Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 7: May 2014 - Sept. 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was also a bit dissapointed that they mentioned CP and then he wasn't there- especially as I feel he and Madeleine conducted themselves so well when this actually took place, and didn't Victoria stay on her holidays? I feel like they 'deserve' to be there more than her. It would have been better not to put his name on the calendar and have him then show up rather than the opposite!

I'd love to know if he was really ever meant to be there or not.

I was also a bit dissapointed that they mentioned CP and then he wasn't there- especially as I feel he and Madeleine conducted themselves so well when this actually took place, and didn't Victoria stay on her holidays? I feel like they 'deserve' to be there more than her. It would have been better not to put his name on the calendar and have him then show up rather than the opposite!

Like it has been told many times, the king makes the final decisions who of the royal family attends at events. So he decided that Madeleine didn't have to be there. Of course one can think that if Madeleine would have insisted that she wants to attend at the service, the king would have taken her with them. About Carl Philip, who knows? Maybe it was a mistake that his name was at the calendar, but it was there for at least a week. Someone should have seen that his name is there and if his attendance wasn't planned, take his name away from there. I don't want to believe that Carl Philip was in Älvdalen with Sofia and was lazy and didn't arrive to the ceremony (Sofia told to the swedish press that they would spend Christmas in Stockholm and Älvdalen).
But as Margareta Thorgren commented about how the king, queen, Victoria and Daniel felt the service, she could have easily said "Prince Carl Philip is very sorry that he couldn't attend as planned because he was ill". But Thorgren didn't say that.

And the king, queen and Victoria attended at the one-year ceremony at Skansen on 26th December 2005. Carl Philip and Madeleine weren't there then either, even though the tragedy was much closer than now.

Last edited:
Happy New Year - Highlights of the Year 2014 at the court website. Over 120 photos of the royal family's events during 2014. The photos reflect the amount of their work events, a lot of photos of the king, queen, Victoria and Daniel.
Gott nytt år - årets höjdpunkter 2014 - Sveriges Kungahus

The family photo has been taken in Solliden in July, the HQ photo can be downloaded from here
Pressbilder Kungaparet - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

It is sad that the photo is so much photoshopped. Because Carl Philip has turned so much sideways, it looks like he and Sofia are photoshopped to the photo. Sofia is at the photo although Chris wasn't at the photo in the end of 2012 when he was engaged with Madeleine.

Last edited:
Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 7: May 2014 -

Happy New Year - Highlights of the Year 2014 at the court website. Over 120 photos of the royal family's events during 2014. The photos reflect the amount of their work events, a lot of photos of the king, queen, Victoria and Daniel.
Gott nytt år - årets höjdpunkter 2014 - Sveriges Kungahus

The family photo has been taken in Solliden in July, the HQ photo can be downloaded from here
Pressbilder Kungaparet - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

It is sad that the photo is so much photoshopped. Because Carl Philip has turned so much sideways, it looks like he and Sofia are photoshopped to the photo. Sofia is at the photo although Chris wasn't at the photo in the end of 2012 when he was engaged with Madeleine.

The photo is not photoshopped. It was taken on Victoriadagen there are photos on Instagram that I have posted previously of them all in those clothes at Solliden.

http://instagram.com/p/qd8xNjoUIU/

Last edited:
To be fair Chris was not there in 2012 because their engagement was announced in October and the picture was taken during the summer as usual....

The photo is not photoshopped. It was taken on Victoriadagen there are photos on Instagram that I have posted previously of them all in those clothes at Solliden.

Instagram

I didn't mean that Carl Philip and Sofia are photoshopped to the photo, I just said that it looks like that because Carl Philip is standing so sideways.
I meant that their faces are photoshopped, and a lot too much. Especially Victoria and Daniel look totally unnatural.
http://y.cdn-expressen.se/images/1b/76/1b760156837245c4a16a6e6e942e16e8/1x1/912@70.jpg
http://y.cdn-expressen.se/images/f8/1a/f81ad874458542828dbfdbc8b3db602a/1x1/912@70.jpg
http://y.cdn-expressen.se/images/9b/38/9b380322205a4258b5f6cd2e0633facb/1x1/912@70.jpg

To be fair Chris was not there in 2012 because their engagement was announced in October and the picture was taken during the summer as usual....
That photo was taken in September. And since Chris came to Sweden for Christmas, they could have taken a family photo and publish that as a Christmas greeting. Once again they treat Chris totally differently than Sofia. And they could have published this Solliden photo in the summer as a summer greeting and take a new photo in December. To publish almost six months old summer photo in the winter isn't very good idea.

Last edited:
Personally, I love the family photo. It seems that the SRF prefer to release a New Year's photo of the whole family instead of a Christmas one. I like how they release new photos that were taken earlier in the year. Other RFs do this as well - the Dutch Royal Family's Christmas photos of the AAA's were taken in the summer as well. It looks as if the Belgian Royal Family did the same with the newest photos of King Philippe and Queen Mathilde's children.

Regarding photoshop, I can sort of understand where those observations come from, but all in all I think the photos are natural. It's interesting how Sofia is included in the family photos whereas as others have pointed out, Chris wasn't included in the 2012 photo. However, as Chris appears to be more of a private person and I've always gotten the impression that he's a little camera shy, perhaps he didn't want to be in the photo, but I still think it would've been nice if he could've been included.

the handling is totally inconsistent. here sofia is included in an official picture of the srf when she clearly is not a family member yet, chris, jonas and daniel were treated very differently for the worse, yet sofia is not allowed to follow dress code and wear a tiara.

Isn't that pic odd? Sofia looks like she was included last minute or even with photoshopped... She is very detached from the others...

Buhu. They are nice to Sofia. That's horrible! Or is it? I'm soooo tired of everyone trying to find something negative to say about her.

It's a family picture. The king decides who is included. He included Sofia. I like the picture. So. That's it.

I like that picture too but I find it odd nontheless... Too much photoshopped and Sofia looks like she was inserted afterwards! That's all

For the umpteenth time, there is a thread to discuss Sofia Hellqvist's past/positives/negatives/whatever. It can be found here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...nd-future-role-in-the-royal-family-37134.html.

The other threads in the Swedish forum are not to be bogged down with the repetitive discussions which have taken place in that thread over the past several months.

Further posts on the matter in this thread will be removed.

I like that picture too but I find it odd nontheless... Too much photoshopped and Sofia looks like she was inserted afterwards! That's all

Since we are doing a forensic analysis of the photograph ;) it is odd that there is actual daylight between Carl Philip and Victoria. Generally in a picture like that everyone pretty much touches up against one another physically. A small matter but curious. The plot thickens......:cool:

It's a lovely idea of a photo, but i agree it's too fotoshopped; the only one who looks natural is Estelle, all the others seem like they are painted on instead of photographed

Well, if it's really all that photoshopped, I think the King needs to have a talk with whoever did it. :flowers: Certainly did him no favors since we do know the King is capable of delivering warm-hearted smiles. ;)

Last edited:
Buhu. They are nice to Sofia. That's horrible! Or is it? I'm soooo tired of everyone trying to find something negative to say about her.

It's a family picture. The king decides who is included. He included Sofia. I like the picture. So. That's it.
I too am tired of the neverending dredging up of ancient phots of who know's who to illustrate an unacceptable acquaintence. Tales of her friend that graduated for Slitz to Playboy, but that was not Sofia so what is it's relevence?

she has been different since she's with carl.
Different to or from what?

Is it just me or is there a bit of a black hole between Miss Slitz and CP's Fiance? What was she doing or more importantly what wasn't she doing? Is there little to be found about her during that time becuase there's little of note to find it's way into the media, social media and onto the Internet?

Either way, during the time she has been with CP he seems much happier and she seems to be becomming more relaxed. They both seem very much in love and, I find that it is not my place to judge her. That is not to say that I haven't decided that against all my preconceived notions of what I thought was acceptable, but rather that I found that I have become a lot more forgiving and accepting.

Each time I see a photo of these two I see the future and not the past. I see a loving couple and there's just plain not enough of that going round.

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Prince+Carl+Philip+Nobel+Prize+Banquet+OFhvBAaGOnhl.jpg

I love the photo and the color of Sofia's dress and the queens

Reminder:
The year with the Royal Family in 2014- Tuesday, January 6th 20:00 in BBC1 and SVT Play-

Möt hela kungafamiljen på Solliden | SVT.se

Better to log off the Forum tomorrow so I don't have to read all hate against Sofia, that probably get some new energy after tomorrows show, when she is supposed to talk about her participation in the reality show and magazines.

But I look very much forward to see the show! :)

The Swedish Chamber of Commerce in France celebrates it's 100 years, the celebrations started yesterday. A press release tells about a big Jubilee Conference in Paris on 30th November. After the conference there is a gala dinner, where a "Prix d'Excellence" Company Award is delivered. The royal presence is planned.
http://ccsf.fr/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/pressmeddtwitter.png

From the Twitter of Beatrice Janzon, South Europe Correspondent Swedish Broadcasting
"New Swedish royal visit in Paris in Nov. when the Swedish Chamber of Commerce celebrates 100 years in France."
https://twitter.com/BeatriceJanzon/status/552396711298359297

Maybe the king chooses Victoria and Daniel to represent Sweden then.

The Swedish Chamber of Commerce in France celebrates it's 100 years, the celebrations started yesterday. A press release tells about a big Jubilee Conference in Paris on 30th November. After the conference there is a gala dinner, where a "Prix d'Excellence" Company Award is delivered. The royal presence is planned.
http://ccsf.fr/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/pressmeddtwitter.png

From the Twitter of Beatrice Janzon, South Europe Correspondent Swedish Broadcasting
"New Swedish royal visit in Paris in Nov. when the Swedish Chamber of Commerce celebrates 100 years in France."
https://twitter.com/BeatriceJanzon/status/552396711298359297

Maybe the king chooses Victoria and Daniel to represent Sweden then.

Well since the quote says 'new Royal' I doubt Victoria or Daniel will go since they've both visited France in an official capacity....keeping in my the new part I think that Carl philip and/or Sofia or maybe madeleine or Chris will go....and since it says Royal ie singular I suppose only one person will go

Well since the quote says 'new Royal' I doubt Victoria or Daniel will go since they've both visited France in an official capacity....keeping in my the new part I think that Carl philip and/or Sofia or maybe madeleine or Chris will go....and since it says Royal ie singular I suppose only one person will go

Of course it is a "new royal" visit even though the king and queen would go there, since they just were there. Victoria attended at the Swedish Chamber of Commerce in Netherlands' 50th anniversary in 2010.

Last edited:
Of course it is a "new royal" visit even though the king and queen would go there, since they just were there. Victoria attended at the Swedish Chamber of Commerce in Netherlands' 50th anniversary in 2010.

Oh I understood it new Royal to visit....sorry my bad

The king, queen and crown princess Victoria met today the Swedish aid workers who have returned from areas affected by Ebola in West Africa.
Kungaparet och Kronprinsessan i möte med hjälparbetare - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Gallery
APA-Picturedesk

Earlier today the king, queen, crown princess Victoria and prince Daniel met Cabinet Secretary Annika Söder and Ambassador Anna-Karin Eneström for information about Sweden's candidacy for the UN Security Council in 2017. No photos about that event yet.

Last edited:
The king, queen and crown princess Victoria met today the Swedish aid workers who have returned from areas affected by Ebola in West Africa.
Kungaparet och Kronprinsessan i möte med hjälparbetare - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Gallery
APA-Picturedesk

Earlier today the king, queen, crown princess Victoria and prince Daniel met Cabinet Secretary Annika Söder and Ambassador Anna-Karin Eneström for information about Sweden's candidacy for the UN Security Council in 2017. No photos about that event yet.

I thought Daniel was listed for the first event too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom