The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-12-2008, 09:02 AM
Serene Highness

Today morning, the queen and Mrs. Basescu visit Fryshuset in Stockholm!

At lunch the royal couple, crown princess Victoria and princess Madeleine attend at Grand Hotel with the guests.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Commoner

I think I might be in the minority here but Madeleine looked REGAL. I just can't find another word.Everything about her tonight was absolutely breathtaking,her dress which I think complimented her color very well,her hair and that gorgeous smile.I didn't even (for once) mind the aquamarine tiara and her body language which conveyed a lot of confidence. I really must stop now but I just can't help gushing about her!!!

Old 03-12-2008, 10:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita View Post
For once, Victoria was far more beautiful than Madeleine during the Gala . She had a beautiful gown, a beautiful hair-do ( I like it when her hair are not up) and a beautiful face : she was stunning !

Madeleine however was less shining and she is now, to my mind, too fat ...
I would not call her fat by any means. She is most likely well within the normal and dictated weight guidelines for her body type and height. It is us as a modern culture who seem to think that any person who is not stick thin is "fat". We have as a modern culture, a distorted view of what is acceptable weight wise, and what is thought now a days to be acceptable is underweight medically.

Now, like many of us, Madeleine might carry her weight more in some places than in others, but she is by no stretch of the imagination fat.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Nobility

Victoria looks much younger than Madeleine.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:47 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress View Post
I would not call her fat by any means. She is most likely well within the normal and dictated weight guidelines for her body type and height. It is us as a modern culture who seem to think that any person who is not stick thin is "fat". We have as a modern culture, a distorted view of what is acceptable weight wise, and what is thought now a days to be acceptable is underweight medically.

Now, like many of us, Madeleine might carry her weight more in some places than in others, but she is by no stretch of the imagination fat.
Amen! I found all of the ladies stunning at the state dinner. While Victoria's tiara is not a personal favorite of mine she carried it well. The dark blue of Madeleine's gown suited her to perfection. Even the tiny tiara, which seems to be a favorite of hers, looked nice. I think if I were Madeleine I might prefer it too -- it can't weigh much therefore no headache at the end of the evening. The Queen was perfect. Loved the dress, loved the tiara, loved everything about her! She has such elegance and grace. I wasn't crazy about the simplicity of the Romanian First Lady's gown but I loved the color. All in all very well done!

As for Madeleine's weight, she looked good to me. Not too thin, not to fat, just normal. And normal can be a very good thing indeed!

Cat
Old 03-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Aristocracy

Empress and LadyCat: I totally agree with both of you on the weight-issue. It's just a shame it always has to be brought up when a woman does not look like Kate Moss.
Anyway, there's more important things in the world, like tiaras!! Although I'm sure it was very fashionable at the time of its creation, I just can't like the Cut-Steel tiara. I do prefer it to the aquamarine piece of Madeleine's and the infamous "jeep" tiaras, but I would love to see Victoria in the Connaught-tiara. The Queen could be a bit more generous towards her daughters! I think they all wore old dresses, but I don't mind that as long as they look good and a certain period of time has passed since we last saw them. It's a bit boring when some dresses are used over and over again.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Queen Silvia and Mrs. Maria Basescu during therir visit to the Fryshuset in Stockholm, Sweden.
Fryshuset, (the Coldstore) is a foundation headed by the YMCA.

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/3...review1ls3.png
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6...review1pu5.png
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9...review1pk9.jpg
Photos by ANP

The Royal Family and President of Romania, Traian Basescu with his wife Maria together durigna lunch at the Grand Hotel in Stockholm.

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/9...reviewaug7.jpg
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/2...reviewbfo7.jpg
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6...reviewcom7.jpg
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/8...reviewdoi6.jpg
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6...reviewfmc9.jpg
Photos By ANP

More pics of this State visit,

IPApress
Old 03-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think that crown princess Victoria looked very lovely last night, although I´m not fond of that tiara. Princess Madeleine seems to have gained quite a few kilos, she looked almost fat today.
More photos of yesterday:
Seegerpress
Seegerpress
Seegerpress
Seegerpress
Seegerpress
Seegerpress
Seegerpress
Seegerpress
Seegerpress

According to magazine Svensk Damtidning, Victoria was the queen of the night:
Rumäniens presidentpar gästade kungafamiljen

Hola!/Victoria y Magdalena de Suecia adelantan la Primavera con sus galas y aderezos
Old 03-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ok, I'm going to say this and keep in mind it's just my opinion. After I saw the first picture of Madeleine, the thought that came into mind was not that she had gained a few kilos, but she must have had a breast augmentation. They looked very large! Although, I think that maybe looking at further pics, she may have gained a few pounds, of course I think those few pounds have gone to her chest. Other than that, everyone looked lovely!
Old 03-12-2008, 01:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

I never saw the tiara of Victoria before, any history about this one?
Old 03-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photos of the visit:
Photoshot gallery
Old 03-12-2008, 01:39 PM
Courtier

Crown Princess Victoria has wore that tiara before, once to the Nobel festivies and a few times on some other occasions but I don't know anything about the actual tiara itself.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I have to say that Crown Princess Victoria did amazing job choosing the outfits for this state visit. Although it was a rather unusual choice for somewhat conservative Princess such as Crown Princess Victoria, the black hat enhanced her overall look by making it effortlessly elegant. The gala dress was another perfect choice. When it comes to the tiara worn by Crown Princess Victoria, I am inclined to agree with Lady Cat (see post #27). The suit worn during the lunch at the Grand Hotel in Stockholm was a good example of simple sophistication.
Contrary to most opinions, I liked the gala outfit that Princess Madeleine wore and the way she looked. The aquamarine tiara is my personal favourite. The outfit worn during the lunch at the Grand Hotel in Stockholm was all right.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Gentry

i dont like the dress, i dont like the whole outfit from victoria. her hair and the tiara doesn't looked good. dresses around her gybe looked squeezed.

madeleine looked good in the gala dress. yes, she has become thicker. maybe she increases because she is unhappy. since a few month she looked very unhappy.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Thumbs down

my 2 cents about the Ladie's Gala-looks:

Victoria: I hate hate hate this Tiara! And I hate it when Royal Ladies decide to wear their hair straight down with a Tiara.
The dress looks pretty, but the sash was overwhelming her.
I didn't like her look at all.

Madeleine: The Tiara is way to small. The dress is wonderful, but has been worn too often recently. Hair looks nice. Like Tiara hair has to look (not the way Victoria wore it. Hideous!)

Silvia: I've never been a fan of that dress. But then I love the Tiara.

All in all: Disappointing gala-looks.

Another note:
Madeleine= fat?
Sorry, I have to laugh out loud. She's definitely NOT what I'd call fat. But I guess that's what our Hollywood-interacted society expects... how sad.
She is not as slender as she used to be when she was younger. But actually: I don't mind it at all. She still looks radiant.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Gentry

i agree with you. at the last events she worn the dress very often. maybe she doesn't get so much money from the state how victoria.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandra1 View Post
i agree with you. at the last events she worn the dress very often. maybe she doesn't get so much money from the state how victoria.
Hmm, Victoria and Silvia usually recycle their dresses very often as well. Ithink they all rarely get new dresses.
But I don't mind that!
I'd just love to see Madde wearing a different dress.. maybe another recycled one. One we didn't see for a longer time... like the pink one or this green one.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Gentry

yes victoria and silvia recycled her dressed too but not so often like madeleine
Old 03-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post

Madeleine= fat?
Sorry, I have to laugh out loud. She's definitely NOT what I'd call fat. But I guess that's what our Hollywood-interacted society expects... how sad.
She is not as slender as she used to be when she was younger. But actually: I don't mind it at all. She still looks radiant.

So, let's say it's a matter of taste . In fact, I'm really not a fan of women who look like skeletons and I'm also not a strong supporter of thinness in general . I prefer women with forms when they're well-proportioned . And well, that's just not the case of Madeleine, whose arms are far too fat to me . It's just my opinion, sorry if it just makes you laugh ...
Old 03-12-2008, 06:02 PM
Courtier

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and it is in my opinion that Princess Madeleine’s weight, size and shape is her business and only her business.