Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 7: May 2014 - Sept. 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Expressen's Johan T Lindwall met the king and Victoria at the end of their visit to the Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency.
Lindwall writes that the King and the Crown Princess have been very active lately and worked often side by side.
The King and Victoria were at the Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency as head of state and the heir to a few hours to get a review of the authority's very important activity in Sweden and abroad, everything from emergency preparedness to the civil defense. Lindwall asked from the king about the visit and the king had just explained how incredibly important the Agency's work is to the society when the Crown Princess was asked the same question, and she said quickly:
- I say just the same as my father!
The king stood beside and said:
- Oh, oh well ...
The Crown Princess therefore agrees with the previous speaker?
- Yes, short and concisely, Victoria laughed.
The King said (joking):
- For once!
Then he became serious and stressed how impressed he is by the Agency and their activities:
- There is a giant authority making an incredibly important work. They must always have a complete grasp of the situation in Sweden and abroad in order to anticipate and prevent. For something that one hopes will not come to happen. They have to all the time see the various scenarios and the worst that could happen. If it is forest fires, volcanic ash or whatever it is about. The unpredictable can happen and we must be prepared, said the king. His colleague Victoria nodded at her father's side.
Video
Kungens gliring mot dottern Victoria _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

Kungen och Kronprinsessan besökte MSB - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2015/09/Victoria.png

GALLERI_ Kronprinsesse Victoria viste sig i blå farver _ Billed Bladet

Last edited:
Today the king and Victoria attend at "Large Parks in Large Cities" conference at Naturhistoriska riksmuseet (Swedish Museum of Natural History). Representatives from 27 countries attend at the conference organized by WWF Sweden and Association for Ekoparken. The purpose of the conference is to highlight large parks in large cities and their governance, discuss ecosystem services of large parks in large cities and understand the role of large parks in large cities in relation to landscape.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CN4Vgf9WoAAty7o.jpg

About the conference
Large Parks in Large Cities _ Världsnaturfonden WWF

Gallery
Fotobanka CTK

Regnig morgon för två naturintresserade kungligheter _ Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Kronprinsessan Victoria valde blus i pistolmönster _ Allt om mode _ Expressen
http://gfx.bloggar.aftonbladet-cdn....rmavbild-2015-09-02-kl.-11.07.47-1024x682.png

Last edited:
Are they having some kind of enviromental father-daughter week?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I think one shouldn't be surprised by these joint engagements. After all, Victoria is the heir to throne, and she has been attending those engagements with the King.

I think one shouldn't be surprised by these joint engagements. After all, Victoria is the heir to throne, and she has been attending those engagements with the King.

Yes, and both the king and Victoria are very interested about new energy, climate, nature, environment and climate change. The king must feel good about that his daughter shares his interests in these serious issues.

Kungen och Kronprinsessan vid konferensen Large Parks in Large Cities - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

http://blogg.stoppapressarna.se/kungligkoll/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/09/4.04917185.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, and both the king and Victoria are very interested about new energy, climate, nature, environment and climate change. The king must feel good about that his daughter shares his interests in these serious issues.

Kungen och Kronprinsessan vid konferensen Large Parks in Large Cities - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

He should be proud of his daughter. She reprents Sweden so well, and she always carries a professional attitude and look interested in serious issues. It is good to see them collaborate!

Looks like Sofia didn't get the memo regarding the dresscode.

Sverigemiddag are not a strictly gown affair- this is the first time Victoria has worn a gown, she normally wears a cocktail dress so there is nothing wrong with what Sofia is wearing.

At the Sweden Dinners in 2013 and 2014 Victoria wore a short dress and queen Silvia a long dress - because the dress code at the invitation gives the ladies a choice to wear a long or a short dress. And because some of the guests are wearing a short dress, it is polite from the royal family that some of the royal ladies wears a short dress too.

Lovely pictures. They look refreshed after the summer break and ready to get down to work.

The king, queen, Victoria and Daniel have worked in quite many events already during these last two weeks.

Se gravidmagen alla pratar om _ Svensk Damtidning

An invitation to the dinner
https://instagram.com/p/7M7FAsTJJr/?taken-by=dammilundin

Last edited:
Victoria is looking great! Finally she can display her belly!

Both the Queen and the Crown Princess look amazing!

Sara Hector, an alpine ski racer, was one of the guests at the Sweden Dinner on 4th September. It was her 23th birthday. She tells about the dinner at her blog.

Last Friday, I turned 23 and celebrated the evening at the palace with the royal family. Nothing strange about that, me and the king are very close friends ... Or maybe not really. I was like a little kid on Christmas Eve or the first day on the snow of the year. Perhaps more just that I thought it was so cool that I had ended up there. So very cool. Hahah, I'm a bit of a nerd .. but you have to take that .. In any case, "Skier Sara" was invited to the palace.

Little mingling and then all the guests got to greet the royal family. My biggest shock was that Victoria and Daniel congratulated me for a very fine last season. They were all super nice. Then we went up to the White Sea, the room where Sofia and Carl-Philip had their wedding dinner this summer. Very beautifully decorated. Well at my table, located in the middle out of the room I found out the shock that the king sits at my table. Soooooo cool. Carl XVI Gustaf was very nice and very happy. The king told me that he always went skiing one week every year in February, so it was soon time to start training to cope with going with little effort! Recent years have been spent in Switzerland and I understand the choice out of country. The most beautiful land to ski in. The dinner began with a very fine speech from the king who gave us a few laughs and then the fantastic good food. The best I have tasted in my life almost I think. It ended with an thank you speech from a county governor of Uppsala, if I remember correctly. Then it was little mingling down in a hall with coffee. Then I got a chance to talk to Princess Sofia and Prince Daniel and other very nice and interesting people. A very exciting evening been summarized in that new meetings are always so interesting and very fun to experience.
Middag hos Kungen _ Sara Hector

Last edited:
According to the court calendar the king, queen, Victoria and Daniel met today Secretary general Elisabeth Dahlin and Chairman Inger Ashing from Rädda Barnen (Save the Children Sweden).

Migration and Integration is one of this year's focus issues for Sweden's Head of state. Thursday, September 24 the King and the Crown Princess visit therefore the Migration Agency, the County Administrative Board of Västra Götaland and Uddevalla municipality.

Program for the media
About 9:40 Arrival at Restad farm together with the Migration Agency's Director General Anders Danielsson and Governor Lars Bäckström and his wife. Photo opportunity.
9:45 The King and Crown Princess receive information on the activities of Restad farm and meet the representative of the local support group to talk about their work. (no photo opportunity)
10:25 The King and Crown Princess will take part in activities in ABF-house. Photo opportunity outdoors and photo pool from one place indoors. Opportunity for interviews with students.
About 10:45 The King and Crown Princess visit a Syrian family who has recently got a residence permit. Opportunities to interview the family about 12:30.
About 11.30 The King and Crown Princess arrive at Kumlienskolan. Photo pool. Opportunities to interviews with children and staff.
12:30 The King and Crown Princess travel to Uddevalla.
13:00 to 14:15 Lunch (no photo opportunity)
14.30 The King and Crown Princess arrive at Karolinen, Uddevalla adult education. Photo opportunity outdoors. Opportunity for interviews with students.
About 16:30 The King and Crown Princess arrive to Svärdet, for a visit with students who learn Swedish. Photo pool. Possibility of interviews with teachers and students.
17:30 The visit ends.
Kungen och Kronprinsessan besöker Migrationsverket i Vänersborg och Uddevalla kommun - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Migration and Integration is one of this year's focus issues for Sweden's Head of state. Thursday, September 24 the King and the Crown Princess visit therefore the Migration Agency, the County Administrative Board of Västra Götaland and Uddevalla municipality.

Program for the media

About 9:40 Arrival at Restad farm together with the Migration Agency's Director General Anders Danielsson and Governor Lars Bäckström and his wife. Photo opportunity.

9:45 The King and Crown Princess receive information on the activities of Restad farm and meet the representative of the local support group to talk about their work. (no photo opportunity)

10:25 The King and Crown Princess will take part in activities in ABF-house. Photo opportunity outdoors and photo pool from one place indoors. Opportunity for interviews with students.

About 10:45 The King and Crown Princess visit a Syrian family who has recently got a residence permit. Opportunities to interview the family about 12:30.

About 11.30 The King and Crown Princess arrive at Kumlienskolan. Photo pool. Opportunities to interviews with children and staff.

12:30 The King and Crown Princess travel to Uddevalla.

13:00 to 14:15 Lunch (no photo opportunity)

14.30 The King and Crown Princess arrive at Karolinen, Uddevalla adult education. Photo opportunity outdoors. Opportunity for interviews with students.

About 16:30 The King and Crown Princess arrive to Svärdet, for a visit with students who learn Swedish. Photo pool. Possibility of interviews with teachers and students.

17:30 The visit ends.

Kungen och Kronprinsessan besöker Migrationsverket i Vänersborg och Uddevalla kommun - Sveriges Kungahus

Translation

I never thought about it before but when you say "focus issues" it sounds to me as if you imply that the Court decides on the forehand what themes they want to focus on each year?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
Princess Sofia looks very nice. Hope we get a better photo as her outfit is interesting. Looks like brown shoes from this photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom