State Visit from Romania to Sweden: March 11-12, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Crown Princess Victoria has wore that tiara before, once to the Nobel festivies and a few times on some other occasions but I don't know anything about the actual tiara itself.

I have to say that Crown Princess Victoria did amazing job choosing the outfits for this state visit. Although it was a rather unusual choice for somewhat conservative Princess such as Crown Princess Victoria, the black hat enhanced her overall look by making it effortlessly elegant. The gala dress was another perfect choice. When it comes to the tiara worn by Crown Princess Victoria, I am inclined to agree with Lady Cat (see post #27). The suit worn during the lunch at the Grand Hotel in Stockholm was a good example of simple sophistication.
Contrary to most opinions, I liked the gala outfit that Princess Madeleine wore and the way she looked. The aquamarine tiara is my personal favourite. The outfit worn during the lunch at the Grand Hotel in Stockholm was all right.

i dont like the dress, i dont like the whole outfit from victoria. her hair and the tiara doesn't looked good. dresses around her gybe looked squeezed.

madeleine looked good in the gala dress. yes, she has become thicker. maybe she increases because she is unhappy. since a few month she looked very unhappy.

my 2 cents about the Ladie's Gala-looks:

Victoria: :ninja: I hate hate hate this Tiara! And I hate it when Royal Ladies decide to wear their hair straight down with a Tiara.
The dress looks pretty, but the sash was overwhelming her.
I didn't like her look at all.

Madeleine: The Tiara is way to small. The dress is wonderful, but has been worn too often recently. Hair looks nice. Like Tiara hair has to look (not the way Victoria wore it. Hideous!)

Silvia: I've never been a fan of that dress. But then I love the Tiara.

All in all: Disappointing gala-looks.

Another note:
Madeleine= fat? :eek:
Sorry, I have to laugh out loud. She's definitely NOT what I'd call fat. But I guess that's what our Hollywood-interacted society expects... how sad.
She is not as slender as she used to be when she was younger. But actually: I don't mind it at all. She still looks radiant.

Last edited:
i agree with you. at the last events she worn the dress very often. maybe she doesn't get so much money from the state how victoria.

i agree with you. at the last events she worn the dress very often. maybe she doesn't get so much money from the state how victoria.
Hmm, Victoria and Silvia usually recycle their dresses very often as well. Ithink they all rarely get new dresses.
But I don't mind that!
I'd just love to see Madde wearing a different dress.. maybe another recycled one. One we didn't see for a longer time... like the pink one or this green one.

yes victoria and silvia recycled her dressed too but not so often like madeleine

Madeleine= fat? :eek:
Sorry, I have to laugh out loud. She's definitely NOT what I'd call fat. But I guess that's what our Hollywood-interacted society expects... how sad.
She is not as slender as she used to be when she was younger. But actually: I don't mind it at all. She still looks radiant.

So, let's say it's a matter of taste . In fact, I'm really not a fan of women who look like skeletons and I'm also not a strong supporter of thinness in general . I prefer women with forms when they're well-proportioned . And well, that's just not the case of Madeleine, whose arms are far too fat to me . It's just my opinion, sorry if it just makes you laugh ...:confused:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and it is in my opinion that Princess Madeleine’s weight, size and shape is her business and only her business.

Madeleine is not fat. I am shocked to hear her called that:eek: Why must we be so hard on these women? Either they are being called anorexic (Letizia) or fat (Maxima and now Madeleine).

I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Victoria's day outfit. The black and white combo with the shoes is soooooo me!! I want it! I have to have it! I just have no place to wear it!:ermm:
As for the evening wear:
The Queen looked nice. She wore my favorite tiara.
Victoria looked lovely. Even though I'm a firm beliver in that all hair should be worn "up" when wearing a tiara, I thought she looked extremely nice and it was a nice departure from her usual look. And she was even able to pull of the Not so nice looking tiara.
As for Madeline, she looked nice as usual. I love the color of the dress on her and the dressitself is very flattering. She has been puttingon weight since last year. (I think I mentioned it and noticed it around her birthday last year)but it's not as if she is obese or anything. She probably just stopped working out. Whatever the case, she looked lovely even if she did have to wear the "cyclopse" tiara!

I liked Victoria's black and white suit but not the hat which was just odd looking. I also have to agree that tiaras generally look better when hair is worn up. I think you can get away with it hanging down only when a tiara is very little, like the one Madeline wore but the bigger it is the worse it looks with loose flowing hair.

I never saw the tiara of Victoria before, any history about this one?

I don't know the exact history of the cut steel tiara Victoria wore at the state dinner, I do know cut steel tiaras came into vogue during one of the World Wars (I always mix it up so I'm not even going to try to get it right here) for economic reasons. Precious metals and gems were hard to come by and so the cut steel tiara was born. The close ups of Victoria wearing the tiara show the craftsmanship and how intricate the designs could be. I think it's a rather nice tiara, though far from my favorite.

Cat

Last edited:
I don't know the exact history of the cut steel tiara Victoria wore at the state dinner, I do know cut steel tiaras came into vogue during one of the World Wars (I always mix it up so I'm not even going to try to get it right here) for economic reasons. Precious metals and gems were hard to come by and so the cut steel tiara was born. The close ups of Victoria wearing the tiara show the craftsmanship and how intricate the designs could be. I think it's a rather nice tiara, though far from my favorite.

Cat

This tiara has seen way more then just two WW,it dates back to Napoleonic times really.

Statevisit of Rumania to Sweden and nameday of Crown Princess Victoria, 11-12 March 2008

Courtesy Albert Nieboer.

I loved Victoria black/white day wear but i´m not so sure about the hat, it looked big and strange... I though love her evening wear and i actually like that tiara and it looked really good on her on the evening. Madeleines dress and tiara i didn´t like that much and the queens dress has been worn a little to often now, but ofcours the jewelry was exelent.

Has anyone got pics from the return dinner? there must have been one right?

This tiara has seen way more then just two WW,it dates back to Napoleonic times really.

Statevisit of Rumania to Sweden and nameday of Crown Princess Victoria, 11-12 March 2008

Courtesy Albert Nieboer.
That's tight! This tiara is called the Napoleonic Cut Steel and Gold tiara isn't it? I had completely forgotten. Another of my infamous blond moments it seems. Thank you, Lucien, for reminding me. :flowers:

It also appears I had my facts mixed up just a teeny, tiny bit (only by a hundred years or so). Cut Steele tiaras were a cheap alternative to the real thing from the first French empire to Victorian era. One of these days I'll learn to check my assumptions before I post them as facts. For those of you who can't tell, I suffer from a little known affliction caled "brain clutter". Doh!

Cat

Last edited:
I love Madeleine´s dress. When she wore this dress before?

Thank´s to all for beautiful pictures.

thanks for those beautiful pics!!!

victoria was so gorgeous during this state visit!! sweden can be proud th have such a princess and a queen one day!!!

i want to see photos of gala dinner
of china state visit to sweden
i like to see what dress worn
the vevning gown of queen silvia
during the state visit of vhina
also bulgaria

princess mahitab, I noticed your many, many posts stressing the wish to see photos and didn't want to ignore them any longer although I really don't understand what your problem is.
In order to be able to see photos, you simply have to register on this board, go to thread about the state visit you're interested in and click on one of the links to pics... It couldn't be easier, where's the problem??

Back
Top Bottom