The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-20-2016, 12:34 PM
Serene Highness

What amazing pictures, what a fabulous present!!! Maddie's kiddos are so beautiful, I love the spunk of little Leo, she is a hoot, love her but papa didn't look very thrilled with her. What I love the most is watching all the momma's soothing their babies, Victoria comforting little Oscar, made my heart melt. Looks like he might be teething, Alexander is a cute little chunk of a baby, I think he looks like his mom. Beautiful Beautiful children. Thank you , Thank you, Thank you!!!!

Old 07-20-2016, 12:51 PM
Heir Apparent

what a nice summer photo session. In a few short years the family has grown alot and already 5 grandkids. Its nice that they are able to get together while the kids are young, things might change, but they look like they enjoy their get together. Although Chris looks a bit tense

Leonore running all over the place LOL.
and Nikolas grabbing Sofia's hair

Old 07-20-2016, 02:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Kungafamiljens unika sommarbilder _ Stoppa Pressarna
Se nya bilderna på HELA kungafamiljen – med alla småprinsar och prinsessor _ ELLE
Old 07-20-2016, 03:25 PM
Serene Highness

I wish I had a baby's head to kiss! Love seeing the parents dote on their little ones.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-20-2016, 03:50 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Chris seemed exhausted. He has a full time and demanding job of course. The children weren't exactly cooperating either. Two year-olds are such a hand full! With x photo camera's there it is difficult to correct the child too I suppose.

When the boys are one or two years older perhaps they can run around and play a bit perhaps, it gives more interesting photos and will be a bit easier for the parents.
Old 07-20-2016, 03:52 PM
Aristocracy

Looked to me like Madde and Chris are having some parenting debates on Leonore. In the Expressen video I thought I heard Chris say to Madde "she's like that, just ignore her".
I do have to admit, some disciplining of this cutie would maybe be needed from time to time.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 07-20-2016, 07:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Photo from court Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Kungahuset/...type=3&theater

Expressen's video at their Youtube channel
Cute beyond words.... how heartwarming all these wonderful children !
Old 07-20-2016, 07:35 PM
Commoner

Oscar and Alex are so cute <3
Old 07-20-2016, 07:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Whew! A handful. Estelle looks to be getting a bit moody. Growing. Second time I've noticed it.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:07 PM
Courtier

Seeing a Princess run after her own daughter and a husband who looks helpless in the middle of it all is all kinds of funny, awkward, and endearing.

Old 07-20-2016, 09:16 PM
Courtier

I agree Chris seemed a little tense. I think at one point in the video Daniel asks Chris if he should go get Leonore and Chris says, "she won't come, just ignore her." Dealing with stubborn two year olds can certainly wear you down and, IME, "just ignore him/her" is often the quickest way to get them to quit their antics and start behaving again.

I can't believe how quickly Leonore has changed in her looks. She used to be a clone of her father but now I see much more of Madeleine at that age.

I didn't think Estelle looked moody but rather a little tired and maybe bored toward the end.

It was a lovely photoshoot and I hope it becomes a tradition!
Old 07-20-2016, 09:35 PM
Aristocracy

Camelot23c: I agree. I thought Estelle seemed tired. She seems like such a happy, cheerful child. She is my favorite Royal, along with her mother and King Willem-Alexander. Smile...
I felt sympathetic to Chris. It is no fun to have a child running all over the place and refusing to come to the parents when asked. It's tiresome. Several family members tried to help: Queen Silvia, Daniel, Carl Philip.
It was a lovely group. It must be a bit of a surprise to all of them to have increased their numbers so much; 5 grandchildren!
Old 07-20-2016, 11:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely surprise to come home to

The babies are all so cute. Oscar looks so much like Estelle. Nico is such a looker with his eyes. Both he and his sister have such amazing eyes.

Estelle looked a bit bored/tired. I think she would have liked to join Leo. I am surprised they didn't put her on the bench with Estelle, there was room. Leo seems to have a bond with her cousin.

Chris seems like he was not into the photo to begin with and didn't see any need to start a fight and make Leo behave. Nico wasn't too happy either. Madeleine was the only one in her family happy to be shot.

With the king's birthday this year was good idea.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:58 AM
Aristocracy

They tried to get Leonor to sit on the bench with Estelle and Queen Silvia, but she wouldn't and ran away.
Old 07-21-2016, 01:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think Estelle looked bored. Maybe, because she didn't understand why Leonore couldn't sit still for a moment so that the photos could have been taken. Or because the photoshoot took a longer time because Leonore was running and Estelle had to sit there in front of the photographers. And Victoria and Daniel left Öland soon after the photoshoot, maybe Estelle was already waiting for that.

Expressen's fashion expert has given points for fashion
Prinsessorna Victoria, Madeleiene och Sofias stil på Öland _ Kungligt _ Expressen

ROYAL: Naturforscherin Estelle - Was hat sie da entdeckt?
ROYAL: Oscar zahnt - Finger sind zum Nuckeln da

Sommar på Solliden! _ Kungligt
Old 07-21-2016, 04:48 AM
Gentry

It was very nice surprise to held a summer photo session. As there have been real baby boom in recent years, then it was wonderful to see all those little princesses and princes with their parents and grandparents. Hope that The Court will publish HQs from the photoshoot.

I really do wish The King would have looked more happier. Once again that grumpy face. I also did not notice interaction between him & the grandkids and quite frankly the grandkids didn't bustly around him (Estelle looked quite miserable that she had to sit next to him and she could not join Leonore and run around).
Little princes looked so cute.
I really liked Madeleine's blouse and Victoria's skirt.

Hope that the summer photo session will become a tradition!
Old 07-21-2016, 04:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
Seeing a Princess run after her own daughter and a husband who looks helpless in the middle of it all is all kinds of funny, awkward, and endearing.

I loved seeing that such normal behavior there is always one who won't have their photo taken ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-21-2016, 04:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

The king, queen, Madeleine and Sofia went this evening to Badrock at the Borgholm Castle ruins, it started at 20.30. There is only a few minutes walk from Solliden to Castle Ruins. Madeleine had her friend Katarina von Horn with her. Singer Björn Skifs (who sang at Victoria's and Daniel's wedding) tells, that he sent a discreet invitation to the royal family. Badrock celebrates its 30th anniversary.
Kungafamiljen släpper loss – till Badrock _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Translation

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIIrOHOA...ressenkungligt
Old 07-21-2016, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent

In one of the photos, Carl Philip is also there
http://w.cdn-expressen.se/images/f1/...6x9/680@80.jpg

Tags
crown princess victoria, king carl gustaf, prince daniel, queen silvia, swedish royal family summer portraits, swedish royal family summer portraits 2016