live at Drottningholm Palace. But their home is haunted by ghosts, says Queen Silvia at "Drottningholm Palace - a royal home."
- There are ghosts, there are many. There is a lot of history here, there are also little friends ... ghosts. They are all very friendly, but sometimes you feel that you are not alone. So come and feel yourself walking around here in the dark and so. It's very exciting, says Queen Silvia in the program.
The Queen stresses, however, that they are "harmless" ghosts.
- You do not get scared, it's a kindness that exists. What if they could tell?
Princess Christina, who among other things has written a book about Drottningholm Palace, is also interviewed at the program. She agrees with the queen of the existence of ghosts in the Palace.
- Of course there are. It haunts at all the old houses. There is much energy in this house and it would be strange if it wasn't reflected in little sounds and shapes. In all the old houses there are stories of ghosts, she says.
Christina believes that it is mostly human imagination speaking.
- Sometimes, people think they see figures. Mostly when it becomes a little dusk or at night, of course. And then the imagination starts to fly.
Drottning Silvia_ Det spökar på Drottningholms slott _ Kungligt _ Expressen

I am surprised to read that the queen believe in ghosts! I would never have imagined that. I think that it is true that sometimes old houses are "full of the past", but I don't believe in ghosts. Maybe they used the wrong term...

I am surprised to read that the queen believe in ghosts! I would never have imagined that. I think that it is true that sometimes old houses are "full of the past", but I don't believe in ghosts. Maybe they used the wrong term...

Both the Queen and Christina said "spöken" = ghosts

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom