The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 07-21-2016, 06:24 PM
Bamboleio's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 126
Madeleine is very beautiful,but I've noticed that she started to look older than her age(she's only 34) recently.
Chris looked upset.I think he is a quite shy person,who doesn't like to be a part of the Royal Family's public life
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-22-2016, 01:43 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
In one of the photos, Carl Philip is also there
http://w.cdn-expressen.se/images/f1/...6x9/680@80.jpg
Expressen updated their article and changed it totally after some hours from when it was first published and added a photo of Carl Philip.

Gallery from IBL. Madeleine's friend Charlotte Kreuger Cederlund was also with them. The king and queen went to meet the performers after the concert. Obviously Carl Philip came later to the concert, because he isn't at these photos which are now at the gallery.
IBL Bildbyrå
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-22-2016, 02:50 AM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 6,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboleio View Post
Madeleine is very beautiful,but I've noticed that she started to look older than her age(she's only 34) recently.
Chris looked upset.I think he is a quite shy person,who doesn't like to be a part of the Royal Family's public life
I think Chris just looked like a man at the end of his tether. Leonore has not changed since the baptism where she treated everyone to a knicker show. It's just a kid being a kid however, she is obviously in need of a strong hand. The apparent discord between Chris and Madeleine seems to indicate that she is more inclined to let it go, which is cute when they are 2, not so much when they are 4 and the last straw when they are 7!

However, IMO a lot of the 'grumpy' looks are more about being sun sensitive and sitting/standing around facing right into the sun waiting for what seems like forever for it to be over and they can grab the sunnies!

http://z.cdn-expressen.se/images/87/...1x1/680@80.jpg

http://w.cdn-expressen.se/images/b0/...1x1/680@80.jpg

http://x.cdn-expressen.se/images/ef/...1x1/680@80.jpg

http://z.cdn-expressen.se/images/c2/...1x1/680@80.jpg

http://x.cdn-expressen.se/images/eb/...1x1/680@80.jpg

http://w.cdn-expressen.se/images/7b/...1x1/680@80.jpg

http://blogozine.net/kungligt/wp-con...ot_5783273.jpg
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-22-2016, 04:05 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-Anne View Post
I really do wish The King would have looked more happier. Once again that grumpy face. I also did not notice interaction between him & the grandkids and quite frankly the grandkids didn't bustly around him (Estelle looked quite miserable that she had to sit next to him and she could not join Leonore and run around).
Exactly what I saw. Difficult to watch, but the cameras did veer away from the little drama. That was a sensitive thing to do. That behavior from Estelle wasn't there before. She is becoming a personality with her 'moments'. Lenore seems to be 'one long moment'. Very much her mother when she was young.

BTW I thought Sofia looked particularly nice and so pleased with her little one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I think Chris just looked like a man at the end of his tether.
http://w.cdn-expressen.se/images/7b/...1x1/680@80.jpg
It's quite a picture. So much is going on we'll never know.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-22-2016, 04:55 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,647
Well, I think there is no love lost between Chris and royal life but he has to play the game to some extent, plus he's a guy who obiously works a lot and has an unhealthly lifestyle (smoking etc) I am not a doctor but he looks overweight and unfit, red face with high blood pressure.

Yes Leonore is a hand full and needs strong guidance, I guess they have staff etc who have a firm grip in everyday life but on these occasions everything is different. I think, like with many new parents who are not that young anymore (Chris) there will be lots of parenting discussions and I don't think Chris (or Madde) is doing the everyday dirty work with the kids, they have staff to help that is not present now. Chris is not an actor and his annoyance shows clearly but Madde is always about the perfect family image so she will smile no matter what.

I think too that Estelle was bored and there is nothing new about no interaction between CG and his grandkids, he's very much like Juan Carlos of Spain in that respect, only that the SRF is much more based on the sugary photoshoots that their spanish counterparts.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-22-2016, 08:26 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 5,834
I just think that Chris was annoyed at how everyone was trying to convince Leonore to stay put. I mean, in the video you clearly hear him say to Daniel "she won't come, just ignore her"... I think he knew that maybe Leo would come if she didn't get too much attention, but Madde promply went for the rescue.
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-22-2016, 08:27 AM
Bamboleio's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Well, I think there is no love lost between Chris and royal life but he has to play the game to some extent, plus he's a guy who obiously works a lot and has an unhealthly lifestyle (smoking etc) I am not a doctor but he looks overweight and unfit, red face with high blood pressure.

Yes Leonore is a hand full and needs strong guidance, I guess they have staff etc who have a firm grip in everyday life but on these occasions everything is different. I think, like with many new parents who are not that young anymore (Chris) there will be lots of parenting discussions and I don't think Chris (or Madde) is doing the everyday dirty work with the kids, they have staff to help that is not present now. Chris is not an actor and his annoyance shows clearly but Madde is always about the perfect family image so she will smile no matter what.

I think too that Estelle was bored and there is nothing new about no interaction between CG and his grandkids, he's very much like Juan Carlos of Spain in that respect, only that the SRF is much more based on the sugary photoshoots that their spanish counterparts.
Hmmm
I think you're right about Chris.I didn't think about it when I saw the photos
It's hard to look happy,when you have health problems
Madde was also a little bit angry,in my opinion,but she tried to hide it(and so did the Queen)
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-22-2016, 08:49 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I just think that Chris was annoyed at how everyone was trying to convince Leonore to stay put. I mean, in the video you clearly hear him say to Daniel "she won't come, just ignore her"... I think he knew that maybe Leo would come if she didn't get too much attention, but Madde promply went for the rescue.
I don't care about parenting skills behind closed doors but at an official photoshoot you can't say 'she won't come, just ignore her'.
Leonore is the grandchild of the Swedish King, and an adult needs to make her walk the line at that moment (what happened indeed) because it's about the photoshoot and not about a 2 year old stubborn girl.

I thought Chris' comment was out of place. Leonore is not Estelle (neither in age nor in position) but she needs to be put in her place when necessary. She has a million other opportunities to run around and disregard her parent's requests, but not on this occasion.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 07-22-2016, 08:56 AM
Sarahbellar's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 947
Regards to CG:
He has always been very rigid when cameras around, many interviewers have noted that as soon as the camera comes out for a photo at the end of an interview he becomes very rigid and almost like a different person. He is (in a way) camera shy. He can be completely calm and at ease when there are no cameras around but as soon as he knows he is being photographed his movements become very rigid. I think this is because of the publicity he was under as a child. After his Father died when he was less than a year old, he was the constant headlines and news of the Royal Family. Everyone wanted to know what he was doing, what he looked like, and such because it was really just him and Den Gamle Kungen- sure there were the 4 sisters but they were older and the times were male dominated. Also- the culture he was raised in the parents really did not have a connection with their children. Birgitta has commented on this and so have others- Sibylla was not a hands on parent so CG did not have really any example of how it should be. I believe that most of his behavior and appearance is due to his upbringing. He had no hand in the upbringing and example he had to follow as a parent or grandparent.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-22-2016, 08:58 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 5,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I don't care about parenting skills behind closed doors but at an official photoshoot you can't say 'she won't come, just ignore her'.
Leonore is the grandchild of the Swedish King, and an adult needs to make her walk the line at that moment (what happened indeed) because it's about the photoshoot and not about a 2 year old stubborn girl.

I thought Chris' comment was out of place. Leonore is not Estelle (neither in age nor in position) but she needs to be put in her place when necessary. She has a million other opportunities to run around and disregard her parent's requests, but not on this occasion.

I have to say that I was a bit taken aback by Chris's comment. But what could they do? I think they had better let her go, because it was not so good to see the whole family standing like that waiting for the little girl to return, especially if two members of the family are so youn (Oscar and Alexander).

About the bolded part: I don't want to know the pareting in private either, but if she won't listen in public, I'm sure shedoesn't even in private. Surely the parents should find a way to make her stay still fo when it is needed. And by that, I don't mean that a two-year-old active girl must sit stills and don't move, but that she has to learn to stay in mammy's arms for few minutes when told so.
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 07-22-2016, 09:17 AM
sm1939's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,319
does any one have the video of the family for this photo shoot ?
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 07-22-2016, 09:25 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I have to say that I was a bit taken aback by Chris's comment. But what could they do? I think they had better let her go, because it was not so good to see the whole family standing like that waiting for the little girl to return, especially if two members of the family are so youn (Oscar and Alexander).
During a photoshoot? You can't do the shoot with Leonore missing and if she's too small to listen it's her parents' job to make her stay until the procedure is over. She can run whenever she wants but not at this moment and I find Chris' comment out of place. It's not tea time at Joe Average's parents, its the photo shoot of the Swedish Kings and it's wrong to comment with the press listening that a 2 year old is to stubborn to follow directions. Get moving and bring her back!! and don't let your wife or BIL do the job.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07-22-2016, 09:29 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 5,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
During a photoshoot? You can't do the shoot with Leonore missing and if she's too small to listen it's her parents' job to make her stay until the procedure is over. She can run whenever she wants but not at this moment and I find Chris' comment out of place. It's not tea time at Joe Average's parents, its the photo shoot of the Swedish Kings and it's wrong to comment with the press listening that a 2 year old is to stubborn to follow directions. Get moving and bring her back!! and don't let your wife or BIL do the job.

I agree with you! But if Leonore has never follow the directions of her parents before, I doubt it very much that she would have done in at the photoshoot for once. And her parents couldn't really keep her with the force... we have seen before ho she runs wild: during the chistenings of her brother and Oscar.
Chrises comment was out of place, but I think he commented out of a spur of frustration.
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07-22-2016, 10:01 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: taroudant, Morocco
Posts: 8
Queen Silvia, Madeleine, Sofia at a concert in Borgholm

Queen Silvia, Madeleine, Sofia at a concert in Borgholm

src : the royal family
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 07-22-2016, 10:15 AM
princess gertrude's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Columbia, United States
Posts: 2,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I don't care about parenting skills behind closed doors but at an official photoshoot you can't say 'she won't come, just ignore her'.
Leonore is the grandchild of the Swedish King, and an adult needs to make her walk the line at that moment (what happened indeed) because it's about the photoshoot and not about a 2 year old stubborn girl.

I thought Chris' comment was out of place. Leonore is not Estelle (neither in age nor in position) but she needs to be put in her place when necessary. She has a million other opportunities to run around and disregard her parent's requests, but not on this occasion.
I have to completely agree with you on this one. I'm glad Madeleine finally went after Leonore, although, be it a little bit delayed. Chris should have gone after her, not CP or Daniel. I have a feeling that Daniel and CP (especially Daniel) are a little more rigid in their parenting styles, which is not a bad thing considering occasions like this that come around.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 07-22-2016, 10:36 AM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,114
I wonder if Leonore listens to her nanny/caretaker more than her parents and if so, is it because the nanny/caretaker is around more. Many children, especially Leonore's age, need a lot of consistency and if discipline comes from the nanny on daily have basis, but rarely from the parents, it's only understandable that she would completely disregard anything the said parents may say. The best solution would have been to have a chat with Leonore the day before the photo shoot on a level that she would have understood and maybe even set up a little reward for good behavior. Then, in the morning, before going outside, have a shorter discussion to remind her of what is expected of her and what she will get for 'doing good listening and making good choices'. Just a thought from a teacher that deals with kids and their antics on daily basis.


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 07-22-2016, 01:41 PM
Rebafan81's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Marshallville, United States
Posts: 1,103
I don't mean any disrespect to anyone here so please don't take this the wrong way, but I find the comments about Leonore and the lack of discipline surprising. She is a two year old little girl, who will not grow up for the most part in the spot light like Estelle, she will be afforded a "normal" life because her primary residence will not be, from everything I have read, Sweden.
But besides that, she's two, yes she seems headstrong but I know a lot of two year old who display the same characteristics, she will grow out of it and mature as she ages, I loved her spunk. The world is hard enough as it is , let them be children for as long as they can.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 07-22-2016, 02:20 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81 View Post
I don't mean any disrespect to anyone here so please don't take this the wrong way, but I find the comments about Leonore and the lack of discipline surprising. She is a two year old little girl, who will not grow up for the most part in the spot light like Estelle, she will be afforded a "normal" life because her primary residence will not be, from everything I have read, Sweden.
But besides that, she's two, yes she seems headstrong but I know a lot of two year old who display the same characteristics, she will grow out of it and mature as she ages, I loved her spunk. The world is hard enough as it is , let them be children for as long as they can.
It's not about Leonore or her behaviour but about her parents (especially her father's) reaction to it.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 07-22-2016, 04:24 PM
KitKat2006's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
It's not about Leonore or her behaviour but about her parents (especially her father's) reaction to it.
What's wrong with that reaction? I have a headstrong 3-year-old boy myself and would have reacted the same as Chris did. If my son doesn't want to do anything right this moment, then yes, I could force him to do so. But the result would be, that he wouldn't be very happy. And a family photo with a mad or grumpy looking (at best) or a kicking and screaming (at worst) kid wouldn't make for a good family photo. I as mother know my son best (beside the father) and if I say "Just let him. He won't come." then it should be respected by my relatives. Because it doesn't mean, he will never come, just not this very moment. I know my son and if I just let him be for a few more minutes and then ask him again calmly to just come over so we can take a nice photo of all of us, he would do so. But he wouldn't, if everyone would ask him or trays to talk him into doing so. He just would be more and more opposed to it. I think, that's just what was going on in Chris' head. Besides Madeleine he knows his daughter best. And if he thinks his daughter just needs a few more minutes to calm down, blow of energy or getting herself interested in the idea of taking a nice photo, then honestly, what are a few more minutes? The world won't fall apart. After all, we're talking about a 2-year-old, not a 5-year-old. The last one could be expected of to be ready for the shoot at the planned time. But not the first one, who is right in the middle of the very egoistic time of growing up. She simply doesn't know that it's bad behaviour, she is showing right that moment. She doesn't want to do any harm. She just simply doesn't feel like standig/sitting put and smiling nicely for complete strangers. It's as simple as that. And it has nothing to do with bad parenting skills. To be honest, I think Chris knows exactly what his daughter can understand and what is just to much to understand for a girl her age. And that's why he understandably (at least by me) reacted the way he did.
__________________
Prejudice is opinion without judgement.
- Voltaire (1694 - 1778) -

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 07-22-2016, 04:34 PM
moby's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 828
I think the whole situation could have been avoided if they didn't decide to let her sit with her grandma though. Don't they know by now if they let her off their arms she will take off like a rocket? lol
__________________

__________________
It seems to me that origination is perhaps instinct, not intellect. -Joe Strummer

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
crown princess victoria, king carl gustaf, prince daniel, queen silvia, swedish royal family summer portraits, swedish royal family summer portraits 2016


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spanish Royal Family Summer Holidays 2015/2016 An Ard Ri Royal Family of Spain 270 09-09-2016 06:42 PM
Frederik, Mary and Family on Summer Holidays: 2005-2008, 2012-2016 Princess Maxima Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family 554 08-09-2016 08:24 PM
Prince Joachim and Family Summer Holidays: 2012-2016 dazzling Prince Joachim, Princess Marie and Family 44 07-22-2016 12:28 PM
Summer Holidays of the Swedish Royals Yennie Royal House of Sweden 60 08-08-2007 08:55 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style countess of wessex's style coup d'etat crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion current events danish royal family death december duchess of cambridge duchess of cornwall's fashion dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince charles prince louis princess eugenie eveningwear princess madeleine fashion princess marie princess mary princess mary fashion princess stéphanie's fashion & style princess victoria celebrates her 39th birthday queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit queen rania daytime fashion queen rania fashion royal fashion royalties september 2016 sheikh mozah state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats visit to canada


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:57 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises