The king inaugurates right now the exhibition 'In Course of Time – 400 years of royal clocks'.
The exhibition features more than 50 royal clocks – some of which are on show for the first time – dating from the 16th century to the present day. The exhibition is being arranged to mark The King's 70th birthday on 30 April 2016, and will be on show until 8 May.
The king with queen Silvia and Victoria at the exhibition
Information about the exhibition
In Course of Time - Sveriges Kungahus
Galleries from today
ROYAL: Victoria, Carl Gustaf und Silvia eröffnen die Ausstellung "Im Laufe der Zeit - 400 Jahre königliche Uhren"
Urflitiga kronprinsessan på klockutställning _ Svensk Damtidning
Video and photos from Expressen, princess Christina was also there.
The king takes his motto "For Sweden - With the times" seriously. He has obtained the latest smart watch with all functions and reveals: I have a watch for every day!
The King and Queen together with Crown Princess Victoria inaugurated today the new exhibition at the Royal Palace: 'In Course of Time – 400 years of royal clocks'.
The king told that the oldest clock among clocks which are now exhibited is more than 420 years old.
- At the Palace we have over 100 clocks and a person who once a week walks around and pulls up all the clocks. And it takes time, joked the King.
- There are amazing many fine clocks. Especially one I got from my parents when I was little. That I remember very well. Nowadays I don't use it for normal use.
The King is so interested in time that he has acquired a so-called smart watch:
- Yes I have. A fantastic watch. I'd actually had me it on this today, but did not find it this morning.
The queen proudly showed off her watch:
- Do you know what is so special with my watch?
That it has two dials for two world times!
- Yes, two times!
When Princess Madeleine lived in the USA had Queen Silvia Eastern Time set at minus 6 hours. Now the question is what is the new time? London?
The queen laughs and says quickly:
- We will not tell that! But it is very handy when flying and traveling. Ona can set all times.
So the most important question to the king: What is most important with a clock? What he said? Guess...
- That it has the right time of course! emphasizes the King.
Kungens urval_ En smartklocka _ Nyheter _ Expressen
The queen had also said that there is one clock at the exhibition the king had bought her, and said that the press could guess what it is.