The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-11-2015, 03:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Aren't the yellow flowers mimosas? Mimosas are usually the flower symbol of women...

Old 02-11-2015, 03:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria, Daniel and Madeleine
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0500010100...36831791839905

The king and queen
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010070...36830971836218
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0400010020...36831451837914

Carl Philip and Sofia
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0600010020...36832251833891
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0800010020...36840981833696

Victoria, Daniel and Madeleine are a nice trio, the ladies dresses look good together.

Ingvar Kamprad was invited to the dinner.
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010050...36855871835100

Old 02-11-2015, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I dislike each dress the ladies are wearing... and the tiara on Madeleine looks like it was photoshopped on her head
Old 02-11-2015, 04:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

From the court website
Representationsmiddag på Kungliga slottet - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

The guest list
http://www.kungahuset.se/download/18...+repmiddag.pdf

More photos, also of princess Christina.
IBL Bildbyrå
Old 02-11-2015, 04:36 PM
Nobility

I dislike the way Madeleine's tiara is placed, looks a little odd to me.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

This Madeleine's tiara reminds me of Greek mythic goddesses

Why is Chris absent?
Old 02-11-2015, 04:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
This Madeleine's tiara reminds me of Greek mythic goddesses

Why is Chris absent?
Maybe he is on a work trip. I think that Margareta Thogren has to comment it tomorrow for the newspapers.

Photos from Expressen
http://www.expressen.se/mode/sofia-v...kungamiddagen/

Middag på slottet och Chris favvomusik! Hovbloggen
Old 02-11-2015, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Nice to see Princess Christina and her husband Tord Magnuson!
Old 02-12-2015, 12:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
What are we seeing in photograph #14 ? Sofia's hand extended, but no hand offered in return, hands in fact firmly folded with person's head averted (looks like, maybe not), another looking straight ahead.....an odd moment. A strange photo to choose for the slide show, I think. JMO.

Sofia var bäst klädd på kungamiddagen | Mode | Expressen
Old 02-12-2015, 11:02 AM
Nobility

When I see the trio Vic, Dan & Madie I get the feeling that they pay at least some attention to comments on blogs, and particularly the Swedish royal gossip magazine SDT, where comments on Daniel are often still quite negative!! Recent examples : Dan laughs too often with Madie, Vic looked sad at recent skating championshin, their relationship is colapsing.... very very mean!!! So here they gave me the impression to try to correct that, Vic being very smiling, at least on some pictures.
Our RFs must be paradise for them.!!

Or, they have an opinion poll on their preferred articles, to chose from a list that includes foreign royals, but not Daniel!! This is simply insulting in my view.

Quote:
Maybe he (Chris) is on a work trip. I think that M. Thogren has to comment it tomorrow for the newspapers.
His absence was planned according to calender, and I think this might happen regularly, people will have to get used to that, without comments...
Old 02-12-2015, 11:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Maybe Princess Leonore is sick and Christopher has decided to stay with Princess Leonore.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Maybe Princess Leonore is sick and Christopher has decided to stay with Princess Leonore.
Hardly, because Chris's name was never at the calendar to attend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2 View Post
When I see the trio Vic, Dan & Madie I get the feeling that they pay at least some attention to comments on blogs, and particularly the Swedish royal gossip magazine SDT, where comments on Daniel are often still quite negative!! Recent examples : Dan laughs too often with Madie, Vic looked sad at recent skating championshin, their relationship is colapsing.... very very mean!!! So here they gave me the impression to try to correct that, Vic being very smiling, at least on some pictures.
Our RFs must be paradise for them.!!

Or, they have an opinion poll on their preferred articles, to chose from a list that includes foreign royals, but not Daniel!! This is simply insulting in my view.
There are people among those who write at Svensk Damtidning's comments, who don't like Daniel, especially a couple of writers. They have the whole five years claimed that soon Victoria and Daniel are getting a divorce. And the whole time people can see that they are as happy as at the beginning of their marriage or ten years ago. I don't think that Victoria and Daniel care at all about what people are writing. They are too busy for that. Svensk Damtidning adores Sofia and Carl Philip, and they write always less about Daniel and his work events although he works a lot more than Carl Philip. Svensk Damtidning has had a decision that they don't publish negative comments about Sofia, but that was only for Sofia, not the members of the royal family.

But it was nice that Victoria and Daniel took Madeleine with them to the dinner. And it is great that Madeleine and Daniel are getting along so well. It seems that Madeleine is spending a lot of time with Victoria's family, since she seemed to have such a good relationship with Daniel's parents.

Kuninkaalliskuvat Ruotsin kuninkaalliset sonnustautuneena päivällisille Lehtikuva lehtikuva.fi

One of yesterday's guests, floor ball player Kim Nilsson told about the evening to Innebandymagazinet.
He tells that it awesome to meet the king. He had wondered what it would be. It was as he expected: nice clothes everywhere, good and fine food, long tables and lot of people. When they had arrived, they were taken into a room to mingle a little, then to another room where they got a little aperitif, some kind of champagne. Then came the king in with the whole family and shook hands with all the guests. And then they went to the dinner. Nilsson says that he couldn't talk to the king, just introduce himself and shake hands. But Prince Daniel said: "Here we have the floor ball player"!
Kim Nilsson om kungamötet Prins Daniel sa... - inloggad - Innebandymagazinet.se
Old 02-13-2015, 12:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
There are people among those who write at Svensk Damtidning's comments, who don't like Daniel, especially a couple of writers. They have the whole five years claimed that soon Victoria and Daniel are getting a divorce. And the whole time people can see that they are as happy as at the beginning of their marriage or ten years ago. I don't think that Victoria and Daniel care at all about what people are writing. They are too busy for that. Svensk Damtidning adores Sofia and Carl Philip, and they write always less about Daniel and his work events although he works a lot more than Carl Philip. Svensk Damtidning has had a decision that they don't publish negative comments about Sofia, but that was only for Sofia, not the members of the royal family.
It is so strange. IMO. I wonder what's really up.
Old 02-14-2015, 05:32 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The menu for the dinner in Stockholm:

- Cooked lobster in butter with a haddock fillet with vinaigrette
- Perch fillet with black truffles of perigord and and brussels sprouts
- Roast deer with stewed puy lentils and foie gras and artichoke
- Lemon Mousse, raspberry sorbet or liquorice

Source: Menu du dîner de gala au palais royal de Stockholm

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-14-2015, 05:48 PM
Courtier

The attitude of Svensk Damtidning is very puzzling to me. I see Daniel as a hard working committed member of the Swedish Royal Family. I see him as having a much more positive effect than Sofia. I have liked him from the beginning and that liking and respect grows each year.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Although the royal family is criticized, they also get positive letters every week. The information officer Ulrika Näsholm tells, that the royal family gets about 100 letters every week, most of them are addressed to the king and crown princess Victoria.
The children write that they love the royal family. People ask all kinds of things, what are the favourite dishes or favourite colours of the royal family. Some people ask to meet the royal family, some want to take a photo with them.
A court clerk takes care of the letters that come from the public, responds to letters if possible and files them. There is no secret room for the letters, they are just archived, tells Ulrika Näsholm.
Efter kritiken Nu kärlekbombas kungahuset Stadsliv Allt om Stockholm
Old 02-16-2015, 06:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

There will be always bad comments on the tabloïds or on magazines because there are always persons who are unhappy not well or jalious and who don't like to see persons happy not like them. They will always critic the royals even if they are perfect. Daniel is doing a good job, he is very activ and he is a good father and a good husband for Victoria.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

The king, queen and Victoria had lunch with the Minister for Home Affairs, Anders Ygeman.
Kungaparet gav lunch för inrikesminister Anders Ygeman - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Later today the king and Victoria attended at the Advisory Council on Foreign Affairs.
Utrikesnämnd på Kungliga slottet - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

The king and Victoria met today also the Director-General for Political Affairs, Torbjörn Sohlström.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:01 AM
Nobility

I bet the Queen is nervous to see lobster on the menu!

Tags
current events, sweden, swedish royal family