The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 05-09-2005, 03:22 PM
Yennie's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Skåne, Sweden
Posts: 2,599
The first one is private, so I dont know the date of that. The second one could be from christmas 1982? and the last one was taken on the Kings birthday in 1995
__________________

__________________
Life is like a box of chocolates... you'll never know what you're gonna get
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 05-15-2005, 07:59 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3
Are there some "official pictures" of the king and the queen, just the two of them, together? I think there used to be one of their website but I'm not sure..Post them if you have any!! Thanks!!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 05-15-2005, 08:03 PM
mixer2002de's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 629
well have a look at the official homepage of them at http://www.royalcourt.se for official pics of them !
__________________
Wanna see a real good movie, just download it:
http://www.archive.org/details/M_
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 05-22-2005, 11:22 AM
Josefine's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: , Sweden
Posts: 9,188
here is one more
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 05-22-2005, 05:40 PM
Yennie's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Skåne, Sweden
Posts: 2,599
Here´s a photo of the whole family, attending a movie premiere in the early 90´s

This is the first time that I´ve seen all the children of the Haga princesses together. The only one missing is Victoria as she was still at Yale at the time.

The photo was taken on midsummers eve 1998 when Sibylla Ambler got married.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cinema.jpg
Views:	606
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	147867   Click image for larger version

Name:	cousins.jpg
Views:	783
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	150978  
__________________
Life is like a box of chocolates... you'll never know what you're gonna get
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 06-12-2005, 06:06 AM
Josefine's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: , Sweden
Posts: 9,188
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=154103

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=154126

here is a family photo from the natinal day in sweden
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	showLayoutImage12.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	158207  
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 06-24-2005, 06:49 PM
Yennie's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Skåne, Sweden
Posts: 2,599
In honour of midsummers eve, the longest day of the year, here´s some photos of Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine (and their mom :) ) celebrating midsummer by wearing flowers in their hair!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m1.JPG
Views:	318
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	163034   Click image for larger version

Name:	m2.JPG
Views:	301
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	163035   Click image for larger version

Name:	midsommarkrans97.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	163036   Click image for larger version

Name:	midsumme66.JPG
Views:	234
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	163037  

Click image for larger version

Name:	midsummer2.JPG
Views:	197
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	163038   Click image for larger version

Name:	midsummersilvia.JPG
Views:	346
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	163039  
__________________
Life is like a box of chocolates... you'll never know what you're gonna get
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 06-24-2005, 06:58 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Posts: 6,423
Wow. What beautiful photos of the family with their flowers and wreaths. I especially like photos 4 and 5.
__________________
WYAO
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 06-25-2005, 05:13 PM
Gita's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: ., United Kingdom
Posts: 773
Thumbs up Thanks

How sweet Yennie! Love the one of Princess Madeleine in particular.
__________________
Where does ones childhood go? Gita.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 06-25-2005, 08:59 PM
GrandDuchess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somwhere, Sweden
Posts: 3,407

President Boris Jeltsin of Russia as he arrived to a State Visit in Sweden in December 1998:


The Royal Family received Pope John Paul II on his visit to Sweden in 1989:


In September 1997 the King, Queen and Crown Princess made a tour of the inner Norrland County by the railroad "inlandsbanan" - the tour started in Östersund and ended in Gällivare, noth of the arctic circle. It was a 3 day tour and they stoped in 16 places. They fished, hiked and lived "wilderness life" in lap cots.
__________________
Sofia's Blog (my blog)
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 06-26-2005, 06:02 AM
Yennie's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Skåne, Sweden
Posts: 2,599
In the second of the photos from Inlandsbanan, Victoria looks so old. atleast older than she looks today. She really has improved her style alot!
__________________
Life is like a box of chocolates... you'll never know what you're gonna get
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 07-03-2005, 06:55 PM
GrandDuchess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somwhere, Sweden
Posts: 3,407
Dragshow artists Christer Lindarw and Lasse Flinckman as Queen Silvia and Crowm Princess Victoria (from one of their shows in the late 90's I think)

King Carl Gustaf, Queen Silvia and Princess Lilian opening the Ulriksdal Flower Show on 7 June 2005, pictures from Cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rimg00449hw.png
Views:	144
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	166927   Click image for larger version

Name:	U Flower Show 7 juni 2005_1.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	166928   Click image for larger version

Name:	U Flower Show 7 juni 2005_2.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	166929   Click image for larger version

Name:	U Flower Show 7 juni 2005_3.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	166930  

Click image for larger version

Name:	U Flower Show 7 juni 2005_4.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	166931   Click image for larger version

Name:	U Flower Show 7 juni 2005_5.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	166932  
__________________
Sofia's Blog (my blog)
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07-18-2005, 05:00 PM
Yennie's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Skåne, Sweden
Posts: 2,599
The King, Queen and Victoria at the Polar Music Prize in may 2005

photos from Bruno
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	polar.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	170607   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	171085   Click image for larger version

Name:	P2.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	171086   Click image for larger version

Name:	P3.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	171087  

Click image for larger version

Name:	P5.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	171088   Click image for larger version

Name:	P6.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	171089   Click image for larger version

Name:	P7.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	171090   Click image for larger version

Name:	P8.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	171091  

__________________
Life is like a box of chocolates... you'll never know what you're gonna get
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 08-21-2005, 05:54 PM
Gita's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: ., United Kingdom
Posts: 773
Question Prince Carl Philip

Why did Prince Carl Philip spend two years studying in the States?
__________________
Where does ones childhood go? Gita.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 08-21-2005, 06:10 PM
Lena's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mandø, Denmark
Posts: 3,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gita
Why did Prince Carl Philip spend two years studying in the States?
I know about 2 versions:

1. He was there to get help with his dyslexia and his speaking problems

2. He had some problems at school, because of shyness. And because of this story in the confirmation camp (where the youngsters should have been naked and should have licked jam from each other-under the guidance of the reverend). After it his school mates should have bullied him because of that.

Well, version 2 is very "tabloidy".
And probably the advantage of learning a language for real in a (it) speaking country was a reason as well...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 08-21-2005, 08:47 PM
robby86's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tucson, United States
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
I know about 2 versions:

1. He was there to get help with his dyslexia and his speaking problems

2. He had some problems at school, because of shyness. And because of this story in the confirmation camp (where the youngsters should have been naked and should have licked jam from each other-under the guidance of the reverend). After it his school mates should have bullied him because of that.

Well, version 2 is very "tabloidy".
And probably the advantage of learning a language for real in a (it) speaking country was a reason as well...
WHAT??????
__________________
" Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today" ~~James Dean
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 08-21-2005, 11:21 PM
Danielle's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by robby86
WHAT??????
Yes, I am a little concerned about this comment as well.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 08-22-2005, 04:32 AM
Lena's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mandø, Denmark
Posts: 3,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle
Yes, I am a little concerned about this comment as well.
About my sanity or the story?

As I´ve already said, it´s very tabloidy. The story was in a lot of german tabloids* and very detailed, so I assume it has an Swedish origin (which doesn´t always mean, that it´s true). It´s also not said, if CP was really involved. After the camp some parents should have complained. But maybe just their children were involved. I don´t want to say, that a confirmation camp is full of "sins", but to play around with the own sexuality at that age (15) isn´t uncommon (says Dr. Lena Freud )
Well, maybe a Swede, who read then mags can tell something to that (?)

*German tabloids usually don´t copy stories from each other...and stories a la "Crown princess Victoria marries crown prince Felipe" are usually not very detailed.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 08-22-2005, 05:23 AM
Yennie's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Skåne, Sweden
Posts: 2,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
I know about 2 versions:

1. He was there to get help with his dyslexia and his speaking problems

2. He had some problems at school, because of shyness. And because of this story in the confirmation camp (where the youngsters should have been naked and should have licked jam from each other-under the guidance of the reverend). After it his school mates should have bullied him because of that.

Well, version 2 is very "tabloidy".
And probably the advantage of learning a language for real in a (it) speaking country was a reason as well...
haha yes it is very tabloidy :) But it was very "big news" in the papars at that time. But I dont remember if ETW made some sort of press release about it or if it all was considered "to-stupid-to-answer-gossip". But who knows? Swedish mags dont usually writes completely untrue things like the german mags does.

I think it was a combination of both reasons, that made him move to the states. The first one is probably true, I think Kent school had some special dyslexia programme.

And I also think he(and his sister) liked USA, he and Victoria went to camps in Colorado during some summers in the arly 90´s. An as we all know, Victoria returned to the states and studied at Yale from 1998-2000
__________________
Life is like a box of chocolates... you'll never know what you're gonna get
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 08-22-2005, 05:35 AM
Lena's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mandø, Denmark
Posts: 3,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
haha yes it is very tabloidy :) But it was very "big news" in the papars at that time. But I dont remember if ETW made some sort of press release about it or if it all was considered "to-stupid-to-answer-gossip". But who knows? Swedish mags dont usually writes completely untrue things like the german mags does.

I think it was a combination of both reasons, that made him move to the states. The first one is probably true, I think Kent school had some special dyslexia programme.

And I also think he(and his sister) liked USA, he and Victoria went to camps in Colorado during some summers in the arly 90´s. An as we all know, Victoria returned to the states and studied at Yale from 1998-2000
Thank you for the clarification, Yennie. We though probably will never know, what happened really in this camp

As you say that with CP and Victoria being US-fans (which is probably true, since they attended school there and are still holidaying there every now and then)...what is with Madeleine? I can´t remember a single pic of Madeleine in the US or that we have heard about a visit (!) Has she ever visited her sister, when she studied at Yale?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 7: May 2014 - JessRulz Royal House of Sweden 41 09-13-2014 02:04 AM
Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 6: December 2010 - May 2014 Marengo Current Events Archive 707 05-15-2014 09:44 PM
Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 5: February 2008 - December 2010 Her_Majesty Current Events Archive 389 01-27-2011 05:51 AM
The Royal Family of Spain Picture Thread, Part 1 Anna_R Royal Family of Spain 107 11-02-2008 04:36 AM
The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 1: August 2003 - February 2005 Tina Current Events Archive 127 02-07-2005 11:13 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit duchess of cambridge dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hohenzollern infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games ottoman picture of the month pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:16 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]