The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-08-2015, 09:08 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't understand swedish, so sorry if I' ll ask you this, but is the black and white photo from the today meeting too? Or is it older? I would look at the calendar in english, but it has not been updated and translated yet.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:21 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I don't understand swedish, so sorry if I' ll ask you this, but is the black and white photo from the today meeting too? Or is it older? I would look at the calendar in english, but it has not been updated and translated yet.
From what I can tell, both pictures are from the same occation.

Old 12-17-2015, 11:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria, Daniel and Carl Philip visited this afternoon the Centre of the Business History. First this visit was only at Daniel's calendar, then Carl Philip was added to attend a couple of weeks ago and this morning the court updated that Victoria would attend too.
Archivist Gustav Svensson takes the opportunity to show a little royal design. In the late 1960s wanted marabousverige renew its brand. Old company logo, as well as the mascot Maraboustorken, was changed to a new, pure logo created by the English advertising AID in cooperation with Sigvard Bernadotte.
Photo from Centre's Facebook.
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...f9&oe=571EB4D4
Old 12-17-2015, 04:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Yesterday, on the calendar, it was shceduled a service for chrismas if I am not mistaken, and all the members of the royal family (aside from Chris) were listed. Does anybody know what happened? The site also seems pretty slow to charge photo of today's engagements.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Yesterday, on the calendar, it was shceduled a service for chrismas if I am not mistaken, and all the members of the royal family (aside from Chris) were listed. Does anybody know what happened? The site also seems pretty slow to charge photo of today's engagements.
The court never publishes photos from this Christmas Church Service, it is seen as private. So photos from that would be a big surprise. The royal family and the staff of the court attended to that. Hopefully the court updates today's events to their website tomorrow.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The court never publishes photos from this Christmas Church Service, it is seen as private. So photos from that would be a big surprise. The royal family and the staff of the court attended to that. Hopefully the court updates today's events to their website tomorrow.
Thank you. I'm waiting for today's pics too ;-)
Old 12-20-2015, 11:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

The royal family attends this evening at 17.00 at the formal gathering of the Swedish Academy at Börshuset (The Stock Exchange). Expressen has already a live-TV waiting for the royal family to arrive.
LIVE-TV: Svenska akademiens sammankomst | Live | Expressen.tv

Kungafamiljen samlad vid Svenska Akademiens högtidssammankomst _ Svensk Damtidning
Translation

ROYAL: Die schwedischen Royals nehmen an den Feierlichkeiten der Schwedischen Akademie teil
Old 12-20-2015, 11:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Wow, thank you Ladyfinn! I wonder if svt will broadcast the event online. I think not though
Old 12-20-2015, 11:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Wow, thank you Ladyfinn! I wonder if svt will broadcast the event online. I think not though
No, the gathering is not broadcasted live, it wasn't broadcasted last year either. But hopefully the Academy puts a short video to Youtube later, like they did last year.
Old 12-20-2015, 11:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
No, the gathering is not broadcasted live, it wasn't broadcasted last year either. But hopefully the Academy puts a short video to Youtube later, like they did last year.
Are there any problems goin on right now regarding the security? Can't speak swedish, but I thought I caught some works on the live feed speaking about the SAPO and terrorism...
Old 12-20-2015, 12:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Are there any problems goin on right now regarding the security? Can't speak swedish, but I thought I caught some works on the live feed speaking about the SAPO and terrorism...
Yes, the reporter said that the white Mercedes was a problem, the street should have been empty because of the security reasons. There were police and SÄPO at the place of course. But the car was there and the family arrived. Margareta Thorgren said to Lindwall that the royal family would arrive at about 16.45 and they arrived at 16.57.
Old 12-20-2015, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Yes, the reporter said that the white Mercedes was a problem, the street should have been empty because of the security reasons. There were police and SÄPO at the place of course. But the car was there and the family arrived. Margareta Thorgren said to Lindwall that the royal family would arrive at about 17.45 and they arrived at 17.57.

I missed the arrival: I was only able to see the king and queen arriving. Now they are re-running the feed... hopefully I will be able to see the arrival of the whole family!
Old 12-20-2015, 12:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I missed the arrival: I was only able to see the king and queen arriving. Now they are re-running the feed... hopefully I will be able to see the arrival of the whole family!
The king and queen arrived first, then Victoria and Daniel, and obviously Carl Philip, Sofia, Madeleine and Chris came together at one car. Expressen's video wasn't very good quality.
Photo from Börshuset just before the royal family arrived.
https://www.instagram.com/p/_hPn7vHH...-by=de_aderton
Old 12-20-2015, 01:16 PM
Courtier

IBL has a gallery up
IBL Bildbyrå - Redaktionella arkivet - Samtliga arkiv
Old 12-20-2015, 04:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Am I right and does Princess Sofia wear a dress that one of her sisters-in-law have worn in the past time?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 12-20-2015, 04:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Am I right and does Princess Sofia wear a dress that one of her sisters-in-law have worn in the past time?

yes Madeleine last year,
Old 12-20-2015, 04:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by quest View Post
yes Madeleine last year,

No, it is very similar but not the same: this one has long transparent sleaves, Madeleine's didn't.

But...

where is the portrait of the king on Sofia? Can't see it in pinned on her dress nor on the fur jacket...
Old 12-20-2015, 04:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
No, it is very similar but not the same: this one has long transparent sleaves, Madeleine's didn't.

But...

where is the portrait of the king on Sofia? Can't see it in pinned on her dress nor on the fur jacket...

If she is the same, Madeleine with the light of the flashes was also transparent,
Old 12-20-2015, 04:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Quote:
yes Madeleine last year,
Quote:

But...

Quote:
If she is the same, Madeleine with the light of the flashes was also transparent,
I think they're different because Madeleine's seemed to have a design under the bust, while I'm not seeing the same design on Sofia's.
Old 12-20-2015, 04:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Madeleine's dress didn't have long sleaves.Plus, it's different on the bust area...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...ea7edea3fa.jpg

Sofia's dress has them on...

http://i.imgur.com/3WZkgO9.png?1

Tags
current events, sweden, swedish royal family