Swedish Royal Family, Picture Thread Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a some more

what years can these be from?

Attachments

• 10665714_1.jpg
    10665714_1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 609
  • 10664968_1.jpg
    10664968_1.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 698
  • 10664822_1.jpg
    10664822_1.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 754
  • 9337073_1.jpg
    9337073_1.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 621
  • 10631233_1.jpg
    10631233_1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,229
Last edited:
Home alone?

A little joke on the film; ie perhaps she was acidentally left behind.

or... perhaps she had been naughty... "No holiday for Madeline this year!"

Warren said:
A little joke on the film; ie perhaps she was acidentally left behind.

or... perhaps she had been naughty... "No holiday for Madeline this year!"
ahhh now i understand you are refering to one of the earlier posts
did not get that at first

and here are some more

what years can these be from?

Attachments

• 11337436_1.jpg
    11337436_1.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 1,102
  • 11337436_11.jpg
    11337436_11.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 1,166
Last edited:
Here´s two!

The royal family infront of their home Drottningholm Palace in 1986

three very "non royal" photos, taken on the Kings birthday 1991. Very sweet imo :)

Attachments

• 200504303.JPG
    200504303.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 946
  • 20050430group.JPG
    20050430group.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 699
  • drottningholm.jpg
    drottningholm.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 1,693
  • 1991silviavictoria.jpg
    1991silviavictoria.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 799
  • 1991viccarlp.jpg
    1991viccarlp.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 674
  • 19910430.jpg
    19910430.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,276
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Yennie, thanks for these 'Non Royal' photos (as you labelled them) as they bring back a time when the whole Swedish Royal Family was so much more spontaneous & uninhibited...!
Now they're all adults and understandably self-concsious of pics being taken, plus the fashion statement they might make etc. -
(Although dressing up Princesses Victoria and Madeleine in the same outfits was, by the way, repeating one of the worst British Royal traditions as it is bound to make at least one of the sisters feel awkward, but what the heck, it still looks pretty -)
By comparison, these days the strain has started to show. I'd suggest that they get a more innovative photographer who does real portraits again. The latest official pics of the Swedish RF are as outdated as their website's design. By comparison, the Danish RF's approach towards official pics and design could serve as a great guideline here.

Thank you Boris!

Here´s three more photos, from different eras, but still of the same happy family

Attachments

• öland.JPG
    öland.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 862
  • family.jpg
    family.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,074
  • 1995.jpg
    1995.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 854
The first one is private, so I dont know the date of that. The second one could be from christmas 1982? and the last one was taken on the Kings birthday in 1995

Are there some "official pictures" of the king and the queen, just the two of them, together? I think there used to be one of their website but I'm not sure..Post them if you have any!! Thanks!!

here is one more

Attachments

• Opera2.jpg
    Opera2.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 3,089
Here´s a photo of the whole family, attending a movie premiere in the early 90´s

This is the first time that I´ve seen all the children of the Haga princesses together. The only one missing is Victoria as she was still at Yale at the time.

The photo was taken on midsummers eve 1998 when Sibylla Ambler got married.

Attachments

• cinema.jpg
    cinema.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,034
  • cousins.jpg
    cousins.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 1,121
In honour of midsummers eve, the longest day of the year, here´s some photos of Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine (and their mom :) ) celebrating midsummer by wearing flowers in their hair!

Attachments

• m1.JPG
    m1.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 3,206
  • midsummer2.JPG
    midsummer2.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 469
  • midsumme66.JPG
    midsumme66.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 596
  • m2.JPG
    m2.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 650
  • midsommarkrans97.JPG
    midsommarkrans97.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 461
  • midsummersilvia.JPG
    midsummersilvia.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 888
Wow. What beautiful photos of the family with their flowers and wreaths. I especially like photos 4 and 5.

Thanks

How sweet Yennie! Love the one of Princess Madeleine in particular.

President Boris Jeltsin of Russia as he arrived to a State Visit in Sweden in December 1998:

The Royal Family received Pope John Paul II on his visit to Sweden in 1989:

In September 1997 the King, Queen and Crown Princess made a tour of the inner Norrland County by the railroad "inlandsbanan" - the tour started in Östersund and ended in Gällivare, noth of the arctic circle. It was a 3 day tour and they stoped in 16 places. They fished, hiked and lived "wilderness life" in lap cots.

In the second of the photos from Inlandsbanan, Victoria looks so old. atleast older than she looks today. She really has improved her style alot!

Dragshow artists Christer Lindarw and Lasse Flinckman as Queen Silvia and Crowm Princess Victoria (from one of their shows in the late 90's I think) :D

King Carl Gustaf, Queen Silvia and Princess Lilian opening the Ulriksdal Flower Show on 7 June 2005, pictures from Cover.

Attachments

• rimg00449hw.png
    rimg00449hw.png
    141.6 KB · Views: 1,405
  • U Flower Show 7 juni 2005_5.jpg
    U Flower Show 7 juni 2005_5.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 557
  • U Flower Show 7 juni 2005_4.jpg
    U Flower Show 7 juni 2005_4.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,071
  • U Flower Show 7 juni 2005_3.jpg
    U Flower Show 7 juni 2005_3.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 497
  • U Flower Show 7 juni 2005_2.jpg
    U Flower Show 7 juni 2005_2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 645
  • U Flower Show 7 juni 2005_1.jpg
    U Flower Show 7 juni 2005_1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,426
The King, Queen and Victoria at the Polar Music Prize in may 2005

photos from Bruno

Attachments

• polar.jpg
    polar.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 1,462
  • P1.jpg
    P1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 614
  • P2.jpg
    P2.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 507
  • P3.jpg
    P3.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 502
  • P5.jpg
    P5.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 438
  • P6.jpg
    P6.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 456
  • P7.jpg
    P7.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 445
  • P8.jpg
    P8.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 450
Last edited:
Prince Carl Philip

Why did Prince Carl Philip spend two years studying in the States?

Gita said:
Why did Prince Carl Philip spend two years studying in the States?

I know about 2 versions:

1. He was there to get help with his dyslexia and his speaking problems

2. He had some problems at school, because of shyness. And because of this story in the confirmation camp (where the youngsters should have been naked and should have licked jam from each other-under the guidance of the reverend). After it his school mates should have bullied him because of that.

Well, version 2 is very "tabloidy".
And probably the advantage of learning a language for real in a (it) speaking country was a reason as well...

Lena said:
I know about 2 versions:

2. He had some problems at school, because of shyness. And because of this story in the confirmation camp (where the youngsters should have been naked and should have licked jam from each other-under the guidance of the reverend). After it his school mates should have bullied him because of that.

And probably the advantage of learning a language for real in a (it) speaking country was a reason as well...
WHAT??????

Danielle said:
Yes, I am a little concerned about this comment as well. :confused:

About my sanity or the story? :D

As I´ve already said, it´s very tabloidy. The story was in a lot of german tabloids* and very detailed, so I assume it has an Swedish origin (which doesn´t always mean, that it´s true). It´s also not said, if CP was really involved. After the camp some parents should have complained. But maybe just their children were involved. I don´t want to say, that a confirmation camp is full of "sins", but to play around with the own sexuality at that age (15) isn´t uncommon (says Dr. Lena Freud ;) )
Well, maybe a Swede, who read then mags can tell something to that (?)

*German tabloids usually don´t copy stories from each other...and stories a la "Crown princess Victoria marries crown prince Felipe" are usually not very detailed.

Lena said:
I know about 2 versions:

haha yes it is very tabloidy :) But it was very "big news" in the papars at that time. But I dont remember if ETW made some sort of press release about it or if it all was considered "to-stupid-to-answer-gossip". But who knows? Swedish mags dont usually writes completely untrue things like the german mags does.

I think it was a combination of both reasons, that made him move to the states. The first one is probably true, I think Kent school had some special dyslexia programme.

And I also think he(and his sister) liked USA, he and Victoria went to camps in Colorado during some summers in the arly 90´s. An as we all know, Victoria returned to the states and studied at Yale from 1998-2000

Yennie said:
haha yes it is very tabloidy :) But it was very "big news" in the papars at that time. But I dont remember if ETW made some sort of press release about it or if it all was considered "to-stupid-to-answer-gossip". But who knows? Swedish mags dont usually writes completely untrue things like the german mags does.

I think it was a combination of both reasons, that made him move to the states. The first one is probably true, I think Kent school had some special dyslexia programme.

And I also think he(and his sister) liked USA, he and Victoria went to camps in Colorado during some summers in the arly 90´s. An as we all know, Victoria returned to the states and studied at Yale from 1998-2000

Thank you for the clarification, Yennie. We though probably will never know, what happened really in this camp ;) :rolleyes:

As you say that with CP and Victoria being US-fans (which is probably true, since they attended school there and are still holidaying there every now and then)...what is with Madeleine? I can´t remember a single pic of Madeleine in the US or that we have heard about a visit (!) Has she ever visited her sister, when she studied at Yale?

Back
Top Bottom